View Full Version : Indy Jones?

InsaneJediGirl
03-22-2002, 06:57 PM
I havent been keep up with much news outside of SW,but is
Indiana Jones going to be re-released?It would be nice to
see it digitally remastered and back on the big screen :D

LTBasker
03-22-2002, 07:37 PM
I doubt them being released on the big screen, that would be quite cool though. I'd settle for a very Special Edition DVD set. :D

InsaneJediGirl
03-22-2002, 07:49 PM
A special DVD would be even better,then you could watch it whenever you wished as long as a DVD player was at hand.

:D

stillakid
03-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Spielberg's new no-guns policy means he would remove the famous Indy shoots the sword-wielding Arab scene. Does anyone really want to see that at home?

InsaneJediGirl
03-22-2002, 09:45 PM
Noooo!

I watched Indiana Jones this week on AMC.Just about everything was it in(from what I saw),so AMC didnt have to edit too much.

I didnt know SteveS had a No Guns policy now.Thats not a reason to take away good scenes from previous movies though.:mad:

LTBasker
03-23-2002, 06:45 AM
Nah, I'm sure he would keep them in the Indy movie, the reasons of the no guns editing in E.T. is he doesn't want to show off the FBI has people who chase kids with guns. :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-23-2002, 09:14 AM
If AMC has a movie on, it must be one of the Idianan Jones ones! My goodness! Every time I happened to click the channel over to that station, Indy was cutting the rope bridge. I was preparing to meet Kali... in [****]. But at least they were films I love, not some crap artsy cinema like Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, From Here to Eternity, or Annie Hall! :p

Rollo Tomassi
03-23-2002, 10:35 AM
My favorite Indy Jones scene is from Temple of Doom when he rescues Willy and she says 'Let's get out of here." and he says 'Right. All of us.' Then they start playing that kickass Temple of Doom Music and he's standing in shadow where that bad guy is beating the kid and the light slowly comes up on him. Then they reverse angles and you the one-two "meatslab" punches and the bad guy sails through the air. Awesome.:D

Speilberg is busting out E.T. on DVD and the Back to the Future Trilogy this Holiday season and Lucas is tossing us AOTC DVD, so my guess is they won't throw out so many big guns right next to each other. Indy won't come out 'til next summer or next Christmas. But they are working on it now, because G. Lu asked if Steve wanted to do a commentary track and Steve declined. But, maybe we'll get one from producer/story writer George? Or Harrison? As long as they take their time and do it nice like the TPM discs, I can wait.

LTBasker
03-23-2002, 02:38 PM
I'd rather the commentary be by Harrison cause c'mon, who would you rather have do the commentary? The guy behind the camera, or the guy who stapled a fedora to his head for a scene? ;)

JEDIpartner
03-23-2002, 03:05 PM
I thought they used high-grade double stick tape that ripped some of his hair and skin off! :eek:

Rollo Tomassi
03-23-2002, 03:32 PM
Nope, it was staples. The wind was blowing really hard and everybody was in a tizzy beacause they had about 30 people trying to figure out to keep his hat on and it was taking forever and they were losing light and Harrison got fed up and said "jeseus! Gimme that!" and grapped a set guy's stapler and pierced his skull and said "let's get this over with!" which shut everybody up (rightly so, it's not often the star mutilates himself in the name of efficiency) and they hurried up and shot the scene.

Harrison Ford ruled back in the day.

SithDroid
03-23-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Nah, I'm sure he would keep them in the Indy movie, the reasons of the no guns editing in E.T. is he doesn't want to show off the FBI has people who chase kids with guns. :rolleyes:

It's not the kids they were chasing, it was the Alien. Hey I'd have a gun too if I thought it was dangerous and could kill me. The logic in Spielbergs case doesn't make sense.

stillakid
03-23-2002, 06:57 PM
In the real world, if some alien escaped with the help of anybody, I wouldn't doubt for a second that they would stop at nothing, including taking those kids out, in order to get the thing back. And I'm sure that it would be far more firepower than those little handguns they had. Walkie Talkie's..:rolleyes: What a p_ssy.

SithDroid
03-24-2002, 05:07 PM
My point exactly stillakid.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2002, 07:08 PM
Will Speilberg take the guns out of the SW figures that Elliott plays with in front of ET? Weren't there army men costumes for the kids at Halloween? The Bandit on TV that says "B is for Bandit" had a little gun, too, I think. Hmm... no guns, eh Steve?

LTBasker
03-24-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Walkie Talkie's..:rolleyes: What a p_ssy.

Watch out! Or they'll beep "bang bang" in morse code at ya. :p

stillakid
03-24-2002, 11:52 PM
I wonder if Indiana Jones will now have a walkie talkie in his holster instead.

Visualize it: in Raiders when Marcus tells Indy that the gvnt wants him to "go for it," Indy says, "You know what a cautious fellow I am," and he tosses a walkie into his suitcase.

JediTricks
03-25-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Nope, it was staples. The wind was blowing really hard and everybody was in a tizzy beacause they had about 30 people trying to figure out to keep his hat on and it was taking forever and they were losing light and Harrison got fed up and said "jeseus! Gimme that!" and grapped a set guy's stapler and pierced his skull and said "let's get this over with!" which shut everybody up (rightly so, it's not often the star mutilates himself in the name of efficiency) and they hurried up and shot the scene.

Harrison Ford ruled back in the day. I believe that was just a gag, done with an empty staple gun (they make the same noise with or without staples).

InsaneJediGirl
03-27-2002, 10:34 AM
Orginally Posted by stillakid
In the real world, if some alien escaped with the help of anybody, I wouldn't doubt for a second that they would stop at nothing, including taking those kids out, in order to get the thing back

Very True stillakid.Its like in amovie(based on the true stories)about Area 51.The FBI/Military changed the orginal witnesses story,and told him not to speak about it or he'll basically be shot.