PDA

View Full Version : Help! Jedi Starfighter at local Walmart

jad
03-22-2002, 04:09 PM
Hey folks, I was hoping someone out there might have a possible solution for my current irritating deliema.

My wife has been calling around trying to find out when the Jedi Starfighter would be available at our local Walmart. Anyway, today she got in touch with the toy department manager and he said that they just got them in, but unfortunately they had a note which stated they wern't allowed to put them on sale until the 23rd of April.

It seems like this is happening to quite a few people at the Walmarts. My wife tried to explain that it was a sneak peek toy, but he wouldn't let her have one, again referring to his note which said they can't sell them until April 23rd.

As far as I know this is in fact supposed to be a sneek peek toy correct? Does anyone out there have any proof like a press release from hasbro I could show him, or any other suggestions? Just knowing that there at the store but he won't sell me one is driving me crazy, and I doubt any of our other lame stores in town will get it before April either. Please help, any suggestions will be most appreciated.

JEDIpartner
03-22-2002, 04:30 PM
Yestertoys has a bunch of them for only $2-3 USD more than the shelf price. Stop beating yourself in the head and order one. That's what I did and I received mine on Monday. It was a total deal. Many Wal*Mart managers are stating 04.23.2002, but many are getting them in. I am really doing my best to avoid the mileage and phone calls. Either wait until after the 23rd or get on-line. That is the best way to assure yourself of one of these.

InsaneJediGirl
03-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Or,If you dont want to take the YesterToys.com route(A very good store though),you can do what comes natural.Complain

Try 1-800-WALMART and ask or go to the WM website and e-mail
them.Someone up in the higher chain might know what is going
on in your area and then coperate offices will contact your WM,
eventually,contacting you :D

Hope this helps

LTBasker
03-22-2002, 06:45 PM
I think the whole "sneak preview" thing about the Jedi Starfighter was just rumors that we believed a little too much. First it was supposed to be a sneak peek of only 6000 for March which hit on the 9th, then the rest on April 23rd, then they were supposed to hit on the 15th, before the preview figures were initially supposed to hit, so quite possibly they were just that - rumors.

jad
03-22-2002, 08:27 PM
Yeah, but how do you explain the fact that they have them, and only the Jedi Starfighter in stock so early?

LTBasker
03-22-2002, 08:31 PM
Did you see all those boxed ones set up at ToyFair? It's most likely because they have them ready for shipping before anything else hence the "Do not put out until April 23rd" notes and someone probably just assumed they were to be offered for Sneak Preview because they found out the Starfighter were shipping or someone found out and then made up the rumor for laughs.

Starfig873
03-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Well whatever the case may be, I have mine setting on my computer right now. AND I just picked it up at a local Wal-Mart about an hour ago. So my guess is there are some Wal-Marts putting them out. So I suggest just keep looking, and you may luck out.

It's a nice vehicle. You'll be happy you did :)

jad
03-22-2002, 09:32 PM
*grin*
quit toturing me, I know it's gonna be an awsome ship, i'm extremely looking forward to it. But it's just frustrating knowing that it's there sitting in the back a whole ton of em, and I just can't buy it.

Starfig873
03-22-2002, 11:06 PM
Heh heh heh, yeah, I know what ya mean. :)

Xanatho
03-23-2002, 10:30 AM
I found them, at Wal*Mart last night, on aU-Boat. They were just chiilin there in some huge white box. They werent in a regular box like the rest of the toys. Whats that all about?

Starfig873
03-23-2002, 11:05 AM
It's the new packaging design for the Star Wars line.

JetsAndHeels
03-23-2002, 12:25 PM
I was lucky enough to find me one yesterday. I had been looking for it all week, and it finally paid off. I picked up 2 and there were still about 3 or 4 of them left, so they probably had just been put out.
That was the longest week of my life, between putting all those miles on my car and calling all the different stores. But it is worth it now.
So hang in there, Wal Mart is definately putting them out, just at different times, kind of like the preview figures.

Xanatho
03-23-2002, 12:39 PM
I'm talking about the box that the boxes of Star Fighters were in. They were in some big white tub looking thing buried underneath all these other toys in there brown shipping boxes. Usually Star Wars toys are sent, (like everything else) in brown shipping boxes, and not white containers... I was just wondering if this is an everywhere thing or just here?

LTBasker
03-23-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
So hang in there, Wal Mart is definately putting them out, just at different times, kind of like the preview figures.

No no no, they're leaking them out due to stock people not looking at the cases, same thing happened with E1 stuff. THe preview figures were supposed to come out on the 16th but due to early leaks were actually rumored to have been pushed back to today, but if you can't find the preview figs by now, then the release dates are nothin... *shrugs* The Jedi Fighter isn't supposed to be out till the 23rd which is obvious because of the note on the box and the packaging itself. It's all confusing ain't it?

Starfig873
03-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Yes, yes it is. :p

The white boxes your refering to, maybe they are just bargain bins or something? I've not seen anything like that here. So maybe just some random something or others your walmart has about.

yaddle yodas love pu
03-23-2002, 07:32 PM
I just got one a t WalMart in NJ yesterday. They are indeed out in some places. If your Walmart hasn't put one out I have this advice: WAIT. It will be out in full force in four short weeks. There's no doubt its a nice ship, but there's also no doubt that every major retail store will be overflowing with these in 4 short weeks. Wasting $$ on gas, phone calls and postage just ain't worth it. Also consider that if you buy it from an on-line store or ebay today, it'll probably take you about 2 weeks to get it shipped to you anyway. Is it worth the markup to get it 2 weeks early? No. Just wait.

Xanatho
03-23-2002, 09:15 PM
No, it was a sealed box. There were like 6 of the Starfighters in it. There were a bunch of cases of GI-Joes and stuff on top of the white box. It really stood out, so I made sure to check it. It had handles on the side, and I could see the blue box and Star Wars logo :)

jad
03-23-2002, 10:47 PM
Well I got in contact with 1-800-Walmart today. They said that it was a little odd that they ouldn't sell them. They didn't know for sure the exact release date, but the lady on the phone was extremely helpful and agreed that if they got the Jedi Starfighters in early that they should be selling them now. So she said she would have it explored, have my local Walmart contacted, and in a day or two she'll let me know what happened and if I can go pick up my Starfighter.

So we'll see what happens, to bad it's been so much trouble over this. I would just order it from Yesturtoys, but I really don't feel like paying the extra 6 dollars for shipping.

Of course this would have been much easier had the Toy department manager just been more reasonable when I explained the circumstances. Oh well, he's just doin his job.

dexter_finster
03-24-2002, 01:31 AM
I also just got a Jedi Starfighter at a WalMart in Rhinelander, WI...they're out there! :D

Dar' Argol
03-24-2002, 06:43 AM
OK, here's the inside info. The Jedi Starfighter that was a sneak peak and can be sold on or shelves is the LEGO Starfighter. The actual 3 3/4 Veihical is not to hit the shelves until April 23. We got a case in on Friday at my store(I work there) and it is plainly marked "Do Not Set On Floor Until Street Date Of April 23, 2001".

Originally posted by Xanatho
I'm talking about the box that the boxes of Star Fighters were in. They were in some big white tub looking thing buried underneath all these other toys in there brown shipping boxes. Usually Star Wars toys are sent, (like everything else) in brown shipping boxes, and not white containers... I was just wondering if this is an everywhere thing or just here?

It was big and plastic right? That is our "break pack" boxes. If a Cardboard shipping box has become damaged our warehouses will put the items in a break pack box. Or if there are a lot of small items. Pharmacy, Health a beauty, and Cosmetics usually receive their suff in these types of boxes. That's why you saw it on the floor. The receiving asscoiates most likely did not see the Satrfighters in the break pack box and that's why it got sent to the floor. Most receivers have no idea about SW so they would not know about any release dates. But for the record the Jedi Satrfighter does come in a brown box, and they are packed 2 to a box.

Hope this little bit of info helps . . . . . . somewhat:D

Xanatho
03-24-2002, 07:13 AM
That makes sense :)

logray4650
03-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Yes, we also got then in, in our store, yes Dar' Argol is right it is not a preview ship. It will come out no sooner than 4/23 unless you have people at a Wal-Mart that don't care. They come in 2 to a box and we only got one box in. But we got about 8 of the Jedi Starfighter lego set which have 4 to a box.

Ryan