PDA

View Full Version : Chicago......

INDIANA
03-24-2002, 10:39 PM
Saw all the E2 Legos at Wal-Mart Sunday evening.

K-Mart had 2 cases of the Jedi Starfighter for $22.99.

Teebo wave at Wal-Mart Friday and Saturday.

Good luck all !!!

Jedi Teacher
04-06-2002, 11:03 AM
Last Night I found all of the sneak preview figures at my local TRU (near fox valley mall) They had a bunch of Zam and R3-T7 still there. A couple of clone troopers were left, but I picked up the one last Jango that was there (sorry!). They also had 1 At-St--which I hadn't found before, but didn't have the $ for.

I still haven't found the teebo wave . . .

Anyway, Good luck!

Wolfwood319
04-06-2002, 11:16 AM
Teebo wave at the Target on Meecham road if anyone wants to make the trek. TRU on Golf near Woodfield mall of I-90 still has a few AT-STs left as of Thursday night. No sign of Snowspeeder or Bomber yet though.

skyywalkerr
04-09-2002, 02:58 AM
NOTHING is showing up in the NW Burbs...The only places I have found anything regularly is Toys R Us in Bloomingdale. The Golf road TRU is a WASTELAND...five Jar Jars and ten Ketwols, and they REFUSE to stock anything else apparently. A few AT-STs, but tht's all. Bloomingdale TRU has regularly gotten in Previews,and the KB at Woodfield had the Prieviews and Jedi Star Fighter. If anyon sees the Wal-Mart exclusives, POST IT!!!!! LOL I eed them andI have a store credit at Walmart :frus: KB at Woodfield also had the Lego Technic Super battledroid, tsk tsk tsk and the Bloomingdale Wal-Mart had the Speeder chase. Now if only they would have stocked the figures...

icatch9
04-09-2002, 08:36 AM
Hey Indiana, thanks for the info, but what Wal Mart did you find Teebo? I have been all over the place and came up with nothing. Can you let me know what town the WM that you found the Teebo wave was at.

skyywalkerr
04-10-2002, 02:54 AM
TRU in Arlington Heights has Jedi Starfighters and a lot of clearance deluxe figs. TRU on Golf road told me tonight that they are getting nothing but AT-STs till the 23rd, and that NO FIGURES will be stocked till then...we'll see. They are the only TRU in he area that has yet to stock Preview figs. Don't waste your time unless you want an ATST, trust m...STILL 10 jar Jars and 5 Ketwols, nd 25th Ann. Packs. I will updae with what I find tomorrow...hapy hunting!

Wolfwood319
04-10-2002, 03:27 AM
I haven't checked that new KB in Woodfield much, I'll check that out as I'm still missing the Jedi Starfighter. No Speeder or Bomber yet, but I'm wondering if they're holding them until 4/23. If anyone sees older waves around, besides Ketwols and Jar Jars, send the word out. I'm looking to clean up with some older POTJ I missed.

Thanks for the tips! Good luck to all.

INDIANA
04-10-2002, 09:24 AM
My appologies to the Chicago group. I have been neglecting the forum I started.

Teebo wave (long ago) in West Suburbs.

GO TO K-MARTS !!!!!

I'm finding Deluxe figs, Slave I, Jedi Starfighters, and Lightsabers.

Good luck all !!!

skyywalkerr
04-10-2002, 10:54 AM
Hey Wolfwood, email me a list of the stuff you need, I have tons of older POTJ stuff just sitting here...hope I can help yoou out. Email is SKYYWALKERR@aol.com. I'm doing a run right now so I will talk to you all soon!

skyywalkerr
04-10-2002, 07:45 PM
Just returned from a toy run all around Chicagoland...found next to NOTHING. At the Walmart on Toughy in Niles, I found the E2 Trading card game, Yoda Lego set, Bounty Hunter chase Legos and a really cool puzzle in a tin. Target on Toughy had TONS of figures etc. on clearance. Toys R Us in Niles had preview peg warmers and 25th sets, as did the TRU in Vernon Hills. If you need the Sae wave, Walmart on Townline in VH is the place to go. If anyone has any insight on just where the KMarts that aren't closing that seem to be getting the E2 stuff are, please post it so it could save us all some time!

Wolfwood319
04-10-2002, 08:00 PM
What did they have from the Saesee wave in VH Wal-Mart? Also, the 24 hour K-Mart on Meecham was putting out the E2 puzzles, legos, and some other things.

INDIANA
04-11-2002, 07:42 AM
I'm West Side. I have 3 K-Marts by me that aren't closing but have only found the E2 stuff at the big Super-de-duper K-Mart 24hr store. Nothing at the other two, but that could change any day now.

icatch9
04-11-2002, 08:27 AM
Indiana you say west side, but west is a very broad location. Could you narrow it down a bit. Maybe a town or a road please. I'm west (Vernon Hills) and I have one K Mart closeing and they have crap.

INDIANA
04-12-2002, 06:50 AM
La Grange Park/North Riverside/Broadview areas.

Went to cut rate toys on Devon yesterday. They had 2 speeders left, C1 and C2 (Dexter wave), and tons of Lightsabers. The prices were not "cut-rate" $6.89/figure. Speeders $11.99. But they did have them.

I spoke to my Wal-Mart manager who confirmed they have the Bomber/Speeders in back BUT will not put any out until the 23rd.

Nothing new at K-Mart this morning. I still am only seeing things at the 24hr store, not the "regular" stores.

icatch9
04-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Thanks Indiana you've been a real big help. This "Cut Rate" toys, I have never heard of this befor. It's on Devon St in La Grange? Sounds like an interesting place. I might have to check it out some day. Well in Vernon Hills everywhere is pretty bad. Our K Mart was 24h, but is closeing and the place looks like a dump. Toys R Us seems to put our 5 Preview figures every so often, but no Bo Shek or anything that new. WM had a strange collection of figures. They have had the Ketwol wave for years, but this week I have found a couple of Zuttons, and yesterday they had the FX-7 wave with out FX-7. They were all still there on Thursday at 5 pm, so if anyone is interested better start planning a trip to the VH.

Well good luck guys. I'm going south this weekend, takeing the train home. So I hope to find some stuff there.

I like this thread, I hope all of us northerners can keep this one going. Kind of like a ChiTown Collectors Club.

INDIANA
04-12-2002, 09:27 AM
Cut Rate Toys is on Devon in Chicago. I belive right around Central and Devon.

icatch9
04-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Thanks again, Indiana! I will check that out next time I am in that area.

skyywalkerr
04-12-2002, 08:46 PM
Hey icatch, I live in Palatine, not too far from you...let me know if you want to do a run sometime, my email is in an earlier post...I may have to try to run to VH in the morning, hope they still have some stuff!

INDIANA
04-14-2002, 11:35 AM
Keep checking stores that sell toys but aren't known for selling toys.

I picked up the new "kids" lightsabers at KOHL'S yesterday. $7.99 in Red,Green,Blue and Purple. They also had a bunch of puzzles and games. No 3/4 stuff YET.

You may also want to try Osco and Walgreens locations.

I ended up opening all the E2 figures I have so far. As a whole I am pretty unimpressed. I was going to pick up new items as I ran across them, but think I will now wait until the 23rd and not make myself crazy.

I have also decided NOT to collect MOC or boxed items anymore. I'm just going to be getting 1 of each and opening them. My attic is filled with tons of carded and boxe stuff that takes up a lot of room, will never be worth tons of money, and is expensive to keep buying duplicates of. If anyone is still looking to pick up MOC items they haven't been able to find e-mail me. And I'll see what I can do. I think I will probably be going to Kane County at the end of the month and I could meet some people there if possible.

icatch9
04-15-2002, 09:07 AM
Just a note to those still in hunt for POTJ stuff. I found the Emperors Wrath Vader wave at the WM in Bradley near Kankakee. So, that was X Wing Luke, DS Escape Han, and EW Vader. They had more, but nothing older than that. It’s a good trip down there, but you pass Lincoln Highway (TRU, WM, KB, Target). And once in Bradley they have a (TRU, KM, Target). So plenty of stuff to keep you occupied.

I was in the WM in Buffalo Grove last night about 9 pm, and they had about 3 boxes of AOTC figures, and a box of deluxe figures, and a couple of boxes of other things all on a palate. I didn’t bother opening them because I didn’t feel like getting into a fight with the Smiley Faced Man (he’s pretty mean looking in that Zorro mask). Nothing I can’t wait for. Of course I found the same thing in a WM in Central IL (near the U of I) on Friday. They had even more boxes of stuff. Still I didn’t bother to open them. I thought to myself “Self, if you get caught doing this you have no argument. The date is stamped on the box. They have you singing the WM blues for quarters.” So, I decided to wait until the 23rd like everyone else. Maybe I made a mistake and could have out smarted the cashier, but no big deal. I found 6 AOTC figures 2 weeks ago, and that is enough “early bird” stuff for me.

INDIANA
04-16-2002, 06:03 AM
Walked into my Wal-Mart at 3pm on Monday and found a Snowspeeder on a top shelf. *****ed to the management who apologized and said again they shouldn't be out until the 23rd, BUT still let me buy the thing. No sign of a Bomber though.

INDIANA
04-19-2002, 05:55 AM
I spoke to my friend at Wal-Mart yesterday night. He told me they got in what they believe to be their last shipment of E2 stuff before Tuesday. No Dooku. Yoda and Anakin yes, but ne Dooku assortments. There are still a couple of days. No one has ANY idea what we will find at Target either. I have a friend there who told me that ALL the E2 stuff was being held in the warehouse until the VERY last minute, that's why there have been no Target leaks. I doubt from what I have seen at K-Marts so far that they will have anything besides the first 2 waves of C2 and just the first few from C1.

icatch9
04-19-2002, 08:22 AM
Not much exciting news. The WM in Vernon Hills had a few older POTJ (Sebulba, Ben Kenobi, Bespin Han, ect. Nothing to great.). The TRU had 20 of each of the FX7 wave. That means a ton of Eeth Koth, Zutton, Queen Decoy, Fleet Trooper, & Imperial Officer. So if your interested in these, or troop builders you better get up to the VH.

I'm still hunting for a Bo Shek. Anyone know where there is one of that guy warming the pegs?

Just a few days left. Later guys.

INDIANA
04-19-2002, 08:35 AM
If you absolutely give up, let me know. As I said before, I'm getting rid of my carded stuff and I have a Bo Shek. I'm not looking to get a lot of money from them, some people have contacted me already, and I'm just letting stuff go for $5 to keep it simple.

INDIANA
04-19-2002, 08:47 AM
Read on Rebelscum someone in Chicago found the Red Clonetrooper and Anakin at KOHL's (told ya). I'm checkin mine on the way home!!

skyywalkerr
04-19-2002, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, That was me who found the stuff at Kohl's, And to clarify it was the Outland peasant disguise Anakin. They also had the LEGO Gunship, and I dont collect Lego, but it was VERY nice. Also, if you guys are having trouble finding anything, go to Federationtoys.com. They have things there and are reasonable too ($7 for basic figs) as opposed to 9 bucks at Kohl's or 8.50 at Cat's Eye. By the way, that place could use a visual merchandiser!

skyywalkerr
04-19-2002, 02:22 PM
by the way it was the Kohl's in Arlington Heights on Dundee Road

skyywalkerr
04-21-2002, 10:57 AM
Hey guys...Been finding stuff all over. Yesterday I picked up a slew of Gungan Soldiers at the Melrose Park TRU, as well as more at the Crystal Lake TRU, where I also got some Security Battle Droids(I can't wait to start making some dioramas). TRU on Glof till had a bunch of queens and FX-7s, as well as a couple Imperial Officers, which I picked up. Now let's talk about Kohl's, God love 'em. At the Schaumburg Kohl's, I picked up Anakin's speeder, Jar Jar Senator, and Deluxe Obi-Wan. At the Crystal Lake Kohl's, I got Dexter Jettster, Padme, Obi-Wan, Geonosian Warrior, and Kit Fisto. They still had as of 10 pm last night: Darth Tyranus Deluxe, Obi Wan Deluxe, Jango Deluxe, Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Nikto, Saesee Tiin, Padme, Anakin, and Threepio. As well as the Speeders and Starfighter. Best news was the figures I picked up were 10% off, not that that was a big deal, but it helped me feel better about getting that much early. Also, KIDD from Rebelscum and I are gonna do the MIdnight Madness at TRU on Harlem and 22nd. If anyone wants to join us in line, drop me an email at SKYYWALKERR@aol.com. Happy Hunting!

icatch9
04-21-2002, 04:48 PM
Where is the TRU you are going to? I mean what town? I am planning on going to the TRU in Niles. Wolfwood said he was going to go to a WM, but I cannot remember where it was at.. I really want to get my stuff from TRU, but I really want a Snowspeeder and a TIE Bomber. I think I'm just stuck.

skyywalkerr
04-21-2002, 10:17 PM
icatch, it's in chicago on harlem and 22nd

INDIANA
04-22-2002, 08:30 AM
It's in North Riverside, on 22nd (Cermack Road) about 1/4 mile west of Harlem.

I'll be going there too, about 11, in search of the elusive Dooku.

Tomorrow I'll be at Forest Park Wal-Mart for my Bomber. BTW, the idiots at the store put out the Yoda wave (NO DOOKU), the Reek and Speeders this morning. They PRICE SCAN (which they didn't before) but still do not ring up.

INDIANA
04-22-2002, 08:32 AM
skyywalkerr...did you still need a Bo Shek? I could bring one tonight, $5.

icatch9
04-22-2002, 10:53 AM
Well I hope you boys have fun. It's just to far for me to go to the one on Harlem. I'll be going to Niles. I too hope to get a Doku, but if I don't its no big deal, he will be out more in the future. I am real excited about the Snowspeeder and Bomber. I hope to get that tommarow on my Lunch Hour. Oh so much to buy. With this, and the Kane County Show next weekend, and then Indy the following weekend, I'll be a Star Wars Junkie. Probally be burnt out byt the time the movie hits. Yea Right! Good luck tonight guys!

skyywalkerr
04-22-2002, 11:11 AM
Indiana, already have my BoShek wave, but thanks. I am mostly looking to fill inolder stuff I had stolen from me by a 'friend' I'l be wearing a shirt that says "Clone" on it...and no it isn't a reference to Star Wars :)

INDIANA
04-22-2002, 11:43 AM
My mistake, it was icatch9 that needed the Bo Shek.

I do have a bunch of MOC stuff that I'm not collecting anymore that I'm just letting go for $5. Send me a list and I'll do my best for you.

I'll probably be getting there about 11 with some friends. I'll be wearing a black, hooded pull-over and my daughter's Winnie-the-Pooh hat.

Jedi Teacher
04-22-2002, 12:13 PM
I'm heading to my local TRU (fox valley mall) for the midnight madness sale. Anybody else going to be there--or will you be at other locations?

icatch9
04-22-2002, 12:19 PM
Yes, Indiana I am interestd in the Bo Shek. Are you going to be at the Niles TRU tonight? That is where I am going.

Either way, the only two that I am missing is Bo Shek, and R4 M9. So if you have those two that would be cool.

And since everyone else already has thier wordrobe planned I guess I will to. I will be wearing a Red White Sox Hat and an all yellow Fleece (and I do mean yellow).

Any Ideas if any WM will be opened tonight? I know Wolfwood said something about one being opened, but I can't remember for sure.

Well I hope to see some friendly faces tonight.

Indiana, if we never run into eachother, we can surely work out some sort of deal through the mail for the Bo Shek. If you want. I would gladly send you cash, and you could just mail the figure to me. It's up to you. Just let me know.

Flembar
04-22-2002, 03:21 PM
just checked out the TRU at Addison and Western in Chicago. They have TONS of Zutton wave on the shelf and clearance bins for $5.99 each. Guess theyre trying to do a last minute move of the old before E2 comes in tonight.

Anyhow... they had TONS of rebel fleet trooper, imperial officer, Eeth Koth, Zutton, FX-7, Amidala Royal decoy, and the ubiquitous
Ketwol and Ellors Madak. They even had at least one E2 preview R3-T7

I picked up an extra Rebel Fleet trooper and Imp commander for good measure along with Zutton and the queen--which I had both avoided but figured what the heck...

I also snagged the very last TF Battle Tank--marked down to $7.99!!!

check em out.... but Im sure theyll have a whole slew of new stuff tomorrow morning.

Peace Out.

-Rash Flembar-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

icatch9
04-22-2002, 04:54 PM
Well boys and girls have a lot of fun tonight. Don't get to spaztic or freak out. I can picture in my head a guy running around in circles saying "Oh, My God! over and over again (the guy from the Simpsons when the Power Plant does a fire Drill) when TRU opens the doors tonight.

Good Luck! And remember if you don't get it tonight, you'll be able to get it soon. NOthing will be hard to find. Such is the nature of this sort of thing.

icatch9
04-23-2002, 09:57 AM
Well How did everyone do? I did fine, only got 5 at the Niles TRU MM. Wasn't a huge selection, I would say only about 16 different figures. People where a bit frantic. People where just grabbing stuff and throwing into thier carts. Very exciting for some, but I kept my cool. Some guys where dressed up in costumes. Some real great costuems. Straight out of the moive. There was a bit of shouting in the line when a guy tried to cut, but that subsited, and everyone was pretty cool. All in all a great time, and I'm glad I went.

Oh, they didn't have a Dooku or Yoda. So, I'm still on the hunt for those. Yell them out if you see them!

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 10:28 AM
I hit the Wal-Mart near me this morning. They were just putting stuff out, they only had the basic 14. Picked up 12 figs, Slave I, and the Reek. No TIE Bombers or Snowspeeders though. I plan to go look for more stuff on my lunch break.

Flembar
04-23-2002, 01:00 PM
Just went to the Wal-Mart on Toughy in Niles... they pretty much had all the new figures in good quantity, Jedi Fighter, Slave 1....

NO TIE Bomber or Snowspeeder however.

all, in all, I liked the sculpts on the new figures a lot (not crazy about Amildala Arena and her weird arm).... the flesh colored magnets in the jedi hands bothered me a little though... but the metal light sabers were great.

did get a bit of a spoiler seeing the Zam Wessell figure... we'll see how that plays into the movie.... 3-PO with panels was cool, and Kamino Escape Jango with removeable helmet was my favorite.

it looked like a couple of the deluxe jedi figures had their lightsabers permanently sculpted into their hands--AWFUL!!!! HATED IT!!!

oh well... on balance a pretty nice job by Hasbro, but Ill probably avoid deluxe Obi-Wan and Anakin with their crappy permanent lightsaber hands

P.S. I love that this Chicago thread has begun, but it would be REALLY HELPFUL if people would state what stores they went to and WHERE they are located when they talk about the selection.

Thanks in advance everybody.

peace out.

-Rash Flembar-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

icatch9
04-23-2002, 01:08 PM
Well I went out on my Lunch hour in search of TB and SS and nothing. So the WM on 60 in Vernon Hills has no TIE's or Snowspeeder, and not a whole lot of anything. Very slim pickings on figures. I am sure they'll restock, but today thye didn't have much. The TRU in VH had a fully stocked everything, but nothing differet. Just the first 14 or so. The Target however had Hanger Dual Ani, Yoda, and Red Clone Trooper. Very COOL! They cost a buck more, but worth it. They didn't have many left, so you may want to get on your horse. That's all.

So anyone in the Chitown area find TIE or Snowspeeder? It sucks that the WM are crappy around hear, considering how many people live hear.

Oh I agree with Flembar, the town and location of the stores is super helpful. Let keep up the good work, and help eachother out.

INDIANA
04-23-2002, 01:11 PM
TRU North Riverside was VERY disappointing..not a lot of anything. KB at N. Riverside mall had all the latest, as did the Wal-Marts. I was informed late last night that my contact at Forest Park Walmart was NOT going to have the Bombers either. Taking that into consideration, I went to the Hodgkins Walmart (with about 20 disgrunteled TRU shoppers) and they had ONE case (3 each) Snow/Bombers. I was able to grab 1 Bomber for myself before being pushed away.

Anyone finding a Dooku anywhere..please let the rest of us know.

P.S. Target sucked and K-mart pretty much sucked too. Target $6.99 a figure.

Wal-Marts and KB were the best for selection and most recent releases.

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 01:48 PM
Anyone hit the KB in Woodfield mall yet? I want to know if its worth the trip or not. I'm just looking for the later releases now. Dexter wave, Anakin Hanger Duel, Dooku, Taun We, Red CT, etc.

TRU on Golf near woodfield had nothing but basic 14.

INDIANA
04-23-2002, 04:01 PM
I went to about 15 stores today. Here is my 2 cents on where I THINK you're best shot at finding things is:

Yoda wave of 4: I saw them at Wal-Mart and KB

Taun We: I saw them at Wal-Mart, KB, and a VERY few at Target (like maybe they got in 1 case)

Dexter Wave: Try K-Mart. The one NON-24hr store here had a lot of this wave.

Dooku: hell, or California

Wolfwood319
04-23-2002, 04:32 PM
Alright, so no Dooku sightings around here it would seem...

I picked up the Dexter Wave at the 24 hour K-Mart on Meecham. Haven't found Yoda or Taun We wave yet, I'll look later tonight.

netsolo
04-23-2002, 05:06 PM
Indiana-

It's funny you say that because apparantly a few Wal Marts here in the So. California area have the Dooku's. (I have yet to find one). So hell? California? Maybe it's not that far off.

Dan Pady
04-23-2002, 11:44 PM
New Member Post #1

Have been reading your posts which have been helpfull, so I thought I would contribute and return the favor.

7:15am-Walmart, St Charles-my first stop gave me quite a few figures, but noticed many were missing. Best find was a Zam Wessel-the only 1 there. I looked in the next aisle, and found 2 Snowspeeders and 2 Tie Bombers up on a top shelf!!! Only took 1 each and I think a guy who saw me come back with them bought the others.

10am-Schaumburg TRU-Found 2 dexters, bought 1!!!!

11am-Wal Mart Streamwood-Tons of Red Clone troopers!! Also found 1 Geo Warrior! No bombers,speeders

1130am-WalMart Bloomingdale-same figs as everywhere, no bombers, speeders

Look forward to posting more, and helping out.
By the way, I have been to several Toy Shows at Kane County Fairgrounds, and have always found something I needed-old,new,impossible to find. Have even brought duplicate figures to trade with vendors or even sell for cash! A previous post was correct by saying to shop around, as prices vary greatly from vendor to vendor. But you do risk something being sold out by spending time shopping. Good luck!

skyywalkerr
04-24-2002, 12:50 AM
Who wants to bet that the TIE Bombers and Snowspeeders we couldn't find will be in ABUNDANCE this weekend at Kane County? Okay now with that out of the way, I found everything I wanted, save the two exclusives in my travels. Didn't find a Dooku, but will in the next few days I'm sure, so no big deal. All the figures I opened I was really happy with. Unlike Episode 1, there isn't a figure I am not excited about, especially Yoda!

Darth Pen
04-24-2002, 01:04 AM
My MM was down right horrible. I really only wanted to pick up several of the figs. My list of buys vs. not buys was sooo much shorter. I went to TRU in Aurora IL and waited in line with about 100+ people. When the clock struck 12 and everyone rushed in there it was a madhouse. I got shoved only 3 times, pushed about 2 times and hit in the back with a cart. I felt like I was in a mosh pit. It was like a swarm of bugs, they decended on the rack and when they cleared all that was left was empty pegs. Everyone ran to their own corners and sorted out mess. Then figs started making their way back to the pegs and the employees threw(literally) cases in the open sections so people could mob those. All in all, I walked out with Nikto Jedi(one of the few that were there), Shakk Ti, and Plo Koon. There were no Yodas, Ani HD, Red Clone troopers, Luminaras, Red Guards, or Taun Wes to be found at all. And no novels or other books which I found the most disappointing.

I went to Meijers on Rt.59 and @12:35 and they had NOTHING. The one stocker found a pallet of legos but said they were still searching for the figs.

I then went to Meijers on Boughton in Bolingbrook and found a whopping NOTHING. No novels or CDs. NOTHING. And the stockperson there said maybe later they'll get it out.

What a horrible MM compared to when TPM came out. So I hoped the next day would be fruitful.

Quick run down of the day after:

Wal-mart on Larkin in Joliet:1 Ani HD Tons of figs TRU did not have including Zams and Red CTs. Also plentiful Dexters, Nikto Js, and Geonosian Warriors. But no Red Guard, Luminara, Taun We or Dookus. Did pick up the CD. It has an exclusive screensaver. Also snagged the storybook and scrapbook. Also no Tie Bombers or Snowspeeders but I scored a SS last week so I'm ok.

K-Mart by Joliet mall did not even set up ANYTHING. Don't waste your time here. Still no Red Guard, Luminara, Taun We or Dookus.

Target: Scored Yoda. Everything I seen at previous stores. CD here has exclusive bonus track. Still no Red Guard, Luminara, Taun We or Dookus.

TRU had tons of Ani HDs and Yodas all case fresh and tons of figs that were absent form MM in Aurora. YET Still no Red Guard, Luminara, Taun We or Dookus.

Kay-Bee: still more of the sameand YET AGAIN no Red Guard, Luminara, Taun We or Dookus.

Best Buy: CD here has a card with it. Good thing they made so many covers.

Barnes and Noble: Got the novel here. Also snagged the new character guide. BTW the new artist who did the pics is AMAZING!!!!! Would have picked up the visual dictionary and the comic adaption but I scored those here 2 weeks ago. Thye give you a magazine that cool. It has a Dark Horse comic story in it.

At least today made up for last nights disappointment. Still don't have evrything I wanted but its only the first day and I think at next years TRU day after Thanksgiving Day sale they will be choking on Ani Peasants and that screwed up C3PO. The distribution system on these figs is kinda crazy. I didn 't buy alot of the figs to send a message but appreantly I was one of the few so it didn't get heard. Everywhere was already pegwarmer city, but well see how that is after the movie opens.

Any other places have anything exclusive with their cds??

Jedi Teacher
04-24-2002, 08:17 AM
Darth Pen--I was at the Fox Valley TRU too. It was rather unpleasant at first, but I thought things settled down after a while. I had a great spot in front & since my wife and I were very polite to the employees they kept handing us boxes to look through. I got everything they had there.,

Yesterday morning I found Taun We, Luminara and Royal gaurd at the Target on County Farm rd in Wheaton. They only had 2 or 3 of each (I only bought 1 of each)

I still need: Yoda, Dooku, Anikan (hanger duel), clone trooper and Zam Wessel.

Since Target stocks overnight my wife was going to stop by when they open this morning. I'll let you know what she found later today.

Good luck to all!

icatch9
04-24-2002, 08:45 AM
Well, I went on a tour of the Western Suburbs. Nothing in Vernon Hills (other than the normal peg warmers). Nothing at the Buffalo Groove WM or Target. Nothing at the Lake Zerik (sp?) WM, but got the last Royal Guard and R2 leg Variant at the Target there. I did do well with all the card inserts. ONly missing 4.

R2
Battle Droid
Dexter Jettster
Geosian Warrior

So, if you can confirm finding these anywhere I'd greatly appreciate a location.

None of the WM had the snowspeeder or TIE, but the WM in Buffalo Groove at least had a spot for the TIE. It sucks that they make these so hard to find. Oh, well.

I'm going to Kane Co. this Sunday too. I agree with whats been said. If your looking for something that's going to be hard to find, I'd get it early. People kind of get frenzied there. I hope to bump into some of you guys there. Should be a fun time.

INDIANA
04-24-2002, 09:57 AM
I got word that the guy who runs Falcon's Hanger in Indiana has tons of Dooku's in stock and will bring them on Sunday. I wasn't able to get a price, but Jeff has always been really reasonable and decent to deal with. I don't think he will blow the prices up too badly.

icatch9
04-24-2002, 10:07 AM
Yea, I don't know him, but I remember his table. He has always got a bunch of the new stuff. Useally no more the $10.00. So that's not to bad of a price (if you can't wait to hunt it down for retail).

So those of you who are going, what's the one thing you hope to get? I am torn becase I'm going to the Celebration wich is the following weekend. I have budgeted enough money to buy as small country (JK), but I am only going to buy something that is a good price. Anyway, I am hopeing to get some POTF 2 vehicles (outrider, x wing, vader tie), and some parts and weopons for my vintage stuff. Plus, the acosional steal on a loose figure or something like that. I'm hopeing to get there at 8 am, so I'll have all day to walk around and go nuts.

Flembar
04-24-2002, 10:32 AM
Could somebody in the know please post the details of the toy fair.... ie times, dates, address

thanks in advance!!

-R.F.-

INDIANA
04-24-2002, 11:37 AM
STOP THE PRESSES !!!!!!!!

I am OFFICIALLY CONFIRMING DOOKU in CHICAGO at retail !!!

A VERY good friend picked him up yesterday for me at KB in Yorktown!!!!!! I didn't talk to him until just now !!!

Good luck everyone!!!!

moffbunkaroo
04-24-2002, 01:53 PM
I also got one there yesterday, but they are all gone as of this morning...

Still have a ton of Hangar Anakin, Red Clone and Zam, as well as some Yodas. I know they had a few Geonosians and I think Dexters as well...

icatch9
04-24-2002, 03:12 PM
Flembar

Hey the Toy show is This weekend April 28th (you can go on the 27th, but it cost $50.00 to get in). The cost to get in is $6.00 (I think kids and SS are cheaper, but I can't remeber the price). It is at the Kane County Fair Grounds in St. Charles IL. The time if from 8 am - 4 pm. As a frequent visiter to this show I recomend getting thier earlier than later. Venders have a tendance of closing up shop around 3:00.

Go to http://www.chicagotoyshow.com/ for all the info. Hope to see you there.

Flembar
04-24-2002, 03:25 PM
muchos gracias for the toy fair info:D :D :D :D

skyywalkerr
04-24-2002, 05:53 PM
hey guys,
I will be there really early on Sunday, since I have to work (Which I tried to get out of, since it's my birthday...but I digress) I am hoping to fill in one of the few spots left over from when so many of my figures got ripped off. BUT that being said I am gonna check the celebration too. Anyone know where I can lay my hands on a CHEAP Motti or Leia Commtech? let me know, I'd just as soon NOT deal with Brian's Toys! ICatch, maybe we can see each other, and if you need a Geonosian Warrior still, I have an extra for you!

Wolfwood319
04-24-2002, 08:19 PM
Well, I just got back from shopping day #2. I found a Saesee Tinn, Jar Jar Binks, and Nikto Jedi at the Wal-Mart in Mt. Prospect. The Wal-Mart in ROlling Meadows has lots of HD Anakins, Zams, and Red Clonetroopers.

I still haven't found Geonosian Warriors, Dexter, Taun We, Royal Guard, Yoda, Dooku, and Lumiara.

Jedi Teacher
04-25-2002, 08:16 AM
I may have asked this before, but I'll just say I'm having a senior moment. Who from the Chicago area is going to celebration II?

I'll start:

me

skyywalkerr
04-25-2002, 08:29 AM
I will be there

icatch9
04-25-2002, 08:33 AM
Me too Jediteacher. It's going to be a blast! Did you get you SSG Celebration Badge Yet?

Oh, nothing new in Vernon Hills. Targe expanded thier SW area, but only got more of the Boba Fett Wave.

Hey Skyywalker, my Dad got me the Geonosian Warrior last night. Still thanks for the offer. Yea it would be great to bump into you at St. Charles. Sorry, but I don't have any Motti or Liea left. Had a couple of each back in Jan, but used them in a pretty great trade. I am sure you'll be able to pick those two up for about $15.00 each, not to bad. I paid $10.00 for mine (got them at the Field Museum when the SW exhibit was there. Paid $10.00 for Hoth Liea, and AT AT Driver. That was a mistake becasue I saw a ton of those at TRU a few weeks later for $3.00, oh well. Over paying seems to be our lot in life.

We'll have to see if we can't catch up with one another in St. Charles.

Flembar
04-25-2002, 08:33 AM
Im NOT going to the Celebration 2--good friend getting married that weekend

but let me go a step further...

is there any one who is going that would be willing to pick up a Jorge Sacul figure for me? Im only looking for one. Id be happy to pay them up front in advance and include a "finder's fee" or something for the trouble

Id prefer someone who lives in the city (Im on the NW side) just because its easier that way

thanks in advance!

-Rash Flembar-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Flembar
04-25-2002, 08:41 AM
Oh yeah... one more thing....

If anyone is interested and would like to email me directly Im at yoyoma87@hotmail.com.

Frankly, I dont really know what an appropriate finder's fee would be... but I was thinking whatever the cost of the figure is we can double it--so Id basically be buying yours for you.

sound fair? I dunno... you tell me....

thanks again!!

-R.F.-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Flembar
04-25-2002, 11:47 AM
was driving by KB at the Marketplace Mall at 6 Corners (Irving and Milwaukee) so I went in

they had the standard stuff... no Dookus... a couple each of Anakin's and Zam's speeders... jedi fighter and slave 1... Royal Guard... and the new R2-D2 with the sound effect--which, BTW, I really liked. we sure have come a long way from the vintage days of the high pitched CLICK when you turned R2's head

ttfn

-R.F.-

skyywalkerr
04-25-2002, 01:12 PM
hey guys, I just got back from Aurora on a delivery from work and the Walmart there had one each of the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder! The lady told me they had just found them in the back, so keep that in mind on your toy run!

icatch9
04-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Hey, good for you Skyywalker. Nothing like getting paid to buy Star Wars stuff. I used to deliver for a copy store and did stuff like that all the time. It's still so amazing how few of these there are. It's stinks that no one is finding them. I just don't get it. It worries me too becasue these don't seem to be something that they are going to make a bunch of. I mean we'll be finding the Jango's Slave 1 next Easter, but these two very cool ships will be gone by the time the movie is out. D@mn, it sucks!

skyywalkerr
04-25-2002, 04:00 PM
Yeah I was thinking about it. I think we need to be more vigilant in looking out for others when we find the Snowspeeders and TIE Bombers. I will post on here ASAP when i find them, and may try to pick up the ones I see. BUT...let me be real honest on this, I will NOT be selling them for more than I paid. I think those of us who post on here are pretty good about not scalping, and helping each other out. At least I think so...so maybe we could pull together a once-a-month 'swap meet' where if we find stuff and have extras we could post it, then let each other know what we have/need and get together someplace and trade, swap stories...etc> If anytone thinks this is a good idea, let me know. With the nicer weather on the way maybe we could meet at a park and see. Remember, it isn't WHAT you know, it's WHO you know!

Wolfwood319
04-25-2002, 04:06 PM
Now that's a good idea! If everyone was fare about it, either a figure for a figure, or nothing sold over retail, I think we'd all benefit.

Let me know what everyone is missing, and I'll keep an eye out for it.

I'm currently missing the Taun We, Luminara, Royal Guard, and Dooku.

Also, I heard the Dooku was found at some KB's, but I don't remember which ones.

icatch9
04-25-2002, 04:08 PM
Great idea Skkywalker. And in the imortal words of Luke Skywalker "I'm with ya too!" We can figure out some detail later, when more people are down with it. Lets hope we can form an alliance that can help everyone out.

rpgnew
04-25-2002, 05:54 PM
Found 4 Snowspeeders & 4 Tie Bombers at Bloomingdale WM.
Took 1 of each.Look on upper shelf.Hurry!!!

deanpaul
04-25-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by skyywalkerr
I think those of us who post on here are pretty good about not scalping, and helping each other out. Remember, it isn't WHAT you know, it's WHO you know!

Maybe you could offer to help Flembar out with Jorge Sacul, since you said you would be at Celebration II and you want to "help out". He posted about three up from the post I'm quoting. Can't anyone hear this guy? C'mon, you're allowed SIX figures and you're only an hour and a half away!

Your pal,

Deanpaul

skyywalkerr
04-25-2002, 07:48 PM
Deanpaul...where did you read we are able to get SIX figures? Everything I have read states two figures per guest. And for the record, YES, I am more than happy to help out. If I can get more than my twofigures, so be it!

deanpaul
04-25-2002, 10:30 PM
It might have been at rebelscum.com or theforce.net... The rule is two figures per attendee per day... the event is three days long, thus six figures per person. This was a direct from the source response to the site admin... Not some speculative thread. Depending on the length of line each day the question may become "How long do I want to wait in a stinking line at a great convention"?

Sorry if my post sounded at all harsh - I reread it just now and that certainly wasn't my intent, thanks for understanding what I was trying to say. I lived in Lincoln Park from 90-92, really loved Chicago then and now. I'm in Salt Lake now, too far and too busy to make the Celebration - maybe next year. Thanks for letting me sit in on this thread.

Regards,

Deanpaul

EDIT: I meant "maybe next MOVIE"... That will be a party! :)

deanpaul
04-25-2002, 10:41 PM
Ooops! My bad!

I read it right here on Sir Steve's! Sorry Steve!

http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=176

Deanpaul

skyywalkerr
04-26-2002, 03:25 AM
well, if that is trhe case, then I can certainly pick up extras...I hope it is, because now I have bveen inundated with email for one LOL! I will see what I can d guys, and hopefuly I will come home bearing figs!

INDIANA
04-26-2002, 07:24 AM
My Wal-Mart in Forest Park got in another(?) case of the Bombers/Snowspeeders this morning. I would assume the others would as well. Good luck looking!!

icatch9
04-26-2002, 08:16 AM
Found the Battle Droid w/ background last night at TRU in Vernon Hills. Think I snagged the last one, but I stoped looking after I found it. That was the last one, so I have all 16 figures with the background. Pretty cool, I don't forsee them being worth anything, but I think they look pretty cool. The ones with the purple background really make the figure stand out.

No TIE or Snowspeeder at my WM, but I'll check today!

Good luck!

Flembar
04-26-2002, 10:22 AM
checked my computer this morning and saw Indiana's new post that the Wal-Mart in Forest Park had the TIE bomber... checked my map and saw that Forest Park wasnt far away... and decided I'M GOING!

well.... what do you know.... THE BOARD WORKS!!! WM had the TIE Bomber and SS just as Indiana said.

I can confirm that as of 9:45 am today (Fri 4-26-01) (and after I snagged mine), the Wal-Mart had 2 TIE Bombers left on the shelf and 3 snowspeeders.

The Wal-Mart is located at 1300 Des Plaines Ave in Forest Park, at the corner of Roosevelt and Des Plaines (about a 1/2 mile south of the Eisenhower Expressway and 1/2 mile west of Harlem)

Muchos Kudos to Indiana and everybody else on the board here... this is how it is supposed to work!! THANKS!!

-Rash Flembar-

p.s. anybody willing to pick me up a Jorge Sacul at the Convention next weekend? If youre in the city I could swing by your place tomorrow and give you some money. If interested/willing, please email me at yoyoma87@hotmail.com. Thanks!!

INDIANA
04-26-2002, 10:46 AM
Glad I could help.

Wolfwood319
04-26-2002, 10:49 AM
Wal-Mart on Meecham Rd. in Shaumburg has the following:

2 TIE Bombers
2 Snowspeeders
A few Imperial Guards
2 Taun We
1 Luminara
1 Geonosian Warrior

This was at approximately 8:30 AM this morning.

INDIANA
04-26-2002, 01:00 PM
I guess I will throw myself in as well for the Celebration figure. I do not want to interferre with anyone else's deals, but I will make a straight out offer for $20 for one. I figure if I waited and got one in a couple of weeks from a scalper I would still be paying this much, so I may as well give the money to one of you. You can e-mail me at ppalmer@macneal.com if you have an extra.

icatch9
04-26-2002, 01:14 PM
Found 3 Snowspeeder at Vernon Hills WM on 60 at 12:30 pm 4/26. I got one! No TIE Bomber though. Plus no new figures either. Better get them while they are hot!

skyywalkerr
04-26-2002, 04:03 PM
Okay guys...I will be at Celebration 2 and will TRY to get the figures. I am not going to take your money beforehand though, just for the simple fact that it could cause more trouble than it's worth :) So if and when I get extras, I will post it on here! Don't worry, I will take care of you guys who asked first first! Does this sound cool?

icatch9
04-26-2002, 04:47 PM
Hope everyone has a good time at St Charles on Sunday. I hope to bump into a few of you guys. Later!

Jedi Teacher
04-26-2002, 09:57 PM
I was in the TRU in Downers Grove on Butterfield tonight. They had a bunch of Zam Wessels, Clone Troopers, Yodas and a few Anakin (Hanger Duel) when I left. Good Luck!

skyywalkerr
04-28-2002, 03:52 PM
Did everyone who went to the St Charle3s show get some good deals? I got a scalper really ****ed when I offerred to sell a lady the figures he was selling for 15-20 bucks each at cost. She was happy to have saved and I was ecstatic to **** off the scalper! I did pick up some vintage I needed and filled a couple of the many holes in my New Era stuff. Plus I got a free figure for my birthday, so I am all in all pleased!

INDIANA
04-28-2002, 07:49 PM
I didn't get to go to the show, something came up.

I think I mentioned this once before, but, I'm getting rid of mt carded collection to open everything. If any of you are looking to fill any holes, please let me know. I am trying to get rid of the stuff, not make money, so I promise to give great deals. I finally yanked everything out of the attic today (wife and baby are out of town...duh). From what I can tell it's all POTJ, most E1 (later stuff), and a bunch of the clearance figures found at KB and TRU a few years ago. I also have all the Cinema scenes, but almost no ships.

INDIANA
04-28-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey, how would you guys and gals feel about starting a new thread every quarter? Instead of making one huge one with tons of old pages to look through, on June 1st we could start "Chicago Summer Edition" or something like that. Or would you prefer to have just this one thread keep going?

Darth Pen
04-29-2002, 12:24 AM
Hey thanks rpgnew!!!!! :)
I went there on Friday night and scored my much needed Tie Bomber. Thank you so much!!!
I also pick up a lone Mon Calamari officer that I needed. Still trying to catch up from my dark times I expierienced.

I told my friend to go there(WM in Bloomingdale) to get thhem but as of Sunday afternoon he said they were all gone. Hope you guys got them and not some slimy scalpers!!!

THIS board does WORK!!!!

skyywalkerr
04-29-2002, 12:35 AM
Indiana, Do you have Holo Sidious, Queen Asension Gun and any Expanded Universe figs? All I have ar Thrawn and Sentinel. A bunch of my figures got stolen last year by my so called friend...long story. Also Motti and Leia commtech, and R2 and Threepio with a slide. oh, and Zuckuss and Piett...I thin that is all, but I will let you know LOL

Darth Pen
04-29-2002, 12:49 AM
Weekend action:

I have had some computer difficulty plus had to work all weekend so hunting and posting was limited but here goes.

I work near Fox Valley mall in Aurora, so I keep close tabs on that area.

Obi-Wan lightsaber found at Wal-Mart on Rt 59 across from FV mall and at the Kay-Bee in the mall.

Meijers( Bolingbrook and Naperville) and K-Mart by Louis Joliet Mall:DON'T BOTHER !!!! Little or no figs at all!!!! What a let down!!!:(

I don't think anyone knows the Target on Rt 59 and 127th (Plainfield, I believe)exists yet. Never crowded and always decent amonuts of product. I scored a Dexter with background there today. Had Clone troopers,Dexters, and Geonosian warriors in good amounts.

For some reason Ani HD(ARRGGHH!!! Horrible fig!!) is plentiful at WM 's on RT.53(near Butterfield and Bolingbrook one) and also found a few Yodas too.

Other than that got a Tie Bomber at WM on Army Trail Rd.

I also was scheduled to go to the celebration but due to both parents being ill and hosptialized I won't be able to make it. I thought maybe I could do at least 1 day but it isn't gonna work out. If anyone can help me out with some of the exclusive merch, I would greatly appreciate it. What i need is:
1 Jorg Scaul for me.
1 Jorg Scaul for my brother who can't go as well
1 GL select poster that I seen on the list
1 convention program

and an odd request, I seen they are having a books from around the world grab bin. I am studing Japanese and if they had any Japanese books that would be awesome.

I 'll work you a little something extra on the price of anything you can get me and an willing to pay $20 bucks on the figure.

If anyone can help me out let me know at dlatham128@hotmail.com or darkpen15@yahoo.com

Thanks,
and MTFBWY!!!

Jedi Teacher
04-29-2002, 08:15 AM
I went to the Kane County toy show this weekend. I picked up 2 Dookus for $15 each. (A little pricey, I know--but some other scalper was selling them for $30 each!!!! Now that I have all 27 figs, I can relax until the next wave is released!)

INDIANA--please restart this thread on June 1st. I like the idea.

I got my SSG celebration badge, so I hope to see some of you there this weekend!

INDIANA
04-29-2002, 09:45 AM
skyywalkerr, will look and let you know.

icatch9
04-29-2002, 09:48 AM
Hey Indiana good idea about the new thread.

I had a great time at ST. Charles. Got some real good deals.

Scored a MIMB POTF2 Millenum Falcon for $25.00. Got a vintage B Wing (missing the canape, and two wings) for $5.00. And I got some other parts for my vintage Y Wing. I got a few loose figures for a good price, and other stuff. But, the deal of the day was the Vintage Millenum Falcon I found in a garbage Can. Yep, that's righ it was just sitting on top of one of those rusty garbage cans. It wasn't complete or anything. It did have the large back covering and all it's side panels and landing gere. Then I went to a guy selling parts and got the canape and bottom hatch for a dollar each. So, not to bad.

I thought it was a great show. A little windy, but not to bad. Could of spent more money, but I was only going to get things that I thought were a great deal.

Funny thing was I found a Snowspeeder at the WM just down the road from the fair grounds. Didn't get it though. I already have one. I am sure it wasn't there at the end of the day:)

Nothing new in the saga line. Still missing Dooku, Taun We, and Luminara (sp?). I am sure in a few days or weeks, we'll all have tons of them.

skyywalkerr
04-29-2002, 10:17 AM
icatch, if I can find any of those figs I will picke them up for you and we can meet up Wednesday night or something. I hve een thm a lot down jus south of you

icatch9
04-29-2002, 11:51 AM
Skyywalker,

Sure, sounds good. Don't think I got anything going on Wednesday. Anything I can help you find? Just let me know.

skyywalkerr
04-29-2002, 01:21 PM
The only thing that is out that i don't have is Dooku. And if the Bespin wave shows up...but we'll see. I am gonna concentrate on filling the holes in my vintage/POTF2 collection at the convention...I only need a few things after the luck I have had recently! Now if I could find an R2 with a launching lightsaber or Awing (both vintage) on the very cheap...<maniacal cackling laughter>

icatch9
04-29-2002, 01:28 PM
If your talking about the Flash Back Photo R2 w/ launching saber then you should be able to get that for under $5.00. If you mean the vintage then who knows, probally under $50.00 w/out the saber. Never had to buy one, still have mine from when I was a kid (have the droids cartoon one too). An A Wing is something I'm after too, but I won't pay to much for it. I saw a Vintage one in box for $500.00 this weekend at St. Charles (but the dude, was over priced).

I'm not to worried about Dooku, he will show up. The Bespin Luke wave will be easy to find too. I've seen the case assortments here on SSG, and there are a couple of boxes that have him and Vader 4 to a case.

Darth Pen
04-29-2002, 08:28 PM
Hey guys,

I was just at Wal-Mart on Rt.53 in Bolingbrook and they had the Taun We wave. They had plenty of Taun We's,Royal Guards,Luminara's and even a few Anakin Hanger Duel's.

This was around 7:30ish.

Happy Hunting!!!!!

skyywalkerr
05-01-2002, 09:11 AM
anyone arranging a meeting up or anything at C2?

icatch9
05-01-2002, 10:27 AM
Sounds like a good idea, but it's going to be hard. We all want to go and do different things. I wouldn't want to make anyone miss out on anything just to meet up. If you have your SSG badge on all the time, then we will know who each other are. Still, if we can organize it, I'm down with it.

Jedi Teacher
05-01-2002, 12:09 PM
Count me in too!

Flembar
05-03-2002, 09:27 AM
Hello all... I am sitting here somehwat freaked that today the Celebration 2 begins (I cant go--good friend's wedding) and I dont have a Jorge Sacul figure secured.

Is there anyone from the chicago area who is going this weekend that would be willing to pick me up a figure? Obviously, I will pay you for it and I will be happy to include a finder's fee.

...OR... maybe you are going with a friend/significant other who doesnt really care about the figures but might still be willing to pick one up for a friendly and loyal chicago collector

The figures are going for $10.00 each (you are allowed to buy two per day)... how about another $15-$20 as a finder's fee? If at all possible, Ill get you the money today (fyi.... Im on the NW side of the city)

I only want one and I dont really care that much about the condition of the card because Ill open it anyway.

these figures are already going for ridiculous amounts on eBay and I suspect it will be near impossible (or just really expensive) to pick these up after this weekend.

If anyone is willing to help you will have my unending gratitude and thanks.

please email me at yoyoma87@hotmail.com

...but... if no one is able--oh well. I still dont have a vintage yak-face either and somehow how I manage to get by...

thanks in advance!!!!

peace out

-Rash Flembar-

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Darth Pen
05-04-2002, 08:28 PM
Hey Guys,

For anyone not in INDY. I was just at the Downers Grove TRU and they had several cases of figs opened with a few Taun We's,Anakin HD's, Yodas, Royal Gaurds, and Luminara's. This was around 7:10ish!!!!

BTW, anyone having any luck winnig passes on Q101 or the Zone contests?

broctoon
05-05-2002, 02:21 PM
Just got back from the Glen Ellyn Wal-Mart. I almost didn't go over to the figures since I have all of the first 27, but I figured, 'what the hell, I'll just see what they have.' To my surprise I found a bunch of the new figs! I managed to pick up Endor Rebel Trooper, Bespin Vader, Orn Free Ta, Qui-Gon, and Final Battle Jango! The only figure I wish they would have had is the Bespin Luke- I'm am craving that figure sooo bad! But I can't complain, as these figures are really awesome (besides the Qui-Gon). I got one of each, and they had more except for Bespin Vader. I got the last one.

So keep an eye out in the area for the new figs.!

Flembar
05-06-2002, 03:58 PM
well... I know Ive been bugging everybody on this board about the exculusive figure but I was wondering if anyone was able to pick up any extras they would be willing to sell.

yeah yeah.... I know Ive been obnoxious about this but I figured I have to ask.

If so, please email me at yoyoma87@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

so how was the Celebration 2? better then the rainy disaster in Denver 3 years ago?

peace out.

-Rash Flembar-

Monolith
05-06-2002, 10:49 PM
Found the new Qui-Gon Jin wave in Michigan City tonight.

Flembar,
I do have an extra figure from the Celebration, however I am not seeking to scalp it like the rest of the e-bay hounds...I would prefer to trade it for some other rare figure(s). Ideally I would like to trade one straight-up for one of the exclusive Vader figures from the first Celebration. I also need some of the other hard to find Ep I & Commtech figures if anyone would be interested in trading.

skyywalkerr
05-06-2002, 10:57 PM
exclusive Vader from Celebration 1? Did I miss something?

Darth Pen
05-07-2002, 12:04 AM
I went to 3 Wal-marts today (Glen Eyllen,Bolingbrook, and Joliet) and scored a few figs. Where is Wheeeling? ( i live in Joliet)

Qui-Gon,OFT, and a few Endor troops. The Luminaras, Taun We's and Royal Guards are becoming plentiful finally. I also got some of the TV Guides with the AOTC covers. The Anakin and Obi-Wan one is the best!!!! Awesome,awesome job on that one. I did also score the Art of Episode II hardcover. I really love this book!

I'm shooting for the 12:01 AOTC showing at the AMC30 Cantera in Warrenville. I have also heard they have it on 1 screen in digital too. I'll let you guys know.

Me and my brother could not attend the C2 due to one parent in a nursing home and the other hopitalized. Does anyone have any of the following they are willing to sell or trade:
*1 Jorg S. for me and 1 for my bro ( we don't feel like getting raped without vasaline on ebay)

*The GL select poster that was supposed to be a con-only exlcusive, but I haven 't heard anything about it. ( the select pics were awesome!)

* A covention program

I am willing to pay cash or trade some figs
I have some extras of the new ones(Qui Gon, OFT, Endor Troops) or even some older ones like EU and Orange and green cards.
email me at dlatham128@hotmail.com or darkpen15@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Monolith
05-07-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by skyywalkerr
exclusive Vader from Celebration 1? Did I miss something?

Make that the 25th Anniversary Vader...when I saw one this weekend at the show I assumed it was from Celebration I. My mistake.

skyywalkerr
05-07-2002, 01:10 AM
ok, whew, that is what I thought, but these days you NEVER KNOW

Wolfwood319
05-07-2002, 08:26 PM
For those that missed them, the TRU on Golf in Shaumburg has about 30 Imperial officers and 30 Rebel Fleet troopers. They also have FX-7s, Decoy Queen, Zutton, Eeth Koth, and preview figures in mass supply.

Jedi Teacher
05-09-2002, 08:41 AM
My wife was able to find a 12" Mace Windu @ the KB in the Fox Valley mall yesterday. She said there were others still there.

Also, is anybody finding the Star WArs Playschool packs anywhere?

Darth Pen
05-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Hey Jedi Teacher,

I have seen them at K-marts. Mainly Joliet and Lockport.

Darth Pen
05-09-2002, 03:47 PM
I seen 12" Mace Windus at TRU outside Fox Valley around 7-7:30 last night.

Jedi Teacher
05-10-2002, 08:34 AM
Thanks Darth Pen!! I'll have to look this weekend.

skyywalkerr
05-11-2002, 09:47 PM
got the Luke Bespin with non painted stump...anyone know whre I can find a painted one?????

skyywalkerr
05-15-2002, 10:11 AM
The Target in Wheeling had the Dooku wave this morning. When I was there at 9:20 a.m. there were plentiful supplies. I got my two and left 4 on the pegs. They also had Luminara, Taun We, Royal Guard, Yoda, HangAr Anakin, etc. If I found them, then you know they are going to be out in force. So to speak!

skyywalkerr
05-18-2002, 03:32 PM
If you want a Dooku, just got to Target...just as I suspected, as soon as I find one, they pop up everywhere. Targets in Palatine, Schaumburg, Lake Zurich...good luck.

Darth Pen
05-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Hey guys,
Sorry I have been away but AOTC has consumed too much of my time.
Just got back from TRU and Joliet and it was a fruitful trip.
They were actually pretty clever and had cases and cases of figs on a cart by the AOTC section.

I scored the Bespin Luke(peg hand version),Bespin Vader, Final Battle Jango, Screamin' Mad Mace and the elusive Count Dooku. All case fresh. Alos got R2 with a backgound. Hadn't seen that before, but I like those nasty little catepillars.

So far most of these figs are terrible. I really was lookin forward to this batch especially after seing the movie several times.

Screamin' Mad Mace action arm IS AWFUL! The other hand has marks from the clear band on it. the saber's paint is also chipping off. And don't get me started on standing him up!
Jango Fett FB in't too bad just horrible stance. I like the action feature.
Dooku just sucks. Won't stand up, cape keeps falling off, slash feature has his torso almost seprated from lower half. SUCKS!!!

Haven't opened Vader or Luke yet but very frustrated after these few.

I also got the C2 figure poster but the only ones they had were ripped but I took one anyway.

Also got the little comic they were giving away.

I really enjoyed the movie. I got a hold of a bootleg of it Tues. and went several times on Thur to see it. (AMC Cantera on midnight and digital in Schaumbug)
If you get the chance see it in digital.
Brighter and more defined and the sound is incredible(SONIC CHARGES!!!!!) I just can't say enough good things about it!!!

Darth Pen
05-19-2002, 04:53 PM
Sorry I can't type!!!! TRU in Joliet @ 4PM!!!!

matt_ox
05-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Hey everyone-
I was wondering if you guys have seen any at-st's around lately. I'm up north in gurnee ad i was wondering if there were any in the area. Thanks a lot.

skyywalkerr
05-23-2002, 07:47 PM
anyone know anything about if the toys r us here got the posters?

INDIANA
05-24-2002, 11:26 AM
I found the Palpatine/Djas wave at Wal-Mart in Forest Park yesterday. There's no Orn Free Taa or Massifs in the case, replaced by Dexter and Geonosian Warriors. They had more this morning (about 10 each). Took me forever to find a Djas that didn't have a screwed up shoulder.

Skyywalkerr.....where's the $10? It's been 3 weeks and 2 excuses....

skyywalkerr
05-24-2002, 02:31 PM
Indiana...it was sent out over a week ago...I assumed you had recieved it since I had not heard from you. Hmmmm. Time to call my bank I guess, but I will send out another check today. Sorry for any problems, but apparently you already have bad feelings from your post

INDIANA
05-25-2002, 08:45 PM
No, no bad feelings. I think I have been patient. I did not call or e-mail or ortherwise bother you. You gave me a good reason why it was taking longer so I waited. As of today (Saturday) I have not recieved anything. As soon as I get an payment I will let everyone here know the transaction was completed fairly.

I have recieved about 4 e-mails asking me to pick up the Palpatine pair. I'm sorry, but I don't feel comfortable doing this. Unfortunately, when I have entered into deals like this in the past, I all too quickly become a "supplier". In almost every case, I am always finding stuff first and sending it out to others at cost with no recipication (no one ever finds me stuff....I'm always the one hunting). The LAST time, which is when I swore I wouldn't do that anymore, I picked up the (strange coincidence skyywalkerr) the Holo-Sidious/Naboo Royal Guard wave for someone I was "hunting" with at HIS store a morning and time he told me HE was there!!! I have no hard feelings towards anyone, skywalkerr seems a really nice guy who wants to get together with other Illinois forum members...I think that's a great idea. I'm sorry, but my motto has been "once bitten, twice shy" for a while now. I'll GLADLY give you all a "heads - up" when and where I find something, but personal requests for me to go shopping will need to be past on.

INDIANA
05-25-2002, 09:19 PM
I do hope I don't come off as being a jerk. I'm really not. You just get to the point where you get tired of people taking advantage of you. I am still, fortunately or unfortunately, one of these people who STILL trusts others first. The problem is, lately I've just been getting it thrown back in my face and I'm just at the point where I've had it with everyone. I am still sane enough to realize when I have done somthing wrong....

I should not have brought up the deal with Skyywalkerr here in the forums. I have met him, he seems a nice guy, and I'm sure the entire deal is just some screwy mix up. I do not want to "poison" any of you here from possibly making a deal with him in the future. I, myself, would deal with him again if given the opportunity. I appologize to Skyywalkerr if any negative reactions are felt.

If any of you really do have a hard time finding something, go ahead and e-mail me, I'll be happy to help. Just PLEASE do not expect me to assemble "care packages" to everyone as soon as I see new figures. Give it some time and you WILL be able to find everything. If you are having trouble (I think Orn Free Taa and Massif may be tricky) let me know.

Now that you all think I'm a complete nut, I'll be saying goodbye.

skyywalkerr
05-26-2002, 10:35 AM
I appreciate that Indiana :)

icatch9
05-27-2002, 01:22 AM
I can give both Indiana and skkywalker to good votes of confidence. They are nice guys. I can understand what you go through Indiana, I mean with being a shopper for hire (though your not even makeing any money). I choose not to do this for your reasons too. I have in the past bought some things for people who live over seas, but thats it. I feel sorry for them since they don't have the oppertunities we do.

I too would deal with these two again and I hope to. I have been apsent recently from this forum, for no real reason. I haven't really had much to report. I hope that we can set up another meet and great sometime soon. Hopefully with more participants now that the weather is a bit nicer.

Unitl next time.............

KIDD
05-29-2002, 08:25 PM
i dont know what indiana is talking about ornfre taa and massiff are hard to find ive seen them hitting all the stores and yeah i to seem to be finding all the new figs before anyone else if anyone needs a certain figure dont hesitate to ask.Skywalkerr will vouch for me finding all the new figs early i gave him a djas puhr and a palpatine because im not a greedy collector i like to help my fellow collectors

KIDD
05-29-2002, 08:27 PM
oh yeah kb toys in the harlem & irving plaza has the orn ta fre wave and djas puhr and palpatine heads up and good luck hunting the plaza is on harlem ave. and irving park ave. in norridge

skyywalkerr
05-30-2002, 12:15 PM
It's true...Kidd gave me a couple. And I still havent opened Palpatine, by the way Kidd. Thought you would want to know. I am showing amazing (for me) restraint :) Also, I just got interviewed for a documentary on SW collecting. The guy is gonna try to get me a copy of it on QuickTime format so I will let you know when I know guys.

INDIANA
05-30-2002, 04:53 PM
Orn Free Taa and the Massif are not in the case assortment that Palpatine and Djas are comming in and I thought that maybe they would become difficult for some people to find. I'm happy to hear KIDD is finding them in good numbers and offering to supply all who need them. There really should be more collectors out there with his good will and less of the scalper garbage we seem to be hearing about in greater numbers.

Skyywalkerr, I recieved your envelope on Tuesday. I haven't had a chance to post here or e-mail you to let you know. Thank You.

A few questions for you all. Skyywalkerr, I saw on Rebelscum forums you promoting Federations Toys in Hoffman Estates. Do you still give them full "thumbs up" here and has anyone else had any dealings with them? Are they getting new items before retail? Do they have a store I can drive to and pick up new figures as they get them? Prices good? Has anyone had any problems with Kebco?

I will be out-of-town this weekend. We mentioned earlier that we would start this thread for Chicago Summer in June. Could one of you other forum members please remember to do that? The next 3 months should be great....new deluxe, the Clone drop ship, maybe 10 more figures, the Acklay....should be a lot of fun hunting these things down! The last 2 months have been really great and a lot of fun for collectors too! Sadly, we will probably only have that type of experience only once more when E3 comes out. Only 35 months to go !!!

Have a great weekend all !!!

moffbunkaroo
05-30-2002, 05:41 PM
After hearing many people report there were no Orn Free Taa's or Massiffs in the Palpatine case, I e-mailed New Force asking what was up, considering their presell listing listed 2 each of all 4 figures from the massiff wave.

They replied saying that the case ending in A (8486101A) has Dexter and the first Geonosian, while the case ending in B (8486101B) should have Qui-Gon Jinn x 2, Rebel Officer x 2, Mastiff/Astro x 2, Orn Free Ta x 2
Chancellor Palpatine x 2, Djas Puhr x 2. They said they specifically avoided the A case because of the different pack out. So I assume that means the B case could be hitting some places but not others.

Anyone keeping track of the specific case #'s they've seen?

INDIANA
05-30-2002, 09:20 PM
Excellent information! I did indeed see the 1001A case. This will sure clear up some confusion! Now I hope the stores sell through a lot of these peg warmers to make room for new cases of figures.

What did you guys think of the new Target exclusives? I have to admit I'm on the fence. I think the price point will decide it for me. If Target charges $14.99 like they did for the deluxe...I'll wait for clearance. $9.99 seems a tad high for re-packed figures, but exceptable. $7.99 would be great....I'll keep dreaming.

KIDD
05-30-2002, 11:50 PM
Jim over at www.federationtoys.com is definetly a great guy to deal with he helped me get all the first figures before midnight madness and his prices are very reasonable and hes not getting the cases before retail because hasbro ships to walmart and toys r us first because theyu buy in bigger quantities but he has some good deals so if anyone needs somethind in particular just give jim a call and tell him tony told u to call and he will hook u up his # is 847-812-1847

KIDD
05-30-2002, 11:52 PM
if anyone needs anything u can give me a call 773-616-5186 but no calls after 10:00 pm m-f thanks Tony

icatch9
05-31-2002, 07:52 AM
So, is this Federation Toys a store or what? I see on the websit it's a vertual store, wich tells me it's just a guy in his basement. That's cool, but I'd love to go to a store that has a ton of this stuff.

INDIANA
05-31-2002, 08:31 AM
Jim from Federation Toys called me last night. He seems like a really nice guy who knows his stuff. He said they were working on getting a store-front, now they are just on the net. He said he would give me a call when he gets new stuff in and arrange to pick the stuff up! Seems like we could get decent prices, new stuff early, and not need to pay shipping! Sounds GREAT!!

Wal-Mart and TRU are getting stuff early now because Star Wars is hot. Give it a few months and the e-tailers (like JIM) will be getting the stuff first again.

Remember, retailers need to sell through their current stock before getting in those new figures for us to buy!!

moffbunkaroo
05-31-2002, 09:24 AM
In regards to the Target accessory packs, I too am on the fence...falling towards the don't want side. Seems like another opportunity Hasbro could have done better, but didn't.

The Hoth set is pretty much a loss-I could make that figure myself. It would have been nice to have least have a unique paint job.

The Endor set was a perfect opportunity to give us more clean Scout Troopers, but instead we get more dirty ones. The Ewok drum set is kind of cool, and the Ednor Soldier helmets will be good for custom Luke and Leia figures from Endor, but still not a slam dunk.

The Death Star set-another disappointment. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like the DS Trooper still has the goofy leg pose. The white stormtrooper belt with a possibly usable holster is a definite plus though.

The Arena set-a perfect opportunity to give us a Geonosian sonic blaster, but no dice. The battle droid looks flimsy too. Hopefully this won't be the only brown droid we get.

As Indiana said, price will be a big factor on these. Obviously, if you never got a chance to get the DS Trooper or Scout Tropper, these sets are great. I have a couple of each so that's not much incentive for me. Anything above 9.99 and they can sit there. Even that seems like a little much. One of the few times I can truly say it won't bother me if I don't get these...

Just my 2 cents.

Flembar
05-31-2002, 10:59 AM
for what its worth.... I love the new accessory sets... I loved the EP1 sets.... and going all the way back to those first sets --ESB was it?--20 years ago with extra guns and backpacks and stuff

I just like having extra doo-dads and weapons for the figures and even the included reissues of old figures is OK by me.... the death star set not only has the hard to find DS trooper but a mouse droid and interogation droid as I recall.... pretty cool in my opinion

Ive always thought the impossible to find hyperdrive repair kit that fits in the queen's starship was the coolest theyve made.... but I like the new ones too

I just like all the extra little gadgets and stuff. i dont know about the rest of you, but I need extras for all the weapons I lose

my 2 cents....

-Flembar-

KIDD
05-31-2002, 04:09 PM
I THINK THE NEW ACCESORY PACKS ARE OK THE ONLY THING THAT I DONT LIKE IS THAT THEY ARE TARGET EXCLUSIVES,BECAUSE TARGET NEVER HAS $HIT ITS ALWAYS HARD TO FIND STUFF THERE

KIDD
06-02-2002, 08:32 PM
the walmart on touhy in niles had faint signs of the palpatine wave i asked one of the workers and he said they had them early monday morning. target on touhy in niles didnt have anything good but i did get the dooku light sabre pen today.