PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Jedi Starfight for Sale?

browndroid
03-25-2002, 08:35 PM
hey, i just bought the aotc jedi starfighter at walmart...i didnt even know that it was for sale!

browndroid
03-25-2002, 09:02 PM
hmmm it appears others have found them too, must not be that rare...well might as well tell ya that i found it in sierra vista az..not like anyone else lives here...

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 09:30 PM
It's been out for like a week and a half... but good luck finding it. I got mine last Monday and it is SWEET!!!

Glad YOU got one as well.

GeneralKenobi
03-25-2002, 10:55 PM
I have found a few here in Georgia this past week. I have found them mostly at Wal-marts though...

Tycho
03-26-2002, 06:30 AM
I got it at K-mart where it is $2 more than Wal*Mart I believe. I just couldn't wait... It was $22.99 before tax.

Now that I have it, I'm not too impressed. It looks cool in front of my old Slave-1, that's about it.

But I totally dig the A-wing, the closest to the Starfighter by comparison, a LOT more than I like Obi-Wan's ship.

You guys that have them: does this ship "do anything for you?"

It's so darn lightweight in the box, that I'm expecting the shipping and packaging costs were really low on this one, and we will eventually see this selling for $9.99 like we saw done with the N-1, which is much more a quality vehicle.

I'm looking forward to Slave-One's "new do" most this year.

The Jedi Starfighter is boring next to allowing rabid fans like myself have something to waste their money on before April 23.

But one more thing to its credit - it's nicely painted for the deco done on it even before stickers are applied.

And to its detriment: I tried to seat Snowbi-Wan in the ship, and his coat skirts were pliable enough to sort of stretch it with flexibility, but the leg room was too short! I'm NOT talking about it not being wide enough. Snobi-Wan has a wide enough stance. I'm saying the figure's legs are too long. He is just barely too tall for this craft. So what is going on?

This craft will sit and not sell, starting early negative feedback off to hurt the line, and April 23 will provide us with no pilot either, if Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan doesn't somehow fit in this vehicle. I'm optimistically guessing he does...but even if so, there are not a lot of figures I think you can use with this craft. Bespin Escape Leia for sure - and for whatever good that will do ya...

Oh well. I have a return receipt to switch with one I get for a lower price later... *sigh*

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 08:26 AM
I really like the Starfighter. Its a nice design and it looks good. I think Hasbro did a good job on this one.
I only have 2 complaints about the vehicle: the lack of a pilot figure to go with it, and the problem with the wings snapping off.
Several people have mentioned that the wings pop off too easily on the Starfighter. Mine is the same way. The right wing has a tendency to come off right after I attach it to the ship. After about 5-6 tries, it usually stays on but only if I set it down on my desk.
I have tried just about every Obi-Wan figure I own to put in the cockpit but have had no success. Maybe Hasbro will re-think its marketing and release the Obi-Wan pilot figure early. What is the point of not releasing the figure in April? Its no spoiler that he flies the ship and wears the headpiece. Come on Hasbro, give us a figure to go with the ship.
But all in all I am happy with the Starfighter and am glad to add it to the collection.

pthfnder89
04-01-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
I really like the Starfighter. Its a nice design and it looks good. I think Hasbro did a good job on this one.
I only have 2 complaints about the vehicle: the lack of a pilot figure to go with it, and the problem with the wings snapping off.
Several people have mentioned that the wings pop off too easily on the Starfighter. Mine is the same way. The right wing has a tendency to come off right after I attach it to the ship. After about 5-6 tries, it usually stays on but only if I set it down on my desk.

I had thios problem for a moment too, but it seemed to go away. I took the missiles out and just re-set them back in and after that the wings stay on very well. I LOVE this vehicle though. It's the perfect example of what Hasbro can do right when they try; I just hope the rest of the vehicles fair this well. If Zam/Anakins speeders are anything as bad as the EP1 Naboo Speeder I think I'll cry..:cry: