PDA

View Full Version : Walmarts putting out Ep2 toys early.

swcollector
03-26-2002, 01:29 AM
If you really want the new EP2 figures now, keep checking your local walmarts. They seem to be putting it out early.

I Hit the Jackpot at a Northern CA Walmart today. I was able to pick up 15 Episode 2 Collection 2 figures. They also had the 12 inch EP2 figures, but I dont collect them, so I passed on them.

hope the info helps.

Battle Droid
03-26-2002, 01:31 AM
Damn! Lucky you.:)

2-1B
03-26-2002, 01:32 AM
I stopped at WM tonight to see if any LEGO sets leaked out, but I had no luck. This is the first report I've seen of figures being released early. What do you think of them? Which ones did you get?

GeneralKenobi
03-26-2002, 02:02 AM
Great news...I guess I'll have to start hunting the Wal-Marts around here for the new figs...maybe I'll get lucky.

swcollector
03-26-2002, 02:18 AM
I picked up

2 Boba Fetts
2 Plo Koon
2 Shaak Ti
3 Captain Typho
3 Female Tuskin Raiders
3 Battle Droids

I open one, and keep one carded. The rest I will use for trades.

The Figures look pretty good though.

Battle Droid
03-26-2002, 02:22 AM
So how is the Battle Droid with out knee articulation?

Does the head on yours stay on good?

CrossWizard
03-26-2002, 08:24 AM
Damn its true, last night after watching WWF, I went to Walmart as quickly as I read some of the messages here, and was happy and dissapointed at the same time. Happy cause indeed Epi 2 toys are out in some places but dissapointed that I only saw the 12 inch Trooper, and the 3 3/4 Battle Droid and Captain Typho.

darksol28
03-26-2002, 08:58 AM
I most of the legos so far. What is up with WM??? Oh well, my midnight madness wouldn't be as big.;)

CrossWizard
03-26-2002, 09:12 AM
The funny thing is that there was nothing, not a sign, not a banner or a poster that indicated Epi 2 toys were out, the 3-4 figures I saw were tucked in between the Power Rangers and those damn annoying bicycle/skateboard mini figures. Maybe it was just a screw up, but seeing as different stores from around the US have them, it seems that WM has decided to break street date, or maybe, just maybe Hasbro sent a memo stating that the toys can be sold.

Obi-Don
03-26-2002, 09:21 AM
I was at Wal-Mart Sunday and picked up the Bo-Shek wave. I didn't see any of the new stuff,but will go and look and let you all know what I find.

DeadEye
03-26-2002, 11:12 AM
Dang, you guys are lucky. My walmarts are crap...just a couple old Qui-Gons and Luke in bacta tank.

Jayspawn
03-26-2002, 11:26 AM
I picked up 12" Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker at Wal-Mart. Which is amazing because they havn't have anything in a long time.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by swcollector
If you really want the new EP2 figures now, keep checking your local walmarts. They seem to be putting it out early.

I Hit the Jackpot at a Northern CA Walmart today. I was able to pick up 15 Episode 2 Collection 2 figures. They also had the 12 inch EP2 figures, but I dont collect them, so I passed on them.

hope the info helps.

Yup it's true, I picked some up today at Wallyworld as well.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
I was at Wal-Mart Sunday and picked up the Bo-Shek wave. I didn't see any of the new stuff,but will go and look and let you all know what I find.

I'd rather have that wave than EP2 toys! :)

It's all about Classic Star Wars for me mostly! I will only be getting a few of the EP2 toys.

Starfig873
03-26-2002, 12:14 PM
Hmm, wonder if lucky OK Wal-Marts will make the same "mistake" :)

Guess I'll need to check it out...hee hee hee...

browndroid
03-26-2002, 12:21 PM
i found a jedi starfighter here at the walmart in SIERRA VISTA AZ, our walmart sucks! hell, we still havent gotten that last wave of potj!

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 01:16 PM
I'll be heading out to an area that, I feel, is an unlikely area for STAR WARS collectors. We'll see if they have anything there.

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Now I want to go on a run tonight. All this talk has gotten me geared up to go toy hunting.
Good luck on your mission tonight, JediPartnr. Let us know how it goes.
MTFBWY

2-1B
03-26-2002, 01:23 PM
The 12 inch figures are already out as well ? ? ? :cry:

Good luck to everyone !

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 01:27 PM
Yeah, they are starting to show up.
Just after I finally find the Jedi Starfighter after a week of hunting now I am off to find the 12 inchers. I wont rest until I have them.
Who needs sleep anyway.

Lord Tenebrous
03-26-2002, 06:19 PM
My Sightings:

Hasbro:

Jedi Starfighter (only one, really crushed box)

Lego:

Tusken Raider Encounter
Coruscant Speeders
Jango Fett
Slave 1

I didn't buy anything, Slave 1 was really tempting, but $50 was out of my weekly budget. It looks great though, so maybe I'll get it later on this summer.

Dar' Argol
03-26-2002, 06:48 PM
Wal-Mart has not decided to break the street date offically. What most likely happened his some blind idiot who works Toys overnight took the cases and set them out. Not knowing what SW or AOTC was and not seeing the huge "DO NOT SET UNTIL APRIL 23" that's on all sides of the box!!!!!! This is only isolated incedents. This is not a company wide thing. I think I remeber somthing like this happening for TPM as well. A few stores had idiots working 3rd shift and but out some cases of E1. If I remember correctly those stores were fined! I hope the same happens again. I know I will be at my store @ midnight setting the figs. So if anyone is near the Hanover, PA Supercenter on 4/23 and see's a long haired guy, say hi to Dar'Argol!!!!:D

sith_killer_99
03-26-2002, 10:42 PM
I just bought the EP2 Jedi Duel LEGO set at Wal-Mart.

This is the Yoda with lightsaber set!!!
;)

Jedi-Dalsa
03-27-2002, 03:27 AM
Hmmm! That's Odd? I Thought Hasbro had one of those gag orders on these action figures saying not to be put out until April 23, 2002? That's what I heard long ago that they were not to be out until then or they get Fined? So I wonder how in the world they are letting them go out now then? Man for all that is finding them now you are sure Lucky! Great Finds for you.

Oh by the way has any heard that Toys 'R' Us is Planning the Midnight Madness Again? I talked to my Toys Manager last Friday and they told me that they are indeed Planning the Midnight Opening Again as they did with Episode I back in 1999! So here I go again.

Unless I can get Lucky and find them out at some other store before that? Then I won't have to worry about the Crowd at the Midnight Madness if I could find them before this. Oh-Well, Lucky are Some But Only A Few! Until Next Time Boo-Hoo!

:)

pthfnder89
03-27-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
I just bought the EP2 Jedi Duel LEGO set at Wal-Mart.

This is the Yoda with lightsaber set!!!
;)

I also saw the Jedi Duel when I went by Wallyworld yesterday, blue card searching. I was sooooo tempted to buy it; I mean Count Dooku AND Yoda with a lightsaber?! I was also pretty impressed that Lego actually created a bent lightsaber for Dooku, instead of just using a regular saber handle. Very cool...

I envy those of you who collect the Lego SW sets. I'm just can't muster the interest in them to warrant how expensive they are. But I wish I could; Right now I could be having enormous battles set up from all the Legos they have out at Wal-Mart already.:(:(

bosskmr
03-28-2002, 11:22 AM
Well the Wal-Mart I go to has them however the Toy Dept. Manager knows better then to put them on the shelf.

GeneralKenobi
03-28-2002, 04:00 PM
I think the Wal-Marts around here are catching on as well...darn I love stupid stock people.

El Chuxter
03-08-2012, 03:19 PM
DeadEye, I misplaced my Luke w/ Bacta Tank. Can you pick up one from your local WM?