PDA

View Full Version : Seriously. Thanks for the Droids, Hasbro!

mark2d2
03-26-2002, 04:46 AM
Just a quick kudos here for giving us three very amazing droids back to back.

FX-7 -- Hands down the best Star Wars Figure Ever IMOP. Way to Go!!!

R4-M9 -- Very obscure. Very well done. Interesting figure choice. Unexpected.

R3-T7 -- Even more out of left field was this guy! An R3? Awesome.

Now if we could just get R1-G4 and . . . uh . . . that certain pesky red R5 unit some of us keep bugging you about . . . your journey to the droid side would be complete . . .

But seriously. These figures are EXACTLY what I not only want out of the line --- but what I never in a million years dreamed we'd actually get. Thanks again. Keep 'em coming!!!!!

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 08:39 AM
Yes! Hasbro has really stepped up to the plate on the droid issue. Way to go Hasbro. Now get to work on the vintage figures still needing resculpt love. Madine, Imperial Dignitary, Wooof, and Cloud Car Pilot.

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 09:57 AM
On a side note, when coming up with how to display the astro droids in the bubble, leave the third leg tucked inside so we don't have to worry about the bent leg issue, sometimes it's just ridiculous on having it out when theres no room for it or the packers can't do it right. R2-Q5 and R4-M9's packing ring a bell? ;)

Jayspawn
03-26-2002, 10:40 AM
Right on Hasbro! Thanks for the droids, make more!

browndroid
03-26-2002, 11:57 AM
yes, droids are great to have, they look cool when you pose them next to lukes xwing, makes it look like they're working on it. great for diaromas

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 12:06 PM
Now that we are getting so many Astromechs... how about a few more two-legged droids or even some of the "other" droids as well... Only after you guys do the R5, of course!

Fixer
03-28-2002, 07:46 AM
Yes Hasbro, thank you! Despite my pleas in another post for R5, I appreciate the wonderful droids you've given us in the past year. FX-7 may be flat out the best executed figure in all of the modern line. The slew of astromechs (R2-Q5, R4, R3, and even naboo escape R2) are wonderful additions to the collection. Next, I would request in addition to R5, CZ-3, U-3PO, an R1 and any other sandcrawler droids you'd care to provide. A silver Death Star Droid would be nice as well. Thanks again!

evenflow
03-28-2002, 10:27 AM
Even though i am a bigger fan of aliens, i agree that hasbro has done a great job with the recent droids. Kepp up the good work.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
04-01-2002, 02:16 PM
Yes, great droids Hasbro! R4 and R3 are really cool! Keep them coming, in all shapes and colors. More astromechs, more protocol droids, more obscure and cool-looking droids! I will buy them all!:D ;) :) :greedy: :D

Droidlover
04-21-2002, 10:08 PM
Especially a new sculpt of R5D4. He is one we definitely need. I am throughly impressed by what I have seen, but saddened he has not made an appearance. I bet he is coming though.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-22-2002, 11:36 AM
Still haven't seen ANY of those droids and i really wanted R4 and Q5.

:(

Rogue II
04-22-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by DarthMaulSithLord
Still haven't seen ANY of those droids and i really wanted R4 and Q5.

Dude, you really need to pick up R4 and R2-Q5. R4 is the better of the two, I still have yet to see it in the stores. I bought mine online. I think I ended up paying US$7.50 and it was well worth it.

I did manage to find Q5 in the stores and I ended up buying 2. They both have the Imperial spelling error. The R3 figure is pretty cool also. I like the clear dome and his legs were well done. I got rid of that blue energy stuff that was on him and used it to re-enact the Jawa's capture of R2-D2.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-23-2002, 01:33 PM
Yeah i know, but i live in The Netherlands *shudders* and i don't think i'll see R2-Q5 at the fair in September when they didn't even have it last year. M9 will probably be gone too.

:cry:

Droidlover
04-27-2002, 12:29 AM
But do you guys think an R5D4 is coming? I heard rumors he is in the new movie and I was hoping that equaled a new, decent figure. Easy enough for Hasbro. Simply use existing astro body with a new head. I'd buy several for customs alone. But I would want him more available than say TC14 and R2B1.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-28-2002, 07:28 AM
R2-B1 sucks, he doesn't even have a middle leg.

Rogue II
04-28-2002, 03:46 PM
I have never seen R2-B1. I have been looking for it, but I'm not about to pay $25 for it. And if you say it isn't any good, I may just cross it off my list. Is TC-14 worth purchasing?

mark2d2
04-28-2002, 05:44 PM
TC-14 is an outstanding figure. Excellent pose, the tray accessory is pretty cool ---- and his deco is truly amazing. The eyes especially are wicked cool. Definitely worth picking up. And in my mind --- so is R2-B1 --- IF you can get him for a reasonable price. He looks great IMOP.

Droidlover
04-28-2002, 11:54 PM
I have to agree with Mark regarding TC14. He is an excellent figure.
I would be a little leary of paying $25 for R2B1, unless your an extreme droid addict like myself( I mean I bought the shocking Queen's ship especially for the red R2). You could always paint another R2 unit blue and yellow.
Now I would pay more than that for a decent R5D4.

mark2d2
04-29-2002, 03:27 AM
Oh, I agree. I got these both for retail from a scalper --- Damaged Cards, so he couldn't jack the prices up. I didn't care. I'm an "opener." At any rate, they look great together as the chromes match nicely. A nifty counterpart to the Artoo/Threepio pairing.

DarthMaulSithLord
04-29-2002, 04:21 AM
I already have the Red astromech from the Naboo Royal Starship, but i just bought another one for a few Dollars. I think i'll repaint it to look like R2-B1. Hope i'm also getting the stand thingy with it.

:)