PDA

View Full Version : bespin vader?

fourtwo
03-26-2002, 03:38 PM
that other star wars toys site...rebel scum..posted some shots of the new bespin vader.

thoughts? its honestly not what i was hoping for, judging from the pics atleast. i think i'll try to find a dagobah vader first :)

Battle Droid
03-26-2002, 03:49 PM
I'm not to sure about the action feature, it may ruin the figure.

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Still has the energy blast effect on the saber blade and has a swishing lightsaber gimmick... Wake me when it's over. :p I don't really see anything special about the Vader actually... Another Vader, with an old gimmick... Which by the looks of the Vader is all there is, I mean, appears to be heavily pre-posed, looks like all you can do is have him "force grab" his saber when it's close to him (small magnets, small power) and then he can "chop" something in half.... well if I want him to do that, I'll display him doing that. A multi-poseable figure would've been much better, and it's not like there was really anything in the way of giving him alot of articulation, he's a perfect candidate for a cloth cape.

hukilu
03-26-2002, 04:34 PM
I happen to like this version. Like its been said many times before the Lukes and Vaders sell much better than the Ketwols and Porkins and so the Big H will most probally try and think of new ways to include these figures. So I tend to look forward to each new resculpt because it is avoidable.

The only problem I see with this fig is it would a just a little cooler if he had shoulder damage inflicted by his long-lost son.

Jargo
03-26-2002, 04:35 PM
Oh well, at least the gantry accessory will help us diorama builders out a little.... wait, it's not the whole gantry? Oh poo! :mad: Guess this is one more to ignore then. I hope to great Juno on high that the bespin Luke is 100 times better than this pile o' crud. Lightsaber grab action my arse! lightsaber swinging action my arse! breakaway gantry my arse! What a waste of a chance. Talk about dropping the ball. :rolleyes:

fourtwo
03-26-2002, 05:16 PM
wow was my post the basis for a new forum?
sweet :)

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 05:36 PM
Yep, all your fault, you forced them to do it. :D

Rogue II
03-26-2002, 06:50 PM
Ya know, I really don't know what to think about this one. :confused:

My first reaction was, hey, that's a cool looking Darth Vader. Then I thought about it....another Vader? It looks like it should have been part of an Anniversary Pack....pre-posed.

AT-AT Man
03-26-2002, 06:52 PM
could someone please post a link

Rogue II
03-26-2002, 06:55 PM
www.rebelscum.com

sirstevesguide.com is a much better site as a whole, but rebelscum does have the pic.

billfremore
03-26-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by fourtwo
wow was my post the basis for a new forum?
sweet :)

Nice job fourtwo!
(Although I'm sure the staff might have had something to do with it too) :)

Another vader?
Man I've already got 7 of them, I guess I'll have 8 now.

Actually the more of them they do the closer they get the proportions correct.

I figure 10 or 15 more of these and they should have it perfected. :)

Dar' Argol
03-26-2002, 08:22 PM
It looks like they got this one right:eek:. The proportions are just about correct, the textures on the are and legs are correct. This might be, IMO, the best Vader to come out. Might be . . . . . . mostly.

fourtwo, I might be able to get you a Dagobah Vader. If its still at work. Let me know ASAP, I have off Fri, Sat, and Sun so it might be gone by next Mon.

fourtwo
03-26-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
fourtwo, I might be able to get you a Dagobah Vader. If its still at work. Let me know ASAP, I have off Fri, Sat, and Sun so it might be gone by next Mon.

if you can reasonable with shipping to the great white north and its not gonna be a silly price i'd be interested. send me a message letting me know what its gonna cost and i'll get back to you within the evening.

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 10:51 PM
:crazed: BWAH HA HA HA!:crazed:

It's Orchastra Conductor Vader!:D

Is that John Williams trapped in the armor?

So this is the new "Saga" area huh? Feh. Looks like all the other forums.:rolleyes:

How long do you think we can keep it to just one thread?

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-26-2002, 10:58 PM
I will predict another thread in less than 3 hours. It's 9:50pm my time - EST :)

I actually like the new Vader and the accesory. Something different with the Darth. I doubt I buy it but it's allright.

browndroid
03-26-2002, 10:58 PM
well, like i always say, the more vaders the better! actually, i never have said that...please disregard what i just said, j/k, does this happen to be the one with the magnet in its hand for, force grabbing action? i personally think the whole magnet thing sucks...

billfremore
03-26-2002, 11:07 PM
Now introducing the new line of Darth Vaders a la Batman toys:

Super Carbon-Freeze Escape Vader
Ultra Big Black Cape Vader
Mega Lightsabre Vader
"You're not my father" Vader
Deluxe Funeral Pyre Vader, with real bonfire action (lighter fluid not inlcuded)
Finger Pointy "No disintegrations" Vader
Stamping foot Vader (comes complete with empty Obi-wan robe)

Ahh it's fun to be silly. :crazed:

(Although that funeral pyre one would make a cool diarama;
ROTJ 25th Anniversary set perhaps? :))

JediTricks
03-27-2002, 04:03 AM
This figure looks really bad to me, gimmicky and over-posed. Not only that, the lightsaber hilt looks pretty poor, and the articulation is... boy, I sure hope they can do better in the future.

JEDIpartner
03-27-2002, 10:08 AM
I don't really recall Vader having his hand out like that. John Williams... heeheeheehee...

I know I've griped about the poses before, but I've FINALLY been able to sum it up properly. The more "lifelike" they try to make them... the more ridiculous they look.

LTBasker
03-27-2002, 10:34 AM
They should've stuck to us thinking the only Vader that would be like this would be the "Unleashed" Vader, which even though it's a statue purely is much nicer than a statue trying to impresonate a figure. :p

MisterPL
03-27-2002, 11:15 AM
I like it. Sure, it'll be my 27th Vader or something like that, but UNLIKE Hasbro's Spectral Assault line of Batman figures, at least he's not fluorescent pink and green with scales on his armor and fins sticking out his arse.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Oh well, at least the gantry accessory will help us diorama builders out a little.... wait, it's not the whole gantry? Oh poo!

Wanna bet the other half of the gantry comes with Bespin Duel Luke?

Lman316
03-27-2002, 01:43 PM
I like it and I want it.
It may be over posed, but as long as it looks like he's dueling, I'm fine with it. I can pop him, along with the new Bespin Luke, on that Freezing Chamber playset I got and I think that will look pretty cool.
But I am still hoping for an Ultimate Vader at some point. Massive articulation, removable hand, and maybe even that two-piece removable helmet. But I guess that this Bespin Vader, and all others that come out, will just have to tide me over until my dream comes true. :D

JEDIpartner
03-27-2002, 02:20 PM
what will he do when he isn't dueling with Luke? :confused:

Lman316
03-27-2002, 02:28 PM
what will he do when he isn't dueling with Luke?

I never really thought of that.......um.........um.....well, maybe...
I don't know. I thought I could just pose him holding his lightsaber with the normal hand and just have other one in a "Force push" or something.
I guess I'll have to wait until I get it to find out. But a very good point nonetheless.

pthfnder89
03-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
what will he do when he isn't dueling with Luke? :confused:

Does it really matter? I'm not really a big fan of Hasbros current choice of poses, but I mean I aalready have figures of Vader sitting, with his helmet, without his helmet, losing his hand, dueling with two hands, reaching out with the force, getting fried by the Emperor, losing his head, and even just plain standing with his thumbs tucked in his belt (CTC Vader).

I mean I understand if someone out there doesn't have any Vader figures yet, then this one might not be the one they would want to buy. But come on; surely most people reading this have at least two or three of the previous figures. With that many resculpts already out there, I don't really care if this one can't be posed neutrally. He's supposed to be Bespin Duel Darth Vader, and that's what he is.

So I may or may not buy him, but you can't accuse Hasbro of false advertising;):)

PS - I agree his lightsaber hilt looks pretty sucky in the pics

r4_m9
03-27-2002, 04:20 PM
I would have to agree with battle droid. i think the deluxe action might effect the way that this one comes out. In the past, figures with deluxe action kind of sucked. The pictures still make it look good, but I think we all hope for the best.

Darth Evil
03-27-2002, 04:51 PM
That hand is awful!!! A cloth cape would've been a lot better!Other then those niggles, it looks okay.

Battle Droid
03-27-2002, 04:53 PM
So what action feature will Bespin Luke come with.

Whining Action?

PloKoon2385
03-27-2002, 05:58 PM
I think it looks really good, but you have a point, the action feature will probably ruin it... Sigh... stupid action features. This "action" thing is going too far, it must be stopped. Next thing you know they'll call them "action" figures... bah!:D

mylow thehutt
03-27-2002, 09:49 PM
:rolleyes: whats up with the magnet thing,is the handle all metal?

anyway i like this figure,i haven't had a new vader since....well,20 minutes.i also like the idea of the battel damage shoulder:cool:

pthfnder89
03-28-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
:rolleyes: whats up with the magnet thing,is the handle all metal?

Yes. The handle is all metal, as are several, but not all, of the AOTC Jedi figures.