PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Classic Bounty Hunter???

GNT
08-16-2001, 06:06 AM
You've got:

Boba Fett
Ig-88
Zuckuss
4-Lom
Dengar

and more...

But which one do you like the most and why?

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 09:16 AM
I guess "and more" is Bossk. It seems GNT has demoted Bossk to "The Professor and Mary Ann" level of Star Wars.:) That's a Gilligans Island reference for those of you who haven't ruined their brains on TBS reruns. I think voting for Boba Fett is too easy so I'll take him out of the equation. I read alot of EU books and that's really the only way you can make a judgement on these other guys. I really liked Dengar before he fell in love and found his humanity. It turned him into a wuss. Sorry Dengar fans. IG-88 was cool before he turned stupid and downloaded himself into the Death Star II. I'll have to go with 4-LOM. His background story is cool having served humans on a cruise ship and learning to steal from the rich for fun. I also like the way he cares about Zuckuss, after a fashion, and tries to help hide his illness from the other bounty hunters. He's a cool/ deadly droid. Not as deadly as IG-88 but with more street smarts. He recognizes that there are things that he can learn from sentient beings and always studies them so that he can make improvements to his own programming. I never thought I'd say it because he's such a boring action figure but 4-LOM is my favorite bounty hunter.

JEDIpartner
08-16-2001, 10:31 AM
I liked Bossk... maybe 'cos he was a mailaway figure back in the day. Maybe it's 'cos he's a mean-looking bad-*****. Maybe it's 'cos I liked the Professor and Mary Ann.

I'd have to say Bossk.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2001, 11:51 AM
I'll take the Boba Fett angle. He's still the best, even though so many fans adore him.

GNT, you can make that list:
Boba Fett
Bossk
4-LOM
Zuckuss
Dengar
Greedo
IG-88

... and more. :rolleyes:

bigbarada
08-16-2001, 01:18 PM
I pick Bossk, aside from Boba Fett he had the only speaking part in ESB.

And what an amazing speech it was! Screenwriting at it's best!

I've never mentioned this to anyone but the first time I heard Bossk's monologue, it brought a tear to my eye. Really.
I mean this is what it's all about people, this kind of insight into each character's personality is why we love Star Wars so much.

"Blleeeaaaarrrrgggg!!!!" well spoken Bossk, well spoken.

:D

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 01:35 PM
LOL Bigbarada! I could actually hear Bossk when I read your post. Do you think that it was spelled out that way in the script?:D

bigbarada
08-16-2001, 01:43 PM
'(Alien makes unintelligible gagging sound.)' is probably how the script read.

Sith Worm
08-16-2001, 02:29 PM
Bossk all the way he just looks so cool he has always benn my favorite even as a child I remeber loving this guy. It might be just that he is just cool eye candy I don't know ,but he is the man!

El Chuxter
08-16-2001, 02:43 PM
You know, since the EU started, pretty much every unnamed character from the film is a bounty hunter. Ponda Baba, Djas Puhr, Takeel & Zutton, you name 'em!

IMHO, it's a toss-up between Boba Fett and Bossk. Though the third alien from the right in the second scene following the vernal equinox is pretty awesome, too! :D

the master jedi
08-16-2001, 04:50 PM
I'm all for Boba Fett.

Griff
08-16-2001, 07:00 PM
Boba Fett. He is just cool. That is why I like him.

Starfig873
08-16-2001, 09:50 PM
I like IG-88. But I hated that "Tales of Bounty Hunters" story...ugh...just awful.

the master jedi
08-16-2001, 09:55 PM
That Ig-88 story did suck.There are just some people who should not try to write Star Wars stories.

GNT
08-17-2001, 03:45 AM
Sorry I totally forgot about Bossk,Me Bad!

QLD
08-17-2001, 04:08 AM
I am actually quite fond of Zuckuss.

Though I still can't get his figure.

evenflow
08-17-2001, 09:46 AM
As common as it may be, I still have to go with Boba Fett.

Eternal Padawan
08-17-2001, 12:22 PM
Poor Greedo. He gets my sympathy vote for being shot in cold-blood by that vicious murderer Han Solo...

Huckleberry Josh
08-17-2001, 08:47 PM
The Zuckuss figure can be found in Brian's Toys . The Power of the Force Freeze Frame Zuckuss figure costs 30 bucks . So go capture that figure my friend . Oh , and by the way , You can also get the vintage Zuckuss figure too.

GNT
08-18-2001, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Huckleberry Josh
The Power of the Force Freeze Frame Zuckuss figure costs 30 bucks

Really?

GNT™
''You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi. Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

12inch Lando
08-18-2001, 10:41 AM
Now that's a new one GNT! I'll have to give that one a try sometime! :p

Rollo Tomassi
08-18-2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by GNT

Really?

Is this GNT's new form of post padding? post a quote and say "Really?"

humsup
08-18-2001, 09:46 PM
Its a tie between BOSSK and of course, BOBA FETT. I have both in 3.75" Scale and 12" :D

Jargo
08-20-2001, 08:36 PM
I like Aurra Sing cuz she wears a nifty orange bodysuit......

But my OT favourite is Bossk cuz he's the only one that looks threatening and actually shows any aggresion toward anyone. dengar looks like he needs a month in a hospital bed, Zuckuss looks like he needs spraying with bug spray, Ig-88 looks like if you blew on him he'd fall over, 4-LOM is just dumb looking and Boba is just a crap bounty hunter who got lucky on the back of Vader.

That's just my opinion.......

bigbarada
08-20-2001, 09:22 PM
The only bounty hunter to capture Han Solo, my butt!! Vader captured Han Solo and handed him over to Fett encased in a silver platter.;)

2-1B
08-21-2001, 03:52 AM
I vote for Bossk because as a kid I loved the appearance of the lizard guy. His personality seemed to come through more than the others, and I still feel that way today!

GNT
12-15-2001, 11:32 PM
Thought I'd bump this back to the top

sith_killer_99
01-01-2002, 09:54 PM
I'm with 12inch Lando on the EU thing. 4-LOM was a great character, but that has a lot to do with the author. Plus I like that he wanted to be a Jedi.

As far as "strictly in the movie" goes I have to stick with the old stand by...Boba Fett.

TeeEye7
01-02-2002, 04:57 AM
Josh Randall......now THAT'S classic! :crazed:

master jedi
01-02-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

Is this GNT's new form of post padding? post a quote and say "Really?"

Now his new form of padding is bumping old threads to the top.

GNT
01-03-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
Now that's a new one GNT! I'll have to give that one a try sometime! :p

You guys ;) I mean US$30,thats hell of alot of $$$ here!Plus Mr 12inch Lando I've sold the rights to someone else so you will be sued :p aaahhh master jedi,anywhere I post your not that far behind :)

Favourite at the moment jango

Darth Evil
01-03-2002, 05:17 PM
I haven't seen Jango in action yet, so I'll reserve my judgement until after I see AOTC, so I'd say Boba is my favourite, closely followed by Bossk.

sith_killer_99
01-06-2002, 10:19 AM
GNT, I don't think Jango qualifies as a "...Classic Bounty Hunter";)

GNT
01-09-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
GNT, I don't think Jango qualifies as a "...Classic Bounty Hunter";)

Ok maybe not :rolleyes: but he is way better than any 'classic" bounty Hunter

El Chuxter
01-09-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by GNT
Ok maybe not :rolleyes: but he is way better than any 'classic" bounty Hunter

Base this on what, you do? Is AOTC already out down under? :crazed:

GNT
01-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Base this on what, you do? Is AOTC already out down under? :crazed:

Maybe it is :p I mean he has some good scenes (I wont say here) That no other bounty Hunter had in any other Star Wars movies,Nothing is going to top the stuff he does :)

bigbarada
01-10-2002, 11:12 PM
Considering that five of the seven classic bounty hunters did nothing but stand around, one of the seven was shot in cold blood by a ruthless scoundrel (or attacked an innocent businessman who was forced to defend himself, however you want to look at it:p ) and the last one walked around a bit, let Vader capture his bounties, caroused with some dancing chicks and finally ended up as mid-morning snack. It won't be hard for Jango to outdo all of those bounty hunters combined.;)

El Chuxter
01-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Ya know, bigbarada, when you put it that way, it makes quite a bit of sense. Even though you forgot that one of the five bounty hunters did more than just stand around--he looked down and growled! :D

SithDroid
01-14-2002, 05:50 PM
I have always loved Boba Fett, but since that is always the norm I'd have to go with Bossk. He just looks cool. And his line IS fantastic! Does he get residules for that?