PDA

View Full Version : Trends of the prequel trilogy

DeadEye
03-25-2002, 11:17 AM
It's most likely that all three prequels will have the Duel of the Fates music in it...and they all have much more satisfying battles than the original trilogy...

But here's the big thing: I think all 3 prequels have a really awesome, butt-kicking villian that's overhyped and ends up getting a critical body part severed by a Jedi's lightsaber. (This is Darth Maul, who got cut in half in episode 1; and Jango Fett, who gets decapitated in Episode 2).

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 12:40 PM
don't forget the reported loss of Anakin's hand.

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2002, 12:42 PM
OK, can we please talk about something other than Jango's decapitation?
We will see it soon enough.
:cry:

DeadEye
03-25-2002, 01:00 PM
We'll probably hear about the decapitation for a very long time after the movie...since, for almost a year after episode 1, everyone always made fun of how Darth Maul got cut in half.

So technically, Anakin loses his hand/arm THREE times...
in episode 3 he loses his hand
in Splinter of the Mind's Eye he lost his whole arm
in ESB his robot arm was injured, and was repaired in Shadows of the Empire...
and in ROTJ his robot hand was cut off

2-1B
03-25-2002, 01:03 PM
Someone should start a "countdown to Jango's beheading" thread just to mess with JF96 :D :D :D

I agree with your point about the bad guys, but I think it's gonna get better with this film. Jango will be discarded, no loss there, but the Count will remain until the next film. Overall I think Dooku is gonna be the coolest villain, and then Darth Vader will take his place. So there will be better flow between AOTC and Episode III.

However, Ricky McC said they are casting a new bad guy for Episode III . . . I wonder what route that will take . . .

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Someone should start a "countdown to Jango's beheading" thread just to mess with JF96 :D :D :D
Yes, that would be just lovely....sigh

DeadEye
03-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Well, the new bad guy will follow the same route as the other two bad guys--he'll kill ONE person, be really cool, and get killed/dismembered by a lightsaber.

(Darth Maul only killed Qui-Gon; Jango only kills Zam Wesell,...well, he kills a Reek ;))

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 03:12 PM
Being cast as a Sith Witch is...

*SPOILER*

Martha Stewart... She's already lost her mind... so she's gonna come ready for it!

Gotcha... ;) :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2002, 03:30 PM
LOL JediPartnr!!
You are too much!!
I can see Martha in SW. Wearing all black, doing a TV show on "The Sith Network."
She could do a segment called "Sprucing up that plain lightsaber."
I can see it now.

Jargo
03-25-2002, 03:32 PM
And martha stewart would be............?

I find it kind of strange and worrying that Lucas seems fixated on the severing of limbs.

Anakin loses his arm, Zam loses her arm, Jango loses his head, Ponda Baba loses an arm, Luke loses a hand, The spirit Vader/Luke loses its head, Vader loses his hand.

Then there's the slicing in half of Ben and Maul and various skiff guards. Not to mention the death toll on Geonosis.

Which brings me back to my question about the total death toll tally in the star wars saga so far. If you forget the death stars and Alderaan, how many deaths are there in star wars? Is george Lucas sick in the head and death fixated? Does anyone give a monkey's? :D

Lord Tenebrous
03-25-2002, 03:43 PM
I dunno, I think Maul was better than Jango Fett. At least Maul was physical, as opposed to Fett using every mechanical weapon he has, leaving nothing for his "son" to use in the OT...

Rollo Tomassi
03-25-2002, 03:53 PM
Threepio keeps coming apart, too.

Speaking of Duel of the Fates and satisfying battles, Nick Gillard wanted to do the Maul/Obi Wan/Qui Gon battle and the Maul/Obi Wan fight at the end totally kickass, but George told him to tone it down, so the battles in the next two (and the battle between Anakin and Obi Wan in III in particular) would look AWESOME.

LTBasker
03-25-2002, 04:35 PM
I hope Fett firing a rocket from his pack in ESB or ROTJ isn't add to the DVDs if they ever come out... :rolleyes: I never heard of it being in a cutscene, but since Jango does it with his pack.... 'Course Jango has two packs, maybe one is just for rocket firing on certain missions.

DeadEye
03-25-2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah. The death count is really catastrophic...I had at one point counted for a couple of movies...

Counting all the guys that got blasted and X-wings and TIE fighters that were shot down, I'm pretty sure ANH was about 53...and I think ROTJ was something like 86. Not quite sure.

Not all that many people really die in ESB (besides countless stormtroopers :)...you can never kill enough of them)...a lot of snowspeeders were shot down in the snow battle, but it's possible that many of the pilots escaped the same way Luke did.

And only a few people DEFINITELY died in TPM--Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, two Naboo soldiers that got shot, and exactly five Naboo starfighters were blown up. I'm not counting the podracers, because the podrace wasn't a battle, per se, and some of the racers probably survived. Sebulba's crash was the most violent of all, and he survived.

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 10:27 PM
So then Martha Stewart's apprentice would be Lorena Bobbitt! She could be another "member" of the order! Bwaaaahahahaha!!! :crazed:

LTBasker
03-25-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Yeah. The death count is really catastrophic...I had at one point counted for a couple of movies...

Don't forget all those people on the 1st and 2nd Death Star, the peeps in the Mon Calamari Cruiser - Liberty and the people left on Hoth, not too mention casualties on the Star Destroyers when they crashed into each other in case any consoles blew up ala Trek style, and then of course the droid slaughters on Bespin by Stormtroopers, and the escape pods from the Rebel Blockade Runner which the Star Destroyer blew up the ones with life-forms on them. :cool:

2-1B
03-25-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
So then Martha Stewart's apprentice would be Lorena Bobbitt!

Yeah, that would make us forget those beheadings and limb severings pretty darn quickly ! :crazed:

DeadEye
03-26-2002, 10:15 AM
Yeah, but I was only counting the people that you actually saw get killed...but technically I'm missing a few...because you could tell that Tarkin got blown up, but if I counted him I'd have to count a couple thousand people, plus a few billion from Alderaan...

2-1B
04-19-2003, 03:12 AM
DeadEye,
you've made some good points about the "expendable badguy" theory, but I think they have moved it up a bit for E3 with Durge - The Ultimate Suke. :crazed:

Really, as goofy as Durge sounds I'd rather they get it out of the way in between films . . . and just leave E3 to Dooku/ Ani / Palpatine. Still, the idea that McCallum said they have to cast another villain is disturbing. I hope he was just referring to someone like Tarkin and not another action oriented character.

Anakin2121
04-19-2003, 09:04 AM
"Suke"? :confused:

Caesar, those are some good points...but from the pictures I've seen of Durge (an armored, gun-clad behemoth) I'd say he's another action-oriented two-bit villain. He probably gets killed in Ep3 if he appears in it, unless he's a Clone Wars-exclusive villain, like Xizor in Shadows of the Empire.

Darth Spectre
05-08-2003, 12:00 AM
The only villians in EP III should be Dooku, Palpatine and Anakin by the end...anything else will clutter a movie that already has lots to do in only 2.5 hrs of screen time.