PDA

View Full Version : "Jedi Duel" poseability

DeadEye
03-24-2002, 09:34 PM
remember the Episode 1 figures, how Darth Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon in the first wave were poseable to hold their lightsabers in both hands? How come, from the pics, the AOTC Jedi don't have this???:confused:

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 07:56 AM
The AOTC figures don't have all the articulation of the E1 line... but instead we traded all that coolness in for those "realistic" poses. Aren't you glad...? Those are SOOOOOOO much better! :frus:

DeadEye
03-25-2002, 11:09 AM
Yeah. I like the Obi-Wan jedi duel figure...his arms were the best, but it looked retarded because his legs weren't bent.

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 12:12 PM
These are toys and they are just supposed to "represent" the action as best as possible... not recreate it to a "T"

DeadEye
03-25-2002, 12:33 PM
All right...don't get all hostile on me.

pthfnder89
03-27-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Yeah. I like the Obi-Wan jedi duel figure...his arms were the best, but it looked retarded because his legs weren't bent.

Ugh, I'm so glad they didn't repeat this.

I truely *hated* the Jedi Duel Obi Wan and Qui Gonn's. Granted, I was really excited when I first opened them that night, because that was the most articulation any SW figure had ever had, so I was impressed. But once I took them out of the pakage I realized how stiff and akward they were.

They could hold their lightsabers with both hands, but they looked odd doing it, and in any other position, they just looked terrible because the arms were bent to allow them the two handed grip. :mad:

I was SOOOO happy when the Naboo Obi and Qui Gonn came out. Those two still rank as two of my favorite Star Wars figures of all time.:)

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 11:39 AM
I have to agree with pthfinder on that. Naboo Qui-gon and Obi-Wan had two things going for them. Robes and lightsabers on belts. It's one of the things I was waiting for was a figure who's lightsaber goes on there belt. Eeth Koth went one step better cuz the blade comes out too. I hope they continue this although my Coruscant Chase Obi has removable blade but the hilt doesn't clip on his belt any.

DeadEye
03-27-2002, 12:18 PM
Where did you get the coruscant chase obi?????:confused:

browndroid
03-27-2002, 12:27 PM
yeah, the way theyre hands stayed between their crotches after haveing them hold the saber for a while looked pretty wierd...

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 12:37 PM
DeadEye, got it the same way most others. Didn't bid on Ebay, but found a guy on Ebay who gave me a deal. It was like $15 including the overseas shipping. Same with Anakin and Jango

JEDIpartner
03-27-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by browndroid
yeah, the way theyre hands stayed between their crotches after haveing them hold the saber for a while looked pretty wierd...

?????????

I just swiveled the arms back into "neutral" position and VOILA... arms at their sides...

BTW Dead-eye... I wasn't getting all hostile with you. If I was... there would have been a proliferation of CAPS and exclamation points. I was simply stating a fact.

DeadEye
03-27-2002, 05:05 PM
CAPS and exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!

/runs away screaming

Lord Tenebrous
03-27-2002, 07:39 PM
They need to start doing more characters based on "Imperial Officer Technology (IOT)" I don't know if the other ones are this good, but my Imperial Officer has arms that are pretty firm but they come off really easily. They can release with three extra hands for Jedi - one outstretched "Force-effect", and two with a different saber-holding position.

It even adds play value...right now I have Luke hacking an IO's arm off at the bicep. :p

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of other figure lines that come with the different arm attachments. The reason they probably don't do it with Star Wars is because of kids. More arms mean more things for children to choke on and lose. All the ones I have are by McFarlane, the collector's figure. But, yeah I wish they would.

pthfnder89
03-28-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by NesteaFett
Yeah, there are a lot of other figure lines that come with the different arm attachmentsMore arms mean more things for children to choke on and lose. All the ones I have are by McFarlane, the collector's figure.

Or in MacFarlanes case, more things to snap into eight peices the second you take them out of the blister.:rolleyes: :D

NesteaFett
03-28-2002, 06:56 PM
That's also true. How many times have I had to take back cool as Spawn figures and they can only replace with crappy variants. The tears I shed as a child.