PDA

View Full Version : Nothern VA finds

Fixer
08-28-2001, 10:52 AM
Ever get the feeling Nothern VA is the Bermuda Triangle of Star Wars collecting?

I thought I'd resurrect this thread, even though I've not found anything since the Ketwol wave a month or so ago. I've hit three Targets regularly, and still no B-Wing (though one had the army builder case).

Anyway - post your lack of finds here!

jobare1
08-28-2001, 11:22 PM
Fixer, which Targets have you hit? Have you tried the one near Potomac Mills? The last 4 times I've been there over the last two weeks there has always been at least one lying there. Yesterday evening there was 3. Sorry for not posting this earlier, but I figured everyone had given up on N. VA. Hope this helps.

TheBigSloppy
08-30-2001, 06:11 PM
I haven't found much either. Although I recently got the B-Wing thanks to Darth Millhouse. KUDOS to him!

Went to Rhode Island for five days (returned yesterday) and found quite a few POTJ figures. Kaybee had the Dagobah Vader wave for $2.99 - CHECK YOUR LOCAL STORES! Jek Porkins wave (.0100), Aurra Sing (.0400) and the Ketwol wave were also in abundance.

jobare1
08-30-2001, 08:41 PM
Hey Sloppy, glad to hear from ya. Stopped by the Potomac Mills TRU this afternoon and found all three of the new 12" figs. They had 2 of each and still do since I didn't get any. Not really into the 12". The figs do look nice, though. Fixer, if you haven't found one yet, I stopped by the P.M. Target this afternoon and they have 4 B-Wings. Still nothing on the Shmi wave, although I've seen a few reports of them being found in MD. Keeping an eye out for the Tie Interceptor, can't wait to get this one.

Fixer
09-01-2001, 11:00 AM
Hey jobare1 , thanks for the tip - I lucked out finally at the new Target in Fair Lakes. If anyone needs any Calamari Officers, Gungan Warriors or Coruscant Guards, or K3PO, they got a bunch. And still one B-wing left. As of Friday 8/31 that is.

I'm just going to have to bite the bullet I guess and go down to Potomac Mills once in a while - I've missed the new 12" twice this week - only DS droids left both times.

Good luck out there...:D

TheBigSloppy
09-01-2001, 10:37 PM
The TIE INTERCEPTOR is in the his hills!!!

The TRU off I-95 next to the Springfield Mall HAD three on the shelves!!! Another person and I bought one each. . .which means. . .ONE REMAINS as of 6 p.m., Saturday evening.

RUN RUN RUN. They are here! $29.99 a pop. SKU on the bar code is 76930 32457. And how they got to Virginia so fast is beyond my comprehension?

I wish this thing had the Electronic FX - it would then be one of the coolest vehicles ever released.

Oh yeah. They also have all six of the palm talkers. I was expecting a little more from them. They look like cheap pieces of plastic - the Vader and Boba Fett were probably the best detailed. I did not get any of these. . .my gold-colored, windup/walking, Japanime Darth Maul is better than these thingies.

GOOD LUCK!!! And, as always, happy collecting!!!

jobare1
09-01-2001, 10:37 PM
Fixer, no problem on the help, anytime. Glad to see you found one. I was at that same Target around 7:30 yesterday evening and there was two on the shelf. Must have just missed you. Congrats also to Sloppy on finding the Tie. It figures, I took a trip up to the Springfield TRU today around noon and didn't see anything except for the army builder case. I guess timing is everything. At least I know they're finially showing up.

TheBigSloppy
09-01-2001, 10:50 PM
In the event that I do go to TRU again and they do have the TIE, would you like me to get you one?

FYI
The chance of me going to TRU now is pretty slim considering that I am now completely caught up - however, I do have a little girl and she loves toys as much as I do. Soooooooooo, we go there more often than your Average Joe. . . . . . . . .well, you get the idea.

TheBigSloppy
09-01-2001, 11:00 PM
Stevenmh reports this:

The TRU in Lynchburg, VA got in a batch last night and had them on the shelf this morning (presumably Saturday).

jobare1
09-01-2001, 11:00 PM
I would be forever in your debt. I'm gonna check the Potomac Mills and maybe the Fredericksburg TRU's tomorrow. But if you do come across one I'd greatly appreciate it. On a side note, I forgot to mention in my previous post that I stopped by the PM Target late last night and found the remains of the Shmi wave. Of course both Shmi and Obi Wan were nowhere to be found. Have you run across these yet or do you still need them? If not I'll be sure and pick up a couple extra for ya. Thanks again.

TheBigSloppy
09-01-2001, 11:05 PM
So it seems that I am not "completely caught up." I, in fact, do need the Shmi wave. I hadn't realized that this wave was even released yet. My bad.

If you would be so kind and get me one of each - I, too, would be forever indebted to you.

Fixer
09-02-2001, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by TheBigSloppy
The TIE INTERCEPTOR is in the his hills!!!

The TRU off I-95 next to the Springfield Mall HAD three on the shelves!!! Another person and I bought one each. . .which means. . .ONE REMAINS as of 6 p.m., Saturday evening.

Well &*@#$@#!!!

I work about 500 yards from that crappy TRU and check at least 3 times a week. So what do they do? Put stuff out over the weekend!! Oh well, maybe there will still be one there on Tuesday. And now the Shmi wave? Aaah! No rest for the collector...

jobare1
09-02-2001, 06:34 PM
Lucked out today and picked up the last one on the shelf at the Fredericksburg store. Thanks for the offer Sloppy, I really appreciate it. I really wasn't expecting to find one this soon. Took a roadtrip today that started at Potomac Mills TRU. Nothing new there except for the remains of the Ketwol wave. Then went to Target which still had 3 B-Wings, but no Shmi or ObiWan. Then went down to Fredericksburg and scored the Tie at the TRU. The Target there had 2+ cases of the army builder wave. Counted 10 Coruscant Guards. Then off to Manassas TRU and Target which both had the remains of the builder cases. I guess all I need now is Shmi & ObiWan. That's until the Luke X-Wing wave arrives.

Fixer
09-05-2001, 07:01 PM
Surprise, surprise, I actually found something realtively early! Shmi and Training Gear Obi-Wan were at the Burke Target (until I bought the two they had). Stay on Target!

Not bad figures - Shmi needs to spend some time in the sun, though.

jobare1
09-05-2001, 07:27 PM
Congrats Fixer on finding Shmi & ObiWan. I also picked up an ObiWan today at the Potomac Mills Target. It was the only one left (sorry Sloppy), Shmi was absent. I'm glad I got at least one new fig. They also had three B-Wings. Left there and went just down the road to the TRU to see if they had gotten any Interceptors yet and found a sealed case of them sitting on the floor next to the figs. Kinda suprised me since this TRU hasn't been real great about getting newer releases.

TheBigSloppy
09-06-2001, 11:36 AM
Bummer. But thanks for thinking of me.

I haven't gone on a POTJ run since I found the TIE Interceptor - so you guys have the edge on me (not that this is a competition). You lucky dogs. . .

Thanks again

jobare1
09-06-2001, 10:38 PM
Hey, no problem and I will continue to keep you in mind if I run across anything new. I stopped by the Pot. Mills Target on my way home from work this evening but they hadn't put anything new out. Still had a couple of B-Wings. Looks like these things, at least at this store, are becoming "shelf warmers".

jobare1
09-14-2001, 09:06 PM
Just wanted to make sure that everyone is ok with the recent events in our area. Words simply cannot express the wide range of feelings that I have been having since that tragic day. I haven't really felt like looking for anything and don't expect too anytime soon. I just wanted to make sure that everyone was safe and would ask that we continue to pray for all those that have lost friends and loved ones.

Fixer
10-04-2001, 09:27 PM
Hope everyone's alright also. Not much going on here. Anyone find the X-Wing Luke wave?

jobare1
10-04-2001, 09:58 PM
My computer has been down for almost a week and just got it back a couple of days ago (reason for my lack of posting). Anyways, I found the Luke wave about a week ago at Pot. Mills Target. Picked up the last one of each. (sorry Sloppy). The very next day I went to the TRU around the corner and just about passed out. As I went by the EPI figs, something caught my eye. I turned and looked and it was a Yoda w/ the "Episode I" on the card. Then I came across a Holo Sidious and a Naboo Royal Guard. Not a big deal to most people, but it's the first time I've seen these. I went back the next day and found another Sidious and Guard. Kinda strange to find these since they were put on clearance almost 11 months ago. Anyways, I'm all caught up on the POTJ figs for now, so if I run across any new ones I'll keep you and Sloppy in mind.

jobare1
10-06-2001, 05:30 PM
In case someone hasn't come across this yet, as of about 4pm the Potomac Mills store had 4 sitting out.

jobare1
10-15-2001, 08:05 PM
In case you haven't gotten these already, Potomac Mills Target put out 2 cases of the Emperor's Wrath Vader wave sometime this afternoon. Hope this helps.

Fixer
10-19-2001, 12:58 PM
If anyone's interested, Springfield Kmart has Luke X-Wing wave.

jobare1
10-19-2001, 09:43 PM
Any word on when these are coming out? Read a couple of reports of people finding them out west, but don't know if there is any truth to them. Had surgery on my elbow this past Wednesday and I'm under strict orders not to drive until at least next weekend. So unfortunately I can't do any shopping for a while. I would like to hear about any new finds though. Thanks..

Fixer
10-20-2001, 11:31 PM
From what I've heard, Deluxe first wave (Luke/Maul) will be hitting beginning of next month. Which means we'll see them in a month after that :rolleyes: . Actually, since this is a new item, we may see them earlier in the cycle than usual.

Found a bunch of Shmi/Training Obi out in Manassass (Target, Walmart, Kmart) if anyone needs 'em. Lots of Ketwol wave too.

Fixer
10-27-2001, 09:15 PM
1 Luke Speederbike @ Fair Lakes Target.

jobare1
11-20-2001, 08:55 PM
Found 3 ea. of Bacta Luke & Shirtless Maul at the Potomac Mills TRU.

TheBigSloppy
11-22-2001, 03:21 AM
Found X-Wing Luke, Vader and Escape Han at Alexandria Target last weekend - still need Shmi and Obi Wan wave. Bought Deluxe DM and Luke today at TRU in Marlow Heights, MD. They had both 0100 and 0500 DM variations, only 0400 Luke variation. . .also had one TIE Interceptor.

jobare1
11-24-2001, 02:25 PM
Hey Sloppy, it's good to hear from you again. I was beginning to wonder if you'd gotten out of collecting. After reading your post about needing the Shmi wave I took a trip Friday evening over to Pot. Mills Target (which usually has 4-6 of each of those figs) and they were completely wiped out. I think all they had were 3 figs left. I'll keep an eye out for those two the next time I go out. As of last night, Pot. Mills TRU still had two Deluxe DM's if anyone is still looking for one.

TheBigSloppy
11-26-2001, 01:13 AM
Haven't been posting lately, just reading the threads.

Many (I mean many) Emperors Wrath Vaders, X-Wing Lukes and new Hans on the pegs at said Alexandria Target tonight. Tons of Gungan Warriors, Coruscant Guards.

Had one Sandtrooper - I couldn't refuse. He is mine. . .

Fixer
11-26-2001, 02:12 PM
Hope everyone had a good Turkey Day.

Diaper Luke/Shirtless Maul at Springfield TRU & EBX Fair Oaks Mall.

I've seen Obi/Shmi around several places the past few weeks, but I can't remember exactly now. You may want to try the Burke Target, or any nearby Wal-Marts. I'll post if I see 'em again.

Caught up for now, until Amanaman or FX-7 waves

jobare1
11-26-2001, 09:44 PM
Hey Sloppy, I stopped by the Potomac Mills Target again on my way home from work and they had 6 Shmis and 4 ObiWans. Wasn't sure if you had gotten them yet so I left them there. (Sorry). Hope this helps.

TheBigSloppy
11-28-2001, 03:25 PM
the FX-7 wave yesterday! Awesome! You can read my review in the Power of the Jedi section.

Shmi and Obi Wan wave are on the way. Should arrive in mail any day now!

Pellaeon
11-28-2001, 04:53 PM
What store chain did you get them at? WalMart, Target, TRU?

TheBigSloppy
11-28-2001, 05:16 PM
Toyzz.com (out of Boston)

TheBigSloppy
11-30-2001, 10:53 PM
Alexandria Target had two Shmis and one Obi Wan. Shmi looks awfully young to be a mother. I guess they started at an early age on Tatooine. . .

Now I am set until the final two POTJ figs come out!

jobare1
12-04-2001, 08:31 PM
Stopped by Potomac Mills Target this evening on my way home and found this wave, much to my suprise. Picked up an extra Lando and R2-Q5. They still had two of each figure and 3 each of Jar Jar and Tessek as of 6pm.

Fixer
12-15-2001, 03:06 PM
In case anyone's interested, the new Luke & Yoda two pack is at the Springfield Wal-Mart. The face deco on Yoda really is crappy. Plus, would it kill them to put in a few accessories? I'm passing, for now.

jobare1
12-17-2001, 09:54 PM
Picked these up this morning at the WalMart next to Potomac Mills Mall. All of the figures look great, but FX-7 stands above the rest. Caught up till the area gets wave 2 Delux. figs. Pot. Mills TRU had 2 Tie Interceptors left in case anyone still needs it.

jobare1
12-18-2001, 09:18 PM
Fixer and Sloppy, in case you two need extra(s) of these, Potomac Mills TRU had 5 of them as of 8pm this evening. Also had plenty of the other 3 from this wave.

TheBigSloppy
12-18-2001, 09:42 PM
. . .is a little too far of a drive for me. So I guess I'll be out of luck again.

jobare1
12-18-2001, 09:49 PM
I can try to get him for you tomorrow if you'd like. The soonest I can get up there is around 12:45 or so (lunch break). Hopefully they'll still be there. Just let me know how many you'd like and I'll see what I can do.

TheBigSloppy
12-18-2001, 10:00 PM
If you have the time - that would much appreciated. I could go for two if they had him. We can coordinate payment/pickup arrangements at a later date.

Drop me an email if you want:

todd.lindeman@verizon.net

I AM NOW ON MY WAY TO SEE THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING OF LOTR!!!!!!!!!!

talk to you later. . .

jobare1
12-18-2001, 10:12 PM
I'll stop by there tomorrow during lunch. I'll let you know the results tomorrow evening when I get home.

jobare1
12-19-2001, 10:46 PM
Found at least 3 cases of these at the Woodbridge KMart this evening. Kind of suprising considering that the toy dept looks like a freak'n train wreck. That's just not during the holiday season either. Anyways, stopped by the Dale City KMart and found at least one case there too. Hope this helps.

Fixer
01-23-2002, 09:32 PM
Hey all, thought I'd resurrect this thread to let you know that I found the 25th anniversary Han & Chewie and Luke & Leia at the Burke Target. Passed on the L&L 'cause Luke had a bad paint job. Still no sign of the FX-7 wave in the area, so I gave up and ordered them from the fan club.

Anyone else have any luck lately. Anybody... anybody...

TheBigSloppy
01-25-2002, 11:18 AM
25th anniversary sets as far as the eye can see at Target: Luke and Leia/ Han and Chewie. Also has a ton of POTJ figs - but none from the FX-7 and Zutton waves.

Fixer
02-08-2002, 02:18 PM
25th Luke/Leia and Han/Chewie at Springfield TRU. And....the best news....wait for it...............4, count'em 4 pegs full of Darth Maul: Jedi Duel!!! Finally, just what I've been waiting for!!!!!!!!!! :dead:

TheBigSloppy
02-08-2002, 02:53 PM
25th anniversary Obi Wan and DV two-pack found at Alexandria Target.

Still have not found the Zutton wave. Other than those two, I am all caught up. . .

Fixer
02-18-2002, 07:12 AM
Finally found a single Zutton at the Manassass Walmart. They also had 12" Death Star Troopers and Death Star Droids for $9.00. No sign of Eeth or the FX-7 wave.

Fixer
02-18-2002, 01:05 PM
Found Eeth and more Zutton at Fair Lakes WalMart. Still three there of each as of 12:30 today.

jobare1
02-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Fairlakes TRU had about 3 of each from that wave if anyone still needs them.

TheBigSloppy
02-24-2002, 12:27 AM
Hey guys,

Are there any collectors/comics shops in the Northern Va./Maryland area that have a good selection of POTF2 figs??? I have the day to my lonesome and would like to head out on a hunting mission on Sunday.

The D.C. Yellow Pages lists diddly squat.

Thanks.

-t

P.S. Jobare, good to see you back on the boards. Been busy or what? By the way, would you still happen to have the Yoda w/ EPI logo? I'd pay cash or trade. . .if you are willing.

jobare1
02-24-2002, 10:18 PM
Thanks for welcoming me back. Things have been a little hectic lately. I've had two family members in and out of the hospital. Switched over to a new provider and was without internet access for a little over a week. Then my computer took a dump so I ended up getting a new one. Anyways, I'm fairly certain that I still have the "Episode I" Yoda, I just have to remember where I put him. I'll check and let you know later tonight or tomorrow.

As for a report, Potomac Mills TRU had the FX-7 wave today. There were at least two of each. They also had 3 full pegs of the Celeb Simpsons if anyone is interested.

jobare1
03-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Sorry for taking so long, but I finally found that "Episode I" Yoda you're looking for. With my work schedule I have no clue as to when we can meet again, but consider it yours.

As for the area report. Pot. Mills Target seems to have gotten stuck on the Shmi wave and hasn't gotten anything new since then, except for about 10 Deluxe Leias. TRU, right around the corner, has a few K-3PO's, Bespin Grds and quite a few 25th Anniv. sets. No sign of the AT-ST yet. And PM WalMart has about 6 or 8 pegs that are stuffed with Saesees, K-3POs, but nothing new.

TheBigSloppy
03-06-2002, 11:00 AM
I hear ya about being busy. If you want, I can drop some money in the mail. Name your price.

Email me if you are willing to do it this way.

todd.lindeman@verizon.net

thanks again,

-t

Fixer
03-06-2002, 01:06 PM
Found remains of the FX-7 wave at Springfield TRU - still two Imp officers, one FX-7 and one Travel Decoy left as of 1:00 PM today.

jobare1
03-08-2002, 09:09 PM
Found all 4 Preview figs at the Potomac Mills Wal-Mart on my way home from work this evening. I'm still in a state of disbelief. I never expected to find them this early, but from all the other posts, looks like today was the day.

BTW, hey Fixer, has the TRU in Springfield changed locations?

Sloppy, mail coming your way.

TheBigSloppy
03-12-2002, 11:56 PM
John. Thanks again!

BTW. Found the Zutton wave at TRU in Alexandria. They also had a bunch of FX-7 wave. Did not see the AT-ST as an earlier post suggested. I was there about the time the person said they saw it.

DRATS!!!

TheBigSloppy
03-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Got one AT-ST this morning! Awesome, I love the packaging - although not too impressed with the Ewok. I think Hasbro did a better job on Teebo.

BTW, still a ton of FX-7 and Zutton waves.

TheBigSloppy
03-13-2002, 01:41 PM
They are $29.99 ea.

Fixer
03-13-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by jobare1

BTW, hey Fixer, has the TRU in Springfield changed locations?

Yeah, it's next to the Walmart on the Franconia Parkway.

Still no sign of the Preview figs or AT-ST in Springfield, but the Walmart had about 4 R2-Q5s that popped up out of nowhere.

TheBigSloppy
03-13-2002, 06:23 PM
Fix

Was at that TRU over the weekend and they had squat. I think they only had one figure. New store, same old story.

FYI: It is located on Kingstowne Blvd.

jobare1
03-13-2002, 07:16 PM
You're welcome Todd and thank you for hooking me up. I also checked out that TRU after meeting with you on Sunday. I agree with you. New store, same results. Congrats on finding the AT-ST. Was it at the same Alex. store?

Stopped by Pot. Mills WalMart during lunch today. All the preview figs are gone and all that's left are Bespin Gds, K-3POs and some Shmis. TRU, around the corner, had nothing new either.

TheBigSloppy
03-13-2002, 08:21 PM
Twas the Alexandria store on King St., or Route 7 exit on 395. They had one left which was being held for someone. You should call to see if they still have it; you can claim that you were the person who originally called and that you are coming in to get it.

Just a sleezy thing to do. . .though I was perty tempted.

I will keep an eye out for you and get you one. I personally want to get at least one or two more of these.

jobare1
03-13-2002, 08:38 PM
It sure is tempting, but I can wait for this one. Starting to save up for the April Madness when the EPII figs come out. I'll also keep an eye out for an extra one (or two) for you.

Fixer
03-14-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by TheBigSloppy
Fix

Was at that TRU over the weekend and they had squat. I think they only had one figure. New store, same old story.

FYI: It is located on Kingstowne Blvd.

Yep, that store is godawful. Of course, it's the one I can check every day, so the dissapointment never ends! There is a brand new Target at the Springfield Mall, so hopefully that will improve my hit rate.

And yes the Fairfax County Parkway becomes the Franconia-Springfield Parkway which becomes Kingstowne Blvd. The confusement never ends!

How's the deco on the AT-ST? H-bro is real iffy on those "realistic simulated dirt" paint ops.

jobare1
03-14-2002, 08:45 PM
Hit the Potomac Mills TRU today at lunch and found the AT-ST. Wasn't planning on getting it, but they only had one so I figured I'd grab it. Guess I'm gonna have to order the Bo Shek wave. Still haven't heard of anyone in the area finding them yet.

Fixer
03-15-2002, 08:10 PM
Well it took 11 stops today, but I finally found the preview figures (at stops 10 and 11, naturally.) Fair Lakes TRU and Target had them. There's one Jango left at Target (I took the one at TRU). Zams, Clone Troopers (but not too many) and R3's at both. Nothing else (BoShek or AT-STs).

jobare1
03-17-2002, 05:08 PM
Found them at Pot. Mills WalMart this afternoon. I guess the POTJ collection is now complete. Hey Fixer, stopped off at the Pot. Mills TRU and they had 3 AT-ST's there if you still need one.

TheBigSloppy
03-19-2002, 11:09 PM
Went to TRU in Alexandria (Route 7) tonight. They had three beat up AT-STs (boxes and plastic facing are dented) and all the sneak preview figures. They too were in truly raggedy shape. Nearly all the blisters were smashed and the cards were bent - seems that they may have been crushed during transit or loading.

Was able to find a Clone Trooper in excellent shape, as well as an R3-T7. Still need to get Jango and Zam.

Hope all is well out there.

-t

Rogue II
03-23-2002, 08:30 PM
I was at Tyson's Corner today. FAO Schwartz had the about 8 of each preview figure for $9.99. KB and FAO both had the Lego Jedi Starfigter.

I was also at the Toys R Us in Laurel, MD. They had 3 AT-ST/speederbikes.

I didn't see any of the Teebo wave or FX-7 wave.

TheBigSloppy
03-23-2002, 10:01 PM
A ton of the FX-7 wave at KB Toys in Pentagon City today. Three or four pegs worth. . .

jobare1
03-23-2002, 10:10 PM
Saw 2 cases of them, along with at least a pallet and a half of AOTC Legos, at the Potomac Mills WalMart. The bad news is that when I got there they were plastic wrapping the pallets and moving them to the back. If I'd gotten there 15 minutes earlier I could have grabbed a couple. The thing that made me notice them was the red lettering on the box saying not to be put out any earlier than April 23. Pot. Mills TRU still hasn't put and preview figs out so I keep checking daily. Sloppy, you still need Jango and Zam? I'll keep and eye out for ya.

TheBigSloppy
03-23-2002, 10:55 PM
The only one I need is Jango. My mother, who lives in Rhode Island, keeps an eye out for me and picked up a Zam. Still haven't seen the preview figs in any place but the one TRU in Alexandria.

I am all set on the AT-Sts!

jobare1
03-24-2002, 08:35 PM
No problem, I'll keep an eye open for one. I stopped by the Pot. Mills TRU late this afternoon and found 14 AT-STs, but no new figures. Both Target and WalMart around the corner had nothing new.

jobare1
03-25-2002, 08:22 PM
I picked up your Jango this evening. The Dale City KMart had just put out 2 cases of the preview figs. I picked up an extra Jango for myself, but there were plenty of each figure when I left.

jobare1
03-30-2002, 09:26 PM
Stopped by the Pot. Mills TRU where they just put out at least 3 or 4 cases of preview figs. Haven't seen that many Jangos in one place before. Still haven't seen any AOTC (non-preview) figs yet. Anyone else finding anything?

jobare1
04-02-2002, 09:03 PM
Potomac Mills TRU had 4 of them sitting on a small table in front of the customer service counter. Only bad thing was that they're selling for $24.99. Decided to pick one up anyway. Still no AOTC figs.

TheBigSloppy
04-02-2002, 10:24 PM
Hey JB,
Found the Starfighter at WalMart in Maryland off Route 5. They are selling for $19 and change. I done picked me up one of these thangs. . .

I really don't care for the package design. Feels very cheap. I just have a bad feeling about Episode II. I hope I am proven wrong.

Hope all is well.

-t

Major Karr
04-03-2002, 04:51 PM
I just posted in Just Found in Maryland info on new AOTC figs found at the WM in Germantown.

jobare1
04-03-2002, 08:22 PM
Stopped off at the Potomac Mills WalMart on my way home from work and was on my way to the fishing dept and was stunned to find an end cap with 5 shelves FULL of the new figs. I picked up one of each from both coll. 1 & 2 (14 total) and an extra of both Kit Fisto and Shaak Ti. Guess this will cut down my shopping list for midnight madness. This is a 24 hour WalMart so if anyone is looking for these, go get 'em.

Thanks for the post Major Karr. If you're interested maybe we should combine our threads (DC/MD/VA) instead of jumping back and forth to check out who's found what in the area.

jobare1
04-04-2002, 07:41 PM
I went back up to the Pot. Mills WalMart today at lunch to get an extra Battle Droid and Plo Koon and noticed that they had restocked the shelves with at least 3 more cases of figs. So I picked up the two extras that I wanted and headed for the check-out. When the cashier scanned the package it came back as "Not For Sale" and she said that she couldn't sell them. I told her that I had just bought 14 of them last night and they rang up with no problem. So she manually entered some generic "toy" number and let me have them. The thing that gets me is if they aren't allowed to sell them and were taken out of the system sometime between last night and this morning, why do they continue to put out more and more cases? Guess the right hand doesn't know what the left one is doing.

Anyways, as for the area report, of course the Potomac Mills WalMart had a ton (at least 100-125) AOTC basic figs filling 5 shelves on an end-cap as of noon today. Don't know if they are going to pull these back off the shelves or not. The TRU around the corner had some of the preview figs (minus Jango) and approx. 5-6 AT-STs.