PDA

View Full Version : Tron Red Light Cycle?

icatch9
03-25-2002, 11:30 AM
I know this is a Star Wars site, but I just had a question with no where else to look. I am sure many of you have seen the movie Tron, and more of you have seen the Amok Toys banner that is one of Sir Steve’s sponsors. A good site I am sure, but I have never actually bought anything from them. Anyway, the 20th of Tron is this year, and they are having collector edition toys. I have only been able to find these at Suncost in the mall. Amok said they have an exclusive Red Light Cycle that is only available through them in a limited number of 1500. However, I found one this weekend at Suncost. From what I can tell they are the same, except mine is number 1089 out of 5000. Can anyone shed any light on this subject for me? I did email Amok and ask them, so I will see what kind of response I get from them.

Thanks everyone.

JediTricks
03-25-2002, 09:51 PM
We've seen several folks complain about this, me included. My local Suncoasts have over a dozen of these each store, some of them have numbers well over 2,000 out of 5,000. Clearly, there are shenanigans afoot, I cannot wait to see what Amok Time tells you about this.

LTBasker
03-25-2002, 11:28 PM
"Well err gee we didn't know... that's what we heard from the employee when getting the cases out of the shipment truck..."

icatch9
03-26-2002, 09:22 AM
Well if this is a "snafu" then I am sure Amok is pretty upset. I don't expect much of a reply from them, but I am glad that I am not the only one who found this. I'm also glad I'm not the only one who likes Tron :) Thanks for the imput guys, I will post any info I get from Amok, but don't hold your breath. :happy:

JediTricks
03-27-2002, 03:35 AM
Somehow, I don't think Amok is sweating the problem, they are making mucho bank on these on ebay, it's a real shame.

Yeah, there are a few TRON fans on this board, I think Thrawn posted a Just Found thread about his experience with the re-released figures and the DVD.

icatch9
03-27-2002, 09:55 AM
I didn't think that amok would sell thier things on ebay like that. Hell, I don't care it's good business. I do it too. I am glad Tron lives on. It may not be the epic saga Star Wars is, but is't still really cool! I still have gotten no word from Amok. They probally don't give a crap like you said. I guess I don't either I just would like to unfold the myster. I mean if I found a Toy Fair Vader at a Mall store people would be going nuts. It's kind of like the same thing, just on another level. Oh well, thanks for the info.

stormie
03-27-2002, 01:07 PM
I ordered these from Amok about a month or so ago...believing the "exclusive" line from them. Then, about a week after I received them, I too saw these at Suncoast. I wasn't too mad about it - afterall, I got what I wanted - but I was a little frustrated that Amok would feed people the exclusive line just to get people to buy from them. Amok also sold them for about 5 bucks more than Suncoast, but, like I said, I was happy I at least got some more TRON toys. :)

Anybody pick up the TRON Kubricks? Talk about cool. Three lightcycles, a tank, a recognizer, and the first and only Yori figure! Pretty darn cool. :)

Thrawn
04-01-2002, 10:15 PM
TRON is my 2nd favorite movie of all-time.

I pre-ordered all the TRON 20th anniversary toys since I'm not sure if there is a Suncoast within 50 miles of here.

My Red Cycle had a way high number 4577/5000 - so I knew right away something was up. Evern if they went from 3500-5000, still doesn't make sense to start up there.