PDA

View Full Version : af sized star tours toy!

JediTricks
08-16-2001, 06:19 AM
original thread (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=20&PID=5226)

GSJ, hopefully you are reading this and you are so welcome.

Swaffy, I got your money order today, if you haven't received your Starspeeder today, it'll be tomorrow. I slapped tracking on all the packages because I have a hard time trusting the USPS, but I don't mind spending extra on you good folks (I know VT, that's not very spendthrift of me ;)). I don't have the numbers on me, but I know where they are if I need them.

Jeddah, did you see Hasbro's non-commital response to that text? Here's the article on SSG (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=13&show_article=1564), a very strange response, definitely not the hard "no" I was expecting.

good shot jansen
08-16-2001, 10:24 AM
i plan to ship the overseas package later today to brit cit.

SWAFMAN
08-16-2001, 03:17 PM
JT - The Star Tours package was waiting in my mailbox when I got home yesterday. It's very cool. Thanks much for your time and efforts to buy & send them out. I hope you've received my payment by now.

good shot jansen
08-16-2001, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks

Swaffy, I got your money order today, if you haven't received your Starspeeder today, it'll be tomorrow.

attsa matta? doncha read the actual posts?

:p

j/k

glad to see ya on these new and improved (well almost improved, when i git my name back it'll be improved) forums

SWAFMAN
08-16-2001, 03:57 PM
GSJ - Gimme a break - I'm still catching-up from being out of town for a couple days! ;)

good shot jansen
08-16-2001, 04:12 PM
it gave me a great opportunity to check out the quote function in these new threads!

so far, after parusing around a bit, i gotta say that i do like em.

i just wish that with each new version of these here forums, we wouldn't keep losing the old ones in the process. sheeesh.

what is this the 3rd time?

ahh progress..................

JediTricks
08-17-2001, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
it gave me a great opportunity to check out the quote function in these new threads!

so far, after parusing around a bit, i gotta say that i do like em.

i just wish that with each new version of these here forums, we wouldn't keep losing the old ones in the process. sheeesh.

what is this the 3rd time?

ahh progress..................
Hey, at least I got the old ones to be kept as an archive. The reason they're not here actually is the same reason why these forums came up, the old system was glitching and the programmers were having a hard time fixing the glitches, and getting the glitched database over to this new system. In theory, we could have waited a few more weeks with the old system, and thrown the dice and seen if the database would port over, but there was a chance that they wouldn't and all our words would be lost, so I was given the choice and chose "now" even with the clean slate.

Swaffy, glad to hear you got your Starspeeder! :cool: And you're the first poster here to use the attachment format, very cool! Nice thinking on the zip file format, I gotta ask Steve to let us put up wavs though.

good shot jansen
08-23-2001, 10:56 AM
sorry for the dealy guys, but when i went to the post office last week, i had packed the lil' buggers in a usps priority box that i had received from someone else, due to it's perfect compact size. when i went to the po, they informed me that they could not ship that box over seas, that it wuz only to be used for domestic purposes. :( (sheeesh, something like not removing the tag on a mattress i suppose),

anywho, i finally got it wrapped up with some blueprints i wuz discardin', and it went off today.

due to the compact size and weight, air-mail wuz not much more than surface (somehow the thoughts of sending something by surface, and it going on a ship sounds a tad oxymoronic.....but i digress):rolleyes:

anyway, the total cost to each of you (brit cit, jeddah and yorkie) is $9.08 (i paid jt 25.00 for the 4 - 25/4=6.25 - i shipping the three overseas at $8.50/3=2.83 - 2.83+6.25=9.08)

not bad when you look at what these things are closing at over at scalpum's (http://search-completed.ebay.com/search/search.dll?query=starspeeder+3000&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort)

jeddah
08-23-2001, 01:45 PM
.....an I am!

Thanks GSJ.

I'll cover this guys (yorkie and BritC) . GSJ I will sedn you the dosh via paypal when I send Swaffy his.

I'm just waiting for my Paypal 4 digit number to be revealed on my bank stmt so I can activate it.

Thanks for the Amidala icon headsup too. :)

so...yeah

jeddah :D

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 10:44 AM
GSJ, you didn't send them out with what I originally wrapped each in? I made some effort on that one and hoped everybody would get... what I wrapped each one in. (I'm not mentioning what I originally wrapped these in because I'm hoping GSJ actually DID use it.)

BTW, the boxes that say "priority mail", when the USPS people see those going by in the wrong type of packages, they're supposed to grab it and put it in the right area, same with Express and Overseas. So you see, if they saw "Priority Mail" on the box, it'd have a good chance of never getting across the seas. Not like the mattress tag thing, which is there only for the stores and meant to keep shady stores from cheating the customers.

good shot jansen
08-24-2001, 02:27 PM

you guys will just have to wait!

;)

JediTricks
08-25-2001, 12:01 PM
Sweeeet! Thanks GSJ, you had me worried there for a second, I thought those winning lottery tickets were going to be lost forev... I've said too much! ;) :D