PDA

View Full Version : Collection 2: Wave 2 (Carded Pics)

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:18 AM
Rebelscum comes in with carded pics all 5 figures from Collection 2: Wave 2. So it does look like these five collection 2 wave 2 figures are really starting to pop up. Which hopefully means they should be avaliable in good quantities on April 23rd. So looks like there will be 19 figures total in most stores on that day. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dexter Jettster (Carded):

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:19 AM
Dexter Jettster (Card Back):

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:23 AM
Geonosian Warrior (Carded):

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:25 AM
Geonosian Warrior (Card Back):

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Jar Jar Binks (Carded):

Tycho
03-28-2002, 03:40 AM
These figures look really great. Dexter Jettster is going to be - WoW!

They all are better looking than the first wave stuff!

I was one who was negative about the first eight Collection 1 figures, and the first six Collection 2 figures. (with certain exceptions).

Now while I keep that opinion, don't you guys think this second wave starts getting so much better?

Shaak-Ti versus the Nikto Jedi? No comparison! Nikto rules!

SaeSee Tiin's Force effect blows away Plo Koons!

What's more interesting? The Tusken woman - or Dexter Jettster?

JarJar might annoy some of you, but did more effort go into his figure, or is Captain Typho all THAT exciting?

Boba Fett might be a little short for a Clone, but while he's one of the best figures in the first C2 wave, does that recycled rocket pack even compete with the pair of wings on the Geonosian Warrior?

Things are getting better already!

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:41 AM
Jar Jar Binks (Card Back):

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:43 AM
Nikto: Jedi Knight (Carded):

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:44 AM
Nikto: Jedi Knight (Card Back):

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:45 AM
Seasee Tiin (Carded):

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:46 AM
Seasee Tiin (Card Back):

Beast
03-28-2002, 03:49 AM
Sorry about changing around the uploads while you were posting Tycho, I forgot to load the back shots the first time around. Oh well, no matter. Yeah, collection 2 Wave 2 looks awesome. Not quite sure exactly when Jar Jar wears that outfit, or when he's fighting somthing in AOTC's, but there has been some speculation. I won't bring up right now, though. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
03-28-2002, 09:05 AM
I guess he will be wearing that outfit during the full 2 minutes that he is featured in the entire film.

Also is it just me or do Saesee's and Nikto's sabers look rather shorter than the other sabers? I guess that must be to give each one a distinctive look.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 09:34 AM
Love that Spin Cylcle and Blast Dry effect we are getting with the two Jedi. Cool... :rolleyes:

Electrified Cleaver! Whooo!!!!

"...or wrap it around JarJar Binks, instead!"

Otherwise... the best figures are Dexter, the Warrior. The others are pretty typical of this line. By the way... JarJar's got those dangly epaulets in the box picture... why aren't they on the figure? Another oversight?

Wolfwood319
03-28-2002, 09:40 AM
Now this is the wave I've been waiting for. Leaps and bounds ahead of the first wave if you ask me. Both Jedi look incredible, and look of the Genoshian warrior is really starting to grow on me.

When can we expect the creatures to be released?

187-Maul
03-28-2002, 09:45 AM
thanx for the pics jarjar
I'm so excited about that nikto jedi just looks too cool

LTBasker
03-28-2002, 12:17 PM
Hey JJB! I'm glad you're back! :happy:

Thanks for the pictures, I'm guessing since these were found that means 18-19 figures on the 23rd instead of just 14... give or take some classic stuff because Hasbro said they'll be releasing the 2nd variants of the POTJ Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer.

Dexter - Very cool figure... that spatula looks a bit imtimidating... :D Nice fact that he almost fills the whole bubble, lotsa figure there. :cool: Very nice detail, and all 4 arms I hope are articulated. :p

Geonosian Warrior - Sweet detailing on this figure, I'm definitely gonna have to pick up alot of these. :) I hope the wings are on good joints and not like Watto's wings.

Jar-Jar - Hmm... judging by the pose of his head and body, it looks like the one at ToyFair has a reverse pose. Oh well, it's no matter. The head seems a little out of scale with the body, the robes are probably just real big though. However he does seem to have some odd smile on his face, that wouldn't be such a weird thing since he has a smile in his picture but the figure is supposed to go in an action pose so it's kinda weird for him to be smiling I think.

Nikto Jedi - Well, theres great detail there but...what else can he do? Is he just a one pose wonder like Shaak Ti? One thing he's got going for him though is from Toy Fair pictures it looks like that force affect connects to the saber hilt and the peg on the blade goes through the effect so the blasts on the bottom of the saber blade might actually look ok with the force effect there. But everywhere else they look stupid. :D

Saesee Tiin - The detail on his head has much improved since the POTJ Saesee, that's for sure. Kind of a weird force effect, looks like the Blob got caught on an old floor furnace. ;)

Overall, these figures are pretty nice, much better than certain figures of the first 2 waves. :cool:

mylow thehutt
03-28-2002, 03:40 PM
:) very nice,so far Dexter is on my list with the jedi,plo,tinn,nikto and so on.any way is nikto's saber handle removeabl it looks like it's stuck to his hand?over all great stuff keep the pics rolling Jar Jar:)

Darth Evil
03-28-2002, 03:54 PM
I hope the Nikto's lightsaber hilt can be removed from his hands, that would ruin an otherwise great figure!

Beast
03-28-2002, 04:13 PM
No need to worry, the hilt is removable. Check out the back of the card, It's more obvious from those shots. Looks like a great figure regardless. By the way, anyone else think they are swamping us with way to many Jedi figures right off the bat?

1. Kit Fisto
2. Plo Koon
3. Shaak-Ti
4. Nikto: Jedi Knight
5. Saesee Tiin

Not to mention, Collection 1 Wave 2, which is supposed to have Mace Windu and Yoda. And Luminara Unduli is supposed to be out sometime in May as well. Thats releasing 8 of the 9 or 10 Jedi figures planned for the whole year right at the start. No clue on when Ki-Adi Mundi is supposed to come out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-28-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
By the way... JarJar's got those dangly epaulets in the box picture... why aren't they on the figure? Another oversight?
I dunno, I have been looking at that alot also, and comparing it to the few full body shots I have of him in that outfit from the box picture, I can say that the figure is not dressed in the same outfit we saw in the film trailers. The one in the trailer like you said has dangly epaulets, plus it doesn't have a white front or that particular pattern to his outfit.

All I can think of is that they either based the figure on pre-production artwork, or he's changes into a different outfit later in the movie, and is involved in a fight of some kind. Either on Coruscant, or possibly he leads a group of the CloneTroopers on Geonosis. Either way, all this boils down to him needing a re-sculpt already, to put him in his proper senatorial robes, with a stance more like Palpy and Orn Fre Taa.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hairless chewie
03-28-2002, 04:31 PM
I faintly remember the clamor about a few Jedi council members that still haven't been released.....now how about that. I can't wait for all of them. They are Jedi, but they are OBSCURE Jedi!

CrossWizard
03-28-2002, 04:38 PM
Speaking of non removable saber hilts, does anyone know for sure if the Deluxe Obi Wan and Dooku figures sabers can be removed? cause its hard to judge from the pictures Ive seen but looks to me like they are stuck or sculpted along with the hand, and that would suck big time since thats the only Dooku figure available until May and the Obi Wan in my opinion has a better sculpt than the basic one(aside from the hunched battle stance)

PloKoon2385
03-28-2002, 06:00 PM
Well, seeing how there will be over 200 Jedi, I don't think that 8 is too many. I hope they keep it up! I would like to complete both councils (Ep I and Ep II). By the way, didn't Hasbro SAY there was going to be a collector's wave and a children's wave? Well they proved it here. I think the rest of Collection two was worse because they were rushing them out. They were forcing them to be available on April 23.

Jargo
03-28-2002, 07:45 PM
Oh look - another JJB post pad thread. *yawn*

Tycho
03-28-2002, 08:27 PM
Jargo: Why did you post that last message?

What good did it do for anyone else here, besides letting you accuse JarJar of something?

I don't moderate this forum, but I'm sure Jedi Clint (?) and Jedi Tricks will not be amused.

JarJar is just sharing the images for everyone to see. Why he didn't just post a link to the page where he got them all from, I can't say. However, you can only put in one image per post in a thread.

JarJar - for what purpose would you want 1 million posts or to achieve some ridiculous amount? I don't think you care about post counting (am I correct?) - and no one else does.

Jargo - why do you care? The comment wasn't called for.

I'd request the moderator delete Jargo's last post and this one of my own - plus any others that fall on the post-padding subject.

This thread is about the E2 figures. Steve now has pictures up in the main news. Or look at JarJar's here. They are the same figures, and I don't know if they are or aren't the same images.

If you guys really want to do something constructive, go to Wal*Mart and buy them before they figure out that they can't have these out until April 23. Good luck and HH - just quit squabbling!

Beast
03-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Oh look - another JJB post pad thread. *yawn*
Oh look, another complaint from Jargo after I post somthing helping people. :rolleyes: :D

Now, in response to what Tycho said. I didn't post a link, because I have known Lucasfilm and Hasbro to jump sites that post the pics early, and If the images were pulled down the link would be worthless. Also, alot of people want to look at the figures in the same thread they are talking about them.

As for post count, no I frankly don't care. I enjoy posting and discussing things for the fun of it. It's a chance for me to interact with members of the Star Wars community, that I don't get to meet and talk to in RL for certain reasons. I am sorry that I am trying to be helpful and it keeps ending upwith me getting attacked. Maybe I should have stayed away, after I recovered from being sick. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Law Student
03-28-2002, 11:32 PM
Hey JarJar, I think you're doing a great job! Putting the pics directly into the forum thread is more convenient than going back and forth to other sites. Keep up the good work!

As for this new batch of figures... I really like them, overall. While I'm starting to agree that the AOTC figures are overly posed, I still think the detail on them is top notch. I like the blast effects, too, although I'm not sure why Dexter Jettster's cleaver needs one. :D

Dar' Argol
03-29-2002, 12:37 AM
While I agree with Jargo on most things, this I do not. JarJar, Thank you for the pics! I do not believe this is padding and from reading most of your posts I know you do not care about counts. Please, don't stay away. Your are one of the few ppl in here who does their homework and finds really good pics of items we may have never seen. BTW, I've been waiting for a recent post of yours so I can show you this. I'd think you'd get a kick out of it. I know its not figure related, but it is JarJar related:D

Beast
03-29-2002, 12:46 AM
Cool Pic Dar' Argol, wow can you imagine how the people that don't like Jar Jar would of reacted if he would have been cloned a few times like that in the movie. That definatly is getting saved in my "Bombad" Jar Jar file. :D

And thanks guys, like I always have said from the beginning, I am only here to help if I possibly can. Glad that there are some of you that appreciate the trouble I go thru to update people when I get a piece of info that can be of intrest, or help.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

brentfett
03-29-2002, 01:46 PM
WOW! So does anyone have a complete list of all the figures and vehicles available on April 23rd?

Beast
03-29-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
WOW! So does anyone have a complete list of all the figures and vehicles available on April 23rd?
I do for the figures, the basic 3 3/4 and the Deluxe. Please note that the number inside the [ ] is the figure's number. As for the vehicles, all of them but the Republic Gunship and the Arena Playset should be out, but those 2 are due in the fall. The second asst. of Deluxe figures, may or may not be avaliable on the 23rd.

Collection 1 (Wave 1):
[01] Anakin Skywalker: Outland Peasant Disguise
[04] C-3PO: Protocal Droid
[13] Jango Fett: Kamino Escape
[05] Kit Fisto: Jedi Master
[03] Obi-Wan Kenobi: Coruscant Chase
[02] Padmé Amidala: Arena Escape
[14] R2-D2: Coruscant Sentry
[06] Super Battle Droid

Collection 2 (Wave 1):
[11] Battle Droid: Arena Battle
[07] Boba Fett: Kamino Escape
[09] Captain Typho: Padmé's Head of Security
[12] Plo Koon: Arena Battle
[10] Shaak Ti: Jedi Master
[08] Tusken Raider: Female w/ Child

Collection 2 (Wave 2):
[16] Dexter Jettster: Coruscant Informant
[15] Geonosian Warrior
[24] Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator
[21] Nikto: Jedi Knight
[20] Saesee Tiin: Jedi Master

Deluxe Figures (Wave 1):
[ ] Jango Fett (w/ Electronic Jetpack and Snap-on Armor)
[ ] Mace Windu (w/ Blast-Apart Battle Droid)

Deluxe Figures (Wave 2):
[ ] Darth Tyranus (w/ Lightsaber and Force Flip Base)
[ ] Obi-Wan Kenobi (w/ Lightsaber and Force Flip Base)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fulit
03-29-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Thanks for the pictures, I'm guessing since these were found that means 18-19 figures on the 23rd instead of just 14... give or take some classic stuff because Hasbro said they'll be releasing the 2nd variants of the POTJ Rebel Trooper and Imperial Officer.

When did Hasbro say this, does this mean some classic stuff will be released on 4/23, if so why is Hasbro trying to confuse me, and are there any pictures of these "variants"?

Beast
03-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

Originally posted by Fulit
When did Hasbro say this, does this mean some classic stuff will be released on 4/23, if so why is Hasbro trying to confuse me, and are there any pictures of these "variants"?

The following comes from a Q&A Rebelscum had with someone from Hasbro on March 8th, after Toy Fair:

Q: Are the Imperial Officer and Rebel Fleet Trooper head variants still planned?

A: Yes, the variations are still planned and should be available prior to April 23rd. As of now the figures should be worked into existing or upcoming assortments and will be made available at retail.

No pictures have leaked out yet, and it sounds like they are gonna be actually packed into army builder cases of the old POTJ figures. Which I think is going to make them really difficult to find. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dirtybones
03-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Oh Jar-Jar you truly belong with us in the clouds. Those pictures are the s***!!! Thank you so very much for all the information you give us star wars nuts. This movie and all the stuff at will come with it is going to ROCK. :D

rdrunr89
03-30-2002, 05:23 PM
Hey JJB,

Thanks for the pics. You have someone on the inside or do you work for a place that you can get all these pics. Keep it up.