PDA

View Full Version : Have you sniffed the new mouse droid?

Pages : [1] 2

Tycho
03-26-2002, 12:54 AM
People snorting their action figures has been addressed before, but this new scent requires a whole new thread!

I refer you to an excellent olfactory sensation everyone should experience when opening the new R4M9 astro droid figure.

Like any action figure, you get a healthy whiff of "new plastic in the morning" when you smell the astrodroid.

However, when you sniff the new mouse droid - WoW! It's quite a sensation!

Yes, collectors comparing the scents of recently opened Death Star Droid MSE units and R4M9's companion should sound off here!

If you haven't had a whiff of this new kind of plastic, I suggest you try it!

It's like nothing you've ever smelled before!!!

GeneralKenobi
03-26-2002, 01:11 AM
Ok now I'm disturbed?

Battle Droid
03-26-2002, 01:25 AM
LOL

Jargo
03-26-2002, 05:24 AM
GET SOME THERAPY!!!!!!!! :crazed: :D

TeeEye7
03-26-2002, 06:48 AM
How do you hold the legs? :crazed:

Obi-Don
03-26-2002, 08:24 AM
I'm really worried about you Tycho.:eek: :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 08:44 AM
Those Mouse Droids suck. What are they, some mutant, industrial strength, super sized with fries Mouse Droid that wasn't in the movie? Things are friggin HUGE! Damned if I'm gonna smell the foul thing, it's staying in the package. I'll stick with my Micro Machine version WHICH IS THE CORRECT SIZE!!

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 09:48 AM
The size and detail of the mouse droid not only suck but it's just....there. I would've settle with working wheels so I could roll it at least. :mad:

billfremore
03-26-2002, 11:18 AM
I can see it now:

"Hi, my name's Tycho and I'm a mouse droid-sniffer"

"Oh sure it started off simple enough, I'd sniff my mousedroid a couple of times in the morning, you know, just to get me going. But then it was a couple at lunch, a few in the afternoon then I started doing it during work."

"I knew I had a serious problem when I started to develop a harness system to attach the mouse droid directly under my nose."

"Then I knew I had a problem and that's why I cam here to Mouse Droid Sniffers Anonymous"

It could happen :D

Starfig873
03-26-2002, 11:24 AM
Buuuuuh.........:stupid:

Surely all this plastic sniffin' can't be healthy. Y'know...cause of plastic..vapor and stuff...or something.

But no...the sniffing of the mouse droid hath not happened with me yet. :p

browndroid
03-26-2002, 11:36 AM
have you snifffed the mouse droid...is that some kind of new drug?:crazed: j/k

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2002, 12:03 PM
Although I have not opened my R4 yet, I totally understand where you are coming from Tycho. In fact, I have an extra vintage mail-away Anakin Skywalker still in the plastic bag and generic white box (yet I've opened the top of the bag to slip him out) and every now and again, I sniff him (he's still fresh from staying in the bag and box) so I can get the original vintage plastic smell I remember and loved so much as a kid! Oh it's lovely. Also, I love sniffing printed matter ie: books, mags, instruction booklets, pamphlets etc. OHHHH THE SMELL!

I think I may go open my R4 to get this sensational smell. Glad you brought this up!:)

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 12:17 PM
This is so funny.
I love the smell of new figures too. When I pop them open I usually give them a sniff, just to take in that new action figure smell. Its great!!
I also smell instruction booklets, book pages, etc. They have a crisp, fresh scent!!
Maybe we could market clothes detergent and dryer sheets with these scents. Man that would be great!!

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Perhaps you and I should go into business amking a spray that "gives all your figures that just out of the bubble scent!"

Why not? People buy that "New Car Smell" spray!

by the way...

I HAVEN'T sniffed it yet... DID I JUST SAY "YET"???? :eek: Okay... I haven't sniffed it. What's it supposed to smell like?

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 12:30 PM
That is a great idea JediPartnr!!
We could market it and then collectors all over would buy it all up.
You and I could make a fortune.
What shall we name our business??

browndroid
03-26-2002, 12:49 PM
i like the smell of the paper that runs through the printer when you print something out...ahhhh...:rolleyes:

Jargo
03-26-2002, 01:25 PM
Okay people, you're freakin' me out here. I can't believe that anyone would sniff a toy. That's like sniffing panties that've been worn - bad bad bad behaviour. Sniffing books and magazines, do you have any friends, do they know about this, would they still be friends if they did know? No wonder people call us sci-fi fans geeks. Sniffing things just conjures up images of a sad loser hiding away in a broom closet surreptitiously sniffing rubber gloves or panthose or something and then getting high and walking around with mussed up hair and red rims round their eyes and spots round their mouth and saliva dribbling down their chin and cardigans with zippers and brown slacks and sandals with dirty grey socks and holes in the elbows of the cardigan and snot hanging out of one nostril and glasses held together with masking tape and one lens is cracked and held in place with glue that squidged all over the lens and there's breakfast cereal in the guys hair and something nasty growing on one of his toenails that peeps through a hole in one of his socks and there's a dirty stain on his slacks in a private place and... and.....

I'm grossing myself out here..... :dead:

Don't sniff plastic. It contains cyanide particles. Continued sniffing will lead to brain damage. And that's the serious part.

Tycho
03-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Jargo: Did I send you my picture?

Well if it's me - now you know that the black "buggar" hanging out of my nose ins't actually air-hardened, blackened snot, but of course its an Imperial MSE Droid.

Now guys, here's a tip: If you sniff in the broom closet like Jargo suggested, hook up your internet in there by running some fiber-optic cable down to your basement, get a port-a-potty and a food chute for your mom to throw you table scraps from, and you never have to come out! That way it won't be necessary to repair holes in your cardigan if no one ever sees you, and you'll be making a great contribution to society in the process!

Plus - now here's the main point - the closer you are to the MSE Droid in a small, confined area - the stronger the initial dose you're going to get with your first "whiff of new action figures."

Try putting a wet towel completely over your head and opening up and army of Clone Troopers all at once! Their new rubbery guns might be made of the same material as the MSE Droid, though I'm not sure. That little droid gave me the strongest reaction I've had yet!

Meanwhile, if you guys could bottle that scent, I could reapply it to all my astromech droids and it could even increase the value of my Loose R2 and Holo Leia! (please be careful with this figure too folks: it is possible to have Leia get lodged in your nostril and the surgery to have her removed, as well as explaining yourself to your doctor, could be equally painful!)

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 02:10 PM
Tycho,
I am laughing so hard right now it just isnt funny....
OH MY GOD!!
YOU NEED TO STOP!!

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
What shall we name our business??

"Stink-o-whiff" it's that new figure smell in a can! Make your vintage figures POP to life again! Remember when you first got that retractable saber Luke back in 1978? Remember the joy you had breaking him out of that bubble! You can have that same feeling all over again! Act now and we'll include a reusable cardback and bubble so that you can have that sensation right at your finger tips! Any time of the day! Everyday! But that's not all!!! If you call right now... we'll throw in a free Glade plug-in with a six month supply of "stink-o-whiff" cartridges! Now EVERY room in your house or apartment can have that new figure smell!! Figures not included...

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 02:24 PM
"Stink-o-whiff!!" That is great!!
I love your sales pitch, JediPartnr. That will really attract those customers. You just forgot one thing that every cheesy sales pitch needs:
Call within the next 10 minutes and we will send you an exclusive box of "Stink-o-whiff" fabric softener!! Thats right, YOU too can smell like that brand new Rancor keeper figure you love so much!!
Attract new mates, and make new friends in the process, all with brand new "stink-o-whiff!!"

copyright 2001 stink-o-whiff, inc.

Tycho
03-26-2002, 02:30 PM
LOL guys! This is a rib-buster thread!

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 02:40 PM
Its great, isnt it Tycho? Just think about it. After we (me, you and JediPartnr) hit the big time with "stink-o-whiff", we will be celebrities!! Toy companies will beg and plead for us to endorse their products. We will be on magazine covers, on TV, in movies, and in ads. We will be rich. Think of the babes!!
Once we get a huge fan base, we can do shows or conventions. How about "whiff-fest 02"? We will be the celebrities to come and sign autographs and meet the fans. Wouldnt that be great?
All based on the ideas of sniffing toys.

Tycho
03-26-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm entering negotiations with Robert Downey Jr.'s parole officer to get him as a spokesperson. We need someone the audience will identify this product with, and who they know they can trust to sniff the right stuff!

I picture him chained to Jabba the Hutt in the first commercial...

GOT SMELL?

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 02:58 PM
Or how about getting Bill Clinton? Just imagine, him sitting at a table with our product, looking high as a kite!!
He will sniff the crap out of it for a minute or two, look up and say "Yes, I use stink-o-whiff, and I DO INHALE!!"

Jargo
03-26-2002, 03:29 PM
Phew! I'm glad no-one took my last post seriously :D

I made up the part about cyanide but it turns out that if burned, the plastic used to make vintage figures gives off toxic cyanide fumes. I don't know about the newer figures but those vintage figures are lethal. Better hope you never have a fire and get stuck in the room with them. :eek:

billfremore
03-26-2002, 03:31 PM
Ya know...

If they made those mouse droids a little smaller you could jam one up each nostril and be in total heaven. ;) :)

You could do the same with the regular figures too, jam a darth up one nostril, obi-wan up the other, and shake your head vigorously to re-enact the classic lightsabre duel :D

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 03:32 PM
Come on Jargo, you know you want to be a part of the "sniff-o-whiff" empire!! Think of the money and fame!!
Who hooo!!

Dar' Argol
03-26-2002, 05:20 PM
INTRODUCTING NEW "B.O. BYE-BYE" DEORDERANT!
Are you a collector? Can't find the right scent deoderant? Try new B.O. BYE-BYE! From the first time you open B.O. BYE-BYE it will smell like you just opened a whole case of Jango Fetts! But, with our new pantented "Vintage" feature, by the end of the day you'll smell like a fresh Early Bird Luke Skywalker! Yes, its true! Our special "Vintage" feature actually allows the deoderant to "age" as the day goes on. So try our many differant scents, like Tuskin Sand Rays, Cool as Space, Lightsaber Delight, and Pit Droid Grease! And for the ladies we have, Leia Hoth Chill, Padme' Suntan, and Amadiala Powder Makeup. Try them all!
New B.O. BYE-BYE! For that Bombad fresh feeling!

Coming soon, 2-1B Medic Band-Aids, Rankor Roach Repellant, and C-3PO Tampons for that proper feel.

Jargo
03-26-2002, 08:52 PM
Money and fame are just a wafer thin accessory, but for the deluded addled minds of the weak they seem attractive. Such things are mere trifles, mere baubles, mere cats.... :confused: Meerkats - how'd they get in here... I like Meerkats, funny little critters. very sociable animals. Pointy little noses and long tails...... Yeah, and they didn't get where they are today by sniffing plastic dollies. No sirree Bob! Consider yourselves told. :Pirate: Arrrrrr...

Dar' Argol
03-26-2002, 09:39 PM
And Jargo Digresses! Where in the world did these Meerkats come from!?!?!?!?!? Someone call animal control.

BTW, Jargo, please tell me what THIS avatar is today. I've been looking at it for a while and the only thing I can come up with is the Sarlacc Pit monster???? Please tell me!!!!

Jargo
03-26-2002, 10:01 PM
Dice Ibegon the Florn Lamproid snake thing that backtalks to Lak Sivrak Ketwol in the cantina. Exept now I went and changed it for Ree Yees. So these two posts are now redundant..... :(

Amanamike
03-26-2002, 10:08 PM
I want in that business too, we could suck in so many collectors like Tycho who love to sniff "Mouse Droids". Hey this could lead to a new way of figure collecting. The smell thing would work great with that Playboy doll figure!!!

billfremore
03-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Amanamike
I want in that business too, we could suck in so many collectors like Tycho who love to sniff "Mouse Droids". Hey this could lead to a new way of figure collecting. The smell thing would work great with that Playboy doll figure!!!

Ok, I think we've officially crossed over to "the bad place" :D

JediTricks
03-27-2002, 02:58 AM
"The bad place" indeed, so let's please watch ourselves.

Lord Malakite
03-27-2002, 03:13 AM
Wouldn't this conversation be more appropriate for a Star Trek website? After all, we are boldy going where no man has gone before.

JetsAndHeels
03-27-2002, 09:26 AM
Oh come on!! This is all in good fun, thats all.
New figures do smell good. Its the new plastic smell. We dont sit at home and smell them all day, but when we open them they smell good, like that new car smell.
Thats all.

Rogue II
03-27-2002, 10:47 AM
So what you guys are saying is that I should open my action figures? Is there a thread or poll discussing opening vs. keeping the figures in their plastic bubbles?

I used to open them, but recently, I haven't, unless I get 2 of them.

Jedi Drew
03-27-2002, 12:49 PM
Maybe TYCHO sniffed too much glue from the figures????:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Tycho
03-27-2002, 01:59 PM
JangoFett is right. It's the equivalent thing of "new car smell."

I do not use drugs nor condone anyone using them. I added this serious post because we have young minds busy considering what we say here.

I made the post because it does strike me as considerably funny that I've noticed whenever I open my newest action figures, I DO sniff them!

And yes, for some reason, the new material they used on the MSE Droid that comes with R4M9 does smell stronger and more ..er...umm... interesting, than any action figure I've ever sniffed before!

Size matters not! Sniff your mouse droid, why don't you? And those of you who did not: you think Ephont Mon will smell better? But perhaps he will not!

For it is well within the plastic! Different materials create the stink. It's what's sealed inside the blister. Beyond the cardboard, beyond the transparent plastic.

Freud's Children still stuck in their oral-olfactory stage need the Death Star Droid's MSE but not! For the new Mouse is where the smell is at! Here, between you and me. Between Hasbro and their vendors. Even between you, your Mouse and your snot.

Now my ally is my nose. And a big nose it is! Now you too must also learn to sniff the mouse! :D

Jargo
03-27-2002, 02:41 PM
Well judging by the scrambled, brain addled, garbage of that last post there Tycho, I'd say you definately sniffed one mouse too many. :D

r4_m9
03-27-2002, 03:11 PM
At what point did you think you should lift your mouse droid that close to your face? Or did you actually attempt to smell it?
Some people really get to involved with thier action figures. But then again don't we all.

JetsAndHeels
03-27-2002, 03:37 PM
Dont worry Tycho, I am in agreement with you if no one else is.
We are given our sense of smell for a reason. When we encounter a pleasant smell why cant we enjoy it?
The mouse droid does smell good, and we dont have to explain ourselves to anyone if we want to sniff it from time to time.
Thank you very much.

Tycho
03-27-2002, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the support JangoFett.

R4M9 - I likely look at all my figures very close-up. The new stuff is so well done in some cases, it's almost like art. So as they get close to my eyes, they get close to my nose.

I don't know when I started sniffing figures, but I think it was as a vintage collector back in the 80's.

I probably discovered figure sniffing as a result of closely looking at details of my action figures.

So like JangoFett said, I used all my senses. I TOUCHED my figures to pose them and give them their weapons. I turned my robots heads to HEAR and LISTEN to the Astromechs clicking noises. I LOOKED at them to observe all the great painting and sculpt detail. And I SMELLED them just because I hadn't tried that.

I guess the only think left to do is to TASTE them.

Has anyone ever ate their action figures? Post it here now if this includes you!

And R4M9 - while we're on the subject, can I have your Mouse Droid?

JetsAndHeels
03-27-2002, 03:53 PM
Tycho, I told you I needed to go to that support group with you, didnt I?
When is our next meeting? :crazed:

billfremore
03-27-2002, 05:23 PM
Tycho,

Can I offer you some Ketwol Kebabs?
How about some Boba Fetta Cheese?
AT-STew?
Baby Dewback ribs?
A C3POmlette perhaps?
How about some chocolate chip Wookies?

Tycho
03-27-2002, 05:42 PM
LOL.

I think the most useful recipes might be things you can cook with your extra JarJar and Darth Maul figures... (Qui-Gon too).

Easiest ingredients to come by...

Or maybe now I'd just make myself a plain ZAMwhich.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-27-2002, 08:02 PM
Heck, just today I was running around to all my workmates with this book that smelled so delightful and EVERYONE smelled it! And everyone LOVED it!

Everyone smells things...EVERYONE!

99% of people like to smell things and the 1% that say they don't
.....LIE :D

Dar' Argol
03-28-2002, 09:00 PM
Why is it that when something smells bad or disgusting, you must make someone else smell it?!?!

"EEEWWWWWW! This thing stinks! Smell it!"
"NO, that's ok"
"No, it really stinks, you gotta smell this!"
"I said no, its fine! I'll pass!"

I can see running through the house, one person carrying this stinky thing and the other running away screaming "I DON'T WANT TO SMELL IT!!!!!". Oh, the things I did to torment my lil' sister:D

jedi master sal
03-29-2002, 09:11 AM
Okay so the mouse droid has the most interesting smell.

What SW fig has had the worst smell by comparison?

Tycho, would you care to enlighten us with your grand olfactory sense?

JediBoulton
03-29-2002, 09:50 AM
Everyone talkin about the smell -- do they tast like chicken??

I did notice that the EPII figures hace a strong order to them.

Please -- nobody start snorting ewoks or wookies -- I have heard that they make you do weird things -- like watch STAR TREK !!

HAHAHA -- sorry for the last comment -- couldn't resist !!

Tycho
03-29-2002, 10:00 AM
Well, the fact that Kit Fisto is packaged one-per-case doesn't smell right to me. :rolleyes:

Tycho
03-29-2002, 10:03 AM
And I also thought that making that Tantive IV Leia wear half sculpted plastic and half cloth really stinks.

R5D4 shooting a missle stinks!

Yeah, actually I could go on. But the reasons these figures stink goes well beyond dealing with olfactory sensations....

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2002, 03:24 PM
I think the new preview figures smell good. They have the "classic" new toy smell to them.
Also I hate to be bias but the Jango smells the best, in my opinion.
Also the R3-T7 droid smells good. I think the blue electrical damage around it adds to the smell since it is another piece of plastic.
Very nice scent.

Tycho
03-29-2002, 04:04 PM
Oh yeah? I just smelled a brand new, out-and-opened TIE BOMBER!

And it's smell is da bomb!

It is almost an oily smell - kind of cool as you think about "the real ship's fuel and lubricant."

Strangely enough, the TIE Pilot Figure does not smell at all. There is a bare trace of something almost sweet, like a scratch 'n sniff fruit sticker, but I've come to a great conclusion:

The tight confines of a blister-packed figure aides its holding the "New Figure Smell."

To that end, though I'm not buying the Hoth Peril Set, I think those of you interested in sticking Luke and Dak up your nose will be sadly disappointed.

"Rogue Three: I've lost my buggar!"

"You'll have to take the snot!"

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Tycho,
Have you been smelling your toys along or is this something that just started happening?
Anyways, you have got me sniffing these things much more than usual.

Rogue II
03-29-2002, 04:22 PM
Well, since everyone seems to be getting into sniffin' figures...

Scratch n' Sniff Playsets - By Hasbro:

Trash Compactor- "My what a lovely smell you have discovered"

Hoth Han/Luke Tantaun Rescue- "And I thought these things smelled bad on the outside"

Dagobah -DO YOU SMELLLLLLLL what Yoda is cookin'?

And of course....Mos Eisley Cantina - Fried Green Greedos

rdrunr89
04-01-2002, 03:12 PM
Tycho,

Between you and Sir Steve, you need to get out more. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
04-01-2002, 04:42 PM
I think Patrick Ewing could fit about 20 mouse droids up each nostril and still have room to pick up to his second knuckle. :dead:

starwars92590
04-01-2002, 06:17 PM
i agree that figures smell good fresh from the package but do you need to talk about it?

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 09:54 AM
has no smell to it. I guess it doesn't "stink" as bad as everyone said it did! :D

JetsAndHeels
04-02-2002, 12:48 PM
Tycho and I are probably going to start a support group for those who enjoy smelling their toys.
We will call it "sniffers annonymous."
We will start meeting soon, when we have more details. :crazed:

billfremore
04-02-2002, 03:10 PM
I cannot believe this thread has gone on this long.:confused:

JetsAndHeels
04-02-2002, 03:59 PM
You see, its cool to sniff.
:crazed:

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 09:24 PM
It's usually the most ridiculous ones that get the most attention.

Lord Malakite
04-02-2002, 09:35 PM
I wonder if Betty Ford has a program for such an addiction. Maybe you guys can get into the medical books. Then you would be famous. ;)

JetsAndHeels
04-03-2002, 08:11 AM
Betty Ford's got nothing on us. We are serious sniffing addicts, and we arent afraid to admit it!!

Dave_Cameron
04-03-2002, 11:35 AM
This is certainly a different sort of thread. Let's see here- I have my mouse droid and my R4-M9 right near me. Picks up the mouse droid and........ smells nothing. What's this supposed to smell like? Are you psycho, Tycho?

Tycho
04-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Seriously, it was just a peculiarly strong "new figure scent" that suggested a different use of plastic - I think the more rubbery stuff they are using in the guns now.

It was probably curiosity that first brought me to sniff a new figure - like new books smell fresh off the printer, etc.

Like I said, I must have discovered this a long time ago as a vintage collector, looking at figures close to my face, to appreciate the detail.

If I recall right, the best smelling vintage figures were those wearing vinyl capes. I distinctly recall sniffing my first two vintage Empire Strikes Back figures - Leia Bespin and Lando Calrissian. I was maybe 6 years old and was just learning to read. I didn't know who these "new characters" were because I thought the Princess always wore white, and no one had seen Lando before. (The figures came out for ESB before the movie - it was tradition from Empire on - only ANH didn't have figures out for almost a year after the movie arrived in theaters - but then nobody "knew.") Anyway, so I was six when I got these, and probably wanted to see if she'd look more like Leia if I held her closer to my busily scrutinizing eyes. Then I smelled her!

Yes, after that, I became an action-figure snorting connisuoire of sorts when I set out to discover if Empire Strikes Back figures smelled differently than A New Hope's!

Of course they did! - everything from a NEW movie smells fresher than even my Greedo figure - then out of his packaging for over a year by that time.

Hence, I discovered that new movies were the key to refreshing the toy line! I was learning to be as big of merchandising genius as George Lucas himself! And if they smelled fresh - the new movie was likely going to be refreshing also!

Yup. I decided I would go and see The Empire Strikes Back. It seemed like a fresh idea to me!:D

[and by the way - I think George Lucas sniffed his figures too! Or else how could he have come to the same conclusion that I did? I couldn't tell him. As a six-year old, I had no way to reach him until I got my writing with Crayola Crayons down better with another year of practicing my alphabet. But I think that if George didn't sniff his action figures - like maybe the vinyl caped Jawa - there wouldn't BE any more Star Wars. So we all owe action figure snorting a debt of gratitude! Be respectful the next time you see a guy with a mouse droid up his nose!]

Jedi Drew
04-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Tycho, have you sniffed Teebo yet? :eek: :eek:

Tycho
04-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Yes, the plastic they used in his hood is very tasty!

I recommend pulling it off and sniffing the inside where the scent is preserved best since its first mold and painting!

Pretty cool, ain't it eh? The scent of actually finding something new to add to your Star Wars collection!

The sweet smell of a successful hunt!

That's what it's all about ;)

Rogue II
04-03-2002, 03:24 PM
...Well as long as you buy figures that you actually want. If you start buying figures you don't want or need, just to sniff them, that's when you are in trouble.

No one ever commented on my "Scratch and Sniff" figure idea.:frus:

Jedi Drew
04-03-2002, 06:12 PM
Tycho, you just make me laugh my a.. off.. :D :D HH. Keep this thread going even just for laugh's....

Tycho
04-05-2002, 09:05 PM
Here are some other threads I participated in that were also collaborative efforts from all the people here in the forums that are just Kick-Arse Funny!

I hope you like them. They was a mouse droid behind each and all of them for sure!

So if you think the incomprehensible decisions Hasbro makes with our toy line is funny, try imagining how hard it is for your action figures to actually re-enact the movies:

First, from our old forums, the story begins in:

The Resculpt Menace (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=17&PID=2944)

Then it continues in:

A New Resculpt (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=27&PID=3744)

Which had to be continued in the new forums starting from the Cantina Scene (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=309)

and is succeeded by:

The Resculpt Strikes Back (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1528)

And we are now only starting along the process of retelling:

The Return of the Resculpts (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4134)

Hope you enjoy! Please share your thoughts!

...and Sniff a mouse droid while you're reading them! It will help you think happy thoughts!

Gosh you wonder who has secretly tried that now that it's out of the closet?... you know? - amongst all the people here that have never thought of sticking their action figures up their nose before?

...and Oooo YUCK! Ever bought vintage toys, or loose collections from a dealer?

Now that I think about it, you don't really KNOW where those figures have been! Do you? :sur:

mabudonicus
04-06-2002, 11:25 AM
I've always been a big fan of "new action figure scents". I remember some of the old figures smelling more like the smell of a computer running a wee bit hot (atat driver for sure smelled like that) The emperors royal guard and Squid head had a pretty neat smell due to that weird felt stuff.
My vote for the worst smelling figure? Personally, I almost gagged when I opened my jedi cloak Qui Gon (the second one). He smelled SO bad for SO long. I actually put him back in his package to keep him from discolouring my collection or killing my houseplants. Anyone else have this experience??
Oh, about SW scratch and sniff- does anyone else have the golden-book version of ANH, scratch and sniff? It's got SnS bits of Jabba's breath (smells like dill pickles), the Falcon's exhaust (really stinks like sulphur) and others. If anyone wants to know, I'll dig it out and report on the other smells. I know one was Chewbacca, and I think there was one of the trash compactor. Most of them STINK. Chewie smells like patchouli !!
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

JetsAndHeels
04-06-2002, 11:50 AM
Hey mabudon,
You can join Tycho and myself as we start the "Star Wars figure smelling club." Tycho and I are both avid fans of the new figure smell with our toys. Welcome to the club!!
By the way, I bought some AOTC toys at Wal Mart the other day, and I got an extra Jango to open. He smells great!! Not only is he my favorite character, but his scent is very pleasant!! I absolutely love the smell of new Star Wars toys. There is just something about it. When all of you get your new AOTC toys, smell them!! They have the classic new toy smell, but with a kick!!

Taichi
04-06-2002, 04:11 PM
Thanks alot guys....

now I'm whacked out on "Mouse Droid Smell"

Tai,
The Droid sniffing smackhead......

RooJay
04-06-2002, 05:47 PM
I kinda have this habit of sniffing any new item I buy (toy or not!); don't know why, I just do. So, yes, I have indeed sniffed the new mouse droid, and he's got quite a pleasant scent! Not unlike these little plastic babies that my little cousins used to collect back in the day. I remember that they were advertised as being baby powder scented, which is exactly how I'd describe my new mouse droid! I still think he's vastly oversized though.:crazed:

Dar' Argol
04-07-2002, 12:28 AM
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS HAVE CAUSED?!?!?!?!? I finally got my Jago Fett a couple of days ago. I found him in Wal-Mart and I snagged 2, one to keep in his little plastic prison and the other to open. Just as I was about to rip him out and set him free like Willy I remembered this thread. As I cracked the blister pack open, I held it close to my nose to intake the full aroma of a new fig. It actually was a good smell. Then my WIFE walks in and asked mr what the hell I was doing!! I felt like I got caught by my mother with a stack of Playboy's!! I tried to explain this all too her but the more and more I did, the weirder and weirder her look got. I finally showed her this thread and she looked at me like I had Yoda growing off my bum! She then said "You know, sometimes I just do not understand you!" and walked away. So THIS is what you have begun.

Begun this scent war has

On a side not, Jango really did have a pleasent smell to him. :rolleyes:

RooJay
04-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Hey Dar'Argol, your story reminds me of that commercial where the guy is eating the toaster pastry and some of the filling drips onto his pants. The guy looks around to see if anyone is around, and proceeds to take his pants off to lick the filling off of them, and just then the cleaning lady comes in and catches him. She looks disgusted and calls him "Pant Licker!". Funny commercial!
"Toy Sniffer!":D

JetsAndHeels
04-09-2002, 03:19 PM
Hey Dar' Argol,
Welcome to the Star Wars sniffing club!! We are glad you have finally come home, brother!!
Now we await more members....
Come on, sniff your toys, see the light....

jedi master sal
04-09-2002, 04:13 PM
Alright, so I just got a second R4-m9 and am going to open it tonight.
I guess I'll have to smell it.

If this wasn't a star wars forum I would think you were all very strange but so am I so i'll report back with me experience.

Tycho
04-09-2002, 06:13 PM
Look what I started... :rolleyes:

(but I can't wait for Jedi Master Sal's report!)

JetsAndHeels
04-10-2002, 07:20 AM
We are eagerly awaiting your reaction, Sal!!
Hopefully you will agree that it is quite a pleasant scent!!

jedi master sal
04-10-2002, 07:44 AM
Okay, this is going to be one of those "I can't believe that really happened" kind of posts but heregoes the TRUE story of my droid sniffing.

First Idid want to say that I told my fiancee about this whole thing and although she thought it a bit strange at first, when thinking about me she actually thought this was quite normal for me.

So, we get home from work and after getting settled in for the night I proceed to get my figure. ARRGH it's missing and I went into a panic. I looked for 10 minutes and when I almost resigned myself to somehow losing it my fiancee comes out of the bathroom with it and says "I just wanted to have a look at it." Now after getting over the initial shock of what had transpired I cautiously opened the bubble. (I was sitting on the couch and she was standing next to me) As I got it opened to the point of being able to sniff it, I put it up to my nose and began to take in a long drag of air.....about two seconds into it my fiancee turns her backside towards me and proceeds to FART. Okay, now I know this thread is a little strange but what she did was just plain gross. (I did start to laugh after choking a little bit and almost fell off the couch) Needless to say I didn't try to sniff the figure again lasst night but can say that for the meager 2 seconds I got to sniff I got nothing. This may be due to the fact of the scent not getting to my nose before she did the deed. I'll never know. I think I'm going to try again tonight but I the privacy of the bathroom. (Don't get weird on me guys, you just read what happened and I think this is a perfectly acceptable choice considering the aforementioned story)

So, tomorrow I will give you the complete report on my sniff (so long as she isn't around) oh it still runs shivers through me to think of that......PU

Oh yeah, I did get her back by giving her a DUTCH OVEN this morning.

For those of you that don't know, a dutch oven is where you fart under the covers and pull the covers over the one you want to get so that they are trapped with it.

Lord Malakite
04-10-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
So, tomorrow I will give you the complete report on my sniff (so long as she isn't around) oh it still runs shivers through me to think of that......PU

Oh yeah, I did get her back by giving her a DUTCH OVEN this morning.

For those of you that don't know, a dutch oven is where you fart under the covers and pull the covers over the one you want to get so that they are trapped with it.

These posts are warping my fragile, little mind. :crazed:

Let this be a lesson, never sniff glue or mouse droids.

Tycho
04-10-2002, 10:20 AM
Okay, before this thread gets too out of hand, let's stick to the topic of snorting Star Wars figures, toys, accessories only.

Your location and partner might be best left undisclosed.

Now that having been said (my official speach so to speak),

I'll personally add to Jedi Master Sal's story:

"That's disgusting! - and everybody knows girls don't fart! I think they established that in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back."

Oh yeah... I just remembered the jewelry heist scene. Forget I said that.

But ah-hah! There's something new to point out: Kevin Smith is a huge Star Wars fan and collector. He opens his toys. That I believe I read lately - and I bet you that he is therefore another celebrity Mouse Droid Sniffer!

Now don't you think "Silent Bob" would be quiet about that?

Smith joins other famous action figure sniffers who intelligence reports claim to also include:

Samuel L. Jackon
Mark Hamill
Jake Lloyd
Ahmed Best
Ray Park
Ewan McGreggor

All stars appearing here are known to have at least modern collection figures, and a good supply of well-worn vintage items as well. You can bet they've snorted an action figure before!

Ever wonder how Jackson appreciated his first-ever action figure of Mace Windu?

Did you know that Mark Hamill has an agreement with LFL to get one or two of every action figure produced - He and his son have a loose collection. How do you think they determine what was shipped fresh? They smell the Force!

Jake Lloyd is still in his developmental stages of life. Only a few years ago, he would have put these figures in his mouth. It is only natural that he graduates to sticking them up his nose.

Ahmed Best is bombad wierd to begin with - how do you think he got that way? Ahmed is a lifelong Star Wars fan, and here you witness the effects.

Ray Park is a champion martial artist, as well as another collector of at least Darth Maul memorobillia. When he fights, do you think his instructors use smelling salts? Of course not! What do you think another use of Mouse Droids could possibly be for? There's nothing like the smell of new plastic in the morning to get you going to Wal*Mart! Ray just simply knocks his opponents into the clearance isle!

Mr. McGreggor has often stated how Stormtroopers are his favorite thing in the Star Wars universe and how he always wanted to play a Stormtrooper. OK Ewan. We know that those heavy cloth Jedi robes don't do it for you. What you really want is to be covered in vacuum formed plastic body armor. Ah-ha! Well Ewan definitely has the bucks, but at least a former action figure collector in his youth, Ewan should know that a Mouse Droid opened with a wet towel over your head will get you all the same sensation that full-body Stormtrooper armor would. But it allows you to take in a deeper breath of air, and exhale much more comfortably, while costing about $500 dollars less money!

Finally, Leonardo Di Capprio is a large Star Wars collector of vintage and modern toys. In his particular case, the Mouse Droid explains everything.

And those guys from N'Sync? You guessed it! See guys with Mouse Droids even get chics!

Has Britney Spears sniffed a Mouse Droid?

Reporters are standing bye!

jedi master sal
04-11-2002, 08:16 AM
OH it smells great. My opinion is that it's 25% new car smell, blended with 75% new tire smell. I guess I didn't have the package opened enough before she did the deed (read my previous post). She even took a whiff but said it just smelled like her Simpsons toys. (I didn't know they had a scent either. We just bought some of those toys yesterday and now because of you tycho, I'm sniffing everything! What a monster you have made. ROWR!!!!!

But seriously the mouse droid smells great!

JetsAndHeels
04-11-2002, 08:31 AM
Glad to see you have joined us, Sal. See, we arent that wierd, are we? We just appreciate the fine scent that only a new figure can give.
Now that you have seen the light, lets try to get others to join us so they too can experience the joy that comes with sniffing toys.
Once you experience it for the first time, you will be a sniffer for life!!

RooJay
04-11-2002, 02:52 PM
To jedi master sal: I implore you NOT to go around sniffing every figure out there willy nilly! Some figures, McFarlane's in particular, can be quite noxious, and I, as a brother fan, fear for your safety. Please, everyone take note!

Tycho
04-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Well Roojay, Harrison Ford might have done well had he been on these message boards and taken your suggestion to heart in time.

As it stands, often celebreties who's wealth and influence exceed their common sense, do some plainly dumb things. A part-time recreational hobby is no cause for concern, but recently Star Wars action hero star Harrison Ford took things a little too far with his influence and pull at various Lucasfilm licensing companies. Ford had a larger-than-life-size mockup made of the Imperial MSE droid and added it to his private collection with some disastrous results. Hasbro used the same plastic resin that they molded the fans 3 3/4" scale action figure's mouse droid accessory with, but in Ford's personal case, the item was 100 times its original size!

As you can see from our exclusive photograph here, Harrison Ford is currenlty in no condition to attend the 2002 Star Wars Celebration 2 in Indianapolis this coming May.

Finally, disappointed fans can see the REAL reason:

Jedi Drew
04-19-2002, 10:21 PM
You are one SICK person BUT...... That pic along with other posts made me laugh my A@@ off. Keep posting crazy stuff like that:crazed: :crazed: Good hunting on the 23rd..........We all need a laugh in life.

Darth Sidious
04-25-2002, 07:41 PM
Lol at the mouse droid sniffers anonymous thing...I als like the smell of figures. The first thing I do with them when I open them is smell them. My Nikto's scent was overwhelming...:p

Darth Sidious
04-25-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Hey Dar' Argol,
Welcome to the Star Wars sniffing club!! We are glad you have finally come home, brother!!
Now we await more members....
Come on, sniff your toys, see the light....

Oh, and btw, I would love to join your club. There is no smell I enjoy more.

Dar' Argol
04-25-2002, 10:14 PM
I was opening some of my AOTC figs yesterday and I opened Luminari. WHOA!!!!:eek:! Wanna talk making your head swim geez I think I need to sit down before I pass out and hit my head onr the coffee table and then try to expain that one to the parametics(sp) as I'm being driven to the hospital overwhelming!!!!!

Maybe it has to do with all those plastic robes. After I let her air out for a bit, the scent was quite pleasent.

BUT BE WARNED, LET HER AIR OUT FIRST!! DO NOT INHALE STRAIGHT FROM THE PACKAGE!!!

LTBasker
04-25-2002, 11:57 PM
I opened a Hangar Duel Anakin tonight, and all I've got to say is pe-yousa! I dunno what stuff they're putting in there to make it smell so bad, but I hope they will stop.

Tycho
04-26-2002, 05:51 AM
Have you sniffed C-3PO's Box?

Warning, this is a one-time only experience! Please clear out both your nostrils before you waste your only chance at this wonderful experience!

Yes, when you open Threepio's black box to store his AOTC's parts in, the fresh scent is so totally rewarding!

It just doesn't last. I swear the smell was gone and the box was completely neutral in less than 2 minutes after I opened the darn thing!

So while you're preparing to give Threepio a quick fix, why not give yourself one?

Rogue II
04-26-2002, 07:03 AM
Yes, C-3PO aroma was nice.

Anyone open the Royal Guard? That guy was rank, almost skunk-like.

jedi master sal
04-26-2002, 07:43 AM
He has a fantastic smell as well. I think its from the paint used on the robe, but he has a very odiferous smell.

JetsAndHeels
04-26-2002, 08:45 AM
I hate to be partial to Jango, but he smells good as well. I am talking about the Kamino Escape Jango. The plastic has a very pleasant, almost sweet aroma to it. Take the helmet off of his head and smell inside of it. Not bad at all!! The entire figure gives off a sweet smell that I have yet to smell on any other figure. Try it out!!

LTBasker
04-28-2002, 11:27 AM
Mmm...wierd you people are... Bad sniffing habits, you have. Stop, you must. :D

I'm actually suprised this thread is still going. :sur: :crazed:

mabudonicus
04-29-2002, 11:23 AM
I just got the Tusken female and was SHOCKED to find that it didn't smell too bad. I had imagined it would be awful, but it's got a kind of pleasant muskiness to it, like the smell of the forest after a rain in the springtime........
Jango (kamino) smells pretty good, I'll have to agree with you guys.
Has anyone smelled the deluxe figures?? The rubber content and larger airspaces in the bubbles should make for some interesting new scents. And how does C3PO smell? I bet he stinks. I'm not getting him till he gets discounted, so I'll probably never get the "full impact", sadly. Help me out here!! Please!!

Rogue II
04-29-2002, 11:41 AM
I think sniffing the new C3PO came up in one of the other forums....He doesn't smell all that bad. The little crate that comes with him smells nice but it fades pretty quick.

In my opinion, the Royal Guard was the stinky one.

Tycho
05-07-2002, 04:42 AM
There was only about 70 people in the room when I got the microphone and got to publically announce this question that has concerned all of us as of late:

Does Hasbro sniff their mouse droids?

Yes they do!

The smell you inhale is that given off by new ABS plastic used in the figures.

It is not toxic because the figures must pass strict quality control and safety standards.

So sniff all you want.

And as this discussion progressed into using all of one's senses to appreciate these figures, the sense of taste came up (more than once, heh-heh-he).

Hasbro strongly discourages you to NOT eat your action figures. Contrary to their awareness of an existing demand out there in the collecting community, for child-safety reasons, Hasbro will also NOT be publishing a Star Wars action figure cookbook, or any kind of listing that would encourage you to eat your action figures.

However, they too remember the ditto papers and how they (and new books) smelled in school, and some of Hasbro's employees have noticed a peculiarly nice smell to the Mouse Droid.

So are you ready boys?

Open them up! - And shove them in! (Your nose, not your mouth - or anywhere else for that matter).

But DO NOT EAT YOUR ACTION FIGURES!

RooJay
05-07-2002, 02:23 PM
"SHOVE THEM IN"?!! Surely you go too far, sir! Please, everyone...I implore you to keep your action figure appreciating habits clean!:crazed:

Jargo
05-07-2002, 06:40 PM
I opened four royal guards at the same time and the whoosh of whatever it is that they smell of was so overwhelming I damn near passed out. My room is small and I mistakenly shut the door yesterday. When i came to open the door after a day of unseasonal hot weather and bright hot sunshine, the smell was way too much, mixed with the heady scent of new pine shelving the vynil robes of the AOTC royal guards and the five geonosians all mixed together to knock me for six. As I fell backwards down the stairs I reminded myself to send a stern e-mail of complaint to hasbro......... *BANG* Sniffing royal guards can seriously damage your health. This is serious stuff we're talking about. Don't sniff the vinyl. beware the hidden dangers and don't believe Hasbro for a second. They are evil vinyl pushers who will get you hooked on sniffing so you crave more and more and more that new vinyl smell and spend all your money on the figures and then when you have no money left you'll turn to stealing money, selling stuff to buy figures, mugging people to steal money and buy figures. holding up a bank to steal the valuables from the vaults to buy figures all so you can get your daily fix of vinyll sniffing. Tycho is in the command of Hasbro and trying to peddle vinyl fixes. Don't listen to him. He is evil and must be stopped before all the kids of the world are sucked into this deadly craze. Be afraid, be just a little bit afraid....... :eek:

RooJay
05-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Hey, maybe what we're smelling is Hasbro's secret mind controlling gas that makes us want to go out and buy more toys! That would explain it all!

Tycho
05-07-2002, 07:20 PM
Ah-ha! If Emperor Jargo continues to spoil our little secrets, he will have to be taken care of!

Announcing the first Action Collection edition of the Infamous Mouse Droid!

The first pictures will be posted by Jargo himself, as we will mail him a test sample of our prototype product for his Fan Review.

Once he gets a whiff of this, he'll be back in line - and since we all have seen what the temptation of E-bay can do to fans possessing prototypes, there's no telling where the Mouse Droid will strike again should Jargo choose to cut cold turkey and auction it!

I shudder to think about the world Jargo described - but everything seems to always be worth it in terms of Hasbro's quaterly earnings.

So onward for the Mouse Droid - to total world domination!

Rogue II
05-07-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I opened four royal guards at the same time and the whoosh of whatever it is that they smell of was so overwhelming I damn near passed out.

I posted a warning somewhere that the royal guards were FUNKY.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-08-2002, 09:59 AM
You guys should smell the Jurassic Park T-Rex that came out in 1993. It smelled like rubber and oranges. Yuck!

:p

Turbowars
05-12-2002, 07:09 PM
I opened the new mouse droid and gave it a deep whiff and it gave me a head ache. I think I'm going to file a lawsuit against Hasbro for packageing toxic materials. It could happen! LOL!

Tycho
05-13-2002, 12:42 AM
It's not toxic. I asked Hasbro at the Celebration 2 and let them know that there was a serious fan base for their action figures that practiced inhaling them.

They publically claimed that it was safe to sniff them - after laughing their butts off!

But I did explain to them that their was a club formed around snorting their Mouse Droid.

So congratulations and welcome aboard!

(and so you don't have a headache, we recommend sniffing some more until you actually feel light-headed. But please don't do this BEFORE you have to drive to Wal*Mart, Target, or TRU. The whole idea is that this is the 'scent of success' AFTER you come home with something new!)

Beast
05-13-2002, 12:47 AM
You wanna smell somthing really toxic smelling, go pick up a copy of the "Evil Dead: Book of the Dead" DVD special edition. You thought your toys knocked you for a loop, give that a sniff sometime and you'll really be on your rear. No mere toy can compare to the odor enclosed inside that package. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
05-13-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
You wanna smell somthing really toxic smelling, go pick up a copy of the "Evil Dead: Book of the Dead" DVD special edition. You thought your toys knocked you for a loop, give that a sniff sometime and you'll really be on your rear. No mere toy can compare to the odor enclosed inside that package. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

You aren't kidding. I remember you and my brother were discussing that in another thread awhile ago.

Darth Sidious
05-13-2002, 07:12 PM
Woah, I just got a Luminara figure and took a big whiff straight from the package...Wow! The force is strong with this one...:p

Tycho
05-24-2002, 04:56 AM
Hey, I'm bah-ack!

I call this meeting of Mouse Droid Sniffers to order.

First order of business today:

Do you guys want to smell something?

Sniff the MASSIF! Yeah - now that's what I'm talkig about!

More powerful than incense, and lasts twice as long!

Here's another useful hint, too: inside the mouth, there's more scent trapped up there!

Plus the chain is a good length to stretch to many'a'snorter's ear (especially if you have an earing or stud in). You can clip the Massif on, and in case it falls out of your nose while you are walking or jogging somewhere, you'll have it still safely attached to your person. It's almost as innovative as the wallet chain. We now have the Massif Sniffer's Chain! New from Hasbro. The people who care what you smell like! :D

jedi master sal
05-24-2002, 01:51 PM
Take a whiff of that putty tat (NEXU). (Had to keep that one as clean as possible he he.)

Mean on the screen but knocks you out in person.

Wow what a smell.

My fiancee (Emily) even smelled it from across the room. approx. 10ft. Now that's staying power.

Tycho
05-24-2002, 02:36 PM
I don't think I'll have the Nexu until this weekend (from a friend who found it) so I can only imagine!

Since it's usually the rubberized, vinyl plastic that smells the best, I trust it's the putty-tat's tail your sniffing? ;)

To double-over that effect, I suggest you lend it C-3PO's box if your kitty needs it. :D

DarthBrandon
05-26-2002, 01:58 AM
Keep them in their packaging, sniffing can cause serious niarb damage.

Warning: sniff at your own risk.

Dooku Fett
05-26-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
People snorting their action figures has been addressed before, but this new scent requires a whole new thread!

I refer you to an excellent olfactory sensation everyone should experience when opening the new R4M9 astro droid figure.

Like any action figure, you get a healthy whiff of "new plastic in the morning" when you smell the astrodroid.

However, when you sniff the new mouse droid - WoW! It's quite a sensation!

Yes, collectors comparing the scents of recently opened Death Star Droid MSE units and R4M9's companion should sound off here!

If you haven't had a whiff of this new kind of plastic, I suggest you try it!

It's like nothing you've ever smelled before!!!

Uh huh. :eek:

scruffziller
05-26-2002, 06:46 PM
Maybe that is what the "DEATH STICKS" are made of. Ground up toy mouse droids!!!!!!!!!!

Tycho
05-31-2002, 08:36 PM
Attention Mouse Droid Sniffers:

It has now been revealed that The Mouse has been given extra power. But not the kind you might have hoped for.

The Death Star accessory pack will include a Mouse Droid that is motorized!

How will that feel in your nasal passages?

Will the materials they use change so that they can add this motor (like the Theed Hanger Droid which for whatever reason came with the original Tatooine Accessory Pack for Episode One)?
A materials change could either enhance or impede the scent.

Furthermore, this may mean they will be changing the SIZE of The Mouse Droid.

The best action figu..er..uh...action accessory in the Star Wars 3 3/4" line is already unrealistically out of proportion. Making it an acceptable size to house a pull-back motor in it could complicate the size requirements for this Mouse.

Does the Mouse Droid Sniffers Association want to send out an official opinion piece to Hasbro?

If so, I'd like to hear your recommendations or view copies of suggested draft letters so we can all take a snort at it... (er.... I uh meant "vote on it").

Rogue II
05-31-2002, 09:39 PM

The Death Star accessory pack will include a Mouse Droid that is motorized!

How will that feel in your nasal passages?

WARNING: THE SURGEON GENERAL HAS DEEMED THAT REVING YOUR MOUSE DROID BEFORE INSERTING IT INTO YOUR NASAL PASSAGE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF NOSTRIL HAIR AND EXTREME PAIN. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I would rather have a correctly sized mouse droid instead of one that goes "vroom!"

On a side note, I opened the Endor Rebel Soldier. I took a wiff. The scent wasn't too strong, but he did smell like the plastic they use to make inflateable pool toys.

LTBasker
06-01-2002, 09:30 AM
I'm guessing the plastic will be changed to be more sturdy to house the pull-back feature on the mouse droid kinda like the plastic used on the Theed Hangar Droid. Then again maybe not but could happen.

BizRodian
06-02-2002, 05:37 PM
That's a ****ing huge mouse droid. It's like a rat droid... not.. a BEAVER droid.

SithDroid
06-03-2002, 12:14 AM
I opened my R4-M9 today after getting him in the mail and the Mouse droid didn't smell any different than any of the other figures I open. I don't see what the big deal is about how it smells.

Tycho
06-05-2002, 05:07 AM
Hmmm. SithDroid, try an antihistamine or another over-the-counter decongestant to make sure you're getting enough oxygen first. Then maybe get yourself really close to the blister card as you slowly peal it away from R4M9 to reveal, and expose, and finally free: The Mouse Droid!

But that brings me to a special announcement I have to make for the whole entire club here.

Our good friend The Mouse Droid has had to keep up with Luminara amongst others and stay competative. To do this he's gone bad - really BAD!

And he's formed a band to take on those Fett-boys in their own musical number they cloned off of KISS, Jango, Boba, and Genes Similar's group called Stanse.

Well not only did The Mouse Droid recruit Luminara Undulli, but he gathered up a whole gang to form the new musical group:

MOUSY and the SNIFFERS!!!

and best yet, applying new, extremely odorous paintjob inside a room without proper ventilation, The Mouse Droid has adopted his new, awesome stage persona: all hail Darth Mouse!

Please don't miss their opening tour and get to meet the band, see exclusive backstage interviews, and watch them blow Stanse away, if you pardon the Sniffers' sneezing!

Check out Mousy and the Sniffers Live and cheer them on HERE! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=101944#post101944)

And be sure and check out our first publicity shot of The Mouse himself: Mousy Darth Mouse!

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 06:28 PM
What's a matter Tycho? PLASTIC MELTDOWN not good enough for ya?? Not compitition?? Don't under estimate the power of Ring Wraith Bob!! There is no smell better then a PLASTIC MELTDOWN!!:D :D

Dar' Argol
06-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Here is PLASTIC MELTDOWN's responce to Mousy and the Sniffers:

Cheese mouse who??? (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=102610#post102610)

Tycho
07-01-2002, 03:22 PM
For those of you who don't know, there's a great thread going on in our forums' general section where everyone in the community is posting pictures of themselves.

For that reason, I released this photgraph of me, the president of your Sniffers' Club, and Darth Mouse! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=121897)

Check it out!

Do you have a picture of yourself and YOUR MOUSE DROID?

I encourage you all to to check out this thread with everybody's picture and add yourself & your Mouse! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11248)

Tell them Tycho sent you! LOL :crazed:

You can't imagine the responsibility you take for being a cult leader!

Rogue II
07-03-2002, 11:11 AM
I was in a TRU last weekend. I happened to look in the bin they had next to the SAGA figures. Sure enough right on top was a Teebo. It caught my eye since it was the first time I saw it in the store. I decided to rummage thru to see if there was anything else in there. Sure enough.....R4 with Mouse Droid. The back was dented and creased, but the bubble is still intact.

So, guess what I'm doing for the 4th?

Since it is a long weekend, I may very well do some customizing to the R4 and the Mouse Droid.

Here are my ideas so far. I will have to do some sketches before I make up my mind:

Greatful Dead Mousy
Jefferson Mouse Droid
Pink Mouse Droid Floyd
Jimi Hendrix's Star Spangle Mousey
Stairway to Mouse droid.
Woodstock 33rd anniversary mouse droid.

Its too bad he doesn't have arms or a mouth. otherwise, I could make Mousy Osbourne who bites the head off of mynoks.

(no, really, I'm not insane)

anarky
07-03-2002, 11:56 AM
if you're not careful--you can end up on the streets, doing anything for a mouse droid fix--as nancy reagan said, "just say no"

sniffing luminari killed my dad

billfremore
07-03-2002, 12:04 PM
Say that reminds me of a party where everybody was free-basing Freeze-frame Weequays.

Man that whole night is a total blur :D

Tycho
07-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Oh Man! I'd love to see the Woodstock Mouse Droid!

The Burning Mouse would also be a hit! :happy:

Rogue II
07-04-2002, 07:21 AM
I'm still learning how to use my Paint Shop Pro. Here is my first attempt: Greatful Mousy. I want to make one half red and the other half blue with a white stripe down the middle.

I found some pics I was looking for so up next is Dark Side of the Mouse Droid.

After that, I need to figure out how to tie-die.

scruffziller
07-21-2002, 11:09 AM
You know what, mine has been sitting on the shelf for a couple years now. I picked it up a few days ago, sniffed it and low and behold it still has that fruity cherry, strawberry aroma to it.

Tycho
07-21-2002, 05:54 PM
Cool!

Hey, Darth Mouse and I answered a casting call for the new A-Team movie. Here's a picture (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=140368)

sith_killer_99
07-21-2002, 06:03 PM
Ssssnnniiiifffffffffff!

Oh, that's good droid.

And I should know, I have sniffed both the Death Star Droid's MSE droid and the R4-M9's MSE droid. I like the newer (more potent MSE droid).

;)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-11-2002, 11:47 AM
At first I thought this thread was a little joke, but you can count me in as a member of mouse sniffers anonymous (okay were not exactly anonymous). I bought an R4-M9 at TRU the other day and as soon as I got home, I opened the figure, keeping in mind this thread as I got my nose ready to sniff the figure.

I opened up the package and wooooooo-weeeeeeee! I've never smelled a figure with that strong an odor before. It was very pungent, both the mouse droid and the R4-M9. I wonder what kind of paint did Hasbro use on these babies?

Despite the odor and the initial sniffing, I think I am recovered.

I'm going to TRU tomorrow and I'm buying up all the R4-M9s there.

Tycho
08-11-2002, 12:26 PM
:) LOL. Congratulations!

In all seriousness, the best part of sniffing new action figures is the smell of success. In all probability, in most cases anyway, the scent of a new action figure means that you found something new that you didn't have before, yet were definitely looking for.

In this hobby of collecting, where we frequently go to the stores and find nothing new to buy, and then once in a while, we are suddenly rewarded with a great treasure find or a character we always wished they made, it is an elation that brings to us the motivation to keep collecting, to keep hunting down new toys.

Quite simply, the fresh smell of newly opened pvc plastic is the olfactory representation of a successful hunt for a new toy.

Hence the pungent smell of a new Star Wars figure is the essence of happiness! So sniff on, Dude! It's a sure sign you're happy collecting!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-12-2002, 10:34 PM
I am spreading the word.

I just sent an R4-M9 to AdmiralPiett. I did forget to mention to him this thread, but I am sure that he has seen it. If he hasn't I'll drop him an E-mail soon. If his nose is in working condition, then I think we'll have a new member.

AdmiralPiett
08-13-2002, 12:41 AM
I'm looking forward to joining the sniffers club! That sounds so bad... I was just thinking that we should make a commercial like Nancy Reagan's old "Say No to Drugs" commercials. We could have a kid in a jean jacket standing near a fence on a tough looking playground soliciting mouse droids to the kids coming by: "Here man, sniff a mouse droid. Come on, be cool. EVERYone's doing it!"
Piett

Tycho
08-13-2002, 12:53 PM
LOL - 142 posts and this thread is STILL FUNNY! :D

AdmiralPiett
08-14-2002, 09:51 PM
Well LBC,
I opened the R4-M9 that you sent me and PU, that mousedroid smells strong for something so hollow. I think I am starting to like it though.
Piett

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-15-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
Well LBC,
I opened the R4-M9 that you sent me and PU, that mousedroid smells strong for something so hollow. I think I am starting to like it though.
Piett

Glad to see that the droid has arrived, and for the club's sake, that you got a whiff of the droid as you opened it.

As Tycho stated, the scent from the droid in essence, is not only stanky, but it represents the smell of victory, of finding a new figure.

It looks like the trek continues now that the accessory packs are out at Target, and we have a bigger, better Mouse Droid to sniff.

:evil:

Nexu
08-15-2002, 12:18 AM
Here's something that people SHOULDN'T try. Put a bunch of figures, and accessories in a gallon-sized ziplock bag. Seal the bag, and place it on the floor. Leave for a week for camp, and leave the bag in a house that gets quite roasty inside. Return home, open the bag, insert nose, and breathe in rther rapidlly. :dead:

Note: I didn't stick my nose inside the bag and breathe in. ;)

Darth Sidious
08-15-2002, 09:03 PM
I have never smelled a mouse droid. I have never had one. But I have been smelling figs since 1995. I know what you are experiencing. I just got Mace w/ the (Cream) BD, and Mace's bottom robe thingy is powerful! Give that a whiff sometime...

jedi master sal
08-16-2002, 08:31 AM
Um...Dude if you were sniffing the "bottom robe thingy" that means you were sniffing his BUTT. EEEEWWWWW. J/K:D

I got two of those Target Accessory Death Star packs and as of yet have not opened them. Has anyone esle done this yet and how does that mouse droid smell in comparison?

Rogue II
08-16-2002, 02:46 PM
The mouse droid that came with R4-M9 is much more potent. Don't get me wrong, there is still a good plastic scent to it, just not as strong.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-21-2002, 01:07 AM
I am sending out another R4-M9, this time to robertmrowkajr.

I'm not stopping anytime soon, anyone who wants one I will try to get them one.

Maybe I'll continue on until everybody gets the chance to inhale the strong, strange aroma of the mouse droid. I've sent 2 out, only 6 billion more to go. I just hope my local TRU doesn't sell out anytime soon.

Tycho
08-21-2002, 01:23 AM
Wow! What a great Pal! :)

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 06:51 AM
Is it just me or did that sound like that old Coke commercial?

I'd like to buy the world a mousedroid
and sniff in perfect harmony....

...or maybe not.

plasticfetish
08-29-2002, 07:34 PM
OK ... OK ... OK ...
I'm so close to opening up the card on this figure to smell this thing. Is it like that tangy McFarlane plastic smell? I can't take it any more ... I've been reading about this and wondering for a while now. Is it the plastic smell like the Bandai Gundam figures? Is it something totally unique? In all honesty ... the "plasticfetish" name thing came from my wife making fun of me while I huffed the plastic smell from a figure I had just opened. (There, it's out ... so sad, so sad.) I would put the bubble from the card on my face and do the Frank from "Blue Velvet" thing. (I think it was funny at the time.)

I always wondered if it was formaldehyde or paint thinners or something that I was really enjoying.
Ahhh, who cares.

Tycho
08-30-2002, 01:03 AM
Go for it Dude! It's perfectly safe! I asked Hasbro with a microphone in front of hundreds of people!

Indulge yourself and welcome to the Fan Club that now boasts 6 or 7 people! :)

AdmiralPiett
08-30-2002, 04:24 AM
Plasticfetish, now that you mention that scene in Blue Velvet I am starting to get worried about you. I am starting to get images of Burt Reynolds stealing lint out of the laundromat in Striptease.
Demi: What did you do with my lint?
Burt: Well, I made love to it.

Piett

scruffziller
08-31-2002, 09:19 AM
Dang this thread is still going, Tycho you are sick!!!! Tycho the Psycho!!!:D

Tycho
09-01-2002, 01:06 AM
I've Discovered the Scent of DARTH VADER UNLEASHED! - UNLEASH IT NOW!!!

You don't know the Power of the Dark Side!

With your Vader Unleashed figure it is more powerful than a Magic Mushroom!

I kid you not!

My face was no where near the packaging when I got a whiff of his cloak!

Now the scent fills my room! THIS ONE IS POTENT!

I bet you the scent will last a long time, too.

I was not into sniffing the Unleashed Figures save for Boba's accessory cloak. With the Dark Lord, there's just no comparison!

Cloud City indeed! That's not Tibanna Gas Baby! That's Darth getting up your nose!

Do you guys think they'll do a Mouse Droid Unleashed???

That would be soooo AWESOME! I've got to start a petition!

bigbarada
09-01-2002, 02:00 AM
Maybe I just got a defective one, but I didn't notice any unusual odor with the Mouse Droid that came with my R4-M9. At least not anything that I haven't smelled ten times worse on any plastic caped action figure.

Now those Shrek figures, those were potent!:eek:

Tycho
09-01-2002, 02:10 AM
Hey BigB - that's why the Vader Unleashed is so potent - it's one of those plastic caped figures!

I just did it! I started the petition thread for a Mouse Droid Unleashed in the Dear Hasbro forums.

You guys who are club members should seriously go and check it out!

Let Hasbro know we have a nose for successful collectibles!

Rogue II
09-01-2002, 07:08 AM
Mouse Droid Unleashed? I'm there!

By the way, have you sniffed the figures from the Walmart Cantina packs? Whew, DOGGIE! Almost as good as the Mouse Droid.

Scackmgack
09-01-2002, 03:23 PM
Is the Micro Machines mouse droid really the right size in relation to the figures? It looked kind of small to me so I put it away and placed the two big mouse droids in my Death Star diorama, but if the Micro Machines one really is the correct scale, I'll put it back in (I liked the smaller one, anyway).

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-04-2002, 12:02 AM
For those of you lucky enough to obtain the fan-club Death Star Droid (which I believe contained a mouse droid, if it didn't, then consider this post meaningless to read) and who have a keen memory of their senses, I pose to you the obvious question.

Did the mouse droid from that figure overwhelm your sense of smell as did the mouse droid from the R4-M9 figure? I never bothered to pick this figure up from the fan club and I never was lucky enough to snag one at TRU when they became available (for a few hours) last year.

If this was discussed already then I apoligize for asking yet again. I'm sure Tycho can answer.

Tycho
09-05-2002, 08:31 PM
I am something of an expert on Mouse Droids.

And Lowly Bantha Cleaner had a very legitimate question.

I know it was answered before, but perhaps not with the inspired insight I am about to deliver to you.

*pause* [SNIFF-SNIFF- exhale]

Hasbro began making changes with the plastic they were using for pack-ins with the increasingly rubber guns we started seeing.

Recall that even back with the '95 Han Solo (on steroids), his assault rifle was pretty bend-y, but other accessories (stormtrooper blasters, Han's blaster gun, etc. were still sort of hard).

Now everything is sort of that rubbery feel (so it won't catch in kids' throats, it now passes new child safety standards).

Well most of us hate the rubber guns like the CloneTroopers' rifles that shoot a little to the left or right of them, but never what they're aiming at.

However, one positive property of this new material is, IT DOES SMELL GOOD!

The Mouse Droid that was packed in with the earliest Death Star Droids, seems to be made of the old harder stuff.

R4-M9's Mouse is clearly the new rubber stuff used as the material to cast from the exact same mold.

I don't know if everyone's DS Droid's Mouse is from the hard shell, because Hasbro makes running production changes. In the Mouse Droid's case, it was to be for the better or we would not have this fine sniffing club!:crazed:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-08-2002, 10:21 PM
I can see it now, sitting on the shelves of Barnes and Noble.

The Complete History and Evolution of a Mouse Droid Figure

by Tycho: A confessed mouse droid fanatic. And sniffer.

:D

Tycho
09-08-2002, 11:40 PM
Hey! Wouldn't that just irk Steve Sansweet who needs to update his action figure guide?

I'll have a book out with Mouse Droids in the center fold!

Should be scratch-n-sniff though! That's for sure!:D

Rogue II
09-09-2002, 06:54 AM
If you do a scratch n sniff, make sure you include the smell from the old ditto machines. Ahhh, memories of elementary school...

Darth Sidious
09-09-2002, 02:38 PM
My dad works at Delphi and he works near the mold compound, and it is in HUGE chunks that are made of the EXACT SAME THING AS THE MOUSE DROID!!!!! I got to smell one, the Mouse Droid can't possibly be this pungent. It actually made me dizzy! I will ask him if I can have a piece.

Tycho
09-09-2002, 03:33 PM
I got an idea!

Could you ask your Dad to sculpt you a MOUSE DROID out of this stuff?

If he can, then please wrap it in ceran-wrap to preserve the smell and keep it until Celebration 3.

I'll try to get us a room there (with the appropriately inadequate ventillation) so at a special given time we can all peel off the ceran wrap together and show the rest of the 75,000 Star Wars fans what it's all about!

(and probably not get a date with a member of the opposite sex for the rest of our natural lives - but so what? You're happy when you've got THE MOUSE!):D

Rogue II
09-09-2002, 03:41 PM
Watch it Tycho, keep this up and someone is going to come out with a report that sniffing mouse droids can be habit forming.

Darth Sidious
09-09-2002, 04:05 PM
It is habit forming, but who cares? It's fun! :D I will see if he'll let me, then I could carve it. But be warned, it may not be black. It would probably be the color of SW figures without the paint. I wouldn't paint it because it may cover up some of the smell. About the date thing, I have already given up on that ever happening, so I don't care. :D

Darth Sidious
09-09-2002, 04:07 PM
By the way, which figure's scent has lasted the longest for each of you? For me it is the Vintage Cloud Car Pilot. That thing's still got it! I haven't had the Saga RedGuard for as long, but it smells the strongest (Under it's robes) for the amount of time I've had it.

Tycho
09-09-2002, 05:19 PM
Well the Mouse Droid is in the Top 10 for potency of course, but my Vader Unleashed is still going strong.

I wonder what microwaving the figures for extremely short times would do to the scent? Could this rejuvenate it?

Darth Sidious
09-09-2002, 06:21 PM
Eh...I don't know about that, unless you have a bunch of one figure. The paint would bubble, methinks...It can't be good for the figure. I wouldn't try it, but that's just me.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-12-2002, 08:09 PM
This is by far the weirdest post i have ever read.

Lord Malakite
09-12-2002, 10:05 PM
Well the Mouse Droid is in the Top 10 for potency of course, but my Vader Unleashed is still going strong.

I wonder what microwaving the figures for extremely short times would do to the scent? Could this rejuvenate it?
It would release poisonous gases! :rolleyes: You need to quit a few of those jobs Tycho, they are impairing your judgement. :D

Darth Sidious
09-13-2002, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
This is by far the weirdest post i have ever read.

I know, Isn't this thread great? I love it! :D

billfremore
09-13-2002, 09:33 AM
I finally sniffed my mouse droid.

Now I understand. :crazed:

Darth Sidious
09-14-2002, 03:43 PM
I just got the Acklay, and I have discovered the guts. MAN, do they REEK!!! (No pun intended :D) They are very pungent, I can't stop sniffing them. And storing them inside the Acklay allows the smell to concentrate. I'm very happy with this purchase. A kick-arse beast that smells great, all for only $15! Wonderful!

JangoFart
09-18-2002, 12:42 PM
Sniff 'em???!! You SHOULD try rubbin' 'em on your goodies!! THAT'S the thing to do!!

J

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-18-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by JangoFart
Sniff 'em???!! You SHOULD try rubbin' 'em on your goodies!! THAT'S the thing to do!!

J

JF,

Four men or so in white suits will show up at your door sometime very soon. They will want you to try on a new jacket. Just let them put it on you, don't fight it.

They will also take you away to a new, happier place. Trust me, you will want to go there. ;)

Have fun! :D

JangoFart
09-18-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner

JF,

Four men or so in white suits will show up at your door sometime very soon. They will want you to try on a new jacket. Just let them put it on you, don't fight it.

They will also take you away to a new, happier place. Trust me, you will want to go there. ;)

Have fun! :D

Well, well, well. Such sage advice. But, where the hell were YOU when they showed up 3 days ago???!! I thought they were Jehovah's Witnesses and told 'em to take off! Didn't know they had a happy place.....

J

Tycho
09-20-2002, 11:32 AM
Mouse Droid Sniffers:

Are you still getting e-mails letting you know that someone has replied to a thread you're subscribed to?

Today (as I post this) did you get an e-mail saying "Tycho has replied to a thread you're subscribed to entitled "Have you sniffed the new Mouse Droid?"

Or something like that?

I am not getting my messages when there have been replies to this thread.

It also has been moved when it should stay in the POTJ forum, as the Mouse worth sniffing is a feature with the POTJ R4-M9 figure.

People can discuss its articulation, why not discuss its particular smell when you shove it up your nostril? I mean people DO do that with their new figures, don't they? I always do!:D

JangoFart
09-20-2002, 11:36 AM
Tycho:

Yeah, I got one telling me you posted to this thread. You must have unchecked the email dealie on one of your posts. Reply to this one and confirm that it's checked and you should get the update notices now.

And, forget the nose; go for the goodies!

:)

J

Rogue II
09-20-2002, 12:28 PM
I didn't get the notification. I think I'll have to re-check my subscription button.

*snnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniifffffffffffffffff ffffffffffff*
oh yeah, that's good mouse droid.

I was once again inspired. I now have 5 mouse droids. 1 LARGE mouse droid from the accessory pack, 2 from the Death Star Droid, and 2 from R4-M9. I was looking at the 5 of them and thought. Hey, they could be put together to build a mouse droid Voltron!

*snnnnnnnnnnnnnifffffffffffffffffffff*
Did I mention that this is good mouse droid?

Darth Sidious
09-20-2002, 08:23 PM
I don't think it should have been moved either. After all, the Mouse Droid is a POTJ figure (NOT an accessory! It is a figure with a category all of its own-awesome. :D). As for the e-mails, the feature isn't enabled on mine, so I don't know. I have some advice to keep the scent of the Acklay's guts-Keep them wrapped up tightly in their bag inside the Acklay's stomach. Then stick your nose in the bag or in the stomach if you want (Make sure you don't get stuck). It's great! Mine are as strong as ever and it's been a week or two. Try this with all of your pungent figures!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-20-2002, 10:36 PM
I've been seeing a problem with E-mail's too.

I still get notifications from SirSteves, but it might be from only one or two posters when five or six of them replied to the thread from when I last checked them.

No biggie though, I just check my favorite threads frequently throughout the day.

Tycho
10-06-2002, 12:59 PM
We can't let the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Club die. Maybe we should be moved into the Collector Clubs' section?

I dunno.

My Darth Maul Unleashed still smells and it's been probably 1.5 months since I decided to start collecting Unleashed. I opened it right when I bought it.

Since I put together my JangoFett Unleashed, I haven't been able to wear Boba's poncho on my nose as of late.

It's only a small disappointment in my Star Wars hobby, because even next to strong scented stuff, new stuff always smells better anyway, right?

I thought freshness was the point!:)

Rogue II
10-06-2002, 04:00 PM
I'm itching to get Ephant Mon. Not only because he looks AWESOME, but the descriptions from the people who have him say he is fairly heavy.....That translates to me to "Lots of good plastic to sniff."

Hey Tycho, I was at Target yesterday. They had a boatload of Jango Fett and Darth Maul unleashed on clearance. I can pick some up for you so you can build up your private stash.

Tycho
10-06-2002, 04:11 PM
One is enough *(the one I already have) but thanks.

Like I said, part of the whole sniffing figures thing is that the newest ones smell the freshest.

It is psychological as well as olfactory. So for that we need something like Ephont Mon that hasn't been available previously.

Darth Sidious
10-06-2002, 07:47 PM
I bought a DBZ figure (Majin Boo, a big fat pink guy with a lekku for those who don't watch DBZ), and he is very potent! His pants are squishy plastic with 2 holes for leg articulation, and whenever you squeeze his pants air shoots out of the holes and it reeks of SW figures! Whether or not you like DBZ, you must smell this!

Rogue II
10-06-2002, 08:10 PM
I don't even know what DBZ is.

By the way, I got my wife to start sniffin' SW figures when I take them out of the package.:D

Tycho
10-29-2002, 01:42 AM
Ephont Mon smells so strong you get light-headed! I swear!

Oh wow - and with turning arms, wrists, waist, legs, tail, and yes - even his head, plus a moving jaw - this guy rocks! He could be the best Star Wars figure ever - and the strongest scented!

All hail Ephont Mouse - er....I mean Ephont Mon!

....if only they could get this much articulation in a Mouse Droid - how about 4 independently poseable hoverwheels? Whoa!

Ephont Mon is cool!

Rogue II
10-29-2002, 07:05 AM
I can't wait to get Ephant Mon. Everyone who has him says he is an awesome figure. Now, to find out he's good sniffin'.....

Tycho
10-30-2002, 01:26 AM
Hey everyone:

Darth Mouse wanted me to show you his Halloween Costume! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=191150)

What do you think? My Mouse Droid has been a Star Wars character for almost every Halloween. I guess Mousie wanted to do something new.

Darth Sidious
10-30-2002, 05:59 AM
Great costume Darth Mouse! I think I discovered a new smell-Clone Pilots. They seem to have a unique smell all of their own...Not quite as good as "normal figs" (With robes and such), but close.

Tycho
10-30-2002, 01:11 PM
One year Darth Mouse dressed as a Hippy Mouse for an underground psychedelic party!

Darth Sidious
10-30-2002, 02:24 PM
Once again, great costume. Tycho-You need a Thanksgiving Turkey costume for him, too! With feathers and stuff. :D

Tycho
10-30-2002, 03:06 PM
I'll work on it. Does anybody else dress up their Mouse Droid?:D

Tycho
10-30-2002, 04:37 PM
Because it's not yet Thanksgiving time, I haven't dug up my old pictures of when Darth Mouse dressed as the Turkey.

But meanwhile, Sniffers Club Members REJOICE!

I've Done it! It's alive! It's alive!

I have created the Ultimate Mouse Droid Sniffer's Harness! (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=191361)

With this device in place, there is virtually no chance of you accidentally EATING YOUR ACTION FIGURES while you are sniffing them - no matter how tempted you might be!

Some human experimentation was required in the evolution of this new, easy-to-wear, and comfortable design.

But I've worked so hard on it... in fact, losing several opportunities to have a real girlfriend while I remained single-mindedly dedicated to the process!

Now it's a success! Here for all to share in the glory in!

You never have to worry about being embarrassed about the consequences of sniffing your Mouse Droid in public again!

No one will need to pull the Heimlich Maneuver on you if you accidentaly eat your little friend because now my new invention protects you from that disaster, while makes a very positive fashion statement, frees your hands so you can grab more Star Wars figures in the stores during tough holiday shopping seasons, virtually garauntees nobody is going to cut in front of YOU in the toy isles - as you're sure to look like the serious fan with my Star Wars fashion ware - and best of all, you can't lose your Mouse Droids - they're always there for any occasion you might want to sniff them!

TAH-Duh!

Rogue II
10-30-2002, 04:42 PM
I'll see what I can find. I think I already posted my Greatful Dead mouse. I have some another ideas, but I need to work on them.

I have 4 mouse driods from thr Death Star droid and R4. With those 4 and the large one from the DS Accessory pack I will form MOUSE-A-TRON, companion to Voltron. I just can't figure out how to keep them together...some puddy might work.

Rogue II
10-30-2002, 06:40 PM
Ok, here we go:

Rogue II
10-30-2002, 06:43 PM
And next, something for the kids:

Rogue II
10-30-2002, 06:47 PM
And finally, something for the race fan....

The Sir Steve sponsored NASCAR Mouse Droid. Yes, that's the Sir Steve's Guide on the hood.

Tycho
10-30-2002, 06:59 PM
Wow! I can't tell which I like better: the Racing Mouse or the Ghost of Darth Mouse!

Mickey Mouse is really cute too!

Great job - and really creative.

BTW, just a hunch, but I think 1138's a winning number! If you don't know what I'm talking about, forget the movies, see Rogue 2's pictures!!!

:)

Rogue II
10-30-2002, 07:25 PM
Thanks, Tycho.

I might eventually do a Herbie the Love Mousedroid, but here is another Disney-based pic in the meantime.

Darth Sidious
10-30-2002, 07:35 PM
All of the pictures are great Rogue II, keep it up. :) Tycho, when I read about people not eating mouse droids with your harness, I hoped you would use the Hannibal mask, and you did! That is great!

Darth Sidious
12-14-2002, 10:33 AM
I got it! I found R4-M9, BoShek, and Teebo last night at my TRU (I know, it is strange that I found these now), and I finally got to sniff the Mouse Droid. I can't put it down! I love heating it up under a bright light and sniffing it, truly a rewarding experience! :)

Rogue II
12-14-2002, 10:37 AM
Have you seen this one?

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=203136#post203136

Did I mention I have 4 Saga Imperial Guards now? They are all funky.

Darth Sidious
12-14-2002, 10:39 AM
I'm really sorry everyone, I'm not trying to postpad, I just don't know how to put attachments into an image when you edit it. Oh, wait, it doesn't matter if you post multiple times in miscellaneous, nevermind. :D Anyway, I was messing around with the color and stuff and I discovere this-Goldendroid!

Tycho
12-14-2002, 06:35 PM
Oh my! I'm on my knees before the GOLDEN MOUSE!

Rogue II
12-14-2002, 07:59 PM
Coming soon, to a theater near you....

Darth Sidious is
THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN MOUSE DROID

Darth Sidious
12-14-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Coming soon, to a theater near you....

Darth Sidious is
THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN MOUSE DROID

Hahaha! Now it is official-GoldenMouse: The Avatar! :D

Darth Sidious
12-14-2002, 09:51 PM
Here, I made a silverdroid avatar. If anyone wants to use it please do, you have my permission. :)

Rogue II
12-14-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Here, I made a silverdroid avatar. If anyone wants to use it please do, you have my permission. :)

It looks like a Monopoly game piece. :D

Darth Sidious
12-14-2002, 10:58 PM
My God it does! It looks exactly like one! That's it: We will make Mouse Droid Monopoly. :evil:

Tycho
12-15-2002, 01:59 AM
The mental image of Jawa Commandos robbing Fort Knox, loaded with golden Mouse Droids just flashed into my head.

Darth Sidious would sort of be the James Bond character parachuting over target to come to the Mouse Droid's rescue - only he'd be the first Sith Lord to wear a tuxedo under his Dark Lord cloak - and he'd have golden Mouse Droid cufflinks on his suit, as well....

Darth Sidious
12-15-2002, 12:28 PM
Don't forget the Golden Mouse Droid C-4 Plastique! Everyone needs some C-4 occasionally. :D And the Golden Gun that fires little Mouse Droids...I could go on all day. And My Golden Mouse Droid aromred vehicle!

Rogue II
12-17-2002, 02:44 PM
Well, I finally got Ephant Mon. My wife found him at TRU for me.:D<insert happy dance here>:D

I remember someone said he was pretty funky, so I was expecting the worst when I opened him. So, I sat down on the couch and put my feet up on the table and slowly opened the package.

meh.

He had only a fraction of the funk that the Royal Guard had. I have 2 POTJ mouse Droids.....Ephant Mon is no Mouse Droid.:(

Even without the stink, he is still an awesome figure, and has taken his place in my Jabba's Palace set-up......now if they would make a new Jabba, Yarna, Bubo, and Sgt Doallyn...

*warning: Mouse Droid induced rant*

Speaking of Sgt Doallyn, I was in the action figure aisle at Target. Dissapointed with the lack of Star Wars figures, I wandered down the row and saw some GI Joe figures. One of them had a some sort of Cobra troop who'se helmet looked a lot like Doallyn's. I think I could custom him. Anyway, does anyone collect GI Joe and do they have the wonderful smells as the Star Wars line?:crazed:
***end of mouse droid induced rant***

Tycho
12-17-2002, 04:14 PM
I buy some GI Joes for SW customs, or just to use as SW background extras. I have never noticed their smell quality. Most Joes just use standard plastic. It's the more pliant, exotic material used in molded robes, etc. that smells. So I can't highly recommend sniffing Joes. It does nothing to me.

On a side note, I bought 3 Spy Kids sets to do some SW customs. On clearance for 3.98, they were like 2 bucks per figure.

The little blonde haired girl is perfect for Tahiri. On the Jedi's mission to Myrkr, she might've been dresses exactly like that for black ops (they were to kill the voxyn beast queen so the Yuuzhan Vong couldn't clone any more of the Jedi predators).

The shorter boys' head is not cool, but removing it and adding the taller boy's head, makes a good Jacen Solo. I realize he'd probably be even more fully grown that that by the time of the Myrkr mission (he'd be almost 19, wouldn't he?) but I wanted the figure to still be smaller, thus younger looking, than his father. The only thing is, these figures are stockier and don't look that good next to Han and some other regular line figures.

Finally, with the black haired girl, adding a Sith accessory robe to her (hood down) made a nice Jaina Solo from the Myrkr mission. I may paint her hair more brown, and the face is not perfect for Jaina, but I compared her head with that of Leia's and Padme's:

none of them really look like Carrie or Natalie, and furthermore, my "Jaina's" face looked no less real. While some customizers feel it's ok to use a Leia or Padme head to customize Jaina, since they all are related, I wanted something different to show some of Han's influence in his daughter's genetics.

These figures do not really smell either. However boiling them in water to remove their heads can produce unique smelling steam.

Maybe this should have gone in the customizer's forum, but oh well - I'm always delighted to share new stuff with the Sniffers' Club Membership.

Darth Sidious
12-17-2002, 07:56 PM

Darth Sidious would sort of be the James Bond character parachuting over target to come to the Mouse Droid's rescue - only he'd be the first Sith Lord to wear a tuxedo under his Dark Lord cloak - and he'd have golden Mouse Droid cufflinks on his suit, as well....

Haha, when reading over this thread again I just realized how utterly hilarious it would be to see Ian McDiarmid doing that... (Especially in his old-arsed ROTJ makeup). The customs sound cool, Tycho, damn I wish you had a digital camera...

plasticfetish
01-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Because I often think of this thread when I'm smelling plastics ... I offer this quote from the Canadian Institute of Child Health (http://www.cfc-efc.ca/docs/cccf/rs047_en.htm) Web site ...

How can PVC toys be identified?
Children's toys rarely have a label indicating the type of plastic they contain. If a toy is in its original packaging, the words "vinyl" or "PVC" may appear in the description. You might identify soft PVC items by smell: phthalates often have a pungent, disagreeable odour. However, a masking agent is often applied to cover up the natural smell of the additive. Soft PVC products tend to be soft but not rubbery and tend not to return immediately to their initial shape after being twisted or bent.

hmmm ... sounds like our smell ... and reading further I learned ...

Why is there concern about phthalates?
Phthalates are not bound to the plastic and thus can migrate out of infant toys that are chewed and sucked and can be swallowed by the child. Scientific studies on animals have confirmed that exposure to phthalates can lead to liver, kidney and reproductive system damage. Some studies have shown that these chemicals are hormonally active and may interfere with hormone systems that regulate normal growth and development in children.

What are the effects of lead and cadmium?
Lead causes damage to the nervous system, leading to decreased learning ability and behavioural deficits. Children are especially susceptible because they absorb and retain lead more easily than adults and also because their brains are still developing. Cadmium is known to produce cancer and in animal tests causes kidney damage; it can affect the developing brain.

Oh ... thank you very much Canada ... another one of my life's joys ruined by your plastics paranoia!!!

Darth Sidious
01-07-2003, 07:45 PM
I've been sniffing since '95...I don't plan on stopping now. :)

Rogue II
01-07-2003, 07:51 PM
Well, that can explain Tycho's strange recent posts.

Tycho
01-08-2003, 03:16 AM
:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Darth Sidious
01-08-2003, 05:56 AM
Even that doesn't explain the strangeness of the Dead Thread...:dead: :D

Tycho
11-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Mouse Droid Sniffers Unite!

I have found the perfect new Star Wars product for you!

UNLEASHED BOBA FETT!

I can't begin to tell you how much joy this latest Star Wars item has brought me!

First, and so obviously impressive, is the sniff-the-Sarlaac experience! Displayed, it is a wonderful visualization of Fett's rocket fire igniting a fireball over the mouth of the Sarlaac.

Inverted, it looks like a large replica of red vomit that you can stick your whole face into! That's right, eyes, nose, mouth, everything fits! (if you have a small face) And this thing retains its plastic gas, especially when you display it as it is intended to be, since the opening is face down, and makes a natural seal with your shelf surface, trapping all that good new-plastic-smell within its confines. Plus if you hold this up to the light while sniffing, it really looks trippy, and the red vomit effect is enhanced to look like it is barfing in motion! (there is that one horizontal cross mold that fits the rocket pack's flare into the larger fireball that kind of ruins the all-natural look, but then again the Unleashed Line isn't supposed to be authentic. This could just be an artist's interpretation of ejected puke).

Anyway, the fun doesn't stop there! The Unleashed Boba Fett provides a ton of new ways to stimulate your nostrils: for instance, the Sarlaac tentacles can reach right up your nose! They retain some scent for sure. And Boba himself has a hand outstretched, as if HE wants to pick your nose. His fingers will offer a unique texture up your airholes, and may even remove refuse that's clogged in there.

Of course if you feel stuffed up and you want to blow open a passage to get more air, a proton torpedo would definitely do the trick! Fett's is positioned absolutely perfectly if you're so inclined to stick this up your nose!

Anyway, if anyone else has discovered a new way to enjoy your Boba Fett Unleashed, please let us know! This is a great day for the Sniffers' Association!

[disclaimer: author acknowledges that JediTricks informed him that sniffing PVC Plastics have been said to increase the risk of cancer in human beings. For those of you who are not human beings, we cannot be for certain what side effects you may experience from collecting too many plastic Star Wars figures. We are serious.]

billfremore
11-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Tycho...

You've got waaaaaaaaayyyyy too much time on your hands man.:)

El Chuxter
11-19-2003, 12:14 PM
I've not found the new Fett, but when I opened my Unleashed Sidious, it was like a breath of pure electricity. :happy:

plo koon 200
11-19-2003, 02:23 PM
I now must open up... Wait a second, what am I doing. Ah, the aroma is over-whelming.

Tycho
07-21-2004, 03:17 AM
It's BACK!

Yes it's true. The Mouse Droid Sniffing Phenomenon was just referred to in another thread.

Club members prepare yourselves for Comic Con 2004!

Bring your Mouse Droids!

And get ready for Celebration 3 in Indianapolis where we'll unveil Major Mouse in the house!

Oh yeah Baby. Good times are rolling again! - and that's the reason Hasbro gave the Mouse Droids wheels (in case you were ever wondering).

mabudonicus
07-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Hopefully Stanse can be there too, with a bit of a slowdown in my collecting, the band has only had a couple McFarlane Hockey figs to tide them over (really aggressive "nose", but the "bouquet" isn't as varied as SW figs tend to be, sorta like schlitz beer compared to Cristal)

I'm guessing that you won't need a name tag to be readily identifiable, eh Tycho??

:beard:

Tycho
02-23-2005, 01:31 AM
A creative writing exercise.....

Every Action Figure has a smell...
Every loose figure once was in packaging...
Every Mouse Droid was once worth sniffing!

At last we will inhale ourselves! At last we will get "the scent!"

........................Episode One: The Phantom Mouse
Odor has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The sniffing of action figures is in dispute.

Hoping to resolve the matter with carded collectors, Tycho has recommended the tiny piece known as the Mouse.

While the Mouse Droid Sniffers Association endlessly inhales this harbinger of good scent, Tycho has secretly dispatched DARTH MOUSE,
the guardian of phat smells in the galaxy to sniff this one out

Tycho
02-23-2005, 01:47 AM
And the exciting sequel....

A Sniff Lord Knows No Inhibition
A Sniff Lord knows No Packaging
A Sniff Lord knows No Scent That Lasts Forever

...............................Episode Two: Attack of the Mice

The Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association is being challenged. Several thousand carded collectors have threatened to put their packaged figures into Starcases.

This Mint-on-Mint-Card movement under the leadership of Obsessive-Compulsive Shoppers has made it increasingly difficult for the limited number of Sniff Lords to free Star Wars figures from their packaging.

Darth Mouse, the former Big Snort, is returning to the message boards to help others to vote on the critical issue of Opening Their Action Figures to help others inhale their freed Star Wars figures....

El Chuxter
02-23-2005, 02:12 PM
Tycho, you do realize that the sniffing of mouse droids leads to nose buggars, right?

Val Da Car
02-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Will there be a booth at C3 for the MDSA?

El Chuxter
03-24-2006, 01:13 AM
Wow. I'm still reeling from the powerful, intoxicating vapors generated by the X-Men Classics Beast I opened a few weeks ago. Trust me, everyone, this guy puts all mouse droids to shame. I'm still seeing swirly colors in my field of vision and hearing "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" playing constantly in my mind.

Tycho
03-24-2006, 01:18 AM
Due to recent developments, we'll see about relocating the home for the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association. Everyone got a whiff?

Tycho
02-14-2007, 03:20 PM
We're back with an update for those of you who like sniffing their own Hutt!
Yes, SideShow's Jabba the Hutt!

A definitive smell he has - pretty much synonymous with permanent black marker. I have a nose for these things you know.

Anyway, when you first open Jabba and set him up on his throne, the aroma is overwhelming.

However, I regret to report that it fades quickly.

To get a better whiff of his scent after your Jabba is around a day or so, you need to get in close and Kiss Hutt.

Yes, kissing Hutt can often be a good solution to the problem.

Remember, this advice is highly useful and sought after and only the President of your Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association could bring to you the exciting results of this breakthrough in research!

Tycho
10-14-2007, 03:50 AM
In our effort to continue alerting you Sniffers of interesting Star Wars smells,
the Association comes back at you with another recommendation for Sideshow Collectibles Bubo creature set - specifically for Bubo himself.

Inhale deeply. Aaaah. That sensation you smell is probably toxic. It's just another way the Association is helping you die with all your toys.

Blue2th
10-14-2007, 06:16 AM
When I was a kid we didn't HAVE mouse droids to sniff!
We got our kicks from "Super-elastic-bubble-plastic" and Mattel "Plasti-goop" you know that stuff you pour into molds and cook (mmm, nice smell of burning plastic) we made our own bugs, wiggle-worms, and such. Halloween fangs etc. No telling what those unregulated plastic chemicals did to our brains. :ninja:

I think all that made me over-sensitized to the smell of plastic, and now I just get a head-ache. Though curiosity still makes me sniff every figure I open, I can't help it (see the power of suggestion)

Now I believe, like fine wine sniffers there are connessuiers (spell-check) of this type of activity.

Tycho
12-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Tycho - do yourself a favor and either get a wave 7 R2 or be around when someone else opens one.

The odor coming off the plastic net is mind-numbingly strong - so strong, in fact I think it might even cause temporary blindness and hearing loss. :shocked:

Oh wow. I may have to revive the old Mouse Droid Sniffing thread and post your recommendation, giving you full credit of course!

I didn't have plans to buy this R2. It's interesting that it's the accessory that smells. You wouldn't figure. I didn't look at him when I encountered him in the store and just assumed it was the same thread net that the 1983 Ewok Village Playset contained - or something similar.

I wonder how you'd sniff this? Wrap the whole net over your face? Or maybe roll the cargo net up so that it can be inserted directly in a nostril...

Everyone's welcome to share their thoughts!

TeeEye7
12-18-2007, 01:55 AM
Doesn't the EPA have regulations over this kind of stuff? :confused:

Tycho
04-19-2010, 09:06 PM
This Emergency Message Is Brought To You By Tycho, The President of the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association:
Open and sniff your Clone Wars Hondo Ohnaka action figures! It is an olfactory experience! :crazed:

I just had to open him to get my POP and order form for Nahdar Vebb and he's a pretty cool character, so I took him out of his packaging. Nice!

The smell is reminiscient of other figures with soft plastic cloaks like Ketwol or Zam Wessel.

But I'd request that the membership behaves itself and does not sniff Hondo's monkey! :crazed:

El Chuxter
04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Jeez, Tycho, I've got one for you. I picked up a Secret Saturdays figure (some dude named Doyle) at Big Lots to use as the basis for a custom. I just opened it up. The fumes filled the entire house, and it was like Woodstock. He was only $3. If you're only looking for the high, I doubt you could find more bang for your buck. This guy is like plastic crack.

Tycho
06-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Big Nose! News!!!

There may be a change in Leadership!

Today, V.P. Slicker might be meeting with President of the United States Barack Obama.

His ability as an executive is being reviewed now. If we deem him worthy, we may invite him to join the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association.

He is already a Star Wars fan (see picture below).

In the past our national Chief Executive said he didn't inhale.

Now we have a new leader-in-training.

Barack Obama might be just who we need to cultivate the necessary command experience in so as to one day lead the Mouse Droids Sniffers' Association!

Later today, MDSA Vice President Slicker may make the exclusive membership offer!

However, a leader is often very busy in his important role, and Slicker's calendar might be too full for him to pencil Obama in on his schedule. I hope it will be possible that President Obama does get a chance to meet with someone as important as Mr. Slicker. It will surely be one of the major highlights of President Obama's first term in office.

Blue2th
06-14-2010, 08:25 PM
VIP visits to the White House and everything, and Slickers Mom gets to come too.
If they like her she'll get to come and go as she pleases like Jeff Gannon. :yes:

Someone needs to photoshop the Prez and put a cloak on him. :thumbsup:

I opened one of my 45 gallon tubs filled nearly to the top with loose figures in baggies this weekend to see if they had all melted together. They were ok but did I get a whiff. Possible head rush.

Tycho
06-14-2010, 08:52 PM
I opened one of my 45 gallon tubs filled nearly to the top with loose figures in baggies this weekend to see if they had all melted together. They were ok but did I get a whiff. Possible head rush.

Awesome: did you have visions of Jocasta Nu or Old Jira action figures? What about a Clone Wars Nute Gunray? He would smell unreal with all that plastic used for his cloak!

Slicker
06-14-2010, 09:24 PM
I shall do my best President Tycho! *salutes*

Blue2th
06-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Awesome: did you have visions of Jocasta Nu or Old Jira action figures? What about a Clone Wars Nute Gunray? He would smell unreal with all that plastic used for his cloak!

I think I had a plastic epiphany, but I soon forgot what it was.

Jocasta Nu would ruin my olfactory experience I think. She has the unmistakable smell of illegitimacy, and does not belong in the hallowed halls of the MDSA.

I too salute all ye!

Lord Malakite
06-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Jocasta Nu would ruin my olfactory experience I think.
If she had a figure I imagine it would smell like Aspercreme.