PDA

View Full Version : Crashed Snowspeeder and TIE Bomber?

Fulit
03-27-2002, 01:23 AM
Where are these? Also, are they going to be released in POTJ packaging or what?

Amanamike
03-27-2002, 01:29 AM
I wish I knew!! I jumped on the preorder wagon when I saw them posted on Yestertoys.com, but they still dont have them yet and are not sure when. So your guess is as good as mine.

InsaneJediGirl
03-27-2002, 09:26 AM
I dont know the exact date..but one would think they are coming out soon?I am hoping at the beginning of April before ATOC stuff hits..

Maybe they were abducted by aliens:D :crazed:

LTBasker
03-27-2002, 10:32 AM
Last I heard they were to be released in April, Wal-Mart's probably gonna hold them till the 23rd though.

And yes, they are in POTJ packaging.

dr_evazan22
03-27-2002, 10:41 AM
I asked at my local W-M yesterday and was told they would come out on the 23rd w/ the movie fig's. But I'll still check at least once a week just to see for myself.

r4_m9
03-27-2002, 04:29 PM
I just read on 2 other sites that they have been bought a walmart in san diego,CA today!. Start looking for them soon, i know I'm Going to check for them tomorrow at my walmart

Battle Droid
03-27-2002, 05:07 PM
SWEET!

I just want a Tie Bomber or 2 for now, maybe 3.

Must get to Wal-Mart...:crazed:

fourtwo
03-27-2002, 05:08 PM
*sigh*
a TIE bomber would be swell.
too bad i'll never see any.
:cry:

Amanamike
03-27-2002, 05:58 PM
Im in the same boat fourtwo, so I bought mine online but still havent recieved them yet

GeneralKenobi
03-28-2002, 03:57 AM
I've checked every freaking Wal-Mart here in North Georgia for the man known as Dack...soon you will be mine oh yes soon you will be mine.

Jayspawn
03-28-2002, 01:19 PM
Start checking your Wal-Marts! The hunt is on!!!

humsup
03-29-2002, 02:30 AM
Yes, these came with the POTJ packing and I'll be collecting mine in a matter of hours. Rang up a local specialty shop to reserve mine and the ships are already in, so heading out soon for it. Can't wait to rip it out of the box and create some havoc to those rebelscums :evil:

DarthMaulSithLord
03-29-2002, 06:36 AM
Can't wait! Hope i can find one for $35 here (yeah right).

:crazed:

humsup
03-29-2002, 08:07 AM
Yep, now I'm the proud owner of an Imperial TIE BOMBER :D
Too bad I dunno how to post picts in this board, I'm really happy now. Actually paid US$40 for it but the shop was telling me they now intends to sell Snowspeeder and Tie Bomber as a set of 2 and will not break for a singular sale. Is funny that the Snowspeeder does not sell well here - probably due to there's an earlier POTF version as well as a vintage one. As for the Bomber, its brand new.

Tycho
03-29-2002, 05:51 PM
They are out there. My group has 9 of the TIE Bombers (to split up between 7 people).

Wal*Mart, $29.99 (so it cost you almost exactly 100 for 3)

Mine's loose and I love it. It's mostly a great sculpt. The ship has 1 action feature: gravity lets you drop 3 plastic bombs. Fortunately, you can load all the ordinance at once.

Yeah, same TIE Pilot with bending knees included with the Interceptor. But his cockpit hatch stays closed when you snap it shut so you can barrel-roll the TIE in maneuvers.

Then the missles fall out the top!:rolleyes:

There's only 3 and they are small, so don't turn the ship into a roll if you are armed and loaded...you could lose your bombs and that would not be good.

There's those clear plastic bands that hold guns in hands - but this time on the seat. Slide him out without removing the bands. They make great seat restraints!

That's about it. Though the real ship is a lot larger, the toy is a GOOD SIZE and really well detailed. They use a sort of rubbery material on the front missle tube hatch. That may account for the good smell if you like to sniff your new toys. :D

You know I had to add that!

jedihunter25
03-29-2002, 06:01 PM
If you are skilled with an x-acto knife and tape, you can make a great diorama out of the box.

mark2d2
03-29-2002, 06:16 PM
I can wait for this ship. Can anyone tell me if the other pod is at all accessable? Does it open in any way? Let me know. Thanks.

Tycho
03-29-2002, 06:19 PM
No, it doesn't. Sorry.

I know what you were hoping for.

mark2d2
03-29-2002, 06:29 PM
I was thinking it'd be a cargo hold or something. No big deal.

Tycho
03-29-2002, 06:42 PM
According to the technical specifications for that ship (in other source material - not included with the toy), The second pod holds at least a squad of troops. It is at least manned for bombing missions by a tactical officer who can load ordinance.

The actual concussion missles and lasers are set in the center section and loaded before flight. (the toy does not have this feature).

When the Tantive IV was boarded, TIE Bombers were used so the Devastator (Star Destroyer) didn't lose operating equipment in case the Rebels decided to arm the boarding hatches on the Corvette and blow off any docking tackle. The stuff on the front of the 2nd pod is just that: universal docking gear, able to cut through and force a hatch, or just mate with a friendly ship.

Vader might have also crossed over to the Tantive IV on a TIE. One ship was considered more expendible than a chain reaction in the Devastator's main hold. I think up to 18 Stormtroopers can ride in the ordinance pod.

Yes, the Empire used more than one craft, and at more than one location to board the ship, than just what we were shown in the movie. The poor Alderaanian soldiers were getting completley surrounded with the Empire adding at least 9 troopers at a time, likely 18 as I said. It's not like they had to be comfortbable in that ship for a 2 minute flight.

humsup
03-29-2002, 07:40 PM
I have removed mine from the box and there's some caution to those who hasn't buy this one. The front cap (with the twin clamp-like stuff) of the other pod's arrangement of mine are not assemble correctly ie horizontally, I have to remove the cap - which is not an easy task due to the holding is deep - with a flat head screwdriver to refix it and correct the position. if you want less hassle, choose carefully before you buy.
The ship's size to me is quite huge and I think I can accept its scale (any bigger will be a headache for me to display like the AT-AT).
Currently, it was displayed on top of my TV set but as Tycho has mentioned, the ship's made of soft plastic, afraifd that the wing (which the ship rest on) may falter in shape when display like this in a prolong period... gotta make holes in my ceiling to hang it up.

LTBasker
03-29-2002, 07:45 PM
I dunno about that whole issue with a TIE docking to the Tantive IV, I mean when you see the Stormtroopers blast through you can see the room they were in before and it certainly looks nothing like what you would expect inside a smaller craft like a TIE Bomber.

Anyways, the TIE Bomber looks quite cool, glad they couldn't just take this from a vintage mold. :D I'm hoping to maybe cut open that second pod and make my own bomb bay or something, maybe not, but a 2nd seat for a 2nd TIE Pilot would be cool. :cool: