PDA

View Full Version : wal mart

fourtwo
03-26-2002, 07:56 PM
on the main SSG page there is a story about wal mart promotions. think we'll get excluded like usual? will we be finding nothing but chewie mechanics and ketwols like usual when april 23rd rolls around?

thoughts?

browndroid
03-26-2002, 09:13 PM
um, im not sure what you mean by we, people in canada, or every sw fan round the world? if the latter, then, i believe that i, and any others in sierra vista az, will not be seeing anything but the usual peg warmers...

billfremore
03-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by browndroid
um, im not sure what you mean by we, people in canada, or every sw fan round the world? if the latter, then, i believe that i, and any others in sierra vista az, will not be seeing anything but the usual peg warmers...

He's referring to us Canadians since this is a Canadian forum.
But I agree with both of you nonetheless.
I'm skeptical we'll see much... but I'm hoping

mabudonicus
03-28-2002, 12:10 PM
It's Canada!! (unless you really dig ee.cummings) Wooooooooo!! Ca-Na-Da!!!! Woooooooo!!!!

haggis
03-29-2002, 09:53 AM
Hopefully Walmart will come through with the new stuff. There's no way I can pay TRU prices for 20+ new figures.

Amanamike
03-29-2002, 10:19 PM
Im counting on Walmart to get the stuff also. I did notice today where the scant few star wars figures were, that they had cleared a 4 foot section about 5 pegs high around it and spread the figures over the pegs. I hope this is them getting ready for the new stuff. And you are right about those TRU prices!!! I could almost pay the american price plus shipping and it would be the same price.

mabudonicus
03-30-2002, 10:29 AM
Seeing if we could get some kind of e petition, to show TRU that there's lots of serious SW fans that would be happy to have a good selection available at a fair price(or at least let them know that if the price doesn't come down, there's no real point in stocking them anymore)?? I mean, 15 freaking dollars a figure is totally outlandish and ridiculous, especially when you contrast the US price vs the Canadian price, given that most other toys seem to suffer a much lighter markup. TRU as a company is pretty arrogant. Especially given how the AOTC stuff is smaller and lighter, and somehow still more expensive. The prices on the figs are making me a lot less likely to even want them, and that's sad. Woooooo!!!

fourtwo
03-30-2002, 05:14 PM
TRU isn't that badly priced. i'm glad its not 11.99 anymore though. i just wish we got everything, even some of the exclusives.

haggis
03-30-2002, 05:35 PM
They're still $11.99 at my TRU(Hamilton,ON

fourtwo
03-30-2002, 09:25 PM
for the basic figs or for the preview ones?

greedo
04-02-2002, 08:35 AM
The sneak Peak figs are 11.99, the older assortment I think are 7.99.....

mabudonicus
04-02-2002, 10:55 AM
11.99 for any new SW fig for the last year or two here(ever since they started to get (BELATEDLY,mind) POTJ). The preview figs too. Yeah, basic (year old mega-pegwarmers) figs are 7.98. BFD.
Anyone else with a report??
Wooooooo!!!!!!

TK421
04-02-2002, 02:43 PM
My wal mart was clearing trhe old x-wing and ketwol wav for 3.00 bucks each!!
The Bespin leia wave was 1.00 each!!!
Anyone spot the knew jedi starfighter yet?
I hear it is supposed to be out by the second week of this month.. :confused: :)

fourtwo
04-02-2002, 04:59 PM
which walmart might this be?

TK421
04-02-2002, 06:44 PM
The red deer alberta one. all ,the have left are the ketwol wave. I think there 3 to 5 buks each.
All the doller figs are gone.:)

greedo
04-03-2002, 08:45 AM
the TRU's have the figs for 7.98 and the sneak peak figs were 11.99.

At the Wal-marts, the older figs are 5.00 and not much selection. I didn't see any sneak peak figs at all. I didn't notice Wal-mart changing the shelving at all either, but, they seem to be clearing out a lot of toys making room for something. I don't know if it is for summer season only or for actual new figures.

fourtwo
04-03-2002, 03:48 PM
about time someone realized those toys weren't going anywhere at the regular price. time to get some bespin guards and an extra chewie mechanic or two
:)

Amanamike
04-04-2002, 11:57 AM
The only problem with that logic fourtwo is, thatif they have to discount to heavily to sell them, then they just wont order them anymore. If they cant make money they wont sell them. So it probably isnt a good thing to see too many figures on shelves for $1-5.00, but selling them for $12.00 canadian I guess is their way of making up for the short fall at the end. Damned if we do damned if we dont!!!

OH ya Fourtwo... any word over there on any stores carrying figures on April23??? Like Walmarts or TRU, or Zellers??? Let me know