PDA

View Full Version : Exclusives: Love 'em or Leave 'em

Casual George
03-22-2002, 10:32 AM
I know some of you have expressed your dislike of store exclusives. Looks like things won't get any better in the year to come. Check out these courtesy of Rebelscum.com:

Rebel Spy: Exclusively Yours
Mike: Besides all the cool toys we can expect for Episode II: Attack of the Clones, some nice retailer exclusives are also on tap for 2002. Here's a preliminary list from some of our trusted sources:

Toys R Us
32510 12" Episode II Mace Windu
Figure Gift Pack
R2-D2 (unknown at this time whether it is a 4" or 12" figure)
32512 25th Aniversary X-Wing Fighter with R2-D2
32511 25th Anniversary Landspeeder with Luke Skywalker

WalMart
32539 Cantina Alien Scene Assortment

32541 Kitik Keed'kak with Section A
32542 Greedo with Section B
32543 Ponda Baba with Section C
32544 Momaw Nadon with Section C

12" Max Rebo Band (October)

26486 Max Rebo and Organ
26487 Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool

Target
Figure and Accessory Sets

32533 Death Star Set with Trooper
32534 Jedi Arena Set with Battle Droid
32537 Hoth Invasion with Rebel Soldier
32538 Endor Patrol Set with Scout Trooper

A-Wing Fighter
Action Fleet (unknown which vehicles at this time)

Fan Club

26787 12" Plo Koon
32518 12" Ki-Adi Mundi
32519 Stormtrooper Troop Builder 4 Pack
Holiday Gift Set

*We've heard that the 12" Jedis will come with their own Jedi Council chair.

FAO Schwarz

32487 Shuttle Tyderium (September)

Kaybee

12" Clonetroopers (Red, Yellow, and Green)

K-Mart

Episode II Slave I with Jango Fett
Episode II Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan Kenobi

*Due to the K-Mart's recent restucturing, we've been told that these vehicles, which are the same as the regular issues but with figure pack-ins, may be picked up by Kaybee.

Celebration II

32528 X-Wing Pilot with Micromachine X-Wing Fighter (No, it's not Luke...)

Of course, this listing could drastically change given the usual circumstances surrounding advance lists and exclusives, so the usual caveat emptor applies and none of these have yet been officially confirmed. Also check out Adam May's Trade Federation for some more news regarding upcoming 2002 releases.We'll make sure to update you as we confirm and learn more!

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 11:08 AM
EXCLUSIVES:mad:SUCK.

I never got the Skiff or the Y-Wing. If I hadn't been on-line for a six hour window, I wouldn't have gotten a TIE Interceptor or Endor Vehicle asst. I never saw either of those in the store. By the grace of god, I found two B-Wings once, but that was the only time. FAO Schwarz? yeah. Let me run down to my local Davenport, IA FAO store. ooops. It's not there.

You guys see a list of cool new vehicles and figures? I see headaches and holes in my collection.

Screw you and your exclusives, Hasbro.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

evenflow
03-22-2002, 11:33 AM
They have their ups and downs, I will say that i love them.

Dryanta
03-22-2002, 11:35 AM
My head hurts just looking at that list.The troop builder sets are Target exclusives.Man oh man.I need to go lay down.Bad bad

Bosskman
03-22-2002, 11:36 AM
Exclusives don't bother me, for you see I live across the street from a mall that has FAO, KB, Target, and a Fan Club retail outlet. Whenever Hasbro releases exclusives, I just go across the street and put them all in one cart and BOOM collection complete. I'm almost bored with it really. Sometimes I have to hold off on them for a while, just to get me hyped up. What a magical place I live in.

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Maybe I need to move.
Do you need a roommate Bosskman?

IcebergSlim
03-22-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Bosskman
Exclusives don't bother me, for you see I live across the street from a mall that has FAO, KB, Target,

There aren't any of those stores in Canada...

billfremore
03-22-2002, 12:38 PM
Gotta go with IcebergSlim here.

Exclusives especially suck for those of us in outside the U.S.
Our situation is worse, in the U.S. you at least have a chance of seeing this stuff.
Our only chance is to go to the states or get gouged on e-bay.

So I gotta go with Rollo here too...

EXCLUSIVES:mad:SUCK!

icatch9
03-22-2002, 12:38 PM
Exclusives aren't that bad, if they make plenty for everyone. See, there is a Target, Wal-Mart, and KB almost everywhere in the US. You might not have one in your town, but you probally know where one is and can drive there. It does such for the Canadians, and other out of Country fans, but that's the breaks. FAO is another story. I think there are only about 50 of these in the world. Plus, most of them are in the big cities. Like NY, LA, and Chi. So that cuts most of the county out. Remember the Fambaa was an FAO exclusive. Some people may still not have that, but I know that FOA.com had this on thier site for the longest time. Chances are the Shuttle will be outragously priced, so we won't have to worry about them flying off the shelves. I mean a scalper can't afford to buy 6 of these at about $100.00 each (can they?). Anyway, for us Americans exclusives shouldn't be that much of a headach. Just go shop and thou shall find.

Happy hunting everyone. It's going to be on hell of a year, and a wild ride;)

billfremore
03-22-2002, 12:44 PM
I do see your point Icatch.

It is a fact of life and I do enjoy the hunting for stuff.

It just frustrates me sometimes because it seems all of the stuff I really want I can't find and when I do it's too expensive.

So for now and in the future please pardon my ranting and raving, I'll try to keep it to a minimum :)

pthfnder89
03-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Casual George
I know some of you have expressed you dislike of store exclusives. Looks like things won't get any better in the year to come. Check out these courtesey of Rebelscum.com:
WalMart

26486 Max Rebo and Organ

Fan Club

26787 12" Plo Koon
32518 12" Ki-Adi Mundi
Holiday Gift Set

*Due to the K-Mart's recent restucturing, we've been told that these vehicles, which are the same as the regular issues but with figure pack-ins, may be picked up by Kaybee.

12" Plo Koon!!!!!!! WheeEeeee!! :crazed: :crazed:
My favorite Jedi comes home in big figure form! Can't wait.

I'm also interested in the 12" Max Rebo Band. Usually I never buy the background type aliens, but just having the whole band set up on my Bookshelf in 12" form is an incredibly cool image.
:)

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Now that I've calmed down (No I haven't. Hasbro can take their exclusives and blow them out their...:eek: :mad: )

But this list intrigues me. Some of it I've already heard about. Some, like the 12" dollies, doesn't interest me. but some of it...

The TRU Figure Gift Pack? What, pray tell, is this exquisite little morsel?:)

Target's Figure and Accessory Sets? Hello. These sound like more than your run of the mill action figures...

Death Star Set with Trooper?
Jedi Arena Set with Battle Droid?
Hoth Invasion with Rebel Soldier?
Endor Patrol Set with Scout Trooper?

A-Wing Fighter? A rerelease?

Action Fleet (unknown which vehicles at this time)?

The Fan Club's Holiday Gift Set?

Can somebody enlighten me?:D

Jargo
03-22-2002, 03:22 PM
TRU gift set refers to the Mace Windu.

The accessory sets are supposedly a figure with a bunch of accessories. Need any more explanation?

Fanclub holiday gift set refers to the troop builder stormie 4-pack

A-wing fighter sounds iffy to me. Too many vehicles this year already. I'd seriously doubt that one.

action fleet is coming they showed the falcon and some other piece of crud at toyfair but I can't remember which vehicles were rumoured to be the actual deal. AOTC action fleet gets released sometime after some re-releases apparently.

I find it odd that rebelscum post a list like this stating that the shuttle will be a big FAO exclusive in september and then post a big article immediately afterwards with the head buyer for FAO where it gets stated that nothing is confirmed yet and they may or may not get the shuttle as an exclusive and it may or may not have a pack-in figure and it may or may not be released sometime in the fourth quarter of this year. There will be no waiting lists for an item that doesn't yet exist and people should go chill and stop being such big girls!

*actually he didn't say that last part *:D

mark2d2
03-22-2002, 03:37 PM
I'll move the Deathstar and Yavin to get my hands on those Walmart Cantina packs. Very cool.

As for FAO --- the official buyer did say that IF the Shuttle happens it'll be available online. So, I'm tired of everybody whining about this one. GET OVER IT! If you live in Europe, well, too bad. Frankly, I'd frigging KILL for the opportunity to move over there (legally) and not have easy access to the shuttle. Nothing is ever perfect folks! Just look at The Phantom Menace . . . :p

Dryanta
03-22-2002, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the info about the shuttle Jargo.I did'nt see the article.And that last post sure sounded like a first shot.;) LoL.
I had a feeling this thread might get interesting. If the shuttle is available online it does make it a little easier,but our friends in Europe still have grounds to be upset.
I live in Maine folks.There is one store in the biggest town over and it's a Walmart.Tru and the first Target in the state are both damn near eighty miles one way.
Now I'm not pretending to have it as bad as some in Europe or Canada but it's not really all that easy here(where I am )either.
Please don't get to upset over the complaints you hear.there's a huge level of frustration involved in this hooby.I like that these toys are being made,I just wish I was actually able to get them with out a massive effort and expense.I have all of them that I wanted and there are quite a few on the above mentioned list that I want.That's is why I gives me a headache.But at least I have walmart and I have as good a chance as the effort I put in to get the others.I'm not so sure our friends in Europe or Canada would say the same.I'm trying to keep a level head. :mad:

fourtwo
03-22-2002, 04:24 PM
more cool toys i'll never get cause i live in canada? oh boy!

not everyone drives and has large amounts ofm oney to drop on toys. our money is dirt compared to the states. duty is so high. for some of us it is not worth it at all.

i don't understand why we're left out of this. hasbro just doesn't like us or something

LTBasker
03-22-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Casual George
I know some of you have expressed your dislike of store exclusives. Looks like things won't get any better in the year to come. Check out these courtesey of Rebelscum.com:

Rebel Spy: Exclusively Yours
Mike: Besides all the cool toys we can expect for Episode II: Attack of the Clones, some nice retailer exclusives are also on tap for 2002. Here's a preliminary list from some of our trusted sources:

Toys R Us
32510 12" Episode II Mace Windu
Figure Gift Pack
R2-D2 (unknown at this time whether it is a 4" or 12" figure)
32512 25th Aniversary X-Wing Fighter with R2-D2
32511 25th Anniversary Landspeeder with Luke Skywalker

WalMart

32541 Kitik Keed'kak with Section A
32542 Greedo with Section B
32543 Ponda Baba with Section C
32544 Momaw Nadon with Section C

26486 Max Rebo and Organ

Target
Figure and Accessory Sets

32533 Death Star Set with Trooper
32534 Jedi Arena Set with Battle Droid
32537 Hoth Invasion with Rebel Soldier
32538 Endor Patrol Set with Scout Trooper

A-Wing Fighter
Action Fleet (unknown which vehicles at this time)

Fan Club

26787 12" Plo Koon
32518 12" Ki-Adi Mundi
Holiday Gift Set

FAO Schwarz

32487 Shuttle Tyderium (September)

Kaybee

12" Clonetroopers (Red, Yellow, and Green)

K-Mart

Episode II Slave I with Jango Fett
Episode II Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan Kenobi

Celebration II

32528 X-Wing Pilot with Micromachine X-Wing Fighter (No, it's not Luke...)

TRU's Exclusives: Mucho over-priced, Dewback and rehash TIE Interceptor anyone?

Wal-Mart's: Only good store for exclusives? The 12" Luke w/ Yoda is the only thing definitely showing up at my Wal-Marts, I guess they're FORCED to order them, and the price points aren't too bad, $30 TIE Bomber...

TARGET's: @#()*#()*&! WHY?!?!?! They don't frickin deserve them!!!!!!!

Fan Club's: Eh. the 12" are gonna be expensive, they'll probably push'em up to $10 more because they're the FC.

FAO's: According to RS's report from one of their "sources," the Shuttle will be EXTREMELY limited and be $100. :frus:

K-B's: Another $100+ 12" 3-pack?

K-Mart's: Why? They're shutting down a bunch of stores.

Celebration II: $30 at the FC, hoards of them for $100 on Ebay coming to you a week after!

This is so stupid, all these exclusives, NO ONE can afford this crap with all these exclusives! Most likely countless of them will be over-priced, impossible to find, and extremely scalperized. :Pirate: I hear about one more exclusive and I'm sending hoards of hate mail to Hasbro via snail mail so they HAVE TO pay attention.

Battle Droid
03-22-2002, 09:21 PM
Target's and TRU's are 100's of miles out of the way for me.

Exclusives suck, Hasbro SUCKS!

jedibear
03-24-2002, 01:08 AM
....the issue of exclusives, that is. My opinion hasn't changed all that much. There are things we've gotten that wouldn't have seen the light of day without them being exclusives, weather it's been great reissues of classic ships (the Skiff, B-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Interceptor), good repackagings of earlier reissues (the AT-ST/SpeederBike set, [any day now] the Hoth Snow Speeder & a new ship (the oft-delayed TIE Bomber....all of which would have sat on the shelves in normal store numbers.

The Action Collection has seen many great entries as exclusives...early classics like the Han/Tauntaun set or the Luke/Wampa set, the FAO sets, the BikerScout/SpeederBike set (one of the best looking sets in or out of the package) the Capt. Tarpals/Kaadu set (one of my personal favorites)....granted, a little steep on the prices when intially released, but in the case of the Target exclusives, patience was definately rewarded with clearance prices.

As the years have worn on, the availibility has gotten better (with the glaring exceptions of our friends to the north & our friends across the pond)....Hasbro & the retailers learned a bit from early availibility snafus like the Wal-Mart Cantina Band members (figures I NEVER saw in the store....here's hoping they do better with Jabba's band members later this year!!)

Something else not so fun of late have been the blatant repackages that feature only minor changes or new accessories (the tacky Endor Luke/SpeederBike set springs immediately to mind) that we've seen, almost like Hasbro's throwing an easy bone at the retailers (and us) to keep the concept of exclusives going (& there's more this year...like the rumored TRU 12" Luke/Tauntaun set coming in the fourth quarter....let's see, plop a new broken horned head on the Tauntaun, rehash the Hoth Luke outfit for the 3rd time & viola! Cheap n' easy exclusive!!) that cause a little bitterness with collectors (especially at Target...the total A**hole of the retailer world).

Grrr...exclusives!! Love 'em or hate 'em, they're a necessary evil. I hate trudging to the stores for them, but if it means a chance to get something cool like the forthcoming Jedi Council members and they're never being made. I'll take the trip.

LusiferSam
03-24-2002, 03:33 PM
Exclusives suck rocks. Its not bad on a movie year. But on a non movie year their hard for me to find. That and their over priced most of the time.