PDA

View Full Version : Is Jango going to out do his son in popularity?

dirtybones
03-28-2002, 11:53 AM
It would seem that with the movie not out for another 48 sinking day's that the popularity that BOBA FETT has "had" over the past year's has maybe come to a major high dive face slam in the pool of us die hard STAR WARS fans. I hate to admit it but I can't wait to see Jango Fett in action.:evil:

browndroid
03-28-2002, 12:03 PM
ive been a fett fan from the begining;) , but its true that now, more than ever, people want to see that mandelorian armor

Wolfwood319
03-28-2002, 12:15 PM
Well with the technology we have today, Jango Fett is doing a lot more than filmakers ever dreamed of having Fett do 20 years ago. From the Trailers we've seen him fly around and stuff of that nature, where as all Boba Fett ever did was stand around and then die.

dirtybones
03-28-2002, 12:18 PM
Is it the armour or is it the man? Personaly I want to see if Jango can make more of an impression as a warrior then Boba did. :evil:

dirtybones
03-28-2002, 12:32 PM
That's what I mean Wolfwood you got it right on the nose. I think that with Jango doing the little things like taking off his helmet will give us the feeling of his emotions at the time that he does stuff like that. Where as with Boba, all we get is his screaming as he falls to his death or "What if he dies? he's worth alot to me" Jango is going to be the new kid on the block and I can already see Boba being put in the shadow of his father.:evil:

RooJay
04-06-2002, 03:30 PM
No doubt! Not to slight the original, but Jango Fett is just more of what we want to see. Not to mention that Jango Fett in action gives us much more of the Mandalorian in action. Something a lot of fans have been screaming for since the first time we saw Empire! While Boba has always looked freaking awesome, and we all imagined all the cool stuff he was capable of, we have never seen it. With Jango we will. Sure, Boba Fett got to take a few shots at Luke and even managed to snare him with a cable, but we'll actually get to WITNESS Jango not only fighting a Jedi master, but even managing hold his own against the HEAD of the Jedi council! COOOOOL!

sith_killer_99
04-06-2002, 06:10 PM
Yes, Jango will have more screen time and more action than Boba! However, I wouldn't count Boba out just yet!

We still have EPIII coming up in 3 years, and I wouldn't be suprised at all to see Boba out for blood!

2-1B
04-06-2002, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure it's a fair comparison, because Jango is really an extension of Boba. The two go hand in hand.
Personally, I'm not a Boba Fett fan. But I am interested in the Jango character. And these next two films might make Boba a more dimensional character, so it's possible I will really like the character when the saga is complete. :)

But if I had to pick a "favorite" right now, I'd say Jango. :D

Obi-Don
04-07-2002, 07:34 AM
Is Jango better than Boba. Maybe in the new movie where there will be more action. To me all it will mean is. There will be two bounty hunters in my collection that can kick ***$.

RooJay
04-07-2002, 06:46 PM
Now that you mention it Caesar, I'm going to have to agree with you. These two do go hand in hand, and I think seeing the daddy in action will just make the two of them seem that much cooler! Jango Fett, by nature of him being introduced this long after Boba, really makes him another aspect of the original and should add a lot of depth to the character.:happy:

Taichi
04-11-2002, 09:34 AM
Wow, It's good to see that people think like I do....

So far, Boba is only a pretty costume......a badass costume, to be sure, but so far he hasn't done anything, except stand around and be badass......and then die (I don't believe in the EU).....

He didn't DO anything in the original trilogy (Which contributes moreso to his badassness, because he didn't have to DO anything just the THOUGHT of his badassness was enough), and while it may be argued that he captured Han, this too, is false (Vader actually did the capturing, Boba just did the tracking).....

so, all we're left with is the HINT of a badass.....whereas with his daddy, he's a badass without leaving anything to the imagination!

JediTricks
04-11-2002, 05:56 PM
You're probably wondering why this wasn't moved to the "EPISODE II - No Spoilers" section... um, what do you mean? Of course it was... er... moved.

(heh heh, they'll never notice that it took me 3 weeks to realize that this thread was in the "Comments/Suggestions" section of the forums, even though it has nothing to do with that section. ;))

DeadEye
04-11-2002, 08:36 PM
but at least jango doesn't get killed by a blind man with a stick...:p

El Chuxter
04-26-2002, 04:52 PM
From the clips they showed before ESB last night on Fox, I'd say yes. I already think he's better than his no-account son. :D

Jango does pretty much everything we ever dreamed of Boba doing on screen: kick butt, take names, take off his helmet, fly the Slave I in serious dogfights. . . not to mention the one cool feature from the original vintage prototype Boba that they showed last night!

DarthBrandon
05-07-2002, 03:53 PM
I think Jango will very popular with the fans for this movie, but look for Boba to turn up the heat in Episode III (Rise of the Empire) (seen it posted by one of you guys and liked it best) I'll bet it will be no contest if Boba & Aurra Sing are doing some of the exterminating in the third movie. Boba comes out on top.

DeadEye
05-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Yes...and hopefully Aurra will be the one who is disentigrated. :D

DarthBrandon
05-07-2002, 07:37 PM
Yes she probably does die by the hand of a Jedi.