PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Enjoy Most about Collecting?

darth_obi
03-27-2002, 08:49 AM
HiGuys ,
For me its the hunt , tracking down that illusive last figure or vehicles. Then Setting them up in a display case for all to see.

The worst thing about collecting is finding that illusive last figure onlyto realize u dont have enough cash to buy it , Thats better then a kick in the Pants.

Trevor

Mandalorian Candidat
03-27-2002, 11:15 AM
Sadly, my life is so boring that my only excitement is finding those HTF figures that finally pop up after being released for months. That's what I find most appealing about collecting SW.

Darkross
03-27-2002, 11:28 AM
To Finally have a decent collection of Star Wars Figures / Vehicles that I only dreamed of when I was a kid.

Not to mention to find those really hard to find figures or figures that I've never seen before and be able to add them to my collection.

Turbowars
03-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Collecting for me keeps the StarWars feeling alive inside of me. It also keeps my mind off daily stress /problems, at least for a few hours a week. The hunt is a big part and when you walk over to a StarWars end cap and see the newest release, I get a funny feeling, I don't know how to explain it but I feel like a kid again. My wife says I get a huge smile and a glow. I don't know about the glow thing, but I know I get that smile. Basically it kind of keeps me going, something different that the whole work for a living thing. Man I wish I would win the lottery! :crazed:

master jedi
03-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Sadly, my life is so boring that my only excitement is finding those HTF figures that finally pop up after being released for months. That's what I find most appealing about collecting SW.

Same with me. It just gets so frustrating not being able to find the figs you want when you want/need them.

Jayspawn
03-28-2002, 01:09 PM
I do it for the thrill of the hunt. All the failures are worth it to see the latest figures sitting on the shelf. I'm with turbowars, I feel like a big kid holding the newest figures in my hands. I get all excited! I can't describe it either.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 01:13 PM
I htink that's the only reason I still like to collect. I love being an adult, but I suppose it's the last bit of my "kid" coming out. I think the films are fun and the designs are great. I take them all off the cards because I like to "play" sometimes and... there is a difference between collecting and "warehousing", which is what I consider on card only collections.

2-1B
03-29-2002, 01:17 AM
I like expanding my enjoyment of the SW films. As a kid I was always able to continue the fun with my SW toys, and as an adult I'm the same way. I don't love toys in general, because this is the only line I collect. But SW toys are magical :D

Lman316
03-29-2002, 02:52 PM
I think the best thing for me is finding a figure (especially a new release, or an elusive one) and just tearing that sucker outta his/her/its package. Then I can display him/her/it with all the other freed individuals filling up my room.
Yep....tearin' 'em open.....satisfyin' :happy:

darth_obi
03-29-2002, 03:56 PM
Ya i open almost all of my stuff
gives me a great joy to do so

carded collections look sweet , but nothing beats having a darth vader on your desk at work

JEDIpartner
03-30-2002, 12:03 PM
he'd probably say "the smell" :D

ACPin
04-02-2002, 08:47 AM
The hunt just doesn't work for me anymore. That's because there are more important aspects in life like family, work, friends, etc.

Now I'm able to enjoy it more through my works and I just let everybody else go rush out there to get the latest figures. Me, I'll get them when I can. :)