PDA

View Full Version : Micro Machines Stands

Bobby Fett
03-27-2002, 09:37 PM
Does anyone know a source (other than buying lots of extra sets) for the little clear plastic stands used to support most of the Micro Machines?

vulcantouch
03-28-2002, 12:32 AM
. . .is that my pal b'jr has 1000s of mm ships, and therefore 1000s of stands. however, he has yet to use all the stands simlutaneously (he's often content to display his squadrons on the floor naked :eek: ). so he Might be persuaded to trade some in exchange for xtra scifimm ships you didn't want. make an offer, & i'll check with him :)
other than that, i'd think it wouldn't be too hard for someone out there to cheaply fabricate a bunch of duplicates out of acrylic. after all, their shape is simple :)

Bobby Fett
03-28-2002, 11:29 AM
Thanks. I appreciate the offer, but MM's aren't my top priority, so I don't have any duplicates.

Along a similar line, is there any reason why some of the Action Fleet ships have the lettering on the stand in gold, while others are unplated black plastic? No biggie, I am just curious.

Thanks again.

jeddah
03-28-2002, 11:55 AM
I believe the gold ones were released to commemorate the 1997 Special Editions (but I normally get my facts wrong so someone'll have to confirm.) :)

R2 is prolly the most qualified for this task.

jeddah

good shot jansen
03-28-2002, 12:22 PM
when action fleet were originally released in 95, the star wars logo on the box, as well as the stands were printed in silver. that's why sometimes, you'll see folk here refering to silver labeled af's.

in 97, galoob changed the lettering on both the box as well as the stand to gold, just as jeddah indicated, it was to commemorate the release of the special edition star wars movies.

sometime around the end of 97 (or beginning of 98) galoob (or hasbro, as i do believe the sell had gone through by then), used cost cutting measures, and removed all coloring from the star wars logo on the stands (thus it being a relief black logo), if they could, they prolly would have done the same fer the box, but i don't think ol' lucas ltd, would have found it very nice, having the star wars logo on the box of the merch blacked out:eek: , so the gold lettering remained.

Bobby Fett
03-28-2002, 10:42 PM
Thanks to Jeddah and good shot jansen.

Since I am new at this, is it customary to post replies thanking for help, or does everyone just assume the information is appreciated?

Does everyone (or most everyone) tolerate new people with questions that have probably been answered a hundred times before?

Again, thanks.

vulcantouch
03-29-2002, 12:28 AM
don't matter either way as far as i can see, i just assume tha asker saw any reply i make. either way, do as you wish, it's just a matter of personal style :)
also, some "tolerate new people with questions that have probably been answered a hundred times before", & some don't. again, don't matter much either way ;) who's who, you ask? stick around & see :evil:

good shot jansen
03-29-2002, 07:42 AM
it ain't like we got anything else to tawk about these days anyway:rolleyes:

we're always glad to have a newcomer grace these here mm forums! welcome.

don't worry bout axin' qextions which may have been posted several times previously over the years (sum of us have been tawkin mm's on the web with eachother for some 4 years now:eek: ), so's it's to be expected that as new people pop in, certain issues will be brought up again and again. but as hasbutt ain't been zackly filling our coffers with new merch of late, tawkin bout anything related to mm's is welcome....retread or not!:o

once again, welcome, stay a spell, i think you'll like it here:)

haggie
03-30-2002, 02:42 PM
I read a post about a month ago in some topic in this forum where somebody here was asking if anybody had a Land Speeder or AT-ST to sell. I have searched for the post and I can't find it. I'm thinking it may have been Good Shot Janson or one of the other frequent posters. Anyway, I believe I will have an extra AT-ST stand in a few days because I am getting one in a lot of AFs I purchased. I already have one so I don't need it. Now I know that there are probably quite a few people who need this stand so I don't want a mad rush of people saying "I want it". If you were the mystery person who posted that message before let me know.

good shot jansen
03-30-2002, 03:55 PM
i tried a search through the forums looking for who it might be, unfotunately i came up zilch:(

now correct me if i'm wrong, but you're offerin' only the stand, right haggie? not the whole enchilada, just the at-st stand.

actually, there may be quite a few folk who would be interested in that stand, as the at-st prolly saw biggest distribution as a battle pack (#2) which never included a stand for it. most people prolly have it in their collection that way.

the 2 pack was only offered at kb as an exclusive, so lots o' folks may be unaware that a stand for it even exists.

haggie
03-30-2002, 04:14 PM
I will have an AT-ST too that I wont be needin'. I thought that whoever posted that message only needed the stand though.

JediGoofy
04-02-2002, 09:44 AM
Hi haggie,
I think you are talking of one of my old messages in which I posted my wish list, including the AT-ST and Landspeeder stands. :)
As GSJ said before, I got my AT-ST and my Landspeeder from battle packs and I was not even aware of the existence of those stands until I saw pictures of another SW fan's collection.

I really appreciate your offer about the AT-ST stand, but in the meantime I bought a KB exclusive two pack (even if I did not really need the vehicles) on eBay, so I do not need those stands anymore.
Thank you, anyway. :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. By the way, luckily I have been able to find almost everything in my old wish list and now I consider my collection "almost" complete. The few remaining items are:
* MM Epic Collections 4-6
* Balance Of Power
* Build Your Own Podracer pack 2
But I can wait for them. :) What I really want are NEW MICROMACHINES for AOTC!!! :crazed: I cannot believe we will not get the MM models for the new movie! :mad: Hasbro bring back MM (or just release your license on those type of toys, so other brands can build them!). :p

JediTricks
04-03-2002, 01:21 AM
GSJ, the Action Fleet stands were original painted not with standard silver paint, but with an iridescent (pearly/holo-foil) paint. Also, it was Galoob's idea to remove the gold paint from the stands, as Hasbro had not yet bought them when those stands were made.

SWAFMAN
05-13-2002, 05:24 PM
has any one ever seen, or even better do you have action fleet stands with a clear plastic upright piece like the one shown on this person's (http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue17/random.html) web page?

haggie
05-13-2002, 05:28 PM
I just got done going through all my AFs to take pictures for the site I'm making and none of them have a stand like that.

good shot jansen
05-13-2002, 07:57 PM
the base of the stands were blue with the top portion clear translucent plastic

other than those, i don't think any of the other galoob vehicles had that feature.........lessen' o' course you wanna includ mm's into the equation, they were all trasparent:p

JediGoofy
05-15-2002, 07:03 AM
Hi Swafman,
it looks like the picture with the clear AF stand comes directly from the old Galoob site. If you check it (using the Wayback machine) you will see part of the '96 AF wave was pictured with the partially clear stand (Luke's X-wing, Darth Vader's TIE, Snowspeeder, Shuttle Tydirium, and A-wing Starfighter).

I do not think these beautiful AF stands were never produced for the market because that is not the only difference between the official pictures on the Galoob site and the actual products (e.g. the X-wing paint job).

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. By the way I have another question: why someone is calling the Imperial Shuttle "Tyderium" instead of "Tydirium"? Galoob always presented it as "Tydirium" but I do not know which is the correct name. Does anybody can help me? Thanx :)

SID
05-15-2002, 02:19 PM
If someone could help,please let me know.

good shot jansen
05-15-2002, 04:03 PM
i know what you mean sid :(

as a cost saving measure, hasblow (i don't care what you say glitch, i'm still gonna lay the blame on them)(as far as i'm concerned, just cause of the buzz board alone, which is why many of us are even here today, galoob can do no wrong in mine eyes! :happy: ), decided that we didn't need no stinkin' stands on which to display our die-casts, hence leading to the absurd, such as landing gear on the federation battleship:rolleyes: . sheeeesh

anyway, i'll double check, i don't think i have any spares, (i resorted to buying multiple, as cheap as possible ot die-cast dupes off of ebay, just so i could acquire stands for the ep I diecasts), awhile back someone had posted as well that they were looking for extra die-cats stands, and i had checked then, and found none to spare, but i'll check again!

i do have a few extra ot die casts though:frus:

vulcantouch
05-15-2002, 06:56 PM
. . .and also list what xtra mm ships you might be able to trade, & i'll check w/b'jr next chance i get, maybe he has 3 he can spare :)

SID
05-16-2002, 12:30 AM
VT,I just need 3 of the regular SW- MM diecast display stands with or without the painted SW logo would be fine dawg!
As far as MM's for trade,I have to many to list dawg,which ones are you lookin' fur?:D

vulcantouch
05-20-2002, 06:00 PM
i.e. are they black? blue? clear? & how big are they?
top-priority mm ships always sought on this end: any trek mms from 3-pax 10-16, and the exclusives from the 3 16-ship boxes; any ep1 mm ships from pax 7 or higher; various swmms exclusive to the playsets (aldar beedo pod, droid fighter, moving-wings imp shuttles etc); b5 mms, esp. from 3pax 5&6; any men in black, sst, t2, alien or armageddon mm vehicles; id4 alien attacker "mm"; alien ressurrection "betty" mm; imp heavy lander mm; and the mm-sized-shuttle from the trek V/VI ent-a model. but if you have things to offer not mentioned here feel free to list them & i'll see what kinda deal i can put 2gether. also, if need more details (such as which stmms are in the 10-16 pax) just ask :)
vt