PDA

View Full Version : Argos returns Starfighters to Hasbro

gibbspaulus
03-25-2002, 12:10 PM
Uk retailer Argos has returned all of its Jedi Starfighters as they have Quality COntrol issues about the wings. They are not getting any in until HAsbro can ammend the problem.

UK buyers are stumped yet again!!!

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 01:06 PM
Sorry to hear about that!!! I've not had any trouble with mine... yet! :eek:

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2002, 01:10 PM
I love my Starfighter, but the right wing does have a tendency to pop off sometimes. Hey, I aint complaining though, because if it messes up I have another one in the box.
Nice avatar change, JediPartnr.

Jargo
03-25-2002, 03:15 PM
Yes it was the wings popping off that caused the recall. :D Now it looks like it'll be a further two to three weeks before these things start shipping to ARGOS again. Meanwhile various scalper stores up and down the land are taking advantage and creaming off the profits from overpriced sales of the starfighter. In fact I heard of one who is taking his next delivery straight from the states. So if you guys can't find one then chances are it's been scalped by some 'entrepeneur' from the UK. Life's funny really aint it.....? :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2002, 03:20 PM
I take it you never got one then, Jargo?

Jargo
03-25-2002, 04:57 PM
No. Well for one thing the prices are ridiculous and for another I'm not really enthralled with the starfighter. You guys are welcome to them. I'm going to wait until the release of the speeders and the beasties in either May or June. The starfighter looks too much like the A-wing and I have an A-wing already. In fact I was thinking of buying more A-wings while everyone goes nuts with the AOTC toys. Clean up on the older stuff.

And I hope you weren't inferring that I have anything to do with scalping young JangoFett96? heaven forfend! I buy from whoever has things in at the cheapest price. Which certainly isn't the scalpers that's for sure. :)