PDA

View Full Version : CA- AOTC Figures EARLY ---NOT PREVIEW FIGS

Beavis Christ
03-27-2002, 02:20 AM
I just picked up Attack of the Clones Figures at WalMart in Antioch CA. I found them on an encap, I guess they put them out by mistake. Battle Droid, Ploo Koon, Captine Typho, and Tuskin Raider. There seems to be less of Battle droids and Tuskin Raiders in the assortment they had. THEY WERE $5.88!!! Here is a picture of them.

Good LuckPicture of Figures (http://www.helpfarm.com/images/aotcfigs.jpg)

Good Luck finding some:crazed:

jedihunter25
03-27-2002, 02:46 AM
You gotta love it when Walmart empoyees have no clue!!!

The One
03-27-2002, 06:05 AM
Found: battle droid, Captain Typho, Boba Fett, Dexter Jettster, Genosian Warrior, Saesee Tiin, Tuskin Raider, Plo Koon, Jar Jar Binks, Shaak Ti, Nikto Found Obi Wan, ANakin, and Clonetrooper 12 inch, didnt find any of the collection 1 figures. On the box it said On Shelf Date No Earlier than April 23, 2002 on every side. All that was left from several cases when I left were a few Tuskin Raiders and Battle Droids and a couple others, everyone raped the boxes for the rest.

dr_evazan22
03-27-2002, 11:12 AM
Beav, LOL, that is a great name!

Congrats on finding the fig's early.

Jedi Drew
03-27-2002, 11:20 AM
Good finds-Now you have me thinking of going out on a hunt for them at Wal-Mart But..:rolleyes::rolleyes: the weather kind of sucks here in Cleveland. So I may wait. HH:) :)

Mandalorian Candidat
03-27-2002, 03:03 PM
Can someone send their illiterate W-M workers over my way? :D

IcebergSlim
03-27-2002, 07:26 PM
What's with everyone buying 3 of each? There should be an unwritten rule of 1 per person, unless it's an army builder or for a friend.

stillakid
03-27-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Beavis Christ
I just picked up Attack of the Clones Figures at WalMart in Antioch CA. I found them on an encap, I guess they put them out by mistake. Battle Droid, Ploo Koon, Captine Typho, and Tuskin Raider. There seems to be less of Battle droids and Tuskin Raiders in the assortment they had. THEY WERE $5.88!!! Here is a picture of them.

Good LuckPicture of Figures (http://www.helpfarm.com/images/aotcfigs.jpg)

Good Luck finding some:crazed:

The receipt says 14 items sold. What else did you buy? :)

Beavis Christ
03-27-2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by IcebergSlim
What's with everyone buying 3 of each? There should be an unwritten rule of 1 per person, unless it's an army builder or for a friend.

I did get 3 of each...one set for me, my brother, and the last for my friend. I am not a dealer and would never jack other collectors out of the figures.

dr_evazan22
03-27-2002, 11:00 PM
I usually buy 2 of each; 1 to open and 1 to display.

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 11:28 PM
I just settled for the easy way out and bought them from a guy off Ebay. He went to Wal-Mart for Hot Wheels and finds AOTC figures. I go to Wal-Mart looking for AOTC figures everyday and find purety S--T! Well, that's how it works. Also, The One, you said you found Jar Jar Binks, Nikto Jedi, and Geonisian warrior? Weren't they not due out till like May?

browndroid
03-27-2002, 11:30 PM
most of the time i only buy one of each, mainly cause i dont have enough money to buy to of each, maybe ill be able to this summer wheni get my first job:D

browndroid
03-27-2002, 11:31 PM
hey just noticed that my jedi starfighter doesnt have any preview thing on it...do any of them say preview?

The One
03-27-2002, 11:37 PM
Nesteafett, those figures will be out on April 23rd. If you get the NewForceComics newsletter, they say there will be 19 figures out at release. If you are on there preferred customer list you get an e-Mail that states the figures due out. There are 3 assortments, 1 collection 1 with 8 figures, and 2 collection 2, 1 case has 6 figures, the other case has 6 different figures, however, I believe it was the battledroid which is the same in both cases, so 11 new collection 2 figures, plus more vehicles and possibly 1 more assortment due out if they get it out in time. Meaning you'll have to shell out alot more F***N' dough this time around. You thought you spent alot in 99' theres more, I dont care if they said they're are trying to space it out more so you dont have to spend all your money in one big bulk, thats how theyre are doing it, hasbros retarded. There is going to be alot of upset people, cause the collectors out there who like to get everything are gonna be spending an easy $400 on the 23rd, if not more, for the collectors like me who like to buy more then 1 set! But I did find all 11 collection 2 cases, however there were only a couple with the nikto case, the rest of the cases were all the tuskin raider case.

goldwizz
03-27-2002, 11:37 PM
Wheat’s the big deal about getting 3 of each. I have lots of friends who wants them too
but they just dont do the effort to get up in the morning and to go hunting for figures.
Please dont get me wrong I am no scalper but like most collectors I would also buy 3 of
each. 1 set for keeps 2nd set to open and the 3rd set for one of my lucky friends I
mentioned earlier and maybe he would return the favor when he found something. Better I then some good for nothing
deadbeat scalper trying to get true collectors to shell out their hard erned republican
credits.:(

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 11:43 PM
The One, PM sent.

SirSteve
03-27-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by browndroid
hey just noticed that my jedi starfighter doesnt have any preview thing on it...do any of them say preview?

Cool finds everyone.

No, the Jedi Starfighters do not say Preview on them.

stillakid
03-27-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by goldwizz
Better I then some good for nothing
deadbeat scalper trying to get true collectors to shell out their hard erned republican
credits.:(

You had a good argument going until you got to this part. By saying this, you're operating under the assumption that the very next guy to walk in the store after you, every single time, will be a scalper. Buying for friends, as you've stated is one thing. Cleaning off the pegs to protect the general well being from scalpers is another. The only way to defeat scalpers is to stop buying from them.

goldwizz
03-28-2002, 10:28 AM
3 of each is hardly cleaning the pegs. I have been permanently scared by scalpers. I walked into Toys-R-Us SM one morning to find myself with a whole section full of Commtech R2-D2 with Leia, Stormtroopers, Vaders, Gredos, and jawas so I pick one of each and think to leave the rest for my fellow collectors. I then go home and call my friend to tell him the good news. We agree to go to back and get him a set and a second set for me to open. When we got back to Toys-R-Us we found someone (scalper) at the register purchasing 12 unopened boxes of these figures and at the pegs were all the R2-D2s with holo leia and stormtroopers were gone. So from that point on I do not take any risk of having this happening to me again so I purchase 3 of each.1st set to open, 2nd set to keep closed, 3rd set for friend..:confused:

dirtybones
03-28-2002, 11:45 AM
Boy some people have all the luck!!! congrat's on your find. Now sind some of that luck to us over here on the darkside so dance around the house like you did when you found those figures.( and you know you did ):frus:

IcebergSlim
03-28-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by goldwizz
3 of each is hardly cleaning the pegs.

Maybe if you're the only person who bought 3. But I'm sure you're not the only person to buy multiples. If my TRU puts out 2 cases of figures in the morning, and 4 people come in that day and buy multiples, what the hell does that leave me?

goldwizz
03-28-2002, 02:33 PM
It leaves you with a whole next day to find what you looking for. If not the next then the next and the next. It's a matter going out and finding and beating other collectors and scalpers to the figures. I do not like it either but you have to do what you have to do or you end up with nothing and have to resolve your problem by buying and feeding the scalper that are beating you to the figs...

IcebergSlim
03-28-2002, 03:16 PM
I don't live in a major US city that has TRU, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target all within driving distance. It's basically TRU or bust.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-28-2002, 04:17 PM
I know this is a debate older than Strom Thurmond himself, but my opinion is that if you want an extra one to open, build an army with, or trade why not just get it. However, if you're there the same time as another collector, the considerate and polite thing to do is share...unless the other guy is a scalper, then knock him out, put a girlie dress on him, and stick him in the display window.:evil:

dirtybones
03-28-2002, 04:58 PM
Man can you imagine what it's going to be like when we start looking for all the figures for ATOC? To be honest I'm only going for two figures (Jango and Boba Fett) when they come out in April, and with the way the stores are going to be with all the people at that time I might not even get those two until a much later date.:frus:

Jedi Drew
03-28-2002, 06:07 PM
Boy, now everyone is on the AOTC Band Wagon. No one ever posted here untill the new movie is about to be released along with the new figures. Are you the people that JEDIpartnr and I will have to deal with at Midnight Madness??? Are you Poser's-Want To Be Colletors???:confused: :confused: :confused:

NesteaFett
03-28-2002, 07:47 PM
I've been collecting for a while now, but just recently found out about the forums here. In fact I started posting because of the Preview Figures. It's helped me out a lot though so I'll continue to post.

r4_m9
03-29-2002, 12:34 AM
How can you be a poser collector?

Emperor Howdy
03-29-2002, 01:16 AM
Beavis, perhaps you can tell me why "Depends" are on your receipt?.......I mean.......for crying out loud!

Mandalorian Candidat
03-29-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Beavis, perhaps you can tell me why "Depends" are on your receipt?.......I mean.......for crying out loud!

Wouldn't you need Depends too if you found EP2 figures a month before the release date? :)

NesteaFett
03-29-2002, 11:14 PM
He's got a point there.

wampaslayr
03-30-2002, 03:12 PM
The Walmart in Santa Clarita, CA also put out the AOTC figures. I picked up all 6 they had. Someone must have used a jedi mindtrick on the stock personel to put them out early.

NesteaFett
03-30-2002, 04:10 PM
Now I'm getting frustrated. There is still no sign of them here in the good ol' Carolina's. And if there has, please someone speak up.

The One
03-30-2002, 08:24 PM
So far havent seen the vehicles or any collection 1 at a store. Has anybody else? Also I found out what the Celebration II fig is. I wont say cause I dont want certain people to freak out cause they wanted to be surprised or Hasbro having a heartattack over it, but Ill tell you this. They pumped it up so much, made it sound really exciting, its not, it was sort of a let down. SO dont get your hopes up about this really exclusive one time only figure, actually it sort of sux, and we already have a version of it :frus: Dont you just love Hasbro. I guess its a way they, Hasbro and the Fan Club, by not telling anybody, make it so more people will come to this show to get this one time never again figure. Dont bother!

The One
04-01-2002, 02:00 AM
My buddy bought a few cases of AOTC from Entertainment Earth on FRiday. He went down to pick them up, so I dont know if they are selling them just there or online as well. Also I called and after a few minutes of talking to the guy on the phone, he agreed to sell me a few cases even though I didnt preorder any, if I came down in person. SO I guess they are selling them. Although another friend called as well and they told him they arent selling them yet, so I guess it depends on who you talk to. You might want to call and check it out. But I know he got them cause I saw the cases and the receipt. SO if you dont mind paying a little more, actually its Entertainment Earth, so alot more ( Nobody rips off the collectors better then our good pals over at Entertainment Earth) :sur: then call them up and get your cases now, cause even though they arent up on the website for in stock, they are selling them now that is Confirmed. :confused: