PDA

View Full Version : error Jango Fett in Ebay!

darkjedi
03-26-2002, 04:16 PM
Check this out!any comments?:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1716346460

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 04:19 PM
I saw this one on there yesterday. Personally I dont see why anyone would want to buy it on here, being that the preview figures are out now and can be bought rather easily. I am not a big error/variation collector, so this doesnt really do much for me.
But thats ebay, someone will buy it.

JEDIpartner
03-26-2002, 04:20 PM
I only want the figures that were made correctly! More power to you if you have the funds and desire to collect the "rejects".

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2002, 04:24 PM
You said it pal!!
Give me the ones that are made the way theyre supposed to be!!

CrossWizard
03-26-2002, 04:47 PM
This reminds me of a funny thing that happened to me a while ago, while I was at K-mart looking in the action figure isle I saw a guy diving thru the whole section filled with POTJ Old Bens, Porkins and whatnot when I went to him and asked what he was looking for, he said "Im looking for the Dagobah Darth Vader" and I just happened to see one in the bottom of the figure pile and nicely I picked it up and gave it to him but he insisted that was not it, he wanted the version in which the head had fallen off and was lying in the bubble, because it was a rare variation. I told him what good was that variaton when you could just pop it back into the figure once you opened it and I swear he gave me this blasphemous look of disgust then said "You mean, you actually open your figures? So you must be one of those eh?" I dont know what the guy meant by that but I left before I could ask him anything else.

SithDroid
03-26-2002, 05:08 PM
I don't really collect the variations. The only variation I have is a 1/2 circle Fett. Other than that I could care less. I used to be really bad about collecting card variants back in 1995-1997. I used to almost have one of every kind of figure. Ex. Boba Fett on Orange Card, Green Card w/ hologram, Green Card w/o hologram, Green Card FF, etc... I also collected the different ones with the collection number changes. Finally I got tired of it and decided that I wanted to collect the figures themselves, who cares about a stupid card change? I sold all of my card variations a long time ago and I am a much better person for it now. I mean it isn't like I haven't seen stupid variations around. I once saw a OOM-9 and his head had fallen off and was loose in the package. I never bought it because I don't want to waste my money on something that probably got loose during shipping. More power to those of you who do collect ALL the variations.

LTBasker
03-26-2002, 05:25 PM
I just collect REAL variations if I can. If I find'em for a reasonable price, I'll get'em, but I'm not gonna go out on a limb for one, and definitely not for a just a mere factory error/misplacement like any Dagobah Vader's with their heads off, that's just stupid. The kinda stuff that is a true variation is like the switch with OOM-9's binoculars from having their own slot in the bubble tray to them being in his hand and the slot being removed.

Darth Ovori
03-26-2002, 05:59 PM
I think that is funny, cause if I brought it, I would paint the knee pad on...

I'll never forget when in 1996, I was searching for the Boba Fett... Well my comic store got 4 at normal retail price, all of them that "rare" one with half a dot on glove... Well when I went to buy it there was another guy who wanted to buy all 4 ... I basically took mine and opened it right there after paying for it...

And did I pay dearly for that, not only did the scalper lecture me on how I destroyed an investment, I was told by the comic store owner that he prefers I do not open the figures in the store to upset other "True Collectors"... From that day I have'nt been to that store...

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2002, 06:23 PM
Here's my outlook on variations (not that anyone cares) but here go anyhoo...

the only reason people get variations (ie scalpers mentioned above) is because the market is SOOOO saturated with regular figures (no variant) that they will be worth only the plastic they are molded in. And it seems from talking to many people, most don't even get the variations anymore and those who try to sell them for some OUTRAGEOUS price are probably going to be outta luck when these things will be worth any money....say 50 years down the line and by that time, people won't care about variants and probably won't care about the figures either, because there are so many of them! ROFL And for those looking to buy these toys as investments....HAahahahhaha I laugh in your general direction! IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN! It hasn't happened with the vintage SW figs and vehicles and it certainly ain't going to happen with these since they are so much more mass produced than the original....so get them because you LOVE THEM and they have sentimental value cause that's all they are going to be worth (which for me is plenty!) I get em cause I love em and they are going to my grave with me! :D

Maybe if people wake up and realize this, and DETACH the dollar sign :greedy: from SW figs, it will be alot easier for those of us who love them just because (which I believe is most people) to get them "just because" :eek: :)

Ok I'm off my soapbox...I don't mean to offend anyone, but dagnabbit some people sure make hard to collect and enjoy Star Wars! Wooooooo!

Wolfwood319
03-26-2002, 08:27 PM
Great story d. ovori! I love it. "True Collector," if I was you, I would've bought more figures and opened them right there in front of you. Reminds me of the time during that Pokemon card game craze, a friend and I bought one pack to see what the deal is. The pack had some super rare card, and there were a bunch of kids in the store whose parents were offering us upwards $50 for the card. My friend went outside and burned the card in front of all of them. It was a great day.

I too had bought a half-circle fett. I didn't know it at the time, how "RARE" these would become, so I opened it.

I don't go in for variations. I buy to open. That half circle fett is now sitting at the bottom of the "disadvowed" bin along with the rest of the inferior POTF2 sculpts.

People can collect whatever they want, but I just don't understand those who collect based on number: .002, .004, etc. I don't collect on the chance I could sell them later. I collect for fun, not for profit.

CrossWizard
03-26-2002, 08:44 PM
-"I don't collect on the chance I could sell them later. I collect for fun, not for profit."-

Like it should be :) too bad not everyone has your same outlook.

browndroid
03-26-2002, 10:19 PM
the only error i have is that astro droid, i forgot what its called, but in stayed of imperial it says imperal. the only reason i havent opened it is cause i dont really need another astro droid in my box of sw, id rather see it on the wall, and stare...

Deoxyribonucleic
03-26-2002, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
That half circle fett is now sitting at the bottom of the "disadvowed" bin along with the rest of the inferior POTF2 sculpts.
Yes YESSSS we need better scultps. I remember when those things came out man they were "da bomb" lol and now looking at them compared to POTJ...oooo ick spaat spppchchchh :P

billfremore
03-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
I think that is funny, cause if I brought it, I would paint the knee pad on...

I'll never forget when in 1996, I was searching for the Boba Fett... Well my comic store got 4 at normal retail price, all of them that "rare" one with half a dot on glove... Well when I went to buy it there was another guy who wanted to buy all 4 ... I basically took mine and opened it right there after paying for it...

And did I pay dearly for that, not only did the scalper lecture me on how I destroyed an investment, I was told by the comic store owner that he prefers I do not open the figures in the store to upset other "True Collectors"... From that day I have'nt been to that store...

Gee I thought these were toys, not an investment.
I wonder if this guy reams out kids in the toy section of Wal-mart? :)
And don't upset the "True collectors"?
Oh I see, so all of us who get these things and open them are not really collectors. Alright what are we called then?
Two words for all you "True collectors" out there and the second word is "me"... ;) :)

LTBasker
03-27-2002, 12:18 AM
A true collector would not consider them an investment, but rather trade fodder if you know someone who's a major variant collector OR would keep them proudly. It's really interesting hanging up the 2 variants of the E1 Yoda side by side and admiring them. I don't see how these suckers are really an investment, I mean they're little plastic toys, if you enjoy them, buy them, if you're gonna do it for more money, SHOVE IT. :cool:

GeneralKenobi
03-28-2002, 04:12 PM
I don't particularly care for figs that have to ride the short Naboo transport to work.