PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite OT Character?

Darkross
03-27-2002, 11:55 AM
For the longest time mine was Luke Skywalker...since he got to use the force and play with that nifty lightsaber. But now I think that my favorite is definitely Darth Vader!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-27-2002, 12:45 PM
Han.

Oh, you want reasons, too? Sorry... :p

He had brown hair; I have brown hair.
He was bold and adventurous; I wanted to be bold and adventurous.
He was a great pilot and shot; I liked that.
He was sarcastic; I was sarcastic.

Go Han!

SithDroid
03-27-2002, 03:58 PM
Han Solo

Dryanta
03-27-2002, 08:15 PM
Chewie, but Han is a very close second

billfremore
03-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Darth Vader. period. :)

Rollo Tomassi
03-27-2002, 09:45 PM
Gosh. I wish I could be different and say that perky little R2-D2, but I have to go with Mr. Complexity himself. Vader.

2-1B
03-28-2002, 03:40 AM
Growing up it was always Han for me because I never saw myself as a potential Jedi like Luke. I always envisioned myself with a blaster instead of a lightsaber.

But now when I watch the films I have so many favorites, Lando for one "Hello what have we here?" Yeah, Lando's pretty cool, I like his character's complexities.

And Chewie as well, he's another favorite. The wookiee suit was always so believable to me, I kinda wish wookiees were real. I would certainly hang out with one. Another reason I identified with Han as a kid! :)

I always preferred R2 to Threeps (well, I don't like 3PO at all).

mark2d2
03-28-2002, 06:11 AM
R2-D2.

He drives the story.
He saves the day. (continually.)
He is just too dang cool.

That there is so much personality coming through what was basically a block of wood pulled around by wires through much of ANH is simply amazing. Ben Burtt definitely deserved that special Oscar for R2's voice alone.

To this day I'd love to have a real artoo just a'hanging round the house.
Serving drinks. Beeping in that little impertinent way.

R2-D2. He was also my first action figure both times around.

Darkross
03-28-2002, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
R2-D2. He was also my first action figure both times around.

Well, Darth Vader was my first figure...but that is pure coincidence that he's my favorite character.

Pendo
03-28-2002, 07:47 AM
My fave OT characters are:
Wedge,
Piett,
Vader,
Han,
Lando,
Boba,
3PO,
Jabba (ROTJ only, not that stupid CLONE of him in ANH:SE).

PENDO!

187-Maul
03-28-2002, 08:17 AM
I kinda always liked the emperor bu my favorite is vader

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Definitely Han... for many many reasons. For some which were already stated.

DarthSeattle
03-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Absolutely Darth Vader. He has the coolest costume, voice, and walk, just to name a few. His helmet and mask are the best. Of course, I didn't know that the whole Star Wars saga actually revolves around him, but that has been an added plus.

I always wanted to be him, but I am simply too short to be.

Battle Droid
03-28-2002, 07:37 PM
Vader

Lobito
04-10-2002, 04:54 PM
From the OT?? Hmmm...i have 3: Han, Yoda and Vader. 3 different but very original personalities.

saladin
04-10-2002, 05:53 PM
Well for me it's :
Boba Fett, Boba is the man all around
Vader, Who is more evil than Vader
Jabba(ROTJ), He is one of the coolest people ever
Troopers, all of them ,there the greatest police force
And my # 1 is Yoda, he is The Jedi, He defines them through and through

BobaFett
04-10-2002, 08:06 PM
Boba Fett all the way!

chewie
04-10-2002, 10:50 PM
Vader. If he didn't wuss out and become good (I guess) at the end of RotJ, he would be even cooler, IMO. :)

BanthaPoodoo
04-11-2002, 12:30 AM
Klaatu, Nikto, Barada!!!

j/k, seriously my fave would have to be Vader also. I mean come on, its James Earl Jones (and big ups to David Prowse)!!!!!!!

Lando's a close second, only because I don't know how anyone could be that weaselly.

Third is C3PO, human cyborg relations....... just so proper (and a tad whiny):D :D :D

Darkross
05-23-2003, 11:54 AM
I like Darth Vader the most...he's cool...he's bad...and he's powerful! For years...I liked Luke Skywalker the most as a kid...but as an adult now...I've liked Darth Vader the most over the years.

[DSS]Pedr0
05-23-2003, 12:03 PM
VILLAINS IN GENERAL 4 ME..I LOVE THE STORMTRooPERS AND THE ROYAL GUARDS, etc...

The Overlord Returns
05-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Vader first.......followed by Old Ben and Han ........

Darth Cruel
05-23-2003, 04:04 PM
Chewbacca - I have always said that Chewy epitomized courage and loyalty better than any other character in any of the movies.

For over all badness - Darth Maul is the unbeatable bad bay. The only reason Obi-Wan was able to kill him is because George Lucas cheated for Obi-Wan and wrote the script that way. Darth Vader could hardly even move in that armor and couldn't breath without it. And ultimately got killed by it failing when the Emperor's electic attack shorted out the circuitry. R2-D2 could have done the same thing.

Darkross
05-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
Darth Vader could hardly even move in that armor and couldn't breath without it. And ultimately got killed by it failing when the Emperor's electic attack shorted out the circuitry. R2-D2 could have done the same thing.

I disagree...

The lightning used by the Emperor wasn't just lightning...but the power of the Darkside of the force. I mean...Anakin was hit with force lightning by Dooku...yet his lightsaber still worked didn't it? No way could R2D2 short-out Vader's suit...NO WAY! I can't imagine a Sith Lord would submit himself to such a vulnerability. Vader died not because of his suit...but his body (weak and frail) even before the lightning attack was failing...not just the technology. Plus Vader was get hit with Force lightning at point-blank range focused on his head...unlike Luke who was getting hit from a distance all over.

mini-rock
05-23-2003, 08:39 PM
For me it's Vader. What needs to be explained? The guy's a bad***. I do think that Maul could have wiped the floor with Vader though(Dooku could have whooped Vader also) but I don't think Vader went out like a punk. Vader's still the best OT charcter IMO.:)

Exhaust Port
05-23-2003, 10:51 PM
Character: Darth Vader with Tarkin and Obi Wan closely behind.

Non-character: all the imperial troop versions.

stillakid
05-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Character: Darth Vader with Tarkin and Obi Wan closely behind.

Non-character: all the imperial troop versions.

I'm more or less with you. Vader. (and he easily could wipe the floor with Maul's and Dooku's arrogant arses)

Plus I've always been really fond of the Biker Scouts. They just look cool! :cool:

TheDarthVader
05-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Look at my user name. There is no question about it. I will agree and say that Vader could have beaten Dooku and Maul. They ARE both too arrogant to beat Vader.
My second favorite (from the OT) is Emperor's Royal Guard. Those guys definately have their acts together...very disciplined.
My third favorite (for some very odd reason) are the Imperial Dignitaries. No lines, but those guys are just plain wicked.

JediTricks
05-24-2003, 03:17 AM
Hey Darkross, is this gonna be an annual event from you, every year you're gonna start another "Who's your favorite OT character" thread? :D ;) J/k, but I did merge your previous one from last year with this one.

Kidhuman
05-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Boba Fett and the biker scouts. The scouts just look cool as hell. Yoda was prety cool and so was Han. Vader is a bad-^&*. Hard to pick just one.

Jargo
05-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Tarkin. Hell it's Peter Cushing for cripes sake! The man looks evil and acts evil. He doesn't give a damn and he orders vader about. He destroys a planet and doesn't blink once. He looks sharp in his uniform and has great taste in decor. Vader is just a puppet of tarkin. What a wimp vader is. Such a shame lucas killed him off so soon. Had tarkin been around for the whole OT he would have been such a huge asset to the story.

After Tarkin I'd have to say The imperial officer aboard the Tantive IV who gives Vader some lip. I think it's LT. Praji but i could be temporarily confusing him with the other Imp officer on the Tantive. No matter, you know the one I mean right?

Darth Jax
05-24-2003, 07:32 PM
even though they only have a couple of seconds of screen time in ESB, the bounty hunters are my faves for characters. sure boba's there and appears in the other films, but the others (with a grainy exception of dengar in the shadows at jabbas) don't appear elsewhere or even have lines.

bobafrett
05-25-2003, 01:28 AM
Leia- She is bold and takes charge, plus she looks good in a metal bikini.

Imperial Stormtroopers- They just looked so awesome blasting their way onto the Tantive IV. (Plus, just have a gander at my avatar)

Han Solo- He's cocky, yet he gets the job done, a Man's man.

Tarkin- Let's face it, that was one evil S.O.B., the only man besides the Emperor to give Vader orders (Vader, release him)

Lets face it though, I don't think there were any bad characters in the OT. The same can't be said for the PT, IMO.

mini-rock
05-25-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
plus she looks good in a metal bikini.

Damn skippy!:D

Arrogant Arse
05-27-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
I'm more or less with you. Vader. (and he easily could wipe the floor with Maul's and Dooku's arrogant arses)

Hey stilla, why you usin' my name!?!?!?!;)

Mine would definately be one with a VERY important role in the trilogy. The one who would change the whole story if not there. Of course I mean:

UGNAUGHT #3

Well, okay maybe not him.(Her?) Maybe Luke :cool:

stillakid
05-27-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Arrogant Arse
Hey stilla, why you usin' my name!?!?!?!;)

Yeah, what I meant to say is that you are capable of beating those two buffoons as well! Yeah, that's it. ;)

JediTricks
05-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
After Tarkin I'd have to say The imperial officer aboard the Tantive IV who gives Vader some lip. I think it's LT. Praji but i could be temporarily confusing him with the other Imp officer on the Tantive. No matter, you know the one I mean right? Based on that description? No.

El Chuxter
05-27-2003, 05:32 PM
I'm surprised there are no fans of Derek "Hobbie" Klivvian, who spoke the greatest and most well-acted line of ESB: "Two fighters against a Star Destroyer?"

Or Hermi Odle? Why does a big lump of semi-sentient poo with a floppy tongue not get the respect he, uh, she, umm, err, it deserves?

Does TEEEEEEEEEEK count as OT? No?

Okay, for a serious answer: Vader.

DarthChuckMc
05-27-2003, 05:37 PM
Vader...after all....this is all HIS fault. If he just would've stayed and been a Momma's boy, none of this Star Wars crap would've happened.

Sometimes it's good to be a Momma's boy.

Except when she keeps coming in your room and goin' through your stuff and finding those magazines you picked out of the dumpster behind the Qwik-Stop and......

I've said too much.

mini-rock
05-27-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
After Tarkin I'd have to say The imperial officer aboard the Tantive IV who gives Vader some lip. I think it's LT. Praji but i could be temporarily confusing him with the other Imp officer on the Tantive. No matter, you know the one I mean right?

Yeah you're talking about the guy who said "Holding her is dangerous. If word of this get's out it could produce sympathy for the rebellion in the senate." Or something like that.:)

Darkross
06-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Yes the "...She'll die before she'll tell you anything!" guy!

stillakid
06-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
Yes the "...She'll die before she'll tell you anything!" guy!

Believe it or not, but that is Commander Daine Jir. :rolleyes: Whoever comes up with these names....

bobafrett
06-04-2003, 12:36 AM
Was that listed in the credits? Where do you guys find all these bit part players names?

stillakid
06-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Was that listed in the credits? Where do you guys find all these bit part players names?

http://red6.home.insightbb.com

Dar Basra
06-04-2003, 12:01 PM
Owen Lars. He was ahead of his time with the Don Johnson unshaved look.

Well, ok, not really.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - but only in ANH ... not the ghostly "I'm-really-sorry-I-agreed-to-do-these-sequels" versions.

Wedge Antilles - ultimate survivor, who never gets any kudos for doing his part, and never gets the chance to be the hero. Of course, if I find out that he is the son of the Captain Antilles that owned C3PO & R2 (Captain of the Tantive IV? - never stated as far as I know), and only got his appointments through nepotism, then I'll remove him from my list.

bobafrett
06-04-2003, 12:02 PM
Thanks StillaKid! See, I learned something new.

stillakid
06-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Thanks StillaKid! See, I learned something new.

;) I learned that from Tycho!

By the way, I hope that Sansweet or someone has plans to compile all of this info into a DEFINITIVE encylopedia after Episode III is finished.

It's nice having it on the web and all, but there's no telling when the power will go out.

2-1B
06-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Dar Basra
Wedge Antilles - ultimate survivor, who never gets any kudos for doing his part, and never gets the chance to be the hero. Of course, if I find out that he is the son of the Captain Antilles that owned C3PO & R2 (Captain of the Tantive IV? - never stated as far as I know), and only got his appointments through nepotism, then I'll remove him from my list.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh ;)
A writer of EU may overhear you and get an idea . . . :crazed:

aceguide
06-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Han. Not one single doubt. Absolute favotie, even when I was kid. I always thought Luke was a whiney - - - - .

Chewie gets a close second as Han's main man.

Leia cause she was so hot (to a young boy - come to think of it she's still smokin' in the movies)

I do like the bid for R2 - but he just can't beat the smuggler...

QLD
06-13-2003, 03:04 AM
LANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exhaust Port
06-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Now, you're not just saying that because he's in your pants are you? ;)

QLD
06-13-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Now, you're not just saying that because he's in your pants are you? ;)

Well, he does have me in a rather precarious position now doesn't he?!

:eek:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-02-2003, 01:06 AM
I've always took a liking to Lando Calrissian. He is not an entirely complex character, but one with a couple of different faces. Lando we know has a shady past. He is a "scoundrel" according to Han, and we know he is a gambler, betting the Millennium Falcon in a game of Sabbac. If he was anything like Han then we knew he probably was a smuggler or some type of rogue pilot.

Despite this, we see the more admirable qualities of him shine through during the Trilogy. Lando has a business-man responsibility to him. You need to in order to run Cloud City (until the Empire came, he looked like he did a decent job). Even though he betrayed Han, it wasn't like had a choice as he says in the movie. Defying the Empire would have put him and his city in big trouble. He even attempts to rectify his betrayal by rescuing Han from Boba Fett--taking a lot of courage because the Empire was still looming large over the city. Of course he volunteers with Chewie to recapture Han from Jabba the Hutt, even posing as a guard in Jabba's Palace for quite some time.

He is an excellent Pilot, surviving the Battle of Endor with the bulky Falcon, against the numerous ships of the Imperial Fleet. He plays an integral part in the Destruction of the Death Star II by flying through the core and destroying the reactors.

Plus, he is played by Billy Dee Williams. You can't go wrong with Billy Dee. :D

Jedi Tech
07-02-2003, 01:57 AM
Mine is:

Vader
Han
Boba
Luke
R2D2

gtrain29
07-05-2003, 01:19 AM
I would have said Boba Fett before the PT came out and kind of spoiled the mystery surrounding him.
So now my choice would be Bossk. I just love the slimy sheen on him in the shot on the Executor when he snarls at cpt (or adm?) piett.

Imperialist_14
07-05-2003, 02:30 PM
Imperials: Vader, Veers, Piett, the Emperor

Rebels: Leia, Han, Yoda & Luke

Other: Jabba & Boba

If I had to choose just one, I would probably tie with Vader and Leia!

Hellboy
07-05-2003, 06:28 PM
Darth Vader
The most interesting character by far IMO and probably the main reason I've always found villains more interesting than heroes.

Banthaholic
07-20-2003, 12:20 AM
As a kid I always loved Garindan.

hamsterboy
07-20-2003, 06:51 PM
I gotta go with Wedge. There aren't too many background characters who slowly make their way to the front in any series. If this guy was in Star Trek,he would've gotten killed by an exploding Tribble or something.

InsaneJediGirl
07-21-2003, 08:21 AM
Darth Vader is my favorite OT character.Always has been since I saw the Orginal Trilogy.I think it had to due the with breathing and the fact I had asthma;)I'd say Obi-Wan Kenobi is my second favorite,I like his "certain point of view" rantings.