PDA

View Full Version : Radio Free Walmart?

stillakid
03-22-2002, 05:05 PM
Re: in the news section

It was announced this morning on Wal-Mart radio that they will air AOTC trailer.

I am unsure as to what exactly which trailer but as soon as we know, it will be posted. The trailer will run from April 23rd to the end of May.

What is "Walmart Radio"? Where will these trailers run? In the audio/video department? Toys? Ladies lingerie?

Dryanta
03-22-2002, 05:20 PM
I think radio walmart is the music piped throught he PA system in the stores.I read somewhere in a thread last night that It will be shown on all the monitors hang from the ceilings of the stores.I went there today just to see where they are.Never really took note of where they were before.Three in the toy department alone.seating shouldn't be a problem :D

2-1B
03-22-2002, 09:56 PM
My local Wal-Mart has one monitor every 20 - 30 feet in the register area, and there are others located around the store too. They use it for doing in store promos and general advertising, I think I remember them pushing the TPM DVD with that system last fall.

That Wal-Mart radio can be a real nuisance, I used to go there in the morning and hear it. It's like an "open house party" to fire up the employees. :)

Dar' Argol
03-22-2002, 10:19 PM
The monitors in Wal-Marts variy from store to store. My store has one in toys, on in sporting goods, the entire TV wall in electronics, on in infants, chemicals, boys wear, and a few on the grocery side. They are used for company promos, and even Tech TV has spots on it. I did here from one of our managers that a SW trailer would be shown in conjunction with the release of the figs. I have no idea as to which trailer(probably the 4th trailer though).

The Wal-Mart Radio is a radio program that is owned and operated by WM. There is a morning show, it use to be hosted by Terry Berry but he retired and I don't know the new guys name, and mainly lame music during the early part of the day. At night the music gets a little better. The morning show has trivia questions associates can call in and answer, plus if there are announcements like, someone is retireing at store#***** in anyplace USA, or to report your inventory level to the rest of the company if it was really good. The music is kinda like what my grandmother listiens too, where I work I have a radio and tune in a classic rock station. I really hate the WM radio.

Just a little inside info :D

Lord Tenebrous
03-22-2002, 11:28 PM
It's going to be an advertizement using the material seen in all four trailers, with a blurb at the end about buying your Star Wars stuff at WalMart. I'm guessing that there will be an audio-only version, and a video version for the electronics section and anywhere else they have access for it.

I remember back during the first few weeks of TPM, just the sound of the Opening Theme is enough to get your attention sometimes. :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Last time I checked, radios still cost something at Wal-Mart. Ba ha ha ha ha! :rolleyes:

Really that is a good thing that the AOTC trailer will be played on Wal-Mart radio. That means it'll be one less country song that they will play! :p