PDA

View Full Version : How Many Comm Tech Troopers Do You Have?

stillakid
03-21-2002, 10:00 PM
Drawing from inspiration from the Coruscant Guard thread, I wondered the folowing: How Many Comm Tech Troopers Do You Have?

In all my travels, I only managed to come up with 5, only two of which came from finding them at retail. I should have another, but a trader (traitor) didn't hold to his end of the bargain and stole one of my Biker Scouts and didn't send me the Comm Tech Trooper as promised.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=23846#post23846

In any case, I always wanted to line up a bunch of these guys, but they just were never around in stores. If Hasbro has time on their hands, they've already got the molds, they should keep a continuous supply of army builder figures like this coming for all of us trying to mass an invasion.

Battle Droid
03-21-2002, 10:17 PM
0, never could find a one.:(

stillakid
03-21-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
0, never could find a one.:(

That sucks. I've got a feeling that there are guys out there with tens to hundreds stashed away, many never to feel the cool breath of freedom from their bubbles. :cry:

I guess that in addition to inflicting emotional pain upon myself, I'm hoping to gauge the horribly inconsistent distribution pattern that occurred with these figures in particular.

Let's stay tuned...

Lord Tenebrous
03-21-2002, 10:57 PM
Two loose, and one carded. TRU for $1.97 ea.

That was the highlight of the clearance sales here.

LTBasker
03-21-2002, 11:45 PM
I've got around almost 20 since they were showing up in hoards at TRU plus I had found'em at retail and had ordered a case along the lines to get my R2 w/ holo Leia (plus getting 3 more Troopers from the case was pretty good) and I got good amount from TRU. (don't worry, I left plenty on the shelves) I've got around 15 or so of'em gathered in a squad with the Imperial Officer and R2-Q5 briefing them. :cool:

fourtwo
03-22-2002, 12:28 AM
i also have zero.
people who don't open toys make me sick

corporal AMF
03-22-2002, 12:36 AM
i do have ...i believe ner 14... some of them customized to reach different poses, like holding a blaster and something like that...also I custimized another like a sandtrooper...and like it better that POTJ sandtrooper.....I mean orange shoulderstrap rocks!!!:Pirate:

Jargo
03-22-2002, 06:11 AM
I have thirty commtech stormies all opened.
Six dirty biker scouts and three clean ones.

If you go to the thread in the AOTC section about buying before you think about available space for the item, you can fins a pic i posted of my collection of Imperials. This might sound mean but i gave my nephew a couple of stormies because he wanted soldiers to fight his jedi. He already had a few battle droids but he wante human soldiers. To be honest I nearly couldn't part with those two. But his Mum was worried about him having too many toys around so I just gave him two. It was going to be more honest. Would have broken my heart to see them mangled by my nephew but hey - he's a kid and that's what kids do to toys.

Anyways, if I could have I would have got more. I always wanted a hundred in formation.......

I feel for you guys without any but hopefully you'll get some when the fanclub releases the troop builder pack later this year. And if like me you can't join the fanclub because you're outside the states then I hope you manage to make a friend in the states willing to help you get some. Did that sound condescending? it wasn't meant that way. I genuinely hope you find some stormies. It's s really cool figure that gives me tons of enjoyment when I play with them. :)

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 07:01 AM
I bought ten, gave two away, kept two in the package, and opened the other six. I have a TON of POTF2 Stormies opened, plus a few Stormie Luke with his helmet on, and the two Stormie Hans (Send Away and Cinema Scene). So by the time CTC Stormie came out, I was all Stormied out. I'm going to buy some FanClub four packs, though.

187-Maul
03-22-2002, 09:29 AM
only 1... got him nicw standing in my vitrine (pic in dioramas section under who makes his own dio's)

JEDIpartner
03-22-2002, 09:32 AM
one. :(

Darkross
03-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Zero! Now if you want to count Episode I...well then I have 4...2 Darth Maul, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Never saw the Com-Tech Stormtroopers in stores. I did have a chance to buy a couple last summer, but passed on them when I saw that they were selling for $20-25.00 at a specialty store.

evenflow
03-22-2002, 10:40 AM
I only found 1.

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2002, 10:42 AM
I have got 0.
Thats right, the big fat goosegg.
Nada, zilch, nothing.
I have seen 1 in my life, at Wal Mart couple years back.
Didnt get it though, which I regret.

IcebergSlim
03-22-2002, 10:45 AM
Never even seen one in a store...

Amanamike
03-22-2002, 11:13 AM
I have 8 but never bought 1 on a store. All from online..actually I did buy one from a Comic shop in the West Edmonton mall..for 50 canadian!!!! Yikes what a rip that was!!!!!

Lman316
03-22-2002, 12:09 PM
I currently have 7 set up around my room. I had an extra one, but I sold it for $5 because I didn't think I would need anymore. I always do that. I'll sell stuff that I don't think I'll want and then I'll want it for something like about a month later.
I'm just going to have to pick up some of those Stormtrooper sets from the FC. I really could use some more.

stillakid
03-22-2002, 12:13 PM
Hmm, the very few of us that have posted have very many. WHO HAS THEM ALL? Speak out!

For all the talk about just how expensive it is to create the aluminum mold for action figures, it seems like a no-brainer for Hasbro to have a separate area dedicated to churning out Stormtroopers.

Darth Evil
03-22-2002, 01:41 PM
I have...none. I've never even seen 'em for sale, although my cousin has one, which he won't give or sell to me :frus: .

Sith Vicious
03-22-2002, 05:22 PM
I have one that I broke down and bought off Ebay. Troops of any kind are incredibly hard to find in my area. I can only assume there are a bunch of army builders that live here as I've never seen a Commtech trooper, Biker Scout (Clean or Dirty), New Rebel Trooper, or Imperial Officer at retail. I'ver only seen the new Sandtrooper once and that was at a Wal-Mart right after they had stocked the shelves. :frus:

Turbowars
03-22-2002, 06:21 PM
Man I sure do feel like kicking myself. When ever they came out TRU had two huge bins full of them, I mean I could have bought about 100+ Stormy for 1.97 each. I didn't buy any because I bought one from a collector store about three months before TRU got theirs. I only have Two, one with Holo commtech and one with white commtech. I don't open my figures, so it's not important to me to have 30+ for play.

stillakid
03-22-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Man I sure do feel like kicking myself. When ever they came out TRU had two huge bins full of them, I mean I could have bought about 100+ Stormy for 1.97 each. I didn't buy any because I bought one from a collector store about three months before TRU got theirs. I only have Two, one with Holo commtech and one with white commtech. I don't open my figures, so it's not important to me to have 30+ for play.

okay, that one hurts. Two bins?!! at $1.97?!!! I'm going to go look up the definition of "distribution" and send it to Hasbro and Toys R Us.

GeneralKenobi
03-23-2002, 10:12 AM
Only one Stormie for me.

Jayspawn
03-23-2002, 10:19 AM
I have about 20 COMMtech Stormtroopers opened. And one in the box. They're great for scene building!

stillakid
03-23-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
They're great for scene building!

That's it, rub it in. ;) You seem to have the most so far. Where did you get them?

Turbowars
03-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by stillakid

okay, that one hurts. Two bins?!! at $1.97?!!! I'm going to go look up the definition of "distribution" and send it to Hasbro and Toys R Us. and that was in Burbank CA close to you Stillakid

Jargo
03-23-2002, 07:18 PM
I seem to recall THRAWN saying he had about fifty four. I guess that beats my thirty and BigBarada's thirty something.

i bought most of mine online because the place i got then from had tons that just sat there so I bought them six at a time with a two week gap between purchases to allow other collectors a chance to take them. Seems no-one really wanted them they sat there so long. I think they finally sold out though or I'd have gone back and bought more. Compared to the crappy clonetroopers the commtech stormtrooper seems like the perfect figure. I know which one I'd rather have.

stillakid
03-23-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
and that was in Burbank CA close to you Stillakid

That hurts even more. I wish that I would have known. I'd have been down there as quick as the 101 would let me.

mark2d2
03-24-2002, 06:40 AM
Two. And I picked 'em up for close to retail. Or at retail from Cool Han Luke.

A very well done sculpt.

I'll be up for at least one of those Fan Club four packs to be sure.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-24-2002, 07:14 PM

could have paid $12 for one at a flea market. But I guessed the scalper probably paid $1.97 for his at TRU so I didn't want to give him a 600% profit margin so I passed up on it. I am always on the lookout for one though! :stupid:

darksol28
03-24-2002, 09:03 PM
I have 50! Yes I know, but I couldn't help myself. $2!!!
You can see them here:
http://zuckuss.freeservers.com/photo3.html

Mr Sci Fi
03-25-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by darksol28
I have 50! Yes I know, but I couldn't help myself. $2!!!
You can see them here:
http://zuckuss.freeservers.com/photo3.html

Cool pictures, the sandtrooper/dewback one cracks me up, it looks like they're adventuring in a cat's pan.

I have around thirty or so loose and about the same amout carded too. I bought all I could when tru had them for 2 bucks. I eventually want to use them in roleplaying adventures and in a diorama or two.

At one point I had around 130+ of them all carded, but I had picked them up only because a few friends of mine wanted some armies of them also.

ACPin
03-28-2002, 07:10 AM
I've used less than half of what I got for this diorama. :cool:

Stormtroopers with Mara Jade (http://www.figures.com/archives/images/83/34883.jpg)

pthfnder89
03-28-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by ACPin
I've used less than half of what I got for this diorama. :cool:

Stormtroopers with Mara Jade (http://www.figures.com/archives/images/83/34883.jpg)

Lol, I was feelin pretty cool with my 40 or so Stormies until you guys started posting your darn dioramas! :p :D

I thought about picking up lots more when I foudn them at TRU, but with the 40-50 I have now, I've only opened about 1/3 of them anyway, because I just don't have room for more right now, so I guess it's just as well that I didn't get 100. :) Also, I don't like to have most of them with the rifle that comes with them, I prefer the standard POTF2 Blaster Rifle, and I only have about 15 of those. (10 more if you count the new POTJ blasters, but those don't fit in their hands well at all)

I have 3 Sandtrooper "Captains" leading several divisions, as well as a few other ranks, designated by colored Sandtrooper shoulder pauldrons. I love having several different "squads", it's makes them look so cool when they're all posed in one shot.:)

OC47150
03-28-2002, 12:30 PM
At one time, I had 10 but traded several off for hard to find figures. I wasn't that impressed with it. I still like the original stormie better.

Wolfwood319
03-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Thanks to a generous friend of mine, I have an even 19 now. He had had to get rid of most of his dioramas when he got married and only kept one of each figure. I have 19 CT stormies, 5 dirty biker scouts, 3 biker scouts w/ bikes, and 4 potj sandtroopers.

KiValleyTiger
03-28-2002, 06:36 PM
In any case, I always wanted to line up a bunch of these guys, but they just were never around in stores.
stillakid, I know why they were never around in our area. When that case was showing up for the 2nd time, I was able only to see in the most 20 stormies in TRUs and I grabbed only 6 since I don't intend to build an army. I just like the articulation, I have them posed differently. I posted the story a while back and I could not find it, it might be in the SSG old Forum. Anyway, I was at Santa Monica TRU and saw someone was holding that case, so I asked the stocker boy and he brought me out 1 case. And he asked me whether I'm the person who is going to buy all of the cases, I said "What?". He showed me a stack of these cases, about 25 cases. It turned out the guy that I saw wanted to buy them. So I confronted him at the cash register, he said he wanted to build diorama ("Yeah, right"). I told him, collectors will not buy more than 2 at a time. I complained to the manager, even to the main office with no avail.
But good news for you, I think Hasbro is making the stormie army builder pack, right? I saw post, there was a site in Hong Kong which is selling bags of unfinished stormies, www.toyzone.com.hk
for $15 a bag (with 5 stormies). You can give it a try.

Tycho
03-28-2002, 11:46 PM
Ki Valley Tiger - collectors WILL buy more than 2 at a time. As I'm getting my SneakPreview Clone Troopers at about 10 at a time.

Well I currently have 20 and am only going to pick up 5 more of this sculpt.

The guy you saw at the cash register might have really wanted to do a diorama - MAYBE. In my case, my toy store managers have seen pictures of my dioramas because I'm such a familiar face that I became suspicious and they asked. So they've known me for 7 years or so and they know what I do with the quantity I buy.

But your instinct might have told you that this guy was a scalper versus an army builder though. I didn't see him or talk to him, so I couldn't say. It's just possible that he wasn't scum.

Meanwhile, if ethical, my feelings are he should have offered you HALF of what he was buying, if you wanted that much. (or shared with whoever was there at the time looking for SW).

My current poll discusses this, and the next one should focus on how much we each have of ANY army builders.

However, since Stillakid started this thread to know, I also have 0 (zero) CommTech troopers.

I have maybe 70 of the kind first released in '95. Probably 50 used in dioramas with some extras in case I set up some Expanded Universe stuff or whatever I may use them for. I wasn't as accurate at counting out how many figures I will need for dioramas in those days.

Incidently, KID, I see your vote that you'd like an Emperor's Arrival scene in your collection.

"Who wouldn't?" is right. I didn't because everybody else is doing that scene, so I wanted to do something different in my collection for my own sake, and also so I can admire that scene done in others' setups.

Before I log off, I decided to count what I did with my regular stormies...

15 are stationed between 2 vintage DS Playsets.
7 are fighting on Endor along with other types of Imperials.
2 are at a smaller scene with the Shield Bunker playset.
3 are chasing Han and Chewie in a scene I did in the DS escape box.
2 are shooting at Luke and Leia swinging on the DS rope.
13 have invaded my giant Cloud City I built (some guards, some w. Fett)
7 have captured Luke, Han, and MARA JADE on Mrkyr from an HTTE scene.
3 are fighting Kir Kanos (a custom Royal Guard)

So that's 52 Stormies loose and used and NOT in an Emperor's Arrvial scene.

Like I said, I think I picked like 20 extras just in case I'd need them to fight Yuuzhan Vong figures, to save for a Platoon for Grand Admiral Thrawn to face Joruus C'Boath with, etc.

So I had no reason to buy the CommTech Troopers. They'd make my regular stormies look different from "Clones" of the other ones anyway.

I did have access to hundreds of the CommTechs though, as I went first thing in the morning to pick up R2D2 with Leia Holos. ( I have 3 of those loose in scenes - Purchase of the Droids, Jabba's Droid Dungeon, and the SailBarge - all scenes which R2 wore a restraining bolt).

So people DO buy for dioramas. I just take what I need - but all of it that I can get my hands on!!!

2-1B
03-29-2002, 12:04 AM
I only found 3 at 1.97, and I kept one. I've never been an army builder, but those figs were tempting me to start :)

jedi master sal
03-29-2002, 09:15 AM
I have 21 of these great sculpted highly articulated little wonders.

KiValleyTiger
03-29-2002, 10:55 AM
Well, first of all, I asked him if I can get half of those cases, he said no. He said he needed them for his diorama and his friends need the R2s.
So, the problem with this, the next collectors who come to the that store won't get any. The next day, I met 3 collectors at that TRU who were looking for the case, and they came up empty handed.
I still believe, and I still do this, that any time I came to a store, I won't buy more than 2. I'll come back the next time if I still need more. I went to 3 diff TRU just to get my 6 stormies. And I see your point too and I'm glad that those stormies are in a good hand (instead of hanging on the pegs in Frank&Sons).
So, I think the best solutions from Hasbro is making this army builder a separate package with a low cost for people who really wants to build diorama. Like the one from the site on my previous reply; loose, unfinished etc.

KiValleyTiger
03-29-2002, 10:57 AM
BTW, where is your poll, Tycho?

Jedi Drew
03-29-2002, 10:58 AM
I have five of these still on the card. Tycho you just have too much time on your hands. Between sniffing figures and going on hunts for new figures when do you sleep and work???:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

browndroid
03-29-2002, 11:17 AM
i only have 2:(

Tycho
03-29-2002, 11:48 AM
JediDrew: I am at work now. I am an idependent city redevelopment project advisor, probably going to be even busier as I move into reconstruction planning, or doing the economic impact reports for the current project I'm working on.

I do not have to be at work at 6:45 am. 20 minutes later than that (today) I had 4 more Clone Troopers, and just a while after that - 3 TIE Bomber Vehicles. I also didn't need to be working at that time. Many people start work at 9am. By that time I had purchased $125 worth of new Star Wars toys and am currently taking a break only to "play in the forums for a few minutes" while I'm earning back the money I spent on them (and paying the rent, etc...)

The TIE Bombers may not actually all be mine though: one is for my friend Mike for sure. I owe him for my Episode 2 Twelve Inch figures, and while I want two TIE Bombers for myself to hang in formation as seen in ESB, I may have to share with my friend Jose, as I think he's the only one in our group that hasn't found one. I can get my other one later, but my pal James has 2 of his on layaway until we sort it all out this weekend.

KiValley Tiger, my poll can be accessed by clicking on to SirSteve's Homepage and it is in the box, half-way down the front page on the left-hand side. Or click out of this forum, into the generic forums category, and click on polls.

There you will learn that (as of now) 16% of our readers hit the stores first thing in the morning and do not have trouble finding anything. While approximately 45% of the readers condone them buying everything in sight that they want when they see it. Yet over 50% of our readers think that is wrong for several common reasons varying from "Army Builders need to share," to suspicion that people "don't build dioramas but actually HAVE to be Scalpers" if they buy that much of this stuff (or wipe out the shelves with it).

With that in mind, me and my friends did wipe out almost all the TIE Bombers that shipped to our entire County, but we are also done save for maybe buying 1 more, between all 7 of us. (I slept in and missed them at my store yesterday) and only 2 of our other guys have found these so far. Meaning we have 9 TIE Bombers split between 7 people - with one of those 7 wanting 2 that didn't get their second one yet.

Meanwhile, that basically means that amongst the 7 of us, NONE of us will ever be buying this starfighter ever again (save for a clearance sale and the 4 guys who only wanted one deciding they'll hang up 2 just like in the movie).

But I do have to get back to work.....

But my point in posting this, and in the subject matter I've run on our polls lately, is that I'm trying to help all of you get your toys. I enjoyed bragging a little bit and that's vain of me, but I don't want to sound inconsiderate and am really pleased when I hear from some of you that you went out and (due to Wal*Mart's mistakes) many of you have already got most of the Episode 2 product already, weeks before Midnight Madness! Congratulations!

Make the effort and it pays off. Much better than just eventually being stuck complaining in these forums about the distribution. It's out there. Go and get it! Happy Hunting to all of you!

Thrawn
04-01-2002, 09:28 PM
I have 3 carded and around 50 loose.

I got them at TRU for $2 ea, then the next week they had them on sale 2 for $3 - so I brought in my receipts and got ALL the Troopers for $1.50 ea ;)

sithmagic21
04-02-2002, 01:21 PM
175 stormies....30 of which I have customed into commtech sandtroopers...most of theses I got from Yahoo auctions...where there would be 10 for buy price of $25. I probably supported a scalper...I don't like it. i also bought some from online deals and out in the stores.

stillakid
04-02-2002, 09:47 PM
Well, I congratulate all of you who managed to pick them up for such a killer price. All I can surmise from this unscientific survey is that Hasbro's distribution was EXTRAORDINARILY TERRIBLE on this figure. Why is it that the vast majority of stores could offer just a scant few while a highly select random sampling of others wound up with overflowing bins which they were compelled to dump at 2 bucks a piece? I was chastised here or in another thread to essentially quit whining and do the work to go find "army builder" figures that I want, but with a distribution scheme like this, it is the epitamy of foolishness to attempt such a feat. They made it utterly impossible for most of us to find even one CommTech Trooper while a few lucky souls walked off with armies at cutrate prices.

Disgusting.

But sincerely, I'm glad you guys got them and they're not languishing in comic book shops for 20 bucks a pop. I wish it was me. :)

Tycho
04-02-2002, 11:51 PM
Kid,

It's kind of all about what I was trying to clue in collectors about in my polls (versus clue-ing in scalpers who already know this).

People are going when the toys are first stocked - usually wiping out everything from an over-night stocking, first thing in the morning.

I think most army builders are on the side of tolerance and reason in the best interests of seeing the hobby enjoyed by the largest amount of fans who are just like them.

If you are there, they will share.

However, I'm sure most army builders, myself included, would rather sleep an extra hour before school or work, and want to be anywhere else besides standing in front of Wal*Mart at 6:45 am with a bunch of "old man scalpers" and HotWheels collectors.

Yet if they are frequent enough shoppers, they ARE customers and good customer service managers in the store TELL THEM when shipments are going to arrive and when they will hit the floor.

The army builder that wants up to 100 of a hard to find figure will make sure they will be there. Who knows? Depending upon how much back stock Hasbro didn't sell through regular sales, they could have tons, or only a shortside amount of cases with CommTechs and R2 Holo Leia's left to ship.

It might be one morning, or one week of mornings - but that's all they lose.

I don't know, but if your stores "failed" to get shipped a "decent amount" - or any amount at all - of the R2 Holo / CommTech Trooper wave (yes R2 was in there) - you just might not know about how much they got if you weren't there when the early hunters were out and about.

Employees even dodge the truth when they are wiped out in the mornings, because they served their customers who were there, and don't want to hear complaints that they didn't regulate distribution. They don't care and that's not their job.

I get good service as I'm a known customer and I spend hundreds of dollars in their department.

Now remember Bubbles? - you blow the magic wand in the soap bottle? If some bubble fiend rushes the store and buys all of it - it's not their problem. Some of these people are just trying to make a living and are not aware of "the importance of Star Wars" to the greater convenient store world. They have set routines and tasks they have to do in their work day and are not going to play "Star Wars monitor" to satisfy people that get their late. Nor is it important even to Toys R Us' profits- a TOY STORE - let alone that Wal*Mart and Target could care less.

They stock overnight for the most part, because that's when it's easiest not to hit customers with large toy pallets they are driving out on overloaded shopping carts or even little forklifts.

But the average army builder doesn't want to be there at these early morning hours, but he knows if he takes advantage of this single opportunity, he might get all, or at least a good amount of his desired troops.

We're wiping the racks clean while the snoozers are losers and I have been very quiet about R2 with Holo Leia, save for the fact that they all went to collectors who are personal friends of mine for $1.98 cost, or if they were traded to fans it was fair. And yeah, at Comic Con, I traded Scalpers, and walked away with 12" items, or complete sets of EU figures or whatever I could deal for, provided I was getting things I wanted, and taking advantage of those miserable jerks (that I beat to the toy isles in the morning anyway) and knowing that I was ripping them off for a fortune (in scalper dollars) while R2's price was falling out the bottom. They didn't know this, their information was not up-to-date, and they were NOT going to get $80 each for them, like they marked them to!

Those figures did make it out there, probably to ALL the stores, and collectors like myself got some of them (I personally didn't take CommTech Troopers though), and probably to this day, very few San Diegans know what actually shipped because the network I'm in was out there in force, and ALL of our 6 Toys R Us stores were covered, we knew what days to go, and we had NO Competition!

Finally, with what I saw of initial distribution and what was left (by me) and others for the late-comers, CommTech Troopers were so abundant that at least 10 of them were sitting on the racks any given day after a shipment, for all afternoon. They were usually bought by nightfall as I went back to check in the evenings between my own curiosity, and my interest in finding out what would be stocked for the next morning.

One day 120 CommTech Troopers were stocked! About 18 were left by that evening, those being bought the following morning.
There were several occasions like that: a 24 hour window to get your figures, with army builders and scalpers alike hitting it.

Once I had what I wanted though, I stayed home. I have a life, I have a job, and I love an extra hour of sleep!

stillakid
04-03-2002, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the further explanation, but explain the $2 bins. That's where the bs comes in, in my opinion. If I have to set up surveillance cameras to monitor toy aisles on those days that I can't get there, in the event that I happen to miss that "24 hour period," there is a problem with the distribution...not my shopping habits. Hasbro should be smart enough to know that Stormtroopers and other "multiple" type figures will be sold no matter how many they make and 2 per box just isn't enough. Add that to the extra special rare stores that got the truckloads of CommTechs to pass out for $2 bucks and I see a problem where you only see "laziness" on my part.

Rogue II
04-03-2002, 08:10 PM
When and where were the CC Stormtroopers $2? Did I completely miss it?

stillakid
04-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
When and where were the CC Stormtroopers $2? Did I completely miss it?

You and most of the planet.

Tycho
04-03-2002, 08:33 PM
I didn't see laziness on your part, Kid. Hopefully you didn't read too much into that.

If I was faulting you, it was more towards having apathy bringing yourself down (and me too - because I want you to get your stormtroopers - and wished you could have at $1.98!)

Meanwhile, you are right about distribution lacking where you need to have TRU under 24 hr surveilance. Very true. 2 per case was not enough and I completely agree.

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 08:39 PM
I remember during the E1 $1.98 madness I had to specifically ask an employee to go get more cases out from the back to check for new stuff. When the shelves get full, they leave the new cases in back from what I can tell, then when the shelves clear out a bit, they'll put more stuff out. I think that was the case with the CT Troopers. They had shelves and shelves full of Lukes and Hans, then they clearenced them and brought out the rest of the cases, CT Trooper cases included.

I personally never saw CT Troopers on sale, but I did get most E1 stuff on sale.

jedihunter25
04-03-2002, 08:44 PM
At first I only had one for a while:cry: . But then I walked into TRU and found one of those basket bins full of them for $2 each. Now I have around 21 of them.

Tycho
04-04-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I remember during the E1 $1.98 madness I had to specifically ask an employee to go get more cases out from the back to check for new stuff.

That's exactly right. My friends and I were cool with enough TRU employees and managers that it didn't matter if they had room to stock the next case of CommTechs. Our connections would go in the back and pull out the stuff we wanted. They knew us for years and well enough to know we weren't scalping the stuff. So when the next person asked for a case, or they were finally stocked - it was amazing - but there were no Stormies or R2 Holos left in them! (isn't that interesting?)

Sure thing the scalpers were asking employees to check the stockroom every day! Why shouldn't we?

But mostly the $2 sale was handled with all the figures from every case being dumped in a big bin, or (in the best case scenerio) racked along a huge wall of the stuff for a store Sale display. We just learned to check the WAREHOUSE shipping manifests (not the in-store ones for their trucks, though that's important too) but this way we KNEW when the stuff would be arriving, and from our friends in-store, when it would be stocked.

The first and most important question was "How badly do you want it?"

jedi_uk73
04-04-2002, 06:34 AM
I got 1 still carded and 1 loose. Blooming things are hard to find in the UK. Either that or too expensive.

OC47150
04-04-2002, 07:42 AM
I found my $2 comm tech stormies during the Christmas 1999 or 2000 shopping season. Sorry that I can't remember the exact time but I remember it was Christmas time.

Clone_Commander
04-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Only 1 carded. Need MORE !

Rogue II
04-04-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by OC47150
I found my $2 comm tech stormies during the Christmas 1999 or 2000 shopping season. Sorry that I can't remember the exact time but I remember it was Christmas time.

Ok, that explains why I never saw the Stormtrooper. The ones I did see for $2 were Wuher, Greedo, Luke, Vader, and Han. I ended up buying the Stormtrooper at a baseball card show for $7.

Oh well.

BoShek
04-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Add me to the list of people that NEVER saw a $2 sale.

Clone_Commander
04-07-2002, 09:58 AM
I am surprised that Hasbro did not produce any other army builder figures like the commtech stormtrooper. He has a very good articulation, enough ankles and this way is versatile usable. Is the production of this type of figure so expensive ? Hope they will produce a Clone Trooper after his model.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-11-2002, 07:58 AM
I only have 1 and it's loose. I'll probably get 2 more so my loose trooper has some company and the other to keep carded. I'd love to get 20 of them, but they are just not articulated enough to make different stances. If i want a Emperor's Arrival Diorama, i'll just use the 1 CommTech Stormie and the 4 regs and copy each of them 30 times in photoshop.

:D

187-Maul
04-11-2002, 08:12 AM
I've ordered a 10-pack of the stormtrooper kit where you can put the parts together !!! should arrive in about a week!! I can't wait! finally I'll have a few stormies more...

DarthMaulSithLord
04-11-2002, 10:10 AM
So ehmm...how do you get those to the action figure "stage"? With glue? Won't that immobilize the joints?

:)

187-Maul
04-11-2002, 12:19 PM
it says you don't need any tools or glue just a lot of patience to put the parts together

187-Maul
04-11-2002, 12:21 PM
if you want to you can order them yourself www.toy-palace.com
it's a german site and the shipping is 12 euros to the netherlands
look under POTF2 and there under exclusives

187-Maul
04-18-2002, 05:34 PM
well the troopbuilder-set finally arrived today!!!
now I have 11 stormies although not all are build together, yet
I'll make a few sandtroopers so I'll wait with a few
but I'm havin a real hard time getting them together
first, I couldn't get the pin between the knee-joint so I had to cut them, put them in the joint and glue them then together - it even worked !!!
but the second problem is getting the upper body together! the arms are still loose cause the parts won't fit together completely
but I had a great time building them (I spend about 8 hours today) and will post some pics next week or so when the digi-cam works again
I'm so happy !!!

DarthMaulSithLord
04-18-2002, 08:35 PM
Hmmmm...it would be great if you could order a sample fig.

:)

jrviking07
04-27-2002, 05:27 PM
I have only one of the commtech stormtroopers

Jargo
05-10-2002, 01:29 PM
I too just ordered the build-them-yourself pack from toypalace. I'm hoping to get just one more pack to take me to my target of having fifty. I'd love to get as high as a hundred but I just don't have room. Otherwise I'd go hell for leather at these things. I'm going to customise a couple to give myself a Han and Luke in stormtrooper disguise. Use the head from the Luke that came in that board game with the vader figure. It's a wet hair sculpt so it's perfect. And I have a spare Han Solo commtech head after I used the body for something else. Now all I have to do is work at getting my dremel skills up to scratch to hollow out the stormie heads and give the pair removable helmets. :)

Croaker
05-24-2002, 08:09 AM
I have zero commtech stormies
Never saw one.

Wonderboy
05-26-2002, 12:25 AM
I have 4 on card...

Taichi
06-11-2002, 03:35 PM
I have only one right now, but plan on buying two of the Euro Exclusive "put together" sets.....

QLD
06-15-2002, 01:16 PM
I have 24 now, all loose. I might pick up another 20 pack. Great figures. I never saw any for 2$ though.

SuperBattleDroid88
06-15-2002, 01:24 PM
I have 2.... one I got when it first came out for 6.99 and another for 1.97! :D

TIE Pilot
06-16-2002, 12:24 AM
Just one.. bought it at the fan club when they first came out.

SNAYSON
06-26-2002, 03:48 PM
11 comtech storm troopers
18 potf2 stormtroopers
3 deluxe stormtroopers
9 snowtroopers
5 deluxe snowtroopers
12 dirty scouttroopers
1 clean scout trooper
2 scouttrooper w/speeders
10 at at drivers
3 at at drivers from 3 at at's
5 tie fighter pilots
3 tie fighter pilots from 2 interceptors and 1 tie bomber
5 at st drivers
3 scanning crew troopers
3 death star troopers
10 sandtroopers
3 sandtroopers from the cantena diorama
2 santroopers form the dewbacks
5 darktroopers
2 space troopers
6 potf2 royal gaurds
6 saga royal gaurds
3 death star gunners
2 preview clone troopers
2 red marking clone troopers
5 luke in stormtrooper outfit
2 mail away han stormtrooper
1 luke stormtrooper and han stormtrooper cenima scene
2 luke in SOTE royal stormtrooper
3 imerial probe droids
2 imperial sentinals

ordered more of the stormtrooper troop builder will have 50 stormtroopers eventually.

forgot to count the potj sandtroopers: have 3 of them

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 07:15 PM
I have two, and although they are better than the earlier versions from 96, they still aren't as close to what they should or could be.

jdmarlow
07-21-2002, 09:19 PM
SNAYSON,

my god! amazing...

I would never find the need to buy so many of one thing. Except for the EP1 Battle Droids (I got twelve of'em). Check out this variation:

Dirty/clean/shot/sliced .00
Dirty/clean/shot/sliced .0100
Dirty/clean/shot/sliced .0200

Craziness! SNAYSON, what will you do with all of those? I only have two stormies (variations)

Lobito
07-22-2002, 08:56 PM
Just one, but i recently bought the Stormtroopers 4 pack army builder set. I was pretty amazed that they fitted in that little white box!!!:eek:

Darth Sidious
07-22-2002, 10:52 PM
None. Would you believe I only have 1 stormie period? The 1995 one. My stormie invasions suck.

thespar
07-24-2002, 02:36 PM
i have only one comm tech stromtrooper

macewindu87
07-26-2002, 01:49 PM
I have zero comm tech stortroopers, because I just started to colect Star Wars figures.
Mace:crazed:

billfremore
07-26-2002, 01:52 PM
I have one that arrived in trade this week!
YAY! :D

and don't worry folks he'll be out of his plastic prison as soon as I can get all my stuff moved into its new room. :)

jonboy
07-30-2002, 06:14 PM
I now have 30 of them. I only have 2 commtech ones and 28 from the fan club. I would still like more though. Off of the subject a little, I am up to 64 Battle Droids from the various lines. The arena battle awaits.....

Darth Evil
07-31-2002, 02:02 PM
Darth Sidious, I've the same number of Stormtroopers as you, one of the first from the POTF2 line. He's so lonely, all he has as company is a Death Star Gunner...if only he had some Commtech Stormies he could hang out with...

Darth Marra 54
08-15-2002, 05:09 PM
One commtech and one set of four from the fan club

Darth Vellner
08-19-2002, 01:24 AM
Two Commtech and one fan club set = 6 total

ACPin
08-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Let's see what you've got by showing them off at this thread! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13625)

Hellboy
08-19-2002, 06:34 PM
Wow some of you guys are serious army builders. I have 5 myself but I'll aquire more once I start building some dioramas with Stormtroopers in them. :)

Adam
08-20-2002, 03:30 AM
One! And I got him at a toy show a couple of months ago,

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-31-2002, 01:34 AM
One

After years of lamenting, I now can say that I own one of these.

I picked him up today in a trade thanks to robertmrowkajr. Now the only POTF2 figures that I really desire that I haven't gotten yet are Wuher (I might get him in a trade) Motti and R2 w/ Holo Leia (I might find him soon. And pigs may fly out of my butt)

Darth Evil
09-03-2002, 01:24 PM
I now have four, I got the Army Builder Four-Pack in the post yesterday. Very nice they are.

Old Fossil
09-17-2002, 08:08 AM
Eleven. Most from the $1.97 TRU sale, a couple at retail from Wal-Mart. They wander a shelf among my TIE Fighter, Bomber, and Vader's TIE.

Lewis
10-29-2002, 08:25 AM
A grand total of an astonishing.....1 :p

Lewis
11-08-2002, 08:48 AM
Whooooa i can now make it 5 stormtroopers....just got the builder pack :p

underdog25
11-21-2002, 11:33 AM
I want to say that I have 3 full cases of them. I believe that is 36 in the package. I have 24 loose. I hate the long rifle and need more small blasters. Does anyone know where I can buy them loose? Repro is fine with me. I don't have the space to set them up properly so they are all packed up for now. One day they will see the light of day and make a grand scene. I got them at TRU. There were 2 big white bins, 1 end cap and tons in the aisle. I bought as many as my pocket could afford that day and haven't seen ANY on the shelf since! And speaking of Battle Droids, I have a pretty nice display to do once I get the space. I have one Battalion of Battle Droids and they are broken down into platoons. There are 38 battle droids of all the Ep 1 variations, 6 destroyers, 1 Fed. tank and 2 scout tanks. All of these totals are times 4! I am missing 5 oom-9's and 7 staps. That is what I am in need of to round out the scene. This is still boxed up too. I am going to open it up and display once I get the room. Yes, I am going to open all 4 of the Federation Battle Tanks even though they are worth big $ in the box. I want to play with them.