PDA

View Full Version : What would it take me to convince a guy at Wal Mart to slip me some AOTC figs early?

Spinosaurus2004
03-28-2002, 11:01 PM
I'm gonna go there tommorow and I want me some AOTC figs. I don't know the right way to go about persuading an employee to put some out early. I hate talking to them ever since I got into an argument with a worker at Target over the SKU number on a POTJ wave and how different waves had different SKUs or something. Ehhh, any suggestions?

Battle Droid
03-28-2002, 11:05 PM
Probably slip them some cash.

Spinosaurus2004
03-28-2002, 11:06 PM
If there's one thing I am its cheap. Maybe a Jedi mind trick or intimidation would work.

PloKoon2385
03-29-2002, 12:06 AM
Start out with something general like: "Do you have any more Star Wars toys in the back?" And then expand. And ask someone who isn't a manager, and who is either old or young, neither cares.

Wolfwood319
03-29-2002, 12:35 AM
Do like I did, sweet talk an older female employee who seems nice.

"Excuse me, a stock boy went to go check to see if you had anymore star wars figures in back, but hasn't returned yet, could you please go check?"

Be careful though, some of the older employees can be grouchy!:frus:

NesteaFett
03-29-2002, 01:34 AM
Well, I work at a bank here in NC. The lady who does toys at my local Wal-Mart has an account with us. I might be able to persuade her with good and bad. I'd get the figures, but probably get fired and go to jail. Na, it's worth it. I will soon have you Nikto Jedi.

Spinosaurus2004
03-29-2002, 10:40 AM
They always tell me all their figures are out already. I hate Wal Mart but unfortunately they have good toys . . . sometimes!

dirtybones
03-29-2002, 10:56 AM
Or you can do like I do and get the name of the manager and then tell the snot nose stock boy that you called and talked to "GORDON" and he said that you had some AOTC figures and that you can look in the back for them. Ha hahahahah, it works for me. Look out snot nose I'm coming down as we speak ha hahahahaha...........:evil:

JonoFett
03-29-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Spinosaurus2004
They always tell me all their figures are out already. I hate Wal Mart but unfortunately they have good toys . . . sometimes! Just bite the bullet and try and be polite to an employee:D , failing that wait like the rest of us until April 23rd.:D :frus:

SithDroid
03-29-2002, 12:20 PM
Jeez, what's the big deal? Can't anybody wait until the 23rd? It is less than a month away. I'm not even THAT excited about the new figures. Besides an employee can lose their job by breaking the street date and the store can also get a huge fine which will, in the long run, up the cost of the figures to make up for their mistake. So don't let all of us suffer from that because you couldn't wait another 3 1/2 weeks. Patience is a virtue.

browndroid
03-29-2002, 12:25 PM
some morons have already released them

evenflow
03-29-2002, 12:37 PM
I am going to assume that if you slip someone enough money, they will give them to you. Then you may have to slip some more money to te person at the register though.

I can wait, but it would be cool to get them early.

Lman316
03-29-2002, 03:04 PM
Maybe we should start a group here on SSG, and we could just buy directly from Hasbro. So, technically, we're not really breaking street date because we're not selling them....we're just getting them and opening them (or keeping them packaged) just to have for ourselves.
I have access to a Tax ID (aka Resale License, because Hasbro won't sell to the general public)....we could do this! lol. Who's with me? :crazed: Kit Fisto's for everyone......and early too!

NesteaFett
03-29-2002, 11:11 PM
Kit Fisto? I'm in! No, wait, he's green right? I'm out!

AmanaMatt
03-30-2002, 01:33 AM
That's a great idea, we all chip in and get a Sirstevesguide direct account with Hasbro.