PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Smiley doing its job!

Dar' Argol
03-27-2002, 07:43 PM
F.Y.I. - In case this does not get posted in the news section. Wal-Mart is dropping prices on SW figs. They are going from $6.44 to $5.88!!! That's almost a dollar off!! I was checking the price changes today at work and say 64 changes for SW figs. This came down in our system so its a company wide drop! If they are not done by today, it should be done by the end of next week, or the price changes are "Late". It depends on how fast the Toy Dept. Mgr. gets them done. But they do have to be done! I'm not 100% sure if this price will continue through AOTC release but I think it should.

Just thought I'd keep you guys informed:D

Turbowars
03-27-2002, 07:58 PM
That's kind of funny, with Hasbro's reputation the costs should have went ^up^. I mean we get a huge new bubble,(I don't care) all figures have their own card,(I do care) not like POTJ and we get dumb @ss gimmicks (as you can see I don't give a rats @ss about that). What gives?????

Dar' Argol
03-27-2002, 08:05 PM
Wal-Marts buying power?!?!?!? Rick McCullam took over Hasbro?? Jar Jar is now making the figures??????:eek: I don't know, I don't ask. I just buy alot when its cheep!!:D

Jayspawn
03-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Price drops on figures are always good. It makes a great difference at the checkout line.

sith_killer_99
03-28-2002, 10:56 PM
Hey, wait a minute!

Didn't Wal-Mart have the POTJ figures for $5.88 when they were first released. In fact, I believe it was about half way through the line that they jacked up the price to $6.44...around the same time Taget DROPPED their price to $6.44!!!

:crazed:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-01-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Hey, wait a minute!

Didn't Wal-Mart have the POTJ figures for $5.88 when they were first released. In fact, I believe it was about half way through the line that they jacked up the price to $6.44...around the same time Taget DROPPED their price to $6.44!!!

:crazed:

You are right. Except at Wal-Mart the original price is $5.86. It was right about the time the Han Bespin wave was warming the pegs. Some genius must of said, "you know what, these Bespin Leias and Chewie Mechanics aren't selling too well. Let's jack up the price to $6.44 and see how much we sell." :stupid:

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 09:18 AM
I haven't found any Wal*Marts pricing their figures for less than $6.44!!!

Rollo Tomassi
04-01-2002, 10:03 AM
I haven't found any Wal marts selling POTF figures anymore. And that's a shame because I am still on the hunt for R2 w/Holo Leia...:(

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 10:12 AM
I gave up and spent the $17.99 on it. I couldn't take it anymore. It was just ridiculous looking everywhere! I w9ould have probably spent more money on gas looking for that little bugger!

Rollo Tomassi
04-01-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I gave up and spent the $17.99 on it. I couldn't take it anymore. It was just ridiculous looking everywhere! I w9ould have probably spent more money on gas looking for that little bugger!

Actually it was more a comment about how there's "Wal Mart price drop" story in the old POTF thread...