PDA

View Full Version : Too Late

Co Jo-Da
03-28-2002, 01:26 AM
I came across this Spy Report and I had to pass it on...

Padme is finishing Threepio in the Lars Homestead Tatooine Garage, the mood is light and fun. In fact, when she puts the final touches on the golden droid, they are even messing around and laughing out loud. Owen chimes in that she should keep the droid, it is what his mother would want. The mood suddenly changes when Padme hears Beru's voice calling from the outside: Anakin has just arrived home.

Shmi's body is tied to the swoop. He carries her limp body up to Cleigg, and stops to look him right in the eye. Then he makes a move inside ...

I love how the mood changes so quickly...

Tycho
03-28-2002, 01:41 AM
Strange. It was always Anakin and his mother alone before.

I would have thought he would have burried her by himself and wanted privacy at that moment and for a while after.

Shmi must ask him to take her home before she dies.

It just doesn't seem like Anakin to carry her home like that.

I pictured he burried her nearby all the Tusken he sacraficed in the name of retribution for her.

2-1B
03-28-2002, 02:35 AM
That's a great spoiler report!

Wow, he brings her body back? Tycho, I think I know what you mean by how it's not like Anakin to do that. I thought maybe he would act like a bit of a recluse after her death as well . . .
ooh, but that look he gives Owen's dad - I hope the blame is really piercing on screen. Or will it be a blank, almost empty look he gives him?

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 12:21 PM
...but I too thought that Anakin would have just buried her in the desert. Who knows. He probably does just bring her back to make a point. Ehhh... whatever. As long as the scene is well played out I don't really care.

Lord Tenebrous
03-28-2002, 04:07 PM
I think the change was made strictly to move the story along. Anakin brings Shmi back to the homestead, and after her burial, R2 intercepts a transmission, and 3PO says that it's from somebody named Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Rather than give Anakin time to cool off, he's off again to help his Master, and that anger within him is really going to be full-Force.