PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mark2D2, here's R5....

Jargo
03-28-2002, 05:08 PM
I was looking at the databank entries today and noticed our little astro friend trundling along in his cameo performance as the Rickshaw speeder pulls up at Watto's shop. Blink and you'll miss him in the movie. :rolleyes:

LTBasker
03-28-2002, 06:33 PM
Hey that does look alot like him, I mean how many red R5 units would have blue sides? :cool: Either he's a similar unit or he's just a background character that just happens to make an appearance in ANH... or R2 meets him while Anakin and Padme go about their business and R2 meets up with 3PO as R5 watches and so he knows about their friendship before which is why he knew he had to blow his motivator in ANH to keep them together.

rdrunr89
03-30-2002, 05:40 PM
Well, GL always said the droids were the only constant throughout the SW universe. Apparently, R5 D4 is part of that. LOL

mark2d2
04-01-2002, 09:22 PM
That does indeed look like my little friend. It'll be interesting to see if anything else happens with him in the film.

Now where's his Action Figure?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2-1B
04-01-2002, 09:45 PM
Well, he certainly would make a fine addition to the SAGA line :)

Basker, I hope McCallum doesn't see your post and try to insert a droid meeting scene in the AOTC DVD :)

Beast
04-01-2002, 09:53 PM
Just watch, it will probably end up that R5-D4 was lil Anakin's first droid he built while working for Watto. That's the only explination for him being included in Episode II. After all, according to the EU Anakin rebuilt R4-P17 to be Obi-Wan's Starfigher droid. So it's entirely possible that he rebuilt R5-D4. In the words of almost everyone in the Star Wars universe: "I have a bad feeling about this."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 09:59 PM
No more droid EU... give me a break!!

Beast
04-01-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
No more droid EU... give me a break!!
:D But what about the fact that IG-88 exchanged his memory banks for the ones in the Death Star II. And that the rebels actually blew up IG-88 who planned to use the power of the Death Star to rule the galaxy. :) Ok, that one I don't buy either. But what about 4-LOM? He has a decent EU backstory, after all.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks