PDA

View Full Version : New Chewie and Han?

pthfnder89
03-27-2002, 02:09 PM
Does anyone have an idea when these are going to be released? I'm totally stoked by the pictures of these figures!

With ball jointed shoulders, Bespin Escape Chewie looks like he's going to be my favorite version by FAR. :)

Lord Tenebrous
03-27-2002, 02:34 PM
The Chewbacca's great. I'm wondering if they'll treat him like Amanaman - the product on the card shows the external ball joints, but the final product has internal ball joints. Chewie from ToyFair had external, but it might work better as internal. I dunno, still a great figure w/ a nice destructed Threepio.

Han, eh, it's just another resculpt that I'll skip on. If he had a removeable cloth poncho, yes, I'd get him, but I don't consider a thermal detonator a selling point, especially when I can use one of those removeable knobs from the deluxe Leia cannon.

As far as release date, I'd figure it will be in the fall with non-AOTC waves, perhaps like:

Wave 1

4X Bespin Vader
4X Bespin Luke
4X Djas Puhr

Wave 2

4X Ephant Mon
4X Endor Han
4X Bespin Chewbacca

Rollo Tomassi
03-27-2002, 02:56 PM
Isn't Ephant Mon going to be a Deluxe figure?

PloKoon2385
03-27-2002, 04:56 PM
I read at Rebelscum.com I think in one of the Question Marks that Ephant Mon is NOT going to be a deluxe as previously thought. I am excited for the Chewie too! And the Han face is nearly perfect!

fourtwo
03-27-2002, 06:10 PM
the entire line of 2002 stuff excites me, even the AOTC stuff. i just hope hasbro wakes the heck up and starts distrubuting stuf to us canadians. i think they shold send us each one of every figure they decided we didn;t deserve, free of charge and say sorry for not thinking we matter to them

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 11:10 AM
I think they finally got Han right... starting with the 25th Anniversary packs. I can't wait for Chewie. I really wish they'd also pack him with his Bowcaster as well as that Stormie rifle. I suppose I could always pilfer on of the Anniversary sets for one! ;) Just kidding.

pthfnder89
03-28-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I think they finally got Han right... starting with the 25th Anniversary packs. I can't wait for Chewie. I really wish they'd also pack him with his Bowcaster as well as that Stormie rifle. I suppose I could always pilfer on of the Anniversary sets for one! ;) Just kidding.

I'm excited about the Han; as I didn't really like the 25th Anniversary one. For some reason, those little detonators ARE a selling point for me. Don't ask me why, but I've always wanted an Endor Han with those...:D I have this feeling that he'll only come with one though, which would be fairly stupid as he used several.

hukilu
03-28-2002, 04:27 PM
I am too very excited about this year's offering.

In response to Lord Tenebrous' wave listing I believe this to be eventual release waves as stated by Starwars.com.

Col. 1, Wave ?
1- Darth Vader (Bespin Duel)
2- Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)
3- Han Solo (Endor)
4- Chewbacca with C-3PO

Col. 2, Wave ?
1- Qui-Gon Jinn w/Blast effect
2- Endor Rebel Trooper (Bearded)
3- Endor Rebel Trooper (Helmet)
4- Djas Puhr

Solo and Chewie are included in the Col. 1 assort. because they have play features (aka - Kid based)

But who knows what the Big H will end up doing?

Fulit
03-28-2002, 04:57 PM
Where is a picture of this new Chewie?

hukilu
03-28-2002, 05:02 PM
You can check the picture out here:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/feature/20020210/indexp2.html

and then click on the Han Solo pic to see Chewie.

evenflow
03-29-2002, 11:48 AM
I can't wait for Ephant Mon. As for Han & Chewie, they are nice figures, but i am not really looking forward to them yet. CHewie is really nice though.

Lman316
03-29-2002, 01:40 PM
Yep, I want both of these.
Actually, before Toy Fair, and before these were announced, I had just been saying that I wanted a new Endor Han. I was going to use the regular one for my display, but then I remembered that (for the scene I was doing) that Han didn't have his trench coat on. Right now I have the pack-in Han (for the Jabba beast pack) standing there, and I thought: "How cool would it be if they released a new one with the brown pants and everything.....then this would look decent." And really, no more than 1 (maybe 2) week(s) after thinking that, there are the pics.
About the Chewie: I want a new Chewie. I know that this one is basically from ESB because it comes with the broken 3PO, but I need a Chewie for my cantina. Every other Chewie just doesn't look right, because of the scale, and I already have my Mechanic Chewie displayed.
So, yeah.....I really can't wait for these figures. This is looking to be a great year for toys.

hukilu
03-29-2002, 02:40 PM
Hey Lman316,

Do you have any pics of your dioramas? I'm always curious on how others display their collection.

Lman316
03-29-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by hukilu
Hey Lman316,

Do you have any pics of your dioramas?

I've thought about taking some pictures, but then I'd just be embarrassed of the dust building up on some of the stuff I have :rolleyes:.
I keep telling myself to clean it at least once every week, but that just never happens. I usually only dust when I get something new or I decide to change something around.....or when I clean my room.
But, maybe I'll get the camera when I've dusted and I'll post them on here.

Jargo
03-30-2002, 04:04 PM
Chewbacca is a great sculpt. love the fact that he has straight legs and they're close together, not stuck in some taking a dump pose. love the articulation too - shoulder, elbow and wrist superb! Shame that the bandolier is molded on though. One day we'll get a wookie sculpt that can be customised. Love the 3PO sculpt too. two parts of a broken droid. great! I've been waiting for something like that for ages..... No I seriously love this figure and especially his growly face. Wookiee with attitude so he can strangle that damn fop Lando :)

Han is a nice sculpt too. Shoulder articulation is good but the wide legs are a bit of a worry. Nice head sculpt looking pretty Harrison ford like to me. Nice little accessory too in that detonator. Love odd accessories like that.

Hmmm, two figures I'll definately be picking up before some of these Attack of the clowns figures.

browndroid
03-30-2002, 05:47 PM
awsome! those are so cool! i cant wait for them:D

bigbarada
03-30-2002, 11:04 PM
Chewie looks awesome! I love the extra articulation. Now it's just wait and see how Hasbro manages to screw him up. If they don't, this will be the quintessential Chewie figure with the only thing that could possibly improve on him would be including a bowcaster as a bonus accessory. The "clump-o-Threepio" is a little lame; but I can always replace him with the POTF2 removable limbs version.

Han looks great and it's about time Hasbro corrected their hideous POTF2 version of his Endor outfit. Sure a cloth trenchcoat would be nice; but Han only wore it during the initial landing on Endor so leaving is out is no biggie.

All in all, two awesome figures which have me excited about the future of the line again! Oh yeah, Ephant Mon and the two Rebel Commando's are peachy keen also!

Wolfwood319
03-30-2002, 11:18 PM
Hey BB, what's up? How's the civillian life treating you?

I'd like a nice cloth coat with the Han too. The Chewie looks awesome as well. With Chewie and the new Luke Bespin coming out, we will have resculpts of all the Bespin themed characters. Time to move on to Hoth or Endor. Hopefully with all the Endor figures coming out this year (uhhh...3 and a vehicle set:p ) we can get a new Endor Luke and Leia.

bigbarada
03-31-2002, 12:22 AM
Life's not too bad, WW, it's just taking me a little time to adjust to the civilian way of getting stuff done. Getting a job has been the clincher, since I lost my Birth Certificate and you can't get a job without it this close to the Mexican border. Too many illegal aliens screwing stuff up for us law abiding citizens.:frus:

Anyhoo, I seem to remember hearing about how this Endor Han and the two rebel commandos were intended to be a pack-in for the Imperial Shuttle. Any truth to that? I hope not.

pthfnder89
04-01-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Anyhoo, I seem to remember hearing about how this Endor Han and the two rebel commandos were intended to be a pack-in for the Imperial Shuttle. Any truth to that? I hope not.

No definitvie proof BB, but I'm pretty sure they aren't. I can't remember Hasbro ever showing an exclusive pack-in figure at Toyfair without specifying that it goes with a vehicle.

Plus, I think there was a thread discussing the Commandos being Shuttle pack-ins. Aren't they going to be in one of the accessory packs?

Jargo
04-01-2002, 09:17 AM
FAO say that they are still in discussion with Hasbro over this. They don't even know if they'll be carrying the shuttle at all let alone pack-ins. But they are discussing pack-ins too. But don't forget that there was a rumour going round that the sandcrawler would make an appearance this year as a re-issue so FAO could pick up on that one instead as it appears in the new movie.

The rebels i thought were being shipped as head variants one ata time like the Imperial officer and Rebel fleet trooper. Or as a 2-pack. han is a single carded figure from what I can gather. No-one seems to have any cohesive concrete proof about anything until right on the release dates. Some word from hasbro would be nice.
They're churning out so much product and expecting us to plonk down our hard earned cash for it so I would like some info on release dates and pack sizes so I can budget for the stuff. Or at least the stuff that isn't US only exclusive :mad: Even a tentative schedule would be great with expected dates and waves etc. How are we supposed to know what's out if they don't tell us what's coming? Don't they believe in advertising? Or do they simply rely on rebelscum now to let us all in on what's coming?

mylow thehutt
04-03-2002, 09:06 PM
i heard on some wed site that the two reble soldiers would be two pack exclusives,such as 2 holth soldiers exclusives to target,and the cantina aliens exclusives to wal-mart,any truth to this.:confused:

mylow thehutt
04-05-2002, 08:33 AM
:) The han is nice,the chewy is also cool,but love the 3po pack in.

Beast
04-05-2002, 08:43 PM
New pictures of the Han Solo: Endor Raid and Chewbacca: Bespin Escape were posted earlier by Rebelscum. Not sure if Han will come with the soft goods coat after all, since it's not in the picture. :( But then again, neither is Chewie's cargo net, so there is hope. But he still looks pretty good, and the Chewbacca is a darn cool figure. I love the Chewbacca pack in, defenatly going to look good in a Bespin diorama. :) Here are the images.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Han Solo: Endor Raid:

Beast
04-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Chewbacca: Bespin Escape: