PDA

View Full Version : Who opens?

billfremore
03-27-2002, 11:40 AM
I realize this thread has been already done, but I'm sure there are a few new members who never go the chance to post anything.

So...

Me I'm an opener, although it does get difficult at times because they look so pretty in the packaging. :)

My preview figures are still unopened, but I'll get to it later :)

I know some people buy more than on so they can have best of both worlds but I can't justify that for myself. I think one is sufficient. I like to leave some for he next guy :)

JetsAndHeels
03-27-2002, 12:08 PM
I open and I keep them carded. I would say about 70% of my collection is still in its packaging and the rest is loose.
I have to have one carded. I dont know why, but the first figure I buy must be carded, then the extras I open. I like looking at them
carded on my walls and on my displays, but then I have the ones I open and play with.
The best of both worlds I guess.

187-Maul
03-27-2002, 01:01 PM
I only open - although I am considering of leaving swimign jarjar and holo sid on their cards when I can't get them sold or traded jar jar looks pretty cool in his package cause you can't put him in a swimming position when loose

Jayspawn
03-28-2002, 12:35 PM
I usually open my figures. I keep 'classic' figures in the package and get extras to open. All other characters I open.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 03:00 PM
unless I get a double. It's no fun to have a warehouse. I'd rather have a collection.

odb
03-28-2002, 03:06 PM
I keep em carded. I use to opened all my figures but when I saw another collectors carded collection, I changed to collecting carded. I think they just look better.

Taichi
04-13-2002, 08:42 PM
I collect loose mostly, but some of my figures are carded (Mostly doubles)

I only keep 'em on the card if they're an interesting figure, the first time a figure is done........or the figure looks better on the card than it would loose.....

BanthaPoodoo
04-13-2002, 10:41 PM
I keep em all on card. My friend opens everything, so I cheat and look at his opened!!! I'm with odb... I think they look awesome on the card, although it get tough sometimes wanting to crack into em!

sith_killer_99
04-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Well, I am a carded collector.

However, I buy extras of the really cool figs to open, sometimes multiples! Gonna have that Imperial Army yet!

I open ALL of my ships/vehicles/playsets.

I also collect my favorite foreign (non-US) carded figures.

Turbowars
04-14-2002, 10:18 AM
I guess I like to warehouse my figures on cards. I opened a few in the past only because I cut off the UPC to send in for Mace E1 figure. I found that for the most part these figure suck. The packaging is part of the figures and I feel they look best on card, besides I'm a error and variation collector and most of the variations are on the card. The only ones I'll open these days are droids. Hasbro does their best work on these guys, just look at FX-7 simply bad @ss

SuperBattleDroid88
04-14-2002, 10:38 AM
I open them all up!!!!!!!! Except my Autographed Darth Maul and a Royal Guard Jedi Force File error. :D

odb
04-14-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by BanthaPoodoo
although it get tough sometimes wanting to crack into em!

Tell me about it, one minute you think that'll look better loose and if you open it and put it next to your carded collection is suddenly just looks..... well a bit limp?

I am torn between carded or loose but carded seems to win all the time.

bigbarada
04-28-2002, 01:49 AM
I used to collect MOC; but soon realized that I was worrying more about keeping them mint than enjoying collecting so I open everything now. My collection is about 99% loose and 1% carded. Besides, I've always thought that the card designs from 1995 until now were pretty ugly (the only decent one being the current blue cards). If Hasbro would adopt the Kenner vintage style (black card with giant character photo) then I would probably collect carded and loose again.