PDA

View Full Version : So when are we going to see flying Jedi?

SithDroid
03-27-2002, 12:14 AM
When oh when will this happen. It isn't like it isn't possible. Jedi have the power to levitate objects, have super speed, and can jump great distances, so when will we truly see this ability? I think that it would be really cool to see a lightsaber battle that takes place kind of like in The Matrix training program where Neo is fighting Morpheus. Like Jedi running up walls and using martial arts to their full ability. I hope we get to see something like this soon. Anyone else agree?

2-1B
03-27-2002, 01:33 AM
Interesting idea SithDroid, I never considered a flying Jedi before :)

How about one who can fly naturally? They've based a few Jedi of off reptilian creatures, how about a birdman with wings?

Wolfwood319
03-27-2002, 01:43 AM
Although interesting, I personally wouldn't want to see Jedi fly using force powers. If an alien can fly naturally due to his species specific ability to fly, that's one thing. But I don't want to see jedis flying around just cause its something more for them to do. Leave stuff like that to the Matrix.

187-Maul
03-27-2002, 09:21 AM
that flying would totally ruin the starwars atmosphere

Rollo Tomassi
03-27-2002, 02:37 PM
I think the Anakin/Obi Wan battle will pull out all the stops and you will see some amazing feats of Jedi-ness. We've seen Jedi flipping in fights (like Obi Wan and Maul in TPM and Luke in ROJ) but to see non stop sabre action regardless of where they are in the flip would be cool. Like Anakin blocks a couple shots from Obi Wan's blade while upside down in the midle of a flip. Eeek!:eek: I'm getting myself all excited for stuff that will probably never happen. Mustn't do that.

dirtybones
03-29-2002, 10:21 AM
A flying Jedi would so bite. It would be like the new cartoon on cartoon network called THE JUSTICE LEAGUE were some one thought it to be a good idea to make WONDER WOMEN fly. I always thought she was the poorest designed superhero ever with her blocking bullets and rope of truth or what ever it was called. Please George, keep the Jedi on the ground.:evil:

browndroid
03-29-2002, 11:34 AM
i agree, i wouldnt want jedi to be able to fly, but moving around like the matrix would be pretty cool

187-Maul
03-29-2002, 07:09 PM
I even don't want them moving like in the matrix - EVERY new action movie has some kind of slow-motion fighting in it since it was first in the matrix - I mean it's cool but that would totally "commercialize" and ruin the original star wars feeling
just keep it normal fighting like in E1 and the OT with flips and everything

Rollo Tomassi
03-30-2002, 01:17 AM
Oh , I agree. Never EVER slow down the action in a Star Wars movie. Part of the fun is watching it happen so fast. I just mean it would be cool to see some over the top fight choreography for the Anakin/Obi Wan fight. Make the stuff in Episodes I and II look like the weak "old man fighting" in ANH.

Pendo
03-30-2002, 09:10 AM
Jedi like Obi-Wan and Dooku flying around in a battle would just be stupid and unrealistic, but a Jedi creatures with wings fighting something else that can fly might look cool.

PENDO!

saladin
06-07-2002, 11:40 PM
ya matrix like action would suck, and dirtybones wonder woman can fly and she really dosn't use the rope any more, just super strong, fast, and flying, and jedi flying would suck.

SithDroid
06-08-2002, 10:50 AM
Anakin kind of flew thru the air to save Obi-Wan from Dooku.

chewie
06-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Flying would look very silly, IMO. Just look at The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Both use it for effect, but then, I see both as being very silly when they do fly. Just doesn't work for me.

Runobot
06-11-2002, 01:36 PM
No flying! Never! Delete this thread before GL gets another stupid idea.

Darth Grifter
06-20-2002, 09:00 PM
Jedi Flying would be another Hollywoodization and I totally agree with 187 on the fact that we don't need another cheap Hollywood camera stunt to dehumanize the experience anymore. Whatever happened to originality? That is what SW was founded on, that is what it should hold on to.

DarthBatman
07-08-2002, 12:30 PM
I only hope that George decides not to listen to this thread. Please, for the love of everything good and holy.... no flying.

MFH
07-10-2002, 11:03 PM
flying Jedi=not good

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 11:13 PM
We will see flying Jedi when hell freezes over. And I pray to god that George never does this, cause if he does, I'm sending Kenny and the boys from South Park to do a number on him.