PDA

View Full Version : Does your Wal-Mart follow the rules? Complain here.

Fulit
03-28-2002, 05:21 PM
Dang it, why can't it be me that finds something early just once I'd like to be the lucky one that gets the toys some dumb stockboy put out a month too early, why do all the Wal-Marts around me have to follow the rules, etc, etc, etc. !!!!!!:frus: :frus: :frus: ARRGHH!

mark2d2
03-28-2002, 05:26 PM
I know. It's annoying. Doubly so because you can't even REALLY get mad at the Walmart because they're only doing what they're supposed to do.

BlahBlahBlah
03-28-2002, 05:29 PM
I still haven't found the frikkin' preview figures, yet...

Grrrrrrrr......

NesteaFett
03-28-2002, 07:59 PM
And what's the deal with them stocking so much Power Rangers figures. Okay, I got nothing.

Lord Tenebrous
03-28-2002, 08:19 PM
They put out the Lego on the top shelf, and they were taking it back off today, but not before I was able to get exactly what I wanted.

Victory!

sith_killer_99
03-28-2002, 11:01 PM
Yeah, and I'm getting sick of Zam and R3 warming pegs around here, heck even Clone Troopers are pretty easy to find.

Oh wait, those ARE the preview figures!

So where the heck are BoShek and the gang? And what about that Imp. Officer variation?

BTW, has anyone found the TIE Bomber and Crashed Snowspeeder yet?

:crazed:

Jedi_Rainman
03-29-2002, 12:34 AM
The WM stores in my area are going to get busted if they keep it up, but its good for me and other Star Wars collectors. I have already gotten the following...

Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter (not the lego but I do got it)

Jango Fett's Slave 1 (Lego) has a May release date

Super Battle Droid (Lego Technic) also has May date

Republic Gunship (Lego) once again a May release date

This stuff is getting to be expensive but its all worth it.

2-1B
03-29-2002, 12:52 AM
Jedi_Rainman, what was the price on that Gunship? Thanks :)

I kinda wish I would hit something early too. I certainly have been stopping at WM more often now that these reports are coming in.

Oh well, it's less than a month til I can scour the aisles looking for what I want most :happy:

LTBasker
03-29-2002, 01:21 AM
Actually the E2 LEGOs have an April 23rd release date I do believe, hence why they're at the stores so early, it's just pre-May 3rd all over again.

The price of the LEGO Gunship is $89.99.

GeneralKenobi
03-29-2002, 02:27 AM
My theory about the Legos being released early is that maybe the Lego boxes aren't marked with a street date as opposed to the Hasbro boxes, but this didn't stop the figs from being released in some places...just a guess though.

GeneralKenobi
03-29-2002, 02:31 AM
By the way, I think the Wal-Mart here in Woodstock, Ga. got burned by the preview wave and they have caught on.

Obi-Don
03-29-2002, 02:38 AM
The Wal-Mart in my area is so wishie-washie its not funny. Sometimes they get new stuff out early and sometimes it takes months for them to put anythying out. :frus:

2-1B
03-29-2002, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The price of the LEGO Gunship is $89.99.

I saw a LEGO SW box on a pallet at WM yesterday and I didn't notice any markings other than the 4 digit item #. I checked and it was just the Jedi Starfighter. I assume the 4/23 cases must have some warning on them . . .

Mandalorian Candidat
03-29-2002, 02:17 PM
All the W-Ms I've been to in UT have been by the book. I wish we had some illiterate stock people here who didn't care about putting stuff out before the release date. I've been trying to motivate them somewhat by thinning out the pegs every now and again. I figure if I end up hiding all the old stuff they'll finally put any new stuff out.

SWAFMAN
03-29-2002, 03:41 PM
If you have a serious complaint with a Wal Mart store, I'd like to pass along something I learned last year when I had a pretty serious issue with a computer purchase. In every store, usually at the customer service desk, there is a flyer you can fill out that is sent directly to the President of the Wal Mart company. Wal Mart commits to respond to every one of these forms within a very short period of time - I think it may be 48 hours. When I was dissatisfied with bad information I was told about the included options of a computer I had purchased, all I had to do was be seen picking up one of these forms, before an assistant manager and then a manager of the store were practically grovelling at my feet to do whatever was necessary to make me a happy customer. They corrected the situation at significant expense to themselves (about $50 in additional PC parts they had to buy from a Radio Shack), and I did not send the form to the Wal Mart corporate offices.

Just my experience, for what it's worth....

Jedi_Rainman
03-29-2002, 11:37 PM
I talked to my store manager at WM today and he said the only dates that we have to follow are the ones for videos, dvds and music cds. Toys are excluded even though they have a release date. He said we are going to have a 25ft. modular for all the AOTC toys, but some will be put out if there is room for them before the 23rd of April.