PDA

View Full Version : R2 holo Leia

187-Maul
03-22-2002, 10:38 AM
just a little question: Does the R2 has a glowing effect with his "eye" like the jawas, is the light only painted on or is it a little bubble without any effect (like POTJ naboo escape) ?

Starfig873
03-22-2002, 12:28 PM
I-I don't know....wanna know why? Cause I've locked that bugger away in a niiiice and tidy spot away...so he shall stay in his package for ever more. :stupid:

But I think he does actually...could be wrong, I haven't looked at it in awhile now.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-22-2002, 01:18 PM
he's got the "glowing effect" like the jawas.

:)

JEDIpartner
03-22-2002, 03:47 PM
and a few wonky mylar decals that start to curl up on his dome. Bad workmanship. The top of the light pipe also pops up over the top of his dome creating an unsettling bump on his head. The reason the light pipe is so different is that it also connects to the holo-emitter on his head. It causes the radar eye to be smaller and less accurate. I think this is a good figure, but not one of the great ones.

mark2d2
03-22-2002, 06:25 PM
It was the tiny blue Leia that did it for me on this one.

How cool was that?!

The first in the long line of interesting astro droid accessories . . .

Starfig873
03-22-2002, 07:59 PM
Heh heh, you have a good point Mark2d2. Now we need a little baggy of little blue Star Wars characters for endless holo fun. :p

JediTricks
03-23-2002, 02:07 AM
JP, the reason the top of the light-pipe sticks up out the top of the dome is related to why this figure didn't get mass-released: the dome was originally designed larger and fit the light-pipe at the top, but was out of scale with the rest of the figure. A few hundred to a few thousand of these were sent to the Official SW Fan Club before Hasbro realized they wanted to change the design to fix the dome problem. However, when word got out that the original-dome ones sold through the fan club in under a few hours, the mania over these went into high gear. I think Hasbro redesigned the dome but saw that they had inadvertantly caused a major collecting disaster by letting those few early ones get out and they had no more supplies to sell collectors, so they put a rush on the figure and never redesiged the light-pipe.

Jayspawn
03-23-2002, 10:14 AM
R2 w/ Holo Leia is the best R2 ever made! I have the early version and the correct version. And I OPENED one of them!!

187-Maul
03-23-2002, 10:26 AM
maybe got a comparison pic there, jayspawn ?

JediTricks
03-25-2002, 03:00 AM
On the light-piped main radar eye on the early version, does it stick out as far as it does on the later version?

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 01:32 PM
and the only redeeming feature is the little holo Leia. Oh, well... I still like it overall.