PDA

View Full Version : R3-T7 wave

DeathStarPlans
03-24-2002, 08:32 AM
Found the Preview wave at Target tonight. Anyone think that blue necklace on the R3 was kind of lame? Other than that the figure is cool with a clear dome.

LTBasker
03-24-2002, 08:45 AM
Nah it's kinda cool, and you could do like other peeps have been doing, getting the R2 w/ the gadgets and then putting the lightning/electricity around him for the Endor Bunker scene.

mark2d2
03-24-2002, 03:07 PM
I too, actually thought it was kind of groovy myself. Love that just zapped by Jawa effect achieved by putting it on R2. Also, it's great the way it just slips on and on the figure. No unsightly unnecessary holes or anything.

I've liked all the Astro droid accessories. Though R4's mouse droid is definitely the lamest thus far, it's better than nothing. The Zenith of these would the little blue leia . . . but R2-Q5's death star hologram, and R2-B1's charging stand/parking space were both pretty dang cool . . .

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 09:12 AM
I have no clue WHY he has it, but it's not bad. At least it doesn't bend the figure like those blast effects.

I bought 4 R2-B1s just so I could have the power harnesses. I love those. I was mad that the one that came with the Royal Starship was so chintzy in comparison... that's why I bought so many... so I could put RED in there as well as Artoo and R2-B1. Looks great now!

mark2d2
03-25-2002, 02:49 PM
Dang! However did you find FOUR R2-B1s? Seriously. I went out of my mind trying to score me just one . . . .

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 03:39 PM
One of the on-line vendors had them on sale about 5 months ago for $3.99 USD each... so I jumped on it.

"Windows" shopping is great... you can turn up a good deal from time to time!

pthfnder89
03-26-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
One of the on-line vendors had them on sale about 5 months ago for $3.99 USD each... so I jumped on it.

"Windows" shopping is great... you can turn up a good deal from time to time!

Uggh, I haven't found any of them yet either for under $15-20.

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but what do you mean by "windows shopping"?

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 04:24 PM
It's a play on the old term "window shopping"- looking into the shop window just looking to see what's out there. I said "Windows shopping" because I'm on the computer... using "Windows"!!!

Sometimes I just like to look around on the net to see what's out there without any intent on buying. Sometimes I run across a good deal and can't resist!

pthfnder89
03-27-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
It's a play on the old term "window shopping"- looking into the shop window just looking to see what's out there. I said "Windows shopping" because I'm on the computer... using "Windows"!!!

Sometimes I just like to look around on the net to see what's out there without any intent on buying. Sometimes I run across a good deal and can't resist!

Lol. Nice term, I might have to use that too;)

I don't blame you. I do the same thing, but I rarely find a deal that good. I thought finding Mara Jade for only $10 was a great find for me. That makes me very sad....:cry: :cry:

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 12:45 PM
On the subject of R2's. Is the R2-D2 from AOTC supposed to have the beeping sound? I think it's nifty cuz I can never make the sound myself. Well, without sounding like a scitzo.

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 12:49 PM
Holy cow. I never new about R2-B1. I finally for the heck of it got the Naboo Escape R2-D2 because I needed a new one and saw the pick in the force file. Upon seeing it I said, "Now that'd be a cool R2 unit to own." And here it is. Does anybody have one loose or carded they'd like to sell or trade for. Also, how about TC-14?