PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Scheme for Hasbro for more money

LTBasker
03-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Want the perfect scheme for more money Hasbro? Here ya go:

STOP
THE
EXCLUSIVES!

I swear!!!! The only good place you've got planned for Exlcusives is Wal-Mart, and there are so far 22 exlcusives planned, many of them are going to obviously be limited and expensive! Especially the stupid Imperial Shuttle, even though all you're gonna do is make it far inferior from the vintage mold.

If these reports on the exclusives are true, you're gonna lose soo much money this year. Not only are you giving out crappy product lately (AOTC 3 3/4" Padme and Anakin) but also you're gonna ALLOW over charging and under-ordering of these exclusives, especially at TARGET, KayBee, and Toys-R-Us. Rehash B-wing ring a bell? You made it not only inferior to the vintage one, but also allowed TARGET to price it way too high, and the TIE Interceptor too. How much is the 25th Anniversary X-wing gonna be. $80? And the landspeeder, will that be $30?

Stop it with the exclusives, or you're gonna be losing alot of customers this year.

Dryanta
03-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Hasbro, I agree.It is almost impossible for alot of us to give you our money with exclusives.We want this product!!You know this.If you feel you need to do this to keep retailers happy,then I suggest you disapoint them.And instead keep your real customers happy.
Open up the fan club site and put any and all product you have concerns about mass producing on it.
We will go there.Alot of us already have to buy these online.Why not from you at real prices and it's all yours?
Alot of us like the hunt but if the prey is endangered or extinct we will not go out looking for those things.Scalpers and poachers have alot in common.They are ripping us both off!!Give collectors from Canada and Europe the same opportunity that we would have.Open up a real online store.Open to everyone everywhere.Fan poles ,surveys,customer feedback and representitives online to hear what we say.
If you must have exclusives then let them be exclusive to you and give us a route to get them.I am a truck driver by trade. I have never been asked to deliver to a customer that could not be found.You have found your customer now deliver in means that will satisfy all of us.

Lman316
03-23-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker

If these reports on the exclusives are true, you're gonna lose soo much money this year.

Hasbro won't lose any money. Hasbro sells stuff to the stores, so Hasbo has already made its money, the stores just up the price to make a profit on what they bought from Hasbro. If anything, it would be the stores that would lose money, but they wouldn't lose it either. Someone is always going to buy these things, whether it's scalpers, collectors or what not. So, if they sell, they'll order more (unless they're in limited release - if they are, then Hasbro's made its projected amount anyway) and Hasbro will make more money.
I'm not saying that I agree with this, because I want more than half the exclusives they're putting out this year, and I'm no where near an FAO, TRU or Target. I can get to K*B and I can get to Wal*Mart, but ours don't usually get anything. Like, at Wal*Mart, I never saw the Falumpaset, and I'm starting to worry about the TIE Bomber and the Crashed Snowspeeder too.
I agree with Dryanta. They should put this stuff on the fan club site, or perhaps they should just make another website so collectors can buy directly from Hasbro - give us a fighting chance.

El Chuxter
03-23-2002, 05:48 PM
I know there's some issues with Hasbro's agreements with both LucasFilm and the retailers, but I have no clue why a later release at an increased price (such as if they sold the AT-ST/Speederbike/Paploo combo starting in July at $7-$10 more than TRU sold it for) would be a huge catastrophe or tick off other companies.

Oh, and by the way, Hasbro, you own the Fan Club now--use it!!! :rolleyes:

LTBasker
03-23-2002, 08:00 PM
The thing is, if the exclusives don't sell from the over-pricing (I heard it was $25 per B-wing for TARGET to buy them...) then that'll lead to more under-ordering which will then lead to back stock which will lead to people being not interested and therefore cause several canceling of future items and will make Hasbro lose money because they've got all this backstock from under-ordering.

DarthMaulSithLord
03-28-2002, 06:10 AM
There's only one reason why Star Wars is so down lately. Hasbro's lack of diplomacy and common sense. They could easily dominate the global market, yet they only concentrate on the US and can't even keep them happy! Listen to the customers Hasbro or you'll lose your license! I am so ****ed that i am about to write a letter about this crap to the big man George Lucas himself!

:mad:

Brave Sir Robin
04-14-2002, 03:50 PM
I agree too. Target seems to be a favorite for Hasbro to send exclusives to, and there is not a single one anywhere near where I live, so I'm miffed about not getting exclusives.

Obi-Don
04-21-2002, 09:28 AM
exclusives to me are bad bussiness in the long run. The people that buy the products get let down by not being able to get the products.The stores don't always sell all of the product so they don't order as much,making the customer more let down because they can't find anything they are looking for. It goes round and round and the customer looks at Hasbro for the failure. Hasbro,you might want to take this a good look at.

brentfett
04-24-2002, 04:06 PM
I agree entirely! Let's put a stop to scalping and availability stress!

DarthMaulSithLord
04-24-2002, 05:41 PM
Boycott!!! Boycott!!! Boycott!!!

:)

Droidlover
04-27-2002, 01:25 AM
I'll boycot them, until a new R5D4 comes out that is. Fact is that would be an easy figure for them. Just a new head on an existing astromech body.

darthdogg
04-28-2002, 12:21 AM
what about the figures with a backround being rare ?? is this true - at wal mart none had bg's - while at toys r us most of the figures had the bg's - over 90%?? also i found a female tusken raider with a side way child - all the others had the child facing front (like the mother and every other figure).

DarthMaulSithLord
04-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Best scheme for Hasbro to increase their loyalty and money:

GIVE THE EUROPEANS STAR WARS TOYS NOW!!!

If you don't, shove them down your black holes, we don't want America's drags!!! We only want those if the toys are no more than 2-3 years old! So POTF2 Han/Tauntaun, Bantha beastpacks, Force FX X-Wing, AT-AT, POTJ Y-Wing and beyond! Otherwise, keep them!

PS: this excludes all Episode I toys, Jabba beastpack, POTJ Anakin Mechanic and Darth Maul Final Duel waves.

:(