PDA

View Full Version : HOw could'nt GL had noticed this... Boba's outfit... ?

Darth Ovori
03-28-2002, 12:01 PM
Boba Fett's armor changes colour... ???

In ESB he has gray armor for his forearms and has low handle rifle with a chrome nozzle...

In ROTJ he has red forearms armor, dropped handle blaster with a similiar extended barrel like a Stormtrooper's blaster...

But now in the Special addition ANH he has the same kit as ROTJ... meaning that someone got it wrong in the design crew or he has a wardrobe various suits...

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 12:35 PM
We weren't supposed to notice!

Starfig873
03-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Buh? Well I know that ROTJ had a protype suit...all purdy colored and whatnot. :p

Sure this could be a mistake, but Boba probably has several suits to go around. Seeing as how many times his armor and helmet have been taken off/smashed/left behind in the comics and such.

Probably helps confusing people too. :p Make them think there are more than one.

LTBasker
03-28-2002, 12:55 PM
One interesting thing too is that the painted ROTJ armor which is both seen in ANH and ROTJ, well he's only been seen on Tatooine with that armor, but in ESB when they weren't on Tatooine, Boba had different armor. :D

browndroid
03-28-2002, 01:00 PM
i havent even noticed that, but then again, i dont have the special addition

El Chuxter
03-28-2002, 02:37 PM
Vader's costume and saber also noticeably change between movies. It's more a "hmmm, this looks better than that" type of deal, methinks.

Starfig, I think Dark Empire touches on that about spare suits, which is probably the best story explanation we'll get.

Also, if this is Daddy's suit of Mandalorean armor that Boba's wearing, I wonder if we'll get an explanation as to why the color is so different.

Grif
03-28-2002, 06:28 PM
Maybe Boba Fett just changed his clothes.

LTBasker
03-28-2002, 06:37 PM
The most interesting part about the ESB/ANH&ROTJ Boba Fett rocket packs is a certain person is also using a certain rocket pack that another certain person uses later on in a certain sequel... If you look at the certain figures you'll know what I mean...

Starfig873
03-28-2002, 08:56 PM
Starfig, I think Dark Empire touches on that about spare suits, which is probably the best story explanation we'll get.

Mmhmm, wonderful comic isn't it? :)
That's part of my theory, Chewie takes his helmet clean off, so he has to have extras.

Then in the comic adaption of Shadows of the Empire Fett dressed Zuckuss up in his armor to use him as a decoy for Bossk and his gang. SO that proves right there that he has more than one set.

RooJay
04-12-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Grif
Maybe Boba Fett just changed his clothes.

Thanks Grif! Looks to me like Boba Fett has more than one set of armor, and sometimes changes his clothes.

Lone Jedi
04-18-2002, 10:12 PM
I know what you mean about his rifle being different. I'm pretty sure he must have more than one weapon to tote around.

stillakid
04-26-2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Vader's costume and saber also noticeably change between movies. It's more a "hmmm, this looks better than that" type of deal, methinks.

Vader's changing mask was always a strong point for me. Somehow, he always managed to convey emotions, even with the mask. The three different versions portrayed a maturing warrior. First, in ANH, the mask seems to be lighter and less constraining. As his need to actually fight winds down, his mask evolve into something a little less brash and more suitable for a head of state. Finally in ROTJ, the mask is at it's highest gloss and the sculpt seems more befitting royalty somehow. I'm having a difficult time putting my observations into words on this one, but I'm trying my best. That and the Nyquil is starting to kick in.

eliwankenobi
04-26-2002, 06:07 PM
These are all good points about the mysteriously changing Fett armor. Do you all suppose there's a closet on Slave 1 with armor suits and jet packs hanging on hangers?
The question I have is what happened to Jabba between TPM and ROTJ? When Jabba was put into the ANHSE, the animators explained that this was Jabba before he put on all his weight. Yet in TPM, he looks as he did in ROTJ. What happened to Jabba during the time of ANHSE? Did he come down with the flu? Weight Watchers?

And the changes in Vader's helmet (as well as the ST's helmets if you notice) are very obvious during the course of ANH thru ROTJ. What I am wondering is what the first incarnation of Anakin/Vader's helmet will we be seeing in E3?

RooJay
04-27-2002, 12:57 AM
Maybe Jabba's appearance is one of the reasons Lucas wants to take another crack at the whole "special edition" thing.