PDA

View Full Version : Clonetrooper (and the rests?) gun

PloKoon2385
03-25-2002, 08:01 PM
I was playing around with my clone trooper today and I accidentally held it up to the light. When I did, I noticed that the clone troopers gun was clear blue plastic, only painted black. This is unusual isn't it? Are all of the preview figs like that? Only one of my clone troopers was like that, it probably had a thicker coat of paint. Just thought it was interesting.

browndroid
03-25-2002, 09:26 PM
hmm interesting indeed

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 09:31 PM
Someone said they discovered that after the little (little??) blast effect wore the paint off of the end. Hasbro... :frus:

JediTricks
03-25-2002, 09:39 PM
I mentioned that in my review of the clone trooper from a few weeks ago. I don't think this is the case with Zam's or Jango's weapons though, so perhaps it's just an issue with the thicker weapon on the Clone trooper. In any case, it's more of the same ol' problem, gumby guns, but if the paint starts coming off the accessories more, it'll be a new problem.

LTBasker
03-25-2002, 10:22 PM
Kitbashed gun prop, bad effect, bad paint and who the heck decided to give Zam waist articulation and then connect both the waist and torso together by a piece of plastic on the front rendering the articulation joint USELESS when the Clone Trooper would've been a perfect candidate for it should be drug out and buried in bended Zam rifles. :p

pthfnder89
03-26-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Kitbashed gun prop, bad effect, bad paint and who the heck decided to give Zam waist articulation and then connect both the waist and torso together by a piece of plastic on the front rendering the articulation joint USELESS when the Clone Trooper would've been a perfect candidate for it should be drug out and buried in bended Zam rifles. :p

Yeah, I picked up the droid and Zam at Wal-Mart the other day and I'm still scratching my head about some of the choices they made with her. You can barely turn her head to look in the same direction that she holds her rifle because of the scarf. The upper half of her body is excellent compared to her abhorrent legs and waist.

It's like the Aurra Sing fig; who the hell made the decision to give her those wierd v-jointed legs, and take away her waist movement?:rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 03:13 PM
Zam is a very strange sculpt indeed, but the 2nd version will have more articulation. Plus we get to see her face w/the removable veil. Shes a cutie under there!!
Beautiful, yet deadly.

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Beautiful, yet deadly.

And flat-out dead. :D

I can't wait for the 2nd Zam, I'm pretty peeved though that we get Zam's speeder on the 23rd but have to wait until after the movie to get a Zam that can pilot it. :frus:

Unit-01
03-26-2002, 04:35 PM
But look at the 2nd one's legs. One looks like she broke it. But I'll probably get her anyways unless a cooler one comes out after that.

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 04:38 PM
I hope her left arm is multy-poseable cause it looks like she's taking a very sad try at punching someone. :p

JediTricks
03-27-2002, 03:07 AM
Basker, the "skirt" piece that keeps the waist articulation from moving can easily be unplugged from the upper torso, rendering the full range of motion to this preview figure's waist.

pthfnder89
03-27-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Basker, the "skirt" piece that keeps the waist articulation from moving can easily be unplugged from the upper torso, rendering the full range of motion to this preview figure's waist.

That's true, and the tubes aren't really that annoying. I just don't get why they couldn't have sculpted that piece so that it's molded to the torso in one piece and just hangs down. That way you wouldn't have to disconnect it and it should interfere with the waist.

JediTricks
03-27-2002, 10:22 PM
I think it's painfully obvious that Hasbro's new motto is "form over function".

pthfnder89
03-28-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I think it's painfully obvious that Hasbro's new motto is "form over function".

True, but I wish that meant that the "form" at least looked good. But with figures like Zam, parts of her still look terrible.:p (though to be honest, I do like most of the figure a lot)

McFarlane toys are complete CRAP but at least they always look good.

Wolfwood319
03-28-2002, 12:21 PM
Also, has anyone taken the little clear rubberbands of Jango's hands/guns and then tried to have him hold his guns? He can't! I took off one rubber band and when I noticed the trouble he had, left the other one on. These little guns are hard for the figures to hold.

PloKoon2385
03-28-2002, 05:04 PM
Hmm... My Jango can hold his guns fine. It's the Zam that has holding problems.... ugh!