PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart price drop

Dar' Argol
03-27-2002, 07:42 PM
F.Y.I. - In case this does not get posted in the news section. Wal-Mart is dropping prices on SW figs. They are going from $6.44 to $5.88!!! That's almost a dollar off!! I was checking the price changes today at work and say 64 changes for SW figs. This came down in our system so its a company wide drop! If they are not done by today, it should be done by the end of next week, or the price changes are "Late". It depends on how fast the Toy Dept. Mgr. gets them done. But they do have to be done! I'm not 100% sure if this price will continue through AOTC release but I think it should.

Just thought I'd keep you guys informed:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-27-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
F.Y.I. - In case this does not get posted in the news section. Wal-Mart is dropping prices on SW figs. They are going from $6.44 to $5.88!!! That's almost a dollar off!! I was checking the price changes today at work and say 64 changes for SW figs. This came down in our system so its a company wide drop! If they are not done by today, it should be done by the end of next week, or the price changes are "Late". It depends on how fast the Toy Dept. Mgr. gets them done. But they do have to be done! I'm not 100% sure if this price will continue through AOTC release but I think it should.

Just thought I'd keep you guys informed:D

I'm glad to hear about the price decrease. Even though it is a meager 56 cents, it adds up! I'm skeptical though about them keeping it for the entire run. I remember in the summer, Wal-Mart jacked up their POTJ from $5.86 to $6.44 while they were warming the pegs, for no apparent reason too. But it beats paying $6.99 at K-mart or $6.49 or whatever at Target.

Echo_7
03-27-2002, 10:18 PM
How bout $7.99 at KayBee Toys??? What a rip! The worst part was, the FX-7 and Zutton waves were $7.99, while they still had old Ben's and Shmi's that were $2.99. Go figure.:mad:

hamsterboy
03-28-2002, 02:06 AM
Yeah,I saw that last night when I picked up my Teebo figure.

2-1B
03-28-2002, 02:28 AM
This makes sense, since the AOTC figures are allegedly gonna be 5.88 as well. Thanks for the update :)

I was at WM tonight but didn't notice the prices - I was too disturbed by all of the Zutton's and Eeth Koth's warming the pegs :D

GeneralKenobi
03-28-2002, 03:45 AM
They haven't changed the prices in the computers yet but the tags here in Woodstock, Ga. read $5.88 as well.

c_richards
03-28-2002, 02:45 PM
I still paid $6.44 for my R3-T7, but that's ok, I really cleaned house when I got my Queen Amidala (black travel gown), FX-7, Imperial Officer, and Tantive IV Rebel. My Wal-Mart had them listed at $4.00 EACH! Of course, I ran back and got another Imperial Officer, and Tantive IV Rebel.

I figured it was a fluke...but it was a fluke in my favor! :)

Lman316
03-28-2002, 03:08 PM
Yep, happened here too.
I went in today, looking for anything new: AOTC, TIE Bomber, Crashed Snowspeeder, or just some new figures. Do you know what I found? Huh? Episode 1 figures. They had first wave Amidala and Jar Jar and a Tatooine Darth Maul.
I sighed and shook my head. Who in their right mind would still pay $5.88 for these?

2-1B
03-29-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Lman316
They had first wave Amidala and Jar Jar and a Tatooine Darth Maul.

That is so depressing :eek: The only Episode I product warming WM shelves around here is the exclusive 12" Maul/Speeder set. And they refuse to clearance it!

Emperor Howdy
03-29-2002, 02:18 AM
That's awesome news, Dar' Argol!! Now instead of spending $514.58 on April 23rd, I'll spend a meager $497.35!!!

For real, though, that IS good news! :)

SirSteve
03-29-2002, 10:16 AM
Got it posted! Good news! Thanks!

Dar' Argol
03-29-2002, 01:35 PM
No prob SirSteve. Just doing my part to save everyone a little $. I'll be able to pick up a few mor things on 4/23 now!

hukilu
03-29-2002, 03:54 PM
The only problem with WalMart dropping their prices is that everyone I know is going to Toys R Us for the Midnight bash.

Meaning that most will not take the time to return their TRU finds if they find it again at Walmart the next day.

If Walmart would do a Midnight opening I'd be there in a midiclorian filled heartbeat (I know, I'm a geek).

SithDroid
03-29-2002, 04:02 PM
I don't see why people can't wait an extra 8-10 hours for the figures. I mean after all they Are going to be EVERYWHERE! I never had a problem getting the stuff I needed and I went at 8 am the day they came out instead of going to a crazy midnight madness opening where everyone fights for things that are going to be available EVERYWHERE anyway. Sometimes I don't understand the logic behind it all. Oh well, have fun everyone who decides to participate in the large crowds and the pushing and shoving. Meanwhile I'll be the only one looking through the selection taking my sweet precious time to find the stuff I need at a place that will sell them cheaper than TRU.

hukilu
03-29-2002, 04:26 PM
I think 4/23/02 needs to be regarded as a fan event. I mean when else do you get to rally with a bunch of fellow collectors and stand in line sharing stories of finds and scores in anticipation of purchasing the newly released toys from the newest episode of the most famous movie series in the history of cinema at Midnight!?!

Who wants to miss out on that by shopping at 8am in the morn?

(Plus I have to work at 7:30am)

SithDroid
03-30-2002, 02:38 AM
Just the same, I'll wait until the morning.

JEDIpartner
03-30-2002, 12:14 PM
this price drop is Certainly encouraging... but probably the reason we are getting such "gummy" rubbery figures. Oh, well.