PDA

View Full Version : Homing beacon #56

Jargo
03-22-2002, 06:16 AM
I just recieved homing beacon #56 and was intrigued by the picture in the top left corner of some weird droid. This is obviously a significant droid or it wouldn't make the homing beacon. I reckon it might be the cook droid COO-2180. I'm not sure though.

it's certainly a weird looking tin man sort of thing whatever it is.

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 06:42 AM
That looks a little rough and tumble to be a cook droid. Armor plating? Grim visage? Looks like some kind of bodyguard droid or a predecessor to the IG-88 Phlutdroid series. Of course, that doesn't mean he's not a cook, NOW. Droids can be reprogrammed ya know. It'd also give him a bit of EU history. "Battle Droid turned cook..." That sounds like it might be kinda cool and fun.;)

So what else did the HB say? For some reason I get mine a week after everybody else when it's no longer 'news'...

Jargo
03-22-2002, 06:58 AM
Well on looking again i realise it isn't a droid at all but an alien wearing a face mask and breastplate of some sort. the top of the head is green skin and the background is geonosis. probably this is one of the guild members or something. It looked like a droid at first glance though and I agree that it doesn't seem like a cook droid as it's too fierce looking. So I'm sticking woth my guild member wearing protective face mask theory.

Homing beacon was a bit thin on news apart from an interview with Bonnie Piesse talking about how she got the part and is looking forward to the release of the movie. She was only 17 when she filmed beru apparently. That Owen must be a bit of a cradle snatcher then :eek: Norty, very Norty. Lucas has a thing about older men and younger birds. He needs help :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

Homing beacon was a bit thin on news apart from an interview with Bonnie Piesse talking about how she got the part and is looking forward to the release of the movie. She was only 17 when she filmed beru apparently. That Owen must be a bit of a cradle snatcher then :eek: Norty, very Norty. Lucas has a thing about older men and younger birds. He needs help :D

They always say the same things in those articles. You'll never see a Homing Beacon with an article about the trauma actor X endured while shooting a Star Wars film. Shame. I wonder how often it happens?

What about older women and younger boys? He does need help.

Lord Tenebrous
03-22-2002, 01:08 PM
Wat Tambor, Foreman of the Techno Union.

Jargo
03-22-2002, 01:14 PM
Is that a fact or an assumption Lordy? I guess the metal suit would match someone from the techno union but it's starting to look a little crowded in this seperatist meeting chamber don't you think? How many representatives are there now? Have we seen them all yet.

Dooku
Poggle the Lesser
Nute Gunray
Gilramos Libkath
Wat Tambor
Po Nudo
Toonbuck toora
???????????
???????????

Who else?

Lord Tenebrous
03-22-2002, 01:17 PM
The Episode-X report:

Notice the background of the pic. It's the Geonosis Conference room. So that limits it down.

We've seen pictures of Anakin Skywalker, Padme Amidala, Count Dooku, Poggle the Lesser, Nute Gunray, San Hill, Shu Mai, Gilramos Libkath, Po Nudo, Tikkes, Toonbuck Toora, and Passel Argente. The only one left would be Wat Tambor.

Jargo
03-22-2002, 01:26 PM
Maybe one of us should compile the pictures into a thread so we can see who's who and get it straight. I'm losing track of which one's san hill and which one's Po Nudo. Can't seem to remeber ever seeing a pic of Shu Mai before.......... ;)

Seriously though, with so many characters this time roumnd could we pool our resources picture wise and start up some kind of pictorial mugshot gallery of rogues, villains and heroes? I never bother going to the other sites archives, they take too long to load these days and I'm jumping sites out of frustration. Just thought a more intimate less ostentatios gallery here for ourselves might refresh a few memories and help out the guys who still haven't seen the pics. What do you reckon?

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 01:45 PM
Ahhh.. Shu Mai. Why wouldn't she be there? Luminara Unduli and Barriss Ofee are in the film. Why not her? And Seorgg the Hutt, too.:)

Lord Tenebrous
03-22-2002, 01:49 PM
Gilramos was distantly seen in the fourth shot of the Clone War trailer. I'm seeing if there's a better shot. I'm also seeing if one of the unnamed Aqualish senators from TPM is in fact Po Nudo.

But for starters:

Jargo
03-22-2002, 02:03 PM
Big poopy! I was labouring under the misapprehension that the pixie looking one was Po Nudo. Well there you go... who'da thunk it eh?

Cool pic though Lord T. That's exactly what I was talking about. I got a Gilramos Libkath pic here....

badtaste
03-22-2002, 04:52 PM
It's Wat Tambor

Jargo
03-22-2002, 08:38 PM
Jeez! These replies are getting almost monosyllabic! What happened to discussion and discourse? or even social intercourse and debate for the masses (I'm not touching that one with a barge pole... :eek: :D ) resulting in a pleasant read or thought provoking read? Now we get gruff replies like "It's Wat Tambor" Wow, I bet you got loads of friends interested in your stimulating and scintillating dialogues. I know I'd love to stay and chat with you guy but Ha y'know how it goes with that hair washing thing...... later grizzly dude. :crazed:

JEDIpartner
03-23-2002, 03:00 PM
Wat Tambor

I had no clue either...

Co Jo-Da
03-25-2002, 01:35 AM
COO-2180 just looks cool, to bad he's mainly a backgrounder...