PDA

View Full Version : Painted Ephant Mon

A.J.
03-27-2002, 12:24 PM
Hasbro has a painted pic. Looks cool... What do you think?

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=100

187-Maul
03-27-2002, 12:50 PM
looks pretty darn cool IMO but maybe a bit too light
and look a that hair - looks kinda funny
but great figure overall from what we've seen till now

SirSteve
03-27-2002, 12:59 PM
I have been waiting a long time for this figure! I like what I see!

JetsAndHeels
03-27-2002, 01:03 PM
Impressive. Most impressive. A very fine job on the painting and detail. Hope they look that good once they start showing up in stores.
Might have to get a few of that one if they do.

Lman316
03-27-2002, 01:49 PM
Oh yeah! I'm rubbing my hands together - I can't wait.
I too was a little puzzled after seeing his hair color; I was expecting black or dark brown. But if his hair is light brown, his hair is light brown. It's not going to matter in the dark recesses of my cardboard palace :D
Again, I can't wait.......hurry up, already! :D

Lord Tenebrous
03-27-2002, 02:13 PM
He looks great. I just hope he doesn't fall over when you put his arms in a raised position.

$5.88 for this guy is going to even up that disappointing $15.99 for Amanaman. No more pack-ins, just card him and churn him out.

JEDIpartner
03-27-2002, 02:19 PM
Just because Hasblah botches up the paint applications so often. I hope they don't wreck him... because he looks pretty good at this stage of the game. Well done... so far!

fourtwo
03-27-2002, 02:26 PM
i really like what they did. its great looking.

Jargo
03-27-2002, 02:43 PM
Y'know, Just for the sake of getting him I'd pay an artist to repaint him if the paint deco stank. he's such a tip top sculpt. Whoever you are that sculpted him I'd like to buy you a drink. I'd like to slap you heartily on the back and in my bestest nice English guy voice say "thanks matey!" :) Now, when can i have my Ephant Mon figure?

The hair is going to be a lot lighter than that and the colours in his skin are right on the nose. he was filmed ina dark environment so he just looks a lot darker in pics. his hair is reddish brown so that's technically right. I think maybe the cloak should be slightly darker but I don't care, we finally get an Ephant Mon. Freakin' A!!!!!!!!:stupid: :D happy happy happy - for once.....

Rollo Tomassi
03-27-2002, 02:54 PM
What's with his little wooden microphone/vibro axe? Is he the Sinatra-style crooner of Jabba's palace? Why didn't we see his lounge act instead of that stupid yuzzum hyperventilating everywhere?

pthfnder89
03-27-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
What's with his little wooden microphone/vibro axe? Is he the Sinatra-style crooner of Jabba's palace? Why didn't we see his lounge act instead of that stupid yuzzum hyperventilating everywhere?

Lol at the thought of Ephant Mon singin the blues to Jabba.

He would SOOO get the women! :cool: :D

Jargo
03-27-2002, 03:32 PM
Have you seen the size of his hands.......:eek: I'd say he'd definately get all the women, yes. We so need a new ROTJ Jabba and a Hermi Odle now. There's a market for bigger figures Hasbro. So while your at it lets have that Yarna D'al gargan figure eh? Eh? Go ooooooooon!! :happy: :D

mylow thehutt
03-27-2002, 03:56 PM
:) I'm soooo happy i voted for him,just think if we got the blue chick instead:( damn that would kick the bucket.also Jargo who the heck is Yarel'da'Dargon? would like a new jabba,& heri that would be nice and would love a wisolea.YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH Ephant mon forever. :D :D or till TUESDAY;)

r4_m9
03-27-2002, 04:17 PM
I think he looks great. Any idea how long this one will take to get carded and sent to the shelves?

Jargo
03-27-2002, 05:07 PM
Mylow, Yarna D'al Gargan is the fat dancer from Jabba's palace. The one with the ugly face that bows to Jabba after the first musical number from the Max Rebo band. The actress who played her died recently. She'd be a fairly large character so I thought her and Hermi would be good with Jabba as a wave of figures to compliment Ephant Mon. Wioslea is another character that falls into the seriously ugly category and could fit in with this ugly wave. :)

Battle Droid
03-27-2002, 05:17 PM
SWEET! :crazed: But where's Hermi?

mylow thehutt
03-28-2002, 03:55 PM
:) Jargo Yarna's Figure was in the old starwars action figure archive. it was just a protype with no arms or panit but it was her.

Jargo
03-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Yeah I know Mylow. :) But that prototype wouldn't really be any good in todays market or in the current super detailed collections. We need a new sculpt of her released some time at the tail end of this year packed with Rappertunie. Plus a new Jabba the Hutt and a Hermi Odle. Plus a Wioslea packed with CZ-1 droid, Bubo packed with Herat the fan holding Jawa, J'quille, Gragra the Gorg vendor with Gorg stall and a Dianoga with Luke and Han stormtrooper disguise. :happy:

bigbarada
03-29-2002, 11:26 PM
oooooooh, nice! I've always felt that the big, ugly aliens have always made the best Star Wars figures, and Ephant Mon here proves it!

Bring on Fan Choice Poll #4, and whoever the big, ugly alien on the list is, I'll vote for it! :)

Dave_Cameron
04-01-2002, 03:38 PM
Does anyone know when this one will be out on the pegs?