PDA

View Full Version : About Dooku

DeadEye
03-27-2002, 12:20 PM
why is his lightsaber hilt bent? And why is this the first time we've seen one?

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 12:41 PM
IMO, I think it's bent for two reasons. It's cool and it looks like if you were good enough you could twirl the blade easier and strike with more creative attacks. I don't know, I'm not a swordsman.

Bosskman
03-27-2002, 01:11 PM
Lightsabres, like most things, tend to sag once they get old.

Lord Tenebrous
03-27-2002, 01:23 PM
It was designed to vaguely resemble a fencing sword.

And Dooku isn't the only Jedi to have a curved-style handle. There are several Jedi in the arena who have them as well.

pthfnder89
03-27-2002, 02:12 PM
Pretty much the same reason Maul had a double bladed lightsaber. It looks cool and George needed to put in something new and different.:)

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 11:30 AM
He's arthritic and has a hard time gripping the uncurved handles. Either that or wanted it to match his... :eek: :D :rolleyes:

By the way... the blade looks like a standard blade. I remember, early on, LFL saying that this was called a "Flame Saber" and that the blade would look more like it was on fire. I'm glad they didn't do that.

LTBasker
03-28-2002, 11:44 AM
I do believe Christopher Lee is a pro fencer or something like that, anyways George had Dooku's saber to be curved like a foil in fencing so during the duels Lee could REALLY fight.

browndroid
03-28-2002, 11:47 AM
it looks pretty cool bent like that, i agree, george wanted to mix things up

NesteaFett
03-28-2002, 06:49 PM
I see, meaning the new Hasbro lightsabers will be "fencer friendly". Not to mention "old people with arthritus friendly". Now ol' George can sell more product. A genius he is!!!

2-1B
03-29-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
By the way... the blade looks like a standard blade. I remember, early on, LFL saying that this was called a "Flame Saber" and that the blade would look more like it was on fire. I'm glad they didn't do that.

When the spoiler was leaked that Dooku had a curved saber, some people took that to mean the blade was curved. I remember some fan art trying to interpret this notion, and I didn't care for it either. I'm guessing that's what they meant by the flame saber too? Maybe these are two slightly different ideas . . . :confused:

Darth Evil
03-29-2002, 01:24 PM
I didn't like the curved blade idea much either, the curved hilt is very nice though. How many old people do you see playing with lightsabers, NesteaFett???

dirtybones
03-29-2002, 01:42 PM
I like the curve. The thing I still don't get is his comment to Obi-wan about " join me and together we can distroy the sith" isn't he Darth sith somebody?:evil:

DeadEye
03-29-2002, 04:55 PM
Yes...he is Darth Tyranus.

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2002, 06:24 PM
NesteaFett and I both are from NC.
We see weirder things here than old people dueling with lightsabers.
I think the curved hilt is a great idea. It looks good and gives the look a little change as well.

NesteaFett
03-29-2002, 10:07 PM
Wierder things. That's for sure. You'll never see so many mullets clumped in one place. Good thing is where I live Star Wars is that movie with panda bears to most. When May 16th hits everyone will have seen an old man fence.

Obi-Don
03-30-2002, 07:13 AM
I like the ideal of different handles. I try to make my lightsabers with all kinds of handles. I have yet to come up with one that is curved,but I'm working on it.