PDA

View Full Version : Fett vs. Fett!

DeadEye
03-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Post who's gonna make the moves!!! Jango Fett from AOTC versus Boba Fett from ESB (and NOT the inept Fett from ROTJ)

WHO WOULD WIN????:D

Pendo
03-26-2002, 02:31 PM
From the movies point of view I would say Jango because he looks way cooler, and we haven't really seen boba in action much.

From the EU point of view, I'd say boba had a better chance. Before I answer this thread fully I'd rather read some Jango Fett books first and wait until Episode III to see Boba in action.

PENDO!

Lobito
03-26-2002, 02:31 PM
Well...Boba Fett survived EPII and III...but, What i've seen from the AOTC teasers...it should be interesting indeed. Now i like Boba more than Jango.

Deleted in respect for a SW'S fan's mom.

Sorry:)

Mandalorian Candidat
03-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
whats up with the names...Jango??? Sounds like a chimp!!:D

Dude, my mom's name is Jango.:cry: :cry:

stormie
03-26-2002, 03:01 PM
If it weren't for Boba's high-pitched, girly and weak yelp as he fell into that pit at the beginning of ROTJ, I'd have gone with him (sorry, just can't get that out of my mind...no matter how slick he was in ESB). But as of now, I'd have to go with Jango. ;)

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 03:13 PM
I like them both, but I will have to go with Jango.
I just dont like how Boba goes out in ROTJ. He never gets a real chance to show his true skill.
However Jango will show his skill in AOTC, and I think we will really get an idea of why the Fett name is so respected.

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 03:25 PM
If you think about it. Vader did most of the planning and dirty work. Boba just found him. Boba flew him to Jabba... but that's about it. Jango seems to be a little more of a man of action! Then again... why not? Nothing beats the original!

Lobito
03-26-2002, 03:26 PM
Dude, my mom's name is Jango.

I'm sorry my friend.

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by stormie
If it weren't for Boba's high-pitched, girly and weak yelp as he fell into that pit at the beginning of ROTJ, I'd have gone with him (sorry, just can't get that out of my mind...

It wasn't a "high-pitched, girly and weak yelp", granted it wasn't the classic "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!" but it was more like a toned down "AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!" :p

Non based EU opinion (which is the only opinion I'm using on this):
Both'em have their feats, I think Boba would've been more exciting had there been more to him in the movies, I would've like to have seen him fire darts from one of his knee pieces into a Skiff Guard that gets in front of Chewie to attack him. :D Jango, well he's got the help of CGI to do all this stuff, Boba really had to do it. :rolleyes: Plus I kinda prefer the sniper-like-rifle over the twin blasters... :cool:

odb
03-26-2002, 04:39 PM
It would be a draw.

Bob would end up falling down some conveniently placed hole/chasm/pit letting out a girly scream or toned down arrrghhh depending on who you are, in the processing taking himself out of the action.

Meanwhile Jango seeing Boba fall turns to walk away only hit his head on a nearby overhang knocking himself out. Of course its all speculation from their track records.

Result: a draw

SithDroid
03-26-2002, 05:15 PM
I'd have to go with Bongo Fett. A Clone of a Clone named Boba Fett.:crazed: "I like pizza Steve!"

(10 points to whoever knows what movie that quote is from)

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 10:18 PM
"She touched my peppy, Steve."

Who would win between Fett vs. Fett? The fans! Hooray!

By the way didn't Fett vs. Fett win an academy award for best pic in 1980?

browndroid
03-26-2002, 10:26 PM
well ive been a fan of boba for a long time, and i dont plan on stopping now! i really like jango too though, hence my avatar

SithDroid
03-27-2002, 12:43 AM
And the points go to Rollo. I knew you'd probably know.

PloKoon2385
03-27-2002, 12:53 AM
Hmm... From what I saw, Boba looked pretty clever... but Jango knew how to fight... hmm.... It could be pretty close but I would place my bets on Jango. Jango probably tought Boba everything he knows and nothing beats an original. So, go for it Jango ol' pal!
*BLAST*:dead:

chewie
03-27-2002, 01:12 AM
From what Ive seen. Jango is a man of action. Boba stood around and complained about getting his bounty all day. And then gets killed by a blind man. Very lame.

I'm gonna have to say Jango is better.

JediTricks
03-27-2002, 10:12 PM
I think this needs to be moved to the Episode II section.

DeadEye
03-28-2002, 10:24 AM
Well, we never actually saw Boba fighting...but we know Jango fights, and does it WELL...

Wolfwood319
03-28-2002, 10:34 AM
A Michael Keaton classic if you ask me. Never seen a bad Harold Ramis movie.

Its a draw for me as well. We never really saw Boba Fett do anything in the OT, and while Jango does cool stuff from what we've seen, he's a 1 trick pony. Cool costumes though.

dirtybones
03-28-2002, 02:33 PM
Jango is the man!! Think about it when a master Jedi tells him " Your clones are quite impresive" what else would need to be said to figure out who the top dog is? Woof-Woof Go Jango!:evil:
Besides, look at all those beautiful clone troopers:kiss:
"THEIR USEING A BOUNTY HUNTER NAMED JANGO FETT TO BUILD AN ARMY"

JetsAndHeels
03-28-2002, 02:51 PM
I am sure this will shock everyone but I have to pick Jango.
Not much talk, all action.

CrossWizard
03-28-2002, 08:40 PM
Both rank pretty high in the crap-o-meter, Boba is a stupid one liner that gets killed by a blind man by accident and Jango is just the newest Darth Maul, like the other guy said a 1 trick pony that gets killed rather quickly, merely created to cash into the cult favoritism that his son, Boba has.

2-1B
06-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Definitely Jango for me as well...way more substance and dimension to the character. The adult Boba Fett is all flash.