PDA

View Full Version : New Qui Gon ?

DarkArtist
03-24-2002, 01:24 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Recently in Tomarts Action Figure Digest they covered the AOTC line that is soon to be in stores. They showed all of the new figures that have been annouced up to this point but in one of the pictures a new Qui Gon Jinn figure was pictured. The wierd thing was that the lightsaber was extremly different from any of the lightsabers made so far. The figure looked to be in pose deflecting a blaster bolt and the blade of the lightsaber was blue. I was wondering if this was just an advance version of the figure that will be corrected by the time it is released or is this a hint to a spoilers for AOTC????
Is Qui Gon Jinn being cloned in the new movie?:confused: :confused:

2-1B
03-24-2002, 02:01 PM
In this month's Insider, Rick McCallum denies the involvement of Liam Neeson in AOTC. They were showing nonAOTC toys at Toyfair, my guess is that this Jinn figure is one of those :)

LTBasker
03-24-2002, 02:02 PM
The Qui-Gon was brought up by the canceled E1 Qui-Gon vs. Security Droid 2-pack that was supposed to come out after the Obi-Wan vs. Maul 2-pack but due to low sales was canceled. The lightsaber, for some reason they had to use an E2 Obi-Wan lightsaber to double as Qui-Gon's, I guess they didn't have any "upgraded" versions of Qui's lightsaber or they couldn't find any spare (weird, I know) ones laying around at Hasbro. The blast effect was added so he wouldn't just be the figure and so it's kinda like a Shaak Ti thing. Unfortunetly when compared to pictures of painted protos of the 2-pack the Qui-Gon is from, this one is of far inferior quality on likeness and paint. I dunno why...

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 09:15 AM
I thought the same thing when I saw the pic. It was a poor likeness to Neeson... even moreso than its predecessors. I hope they do something to correct this before it hits the pegs. I can tell this one will be a pegwarmer anyhow.

LTBasker
03-25-2002, 12:02 PM
Yeah, what's really sad is that the painted proto pictures of that 2-pack had a GREAT Liam likeness, it looks like that instead of painting on a beard they're trying to actually add one to his face, which doesn't make since because it was never that bushy...was it?