PDA

View Full Version : Special feature on Jango!

jedi master sal
03-29-2002, 09:27 AM
Has anyone else noticed the view finder on Jango swivels down so you can pose him like that too. (not that it helps with his "statuesque" look).

still a cool feature.

kadamontaga
03-29-2002, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure 300th Boba Fett does it too, but I don't have him here right now.

LTBasker
03-29-2002, 11:45 AM
Yeah 300th Boba does it too, we had to pay over the regular price of a figure just to finally get it on one. :p

Lman316
03-29-2002, 01:47 PM
I didn't notice that - I'll have to check it out on the Jango.
But speaking of the 300th Boba Fett (or any Boba Fett for that matter), I noticed that the view finder is on the wrong side.
I had noticed that a little while ago while watching Return of the Jedi. It's on the opposite side in the movie than it is on the 300th Fett or even my POTF2 Fett.
Just thought I would share that :D

hukilu
03-29-2002, 03:07 PM
Hey Lman316,

The beauty with Movies and the way they are edited is if you don't like the actual (left or right) direction the action or character is looking or going you can simply flip the negative. This I believe to be the case in Jedi.

And here is my supporting documentation:

http://collectibles.echostation.com/toyguide/ActionFigures/ESB/Boba_Fett-300/index.htm

and

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bobafett/index_movie.html

LTBasker
03-29-2002, 04:34 PM
Yeah, in ROTJ they flipped the negatives on Boba because they didn't like the lighting and they prefered him pointing in the way he did in the final print. I'm guessing they shot the Boba scene before and then couldn't reshoot so just decided to flip it.

Obi-Don
03-30-2002, 07:19 AM
I didn't notice until my son was looking at it and showed me. Its a cool part of this figure. I didn't know that the 300th Boba could do it to. Maybe I will try to get one if I can.

JEDIpartner
03-30-2002, 10:37 AM
The figure DOES have the view-finder on the correct side and there is just an image error in that shot in the film.

Jayspawn
03-30-2002, 10:45 AM
Well I'm glad something on Jango Fett moves. He doesn't! Haha.

pthfnder89
04-01-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Yeah, in ROTJ they flipped the negatives on Boba because they didn't like the lighting and they prefered him pointing in the way he did in the final print. I'm guessing they shot the Boba scene before and then couldn't reshoot so just decided to flip it.

True, the exact same thing happened in The Phantom Menace. In the scene where Qui-Gon is riding the Eopie to drop off the Hyperdrive, he is talking to Obi-Wan. The image of Obi was reversed. It's fairly obvious because his padawan braid is on the wrong side. :eek:

It's probably a similar situation, where they needed to change the lighting, or they filmed him looking the wrong way and they needed to flip him so that it looked correct when he was edited in with Qui-Gon.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2002, 09:41 AM
the last shot of Padme cleaning Artoo was flipped.

Yeah... the Jango is a total statue. Not happy about that at all.

pthfnder89
04-01-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

Yeah... the Jango is a total statue. Not happy about that at all.

It's funny, I didn't think I was going to like the Preview Jango at all. But I picked him up this weekend, and I actually like him better now that he's off of the card.

Maybe that's just because I know that Kamino Jango is just around the corner.

JetsAndHeels
04-01-2002, 09:52 AM
Kamino Jango is going to rock!! It has the removable helmet, the grappling hook, and the firing jetpack. Man I cant wait for that one. It'll be the first one I grab on the 23rd.