PDA

View Full Version : Celebration II X-Wing Pilot figure?

icatch9
03-22-2002, 12:46 PM
I read today in a forum that was courtesy of reblescum.com that the exclusive Celebration II figure was going to be an x wing pilot with a MM x-wing, but it's not luke. So who then. Would that make another Wedge? Or a rescult of Biggs. Sure these would be great, but are they really something that would put an exclamation point on the Celebration. Didn't McCullum say this was something we were going to want to open, and that it is brand new features on a toy. So what the hell could it be. Don't they have those three actors that were x wing pilots comeing to the celebration. I wounder if that has anything to do with it. I doubt it, but who the heck knows. What's your thoughts?

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 02:24 PM
It's a generic Pilot body with four interchangable heads.:D

Just kidding. I would really like to see Red Leader on a card.

Maybe they will have multiple Red Squadron figures and you get to pick which one you want....for free! (But the rest'll cost you)

Jargo
03-22-2002, 04:45 PM
I think the quote was that the figure would be innovative. So this means it's a carded Dack with open and shut eyes so you can have him standing and he's alive and then you tilt him backwards and his eyes shut and blood comes out of his mouth and he's dead.

That's not true of course. Hasbro's idea of innovative and ours are of course completely different. hasbro can make the fact that an AOTC battle droid can hold a gun into something that's "packed with exciting features!" so I wouldn't expect anything too exciting from the figure. :rolleyes:

Sith Vicious
03-22-2002, 06:16 PM
I don't think McCullum was the one that said it was something we would definitely want to open, but it did say that in the SW Insider magazine. I can't imagine any X-Wing pilot fitting that description. Sure it's kind of cool to put them in the X-Wings (The ones that can fit i.e. not Porkins), but I wouldn't say I'd feel any huge urge to open it. I still think the X-Wing rumor is way off.

GeneralKenobi
03-23-2002, 03:22 AM
If it is an X-wing pilot I hope it's a carded Wedge Antilles...I know he was in the Rebel Pilots Cinema Scene and he came with the carrying case but I think he is one figure that should be carded...he survived all 3 movies after all.

GeneralKenobi
03-23-2002, 03:25 AM
By the way, I'm pretty sure that Sansweet was the one who talked about the figure being one that collectors would want.

Mr Sci Fi
03-25-2002, 01:51 AM
a dead jek and biggs two pack. :)

icatch9
03-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Well if Sansweat said it, then it must be cool. He has everything, and he's the biggest Star Wars collector of all. So his word is gold. I guess we will see.

dr_evazan22
03-25-2002, 10:05 AM
I'm just throwing this out there... My prediction is that the figure will be a carded:

George Lucas!

We're all having some trouble trying to figure out what this exclusive will be, and why it would just be a resculpt of a fig already produced.

PS: The pack-in will be Rick McC.

icatch9
03-25-2002, 11:57 AM
Yea, would the Rick McCullum figure be on his knees with his lips puckered up, or just come with a comm-tech chip that has a bunch of curse words on it.

That would be great, but I don't think George would like himself fashioned as a figure. I don't know. Chances are it will be some sort of R2 D2 that rolls or moves forward when you talk to it or something. Who knows for sure. It probally will be a resculpt becasue this is the 25th anniversary of Star Wars, so they won't do some un-known character. They will do a main character that has been done to death and slap a 25th Anniversary sticker on it, and call it inovative. Oh well, I'll get one anyway.

evenflow
03-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Well whoever it's going to be, I hope that it will be available throught he fanclub so we dont have to go crazy to try and get it.

LTBasker
03-25-2002, 12:51 PM
The pilot: A new generic pilot with the mold from POTJ Luke and a little sharpie mark above the lips for a "mustache."
Why would every collector want this? Because so many cases of them will be sold over the back fence of Celebration II to local scalpers that the guests won't be able to get theirs and only 10 will show up for the Fan Club for upcoming SUPREME Memberships only at the highly reasonable price of $500, which the membership alone will cost just the pocket change wager of $1,000, just for the chance of getting an exclusive like this every once in a lifetime, to renew the membership it will cost $200 a month and you cannot cancel, ever.

SithDroid
03-25-2002, 04:08 PM
Wow, prices are going up that much?:crazed:

Sith Vicious
03-25-2002, 07:15 PM
My guess is that it's some kind of hovering droid or something that uses magnets .

dr_evazan22
03-25-2002, 09:24 PM
Well, actually icatch9, the new "exciting" features include multiple head sculpts (regular Rick, and ***-Licking Rick), plus some of the best articulation ever seen in a figure in the 3-3/4" size, that way Rick can stand tall or be kissing ***.

Mr Sci Fi
03-25-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
Well whoever it's going to be, I hope that it will be available throught he fanclub so we dont have to go crazy to try and get it.

Well then it would be an exclusive celebration two figure now would it? I wouldn't mind them giving/selling them to anyone who bought a pass for the show even if they didn't attend. I'm just tired of these companies saying exclusive to someone or something and then later on offering it through someone or somewhere else, I hate it especially when it's at a cheaper pricee too.

To tell you the truth I think it was a mistake that the fanclub offered the toy fair vader, it's not much of an exclusive peice now is it? And for people who cry about not having every figure for your set, if everything was easy you'd have nothing to strive for.

My real guess for the celeb2 is that it will be a windup r2 unit.

icatch9
03-26-2002, 09:37 AM
Mr Sci Fi, why shouldn't they offer it to everyone. It would be unfair to the majority of the collectors and Fans if they made an impossible figure. Which is what the Toy Fair Vader would have been. The only way to get into the toy fair was to be invited. I didn't get an invitation and I am sure many true fans and collectors didn't either. Since they are letting it be bought through the fan club it allows more people to get it. I think that is one thing that Hasbro does well. They make sure the majority of the fans have the oppertunity to get the stuff they make. This is not the case with other popular collectable toy lines (i.e Hot Wheels, The Simpsons, McFarlane). Some items may be harder to find for some individuals, but if you look for them you will find them. I am going to the Celebration, and I hope the new figure is cool, but I also hope that everyone will have a chance to get one. I am not in this for monitary gain, so what do I care if the figure costs $100.00 or $15.00 I'll still buy it and put it with the rest of my figures. It realy is to bad for those people who are paying $75.00-$100.00 for the 25th Anniversary Vader, but that was thier choice. Patience is a virtue, and in this case a money saveing one.

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 10:51 AM
Even if you had an invitation you wouldn't be able to get in, you would need a press pass also, so like if you were going to the Q&A with Hasbro then you'd have the pass to get one.

icatch9
03-26-2002, 11:19 AM
That is exaclty what I was getting at. The few people who were allowed one, probally had little interest in it as a collectable. So, why make a figure so rare. There is no reason. I am glad that the fan club is selling (going to sell) this figure.

dr_evazan22
03-26-2002, 11:48 AM
To tell you the truth I think it was a mistake that the fanclub offered the toy fair vader, it's not much of an exclusive peice now is it? And for people who cry about not having every figure for your set, if everything was easy you'd have nothing to strive for.
Originally posted by Mr Sci-Fi

That's a good point Mr SF, and one of the 2 reasons why I don't order all my fig's from the Net (the other reason being that most E-tailers sell at $8-10/fig).

evenflow
03-28-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Mr Sci Fi

Well then it would be an exclusive celebration two figure now would it? I wouldn't mind them giving/selling them to anyone who bought a pass for the show even if they didn't attend. I'm just tired of these companies saying exclusive to someone or something and then later on offering it through someone or somewhere else, I hate it especially when it's at a cheaper pricee too.

My real guess for the celeb2 is that it will be a windup r2 unit.

Well, since you are new here, I will explain myself. I am usually the person who always defends exclusives and short packs. I personally hate re-releasing a figure. But, there is a difference here. Even If a figure is short packed, it is available to the entire public. You just have to be lucky and find one. Exclusives are a good thing, but store exclusives. I was against the Toyfair Vader because only dealers could get them. It is almost the same for the Celebration figure. I can't take off work and school just to go to something even though i would love to. The figure should be made available because many people would love to go, but cant.

OC47150
03-28-2002, 01:27 PM
If WOTC is smart, they'd manufacture at least enough Convention figures to guarantee all attendees had the opportunity to get one. Whatever is left over Sunday night could be sold through the fan club. But I don't think that will be the case.

Hell, I'm just hoping they'll offer convention T-shirts in 2X!

You know, I admit, I was more than a little ticked that every time I saw where the fan club had the Toy Fair Vader for sale it sold out long before I knew about it. But, now that it's shipping and I'm reading reactions from people who are a little disappointed with it, it doesn't bother me so bad.