PDA

View Full Version : Where's Rune?

Battle Droid
03-25-2002, 10:33 PM
I figured he'd be with Nute.

Also does Nute get killed in Ep2? I heard he gets caught on fire, but that may just be a rumor.

2-1B
03-26-2002, 12:02 AM
I also heard that Nute gets ignited, possibly by Jango's errant flamethrower. I doubt that gown he wears is fire retardant. Is that scene gonna be done seriously or for laughs? I hope they don't do it in a comedy sense, just let the audience enjoy his demise.

As for Rune, who knows? Maybe he was scared off by Panaka's menacing stare . . . and kissed his trade franchise goodbye. :crazed: Perhaps he doesn't share Nute's thirst for revenge?

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 12:21 AM
He's getting DNA splicing and he's really Ellors Madak from the Cantina! :eek: :sur:

j/k. :cool:

Battle Droid
03-26-2002, 12:34 AM
Hehehe, I liked Rune better than Nute.

2-1B
03-26-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Hehehe, I liked Rune better than Nute.

I always thought Nute was a jackass, but I kinda liked Rune. "Have you ever encountered a Jedi Knight before sir?" I guess it's similar to my affinity for Piett, only on a smaller scale. He's a bad guy, but he doesn't seem to mean evil . . . too much anyway :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 08:08 AM
I honestly can't tell them apart. A couple of rubber faced mooks with bad asian accents.

2-1B
03-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Weren't their accents supposed to sound Transylvanian? I don't recall where I heard that (a few years ago) but I can kinda hear it in Nute's voice but not Rune's . . . perhaps I'm delusional :stupid:

Jargo
03-26-2002, 01:46 PM
I liked Rune and Daultay Dofine the best. Nute is just pug ugly and boring. Lott Dod is much the same. Rune andd Daultay had character but I guess Lucas was looking for the dullest of the dullards when he picked which characters got to return. PAH! :mad:

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 01:51 PM
They had some Asian dialect. It may have been from Taihuan (Taiwan)... I think they said they stumbled upon the dialect while searching for voice talent for the foreign dubbed versions.

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 02:44 PM
When I first saw TPM when it would show inside the control room and Nute and Rune would talk, it always reminded me of a japanese dubbed sci-fi film.. :D

You can tell Rune is better than Nute just by looking at their figures! :rolleyes:

Something about Rune was just more entertaining, I guess because he actually used his head while Nute was just staying under Sidious' thumb.