PDA

View Full Version : New AOTC released figs packaging

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2002, 11:23 AM
Just curious as to what everyone thinks of the new packaging for the AOTC figures for those who have seen them close up or just in pictures?

I'm gonna miss POTJ packaging, I really thought it was one of Hasbro's best!

I myself don't like the "bigger" bubbles. It's too far away from the old vintage figures I collected as a kid, which Hasbro packaging up until now reminded me of. The new ones remind me of WWF figures packaging :mad:

browndroid
03-26-2002, 11:40 AM
i liked the potj packing also, the bigger bubble makes it look pretty funny

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 11:44 AM
I also liked the POTJ line and packaging alot. However, since the line is over now, it makes it more of a collectible line and more unique.
I dont particularly care for the larger bubbles on the new blue cards, but that is not a big deal.
I really like the color scheme on the blue cards, with the space-themed background.
However my favorite addition is the vintage-style hands holding the lightsaber. Reminds me of the old ROTJ theatrical posters.

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 12:10 PM
I like the new logo. I think it's really pretty sharp looking. As fas as the bubbles... I really don't care since I take the figures out anyhow.

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 12:14 PM
One thing I did notice was how smaller these are in comparison to the other lines. I received a Shaak Ti in the mail Saturday and it is about the same scale as the Preview figures. On the net and in the magazines the cards and bubbles look alot bigger, but once you are holding them in your hands they are quite small.
But I like these alot.

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 12:19 PM
I had the same perception of these when I first saw JEDI DREW'S figures. I was like, "Woh! These look so much smaller than I had originally perceived!!!"

Strange how we all thought the new figures were going to be these monstrosities. In reality, they are in scale with all of the POTJ ones.

Jargo
03-26-2002, 01:32 PM
I was rather hoping for a single centered bubble with a plain, no picture, smaller card. What we got was halfway toward what I'd like to see which I know is a minority desire. I'd have prefered a darker blue but then again, like JP I open everything so it's pretty for about twenty minutes then it's trash. :D Who cares if the card is even printed, just so long as the damn goods are up to scratch and not cheap nasty crap dressed up as quality like we're getting right now. I seriously hope the main bulk of the April releases are significantly better or I'm quitting collecting. Why waste money on second rate product? I'll go find some new interest as far as toys go.

pthfnder89
03-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I was rather hoping for a single centered bubble with a plain, no picture, smaller card. What we got was halfway toward what I'd like to see which I know is a minority desire. I'd have prefered a darker blue but then again, like JP I open everything so it's pretty for about twenty minutes then it's trash. :D

Same here; I don't usually get too excited about the packaging.
But I do really like the new design. I like having the blister in the center of the card instead of the side as it showcases the figure a lot better. Also, I like the new logo better than the POTJ cartoon ObiWan. I didn't have a problem with the POTJ packaging at all, but I think this is a step up.

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 02:28 PM
I liked it when the figure was off too the side.. I dunno, the bigger bubbles just seem to make it look way different in sizes and stuff... It's weird. I would've prefered the off to the side packaging, I mean that would've meant they couldn't of put alot of them in those very dynamic poses. :p

Jargo
03-26-2002, 03:05 PM
When I said smaller card, i meant that the bubbles should have been the same size as the POTJ bubbles but the card should have got smaller so it just covered the back of the bubble with a peg hole just above it. The logo could have gone on the bottom of the bubble at the figures lower leg level and the info about the character would go on the back just above the bar code. Simple effective and you could pack a ton more to a case and displays. No fuss, just the toy, the name and the info. That's what i would have done.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
When I said smaller card, i meant that the bubbles should have been the same size as the POTJ bubbles but the card should have got smaller so it just covered the back of the bubble with a peg hole just above it. The logo could have gone on the bottom of the bubble at the figures lower leg level and the info about the character would go on the back just above the bar code. Simple effective and you could pack a ton more to a case and displays. No fuss, just the toy, the name and the info. That's what i would have done.

I LIKE IT!

Great Idea and something totally new to star wars packaging...that would have been cool!

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 04:32 PM
I like the cards staying the same size, but I gotta agree, it would've been more efficient, the R3-T7 packaging looks so empty with just him being there...